AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-01-09, 19:46   Link #2341
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

just like Nate Kaeding last year, this year is David Akers. Still one of the best kickers in the league just a bad day.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 19:49   Link #2342
GDB

Yeah, not saying to fire him or anything like that, but you know he's going to be carrying this loss on his shoulders for a while to come.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 20:03   Link #2343
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Other than Seattle (who is surprising people), there wasn't much difference in terms of ability in the teams in the NFC. I think the Pack will go all the way.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 20:15   Link #2344
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
just like Nate Kaeding last year, this year is David Akers. Still one of the best kickers in the league just a bad day.
ARGH. Lose by 5 points. Left 6 points on the table.

EPIC SIGH.

Damn it. Lose on inches. From Celek stepping out of bounds by inches to Desean getting clipped by inches on the punt return to Mike Vick getting picked off by inches...

Gah. David Akers had a bad day when we needed a good day vs. the Packers' D.

In other news...Nnamdi Asmougha...

GET HIM NOW EAGLES. Asmougha+Samuel, and then patch up the O-line and defense in the draft and Eagles are going to come back kicking some serious ass.

Ah well...what could have been this season =/...numbers beside that were pretty even the rest of the game, just that Eagles left points on the table.

Now some concerns for the offseason:

Kolb and Vick--we need to retain both.
Receivers--I am not liking DeSean Jackson getting big-head Diva syndrome. Somebody deliver the memo to this kid that Ocho-Stinko, TOwned, and Randy Mouth don't have any super bowl rings and that one man doesn't make a team.

Draft--fix the damn offensive line. If that was any other QB out there, the Eagles would have been road kill long ago. Vick masked the deficiencies for a while, but couldn't do it forever. Defense: sign Asmougha through free agency now. The upside to joining the Eagles? He can get to be on a winning team. Throw him opposite Samuel and then dare anyone to throw the ball, period.

One last request...we need a slot receiver on the Eagles for Vick to go to on hot reads. The Patriots got bounced last year in the first round at home because they lost Welker. A Welker-type receiver on the Eagles would mean so very much.

Edit: not a bad season overall for what was supposed to be a rebuilding year buuuuuut...

Wasn't the same thing said about the PATRIOTS?!

T___________________T

Damn it.
Old 2011-01-09, 20:17   Link #2345
Demongod86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Other than Seattle (who is surprising people), there wasn't much difference in terms of ability in the teams in the NFC. I think the Pack will go all the way.
Bears, Falcons, Seahawks, and Packers?

Oh wow...yeah, Packers going all the way would not be surprising at this point. Damn solid football team.

AFC is going to be interesting. Pats/Jets at Foxboro...hey Jets, here comes murder part 2.

Steelers/Ravens...here we go again...*crunch*
Old 2011-01-09, 20:24   Link #2346
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Bears, Falcons, Seahawks, and Packers?

Oh wow...yeah, Packers going all the way would not be surprising at this point. Damn solid football team.

AFC is going to be interesting. Pats/Jets at Foxboro...hey Jets, here comes murder part 2.

Steelers/Ravens...here we go again...*crunch*
Even though I doubt the Pats beat down the Jets like they did on MNF, I'm really hoping they embarrass them again. I can't stand the Jets at all.
Old 2011-01-09, 21:50   Link #2347
solomon

Well, Vick didn't have any other choice. Oh well, we ALL KNOW they'll be back next year like they always are.

Oh man, I LOVE Ravens-Steelers the games are ALWAYS good. Dunno who will win that.
Likewise with Falcons and Packers.

Bears and Hawks, sure them Northwesterners did well gainst Who Dat and Jay Cutler is Jay Cutler but yea...Bears.

Watching the Kraft Bowl, good game, really like Nevada. WHERE IN THE HELL DID THEY PULL ALL THOSE FANS FROM??! They've overrun Pac Bell Park.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 21:57   Link #2348
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Thank God I don't have to listen to Iggles fans for awhile.... unfortunately, might as well pencil in the Fillies for the World Series and the Flyers will probably with the Stanley Cup.

Philly has plenty of time and opportunities to ruin my 2011, still. Just have to hope that I can walk to class every day the rest of 2011 and see all the Philly fans crying their tears of unfathomable sorrow.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 00:57   Link #2349
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

A dissapoiunting loss for my Eagles. Had the workings of a comeback towards the end, just didn't happen.

I just hope Akers missing those kicks doesn't cause some kind of misguided firing. That guy is too good a kicker to get rid of because of an off day.

The OL definitely needs to be worked on in the offseason.

Well I'll be hoping for a Patriots vs Packers super bowl at this point.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 01:06   Link #2350
Demongod86

Hoping? It's probably going to happen. Scarily enough, the Packers nearly dropped the Pats at home with a second-stringer and it took until the last minute for his newbie-ness to doom the Pack.

Can't see the Packers losing at the Falcons, and I doubt the seahawks are going to troll Da Bearz.

Interestingly enough, the Packers seem like this year's 2007 giants.
Old 2011-01-10, 01:11   Link #2351
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Seahawks did beat the Bears at Soldier Field earlier during the season.
Old 2011-01-10, 03:01   Link #2352
solomon

ALLLLLLLRIGHT MEN!

Cards on the table! Who's got who in da Natty?
Old 2011-01-10, 03:23   Link #2353
Alchemist007
*Author

Baltimore Ravens.
Old 2011-01-10, 10:21   Link #2354
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Yeah my heart also dropped when Vick threw that INT…I see what he was trying to do with the 6’4 Cooper giving him a jumpball but he underthrew it, he got greedy, and he probably cost himself 20-30 million dollars in the process…In other news I hear the PETA postgame party was a whale of a time after Vick’s folly…

As for my Saints, nearly everyone in the law office in which I work is wearing Black today…I also am wearing allblack, for Black Monday…It’s humiliating and humbling what transpired this weekend and LSU’s victory in the Cotton Bowl does nothing to end my shame (On that note, PLEASE PLEASE let Les Miles take the Michigan job, like PLEASE!)…

Don’t know if I’ll ever live down this loss…Yes the pure logic of the situation is we were without 7,8 starters in that game because of injuries, but the offense still put up 36 points (Shoulda been 42 atleast)…The defense who was missing 2 starters (Jenkins, Hargrove) is what truly failed us…The loss of Starting Free Safety Malcolm Jenkins forced Roman Harper to play coverage all game and Matt Hasselback raped him on a level Alcatraz inmates would be wary of…It’s funny but based on this loss we’re going to have to change so much about this team…Bush, Pierre Thomas, Shockey, Sharper, Lance Moore are all probably gone next season….That’s the NFL….

So now I’m gonna throw my lot in with the Jets…Yeah probably gonna get burned with that, but if I don’t have to watch Tom Brady throw 5 yard passes to Tightends all game atleast I’ll have something exciting to look forward too in the Superbowl….

Greenbay vs. The Jets let's go (oh and eventhough the Seahawks nerfed us I want them to beat the Bears for sure)…
Old 2011-01-10, 10:40   Link #2355
Demongod86

Green Bay vs. Pats super bowl IMO. Atlanta's solid but not stellar. Bears have been and still are a joke. Seaclowns aren't going to take it all the way, but with the saints...yeah that D needs work. 8 missed tackles on one run play = O_o...?

As for the AFC, the Pats have it locked up. They're going to trash the jets and then I think the steelers will edge the ravens again. And we all know how a Pittsburgh/NE game goes, especially at Foxboro. It's just mind-blowing though, in how what was supposed to be a rebuilding year for New England, they've just been blowing people up left and right to the points that their games become a snoozefest simply due to how one-sided they get (though the dink and dunk, dunk and dink doesn't exactly help either).
Old 2011-01-10, 12:36   Link #2356
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
ALLLLLLLRIGHT MEN!

Auburn. I don't know if Oregon can contain Newton.
Old 2011-01-10, 13:06   Link #2357
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

I think Baltimore can beat the Pats. I'm not sure but did Polamalu play against the Pats during the season? Cause if he didn't then that game means nothing.
Old 2011-01-10, 15:28   Link #2358
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
ALLLLLLLRIGHT MEN!

Oregon. Just because I'm tired of the SEC winning all the titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Kolb and Vick--we need to retain both.
Kolb says "Start me or trade me".

Last edited by Dilla; 2011-01-10 at 16:03.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 16:01   Link #2359
solomon

Okaaaayyy so we got one for the Ducks one for the Tigres

C'mon people, does this mean we don't have faith in Thy Holy Cam Newton?
Old 2011-01-10, 16:04   Link #2360
LusterFlare
Lost.

Gotta go with Oregon.
LusterFlare is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports