AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-04-04, 09:55   Link #2181
Seihai
スマイリウム

I haven't seen any news so it's probably still mid-April.
Old 2011-04-04, 10:45   Link #2182
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
It's an obvious "a dog guarding a haystack" situation then. And if MBS has this exclusive deal and refuses to proceed with its part, Shaft might as well break the contract right away. Of course, one could argue that they were first to lose the deadline on their part... but I believe the term "force major" is still valid among lawyers? Now, MBS, try to explain what force major is bugging you. Unwillingness to air destruction scenes a month after the quake? Fail; see my post above concerning polls. Not to mention we're speaking about a late night show, not a prime time one exposed for the whole nation to stumble upon at an accidental click. Something tells me the night slots might be airing things much gloomier (say, some J-horror movies or whatever), but they aren't publicized enough to draw attention. Madoka seems to be, though.
I already said that some Japanese companies canceled outright games that depicted destruction or delayed them indefinitely. Bandai even asked retailers to destroy a promo DVD for a One Piece game since it had an earthquake visibile. Therefore, it's quite possible MBS doesn't want to show it for the same reason.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 14:40   Link #2183
thirdlc

Effects other than delaying due to the disaster so far:

Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne!! - The first airing station aired ep 11, but the other stations skipped it.
Yumekui Merry - Part of ep 11 was self-cencored.
Genesis of Aquarion - Two stations are re-airing it. Both stations skipped ep 11.
Madoka Magica - MBS aired up to ep 10 and canceled the series. The other stations aired up to ep 9 and canceled the series.

It's not that everything can be aired in late night time slots, especially in the current situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snork View Post
Unless studio_ise's tweet was downright trolling (or unless (s)he watched episode 12 in rough sketches and storyboards, but writing about it is trolling nonetheless), the production should be over.
I read that tweet of studio_ise's now. I'm pretty sure studio_ise has not watched ep 12.

Quote:
studio_ise: There is a huge amount of things to say. When I have watched the final episode, let's talk about it.
Gen: That sounds like a death flag.
studio_ise: It's as if the moment I watched the final episode,. I dropped the rest since it's inappropriate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
I haven't seen any news so it's probably still mid-April.
I thought someone else would make a correction to it, but noone did yet. It's about time for me to do it.

It's "within April", not "mid-April".
thirdlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 15:18   Link #2184
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

This convo is giving me a disturbing mental image of a promo poster for "Madoka Magica Forever", featuring the tag line "Always Bet On Homu". Oh, if only I could photoshop.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 16:07   Link #2185
Dr. Casey

Censorship sucks, political correctness sucks, it's stupid for any games to be cancelled or series to be delayed (Especially for this long) because they resemble the damage the earthquake caused. I think it was refreshingly honest for Onii-chan no Koto to have that episode including the tsunami around the very same day it struck, it was nice to see one company that didn't feel obligated to walk on eggshells and understands the world isn't supposed to stop turning just because something bad happened.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 17:01   Link #2186
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I think it was refreshingly honest for Onii-chan no Koto to have that episode including the tsunami around the very same day it struck, it was nice to see one company that didn't feel obligated to walk on eggshells and understands the world isn't supposed to stop turning just because something bad happened.
They showed it once but all reruns were cancelled.
Old 2011-04-04, 20:30   Link #2187
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Censorship sucks, political correctness sucks, it's stupid for any games to be cancelled or series to be delayed (Especially for this long) because they resemble the damage the earthquake caused. I think it was refreshingly honest for Onii-chan no Koto to have that episode including the tsunami around the very same day it struck, it was nice to see one company that didn't feel obligated to walk on eggshells and understands the world isn't supposed to stop turning just because something bad happened.
Ha! Once the overwhelming mob defending Shaft wore down and enough time passed by, you finally show your true colors. Initially, you were more hesitant to condemn the forces that be, even though you seemed to lean towards my position.

Little can be changed if we sit back and merely accept the unseen procedures. Sure, maybe crying out against the delay with some angry E-mails and tweets would have little effect anyway. However, whatever small difference we can make is worth the large effort. But we need to start right after the delay is announced, instead of trying to sympathize with the Japanese.

The only person to do so is Fractale's director Yamakan... the only one bold enough to draw the controversy of the entire Japanese public.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 07:59   Link #2188
Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
This convo is giving me a disturbing mental image of a promo poster for "Madoka Magica Forever", featuring the tag line "Always Bet On Homu". Oh, if only I could photoshop.

I'm thinking of a Japanese remake of the above video featuring Yuuki Aoi(VA of Madoka) being pissed off at the delay of ep 11 and 12 from April to 21st of December,2012.
Old 2011-04-05, 08:44   Link #2189
sa547
*Author

LOL that was quite good! I can imagine that kind of thing, except that someone has to have hardcore audio-editing skills cutting and pasting the words in.
Old 2011-04-05, 09:01   Link #2190
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 09:15   Link #2191
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Quote:
I already said that some Japanese companies canceled outright games that depicted destruction or delayed them indefinitely. Bandai even asked retailers to destroy a promo DVD for a One Piece game since it had an earthquake visibile. Therefore, it's quite possible MBS doesn't want to show it for the same reason.
Admittedly, I understand their concerns, regardless of any polls. MBS's presumable attitude annoys me for the fact they refuse to let go of the episodes they planned to get money for airing, but don't air them anyway. Everyone's at stalemate position - the station, the studio, other stations and viewers.
Of course, there's still a chance we might be unjust to them, since it's all speculah all over again. Our sources concerning the production being finished sum up to one unofficial tweet. Although if MBS were really lobbying the stagnation of the show, we'd never be told outright anyway.

Quote:
Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne!! - The first airing station aired ep 11, but the other stations skipped it.
Boy, can I guess the reasons...

Quote:
Madoka Magica - MBS aired up to ep 10 and canceled the series. The other stations aired up to ep 9 and canceled the series.
Now that's interesting. MBS was the first to air the episode, so it happened BEFORE the quake. Other stations cancelling the completed episode... that does sound content-related, if you ask me... On the other hand, their broadcasts were scheduled not long after the quake, and they really had MORE important things to air, like emergency news reports.

Quote:
because they resemble the damage the earthquake caused.
Actually, sounds like a good point here. Political correctness aside, all these products' release/broadcasts mean income for a good number of people - many of whom most likely NEED this money more than ever after what happened. But political correctness and economy have never been on TOO friendly terms, I guess.

Quote:
Ha! Once the overwhelming mob defending Shaft wore down and enough time passed by, you finally show your true colors.
Er, what? The only thing we could address to Shaft was the production delay, understandable as it may be. If the delay is prolonged by broadcasting issues, I can't imagine THEM participating in it out of free will.

Quote:
instead of trying to sympathize with the Japanese.
not that it would be a bad idea regardless...

Quote:
LOL that was quite good! I can imagine that kind of thing, except that someone has to have hardcore audio-editing skills cutting and pasting the words in.
As a backup, we always have Hitler...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Um... Translation? I'm not quite fluent in these runes yet...
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 09:34   Link #2192
sa547
*Author

"Madoka Magica Forever - Always Bet On Home"

Translation table here.
Old 2011-04-05, 09:40   Link #2193
Cloudy

Also, Madoka never comes early. :3
Old 2011-04-05, 15:13   Link #2194
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I can always count on you guys.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 16:06   Link #2195
waffo
25% Unknown

Send a message via AIM to waffo Send a message via Yahoo to waffo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
I can always count on you guys.
Yay, another weird font I can use in addition to my District 9 font!
waffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 19:35   Link #2196
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The font's on the PMMM Wiki. :3
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 08:43   Link #2197
Kamel

I don't watch raws but I just seen files that seemed to be Raws of episode 11 and 12 on Tokyo Toshokan , its probably just some troll, but maybe just maybe a leak?
Kamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 09:17   Link #2198
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

People in ANN. . .
Apparently Madoka is just another loli show or something moe like K-on. . . though maybe they haven't watched Madoka yet because they're waiting for it to be licensed or something. . . Either way I'm just disappoint.
I try my best to accept people have different opinions but sometimes, just sometimes, people go out of line. GRRRRRR
Old 2011-04-06, 09:17   Link #2199
kaigan
Segmentation fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamel View Post
I don't watch raws but I just seen files that seemed to be Raws of episode 11 and 12 on Tokyo Toshokan , its probably just some troll, but maybe just maybe a leak?
those were for april fool's day, check the date. do not let yourself be victimized
kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 09:21   Link #2200
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Most likely trolling. /a/ threads had it monitored, and if there was a leak, the Madoka-related segment of the Internet would have exploded already.
Meanwhile, it's April 6 already........................................... ............
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen