AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2009-09-10, 19:38   Link #1801
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Soul View Post
1) Are all the shinigamis who have problems with their zanpaktou master Bankai?
(I'm not sure) but personally I think so, coz if the zanpaktous reach bankai leve it means they are independent from their wielders.
and as soon as the shinigamiz conclude that, they will know about Ikaku and Yumichika Oooops they cant deny it anymore.
Nope, it's pretty much just the most powerful Shinigami, with or without Bankai.

Quote:
2) Do you remember the first epi of this arc when a purple hair women (not sure) with little girl and other people go to yamamto and i think they sealed him as Marumasa said. the question is " Is that purple hair women is Kyouraku Syunsui's zanpaktou?" coz i think she is appearing in the ending with him ?!!
if that is true .. Poor Kyouraku, he is the most one who concerned abt Yama-Ji and his zanpaktou did that to him!! lol
Yup, that woman is Katen kyōkotsu, Shunsui's Zanpakuto.
Old 2009-09-10, 19:43   Link #1802
Ichiban Hayai

Quote:
I have two questions :

1) Are all the shinigamis who have problems with their zanpaktou master Bankai?
(I'm not sure) but personally I think so, coz if the zanpaktous reach bankai leve it means they are independent from their wielders.
and as soon as the shinigamiz conclude that, they will know about Ikaku and Yumichika Oooops they cant deny it anymore.

2) Do you remember the first epi of this arc when a purple hair women (not sure) with little girl and other people go to yamamto and i think they sealed him as Marumasa said. the question is " Is that purple hair women is Kyouraku Syunsui's zanpaktou?" coz i think she is appearing in the ending with him ?!!
if that is true .. Poor Kyouraku, he is the most one who concerned abt Yama-Ji and his zanpaktou did that to him!! lol
1) I don't understand exactly what you are asking. Anyway, to achieve bankai a shinigami must successfully bring/materialize his zampaktou in real world. Extremely few succeed and usually it takes at least 10 years to do so. (Byakuya said so in SS arc)

In this arc Muramasa forces zampaktou materialize, so it doesn't count as achieving Bankai. E.g the fact that Tobiune was forced to materialize does not mean that Hinamori has now Bankai.

2) Yes she is Kyorakou's zampaktou
Ichiban Hayai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 01:47   Link #1803
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Note that Yumichika, Kira, Hisagi, Momo and Matsumoto have not achieved bankai so far.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 18:14   Link #1804
Uchiha Soul

Thanx guyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Note that Yumichika, Kira, Hisagi, Momo and Matsumoto have not achieved bankai so far.
the technique that Yumichika used when killed the arrancer was a Bankai or shikai? i think it was a bankai
Uchiha Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 18:18   Link #1805
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Nope, it was Shikai.
Old 2009-09-11, 23:48   Link #1806
Soul-Stealer
GFX Designer™ :)
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Soul-Stealer
can someone tell me why bleach is going anywhere ?! i mean in manga its different and in anime they just brought a new character Muramasa !

so can someone tell me what is going on?
Soul-Stealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 01:34   Link #1807
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul-Stealer View Post
can someone tell me why bleach is going anywhere ?! i mean in manga its different and in anime they just brought a new character Muramasa !

so can someone tell me what is going on?
it is because the anime catches up to the manga.
since they don't have enough manga content to animate, they have to make up new stuff. japan doesn't do reruns like we do. they have the choice to either make up new stuff to let the manga get ahead again or to lose their timeslot.
almost 1/2 of the anime isn't from the manga.
Old 2009-09-12, 03:51   Link #1808
Soul-Stealer
GFX Designer™ :)
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Soul-Stealer
hmmm now i get it ! Thnx kamyu.

Its really sad because i wanted to see the battle of Espada's and Captains its awesome!
Soul-Stealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 21:18   Link #1809
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul-Stealer View Post
hmmm now i get it ! Thnx kamyu.

Its really sad because i wanted to see the battle of Espada's and Captains its awesome!
Well they will be showed sooner or later so you are not losing anything^^
Old 2009-09-13, 00:39   Link #1810
sayde

This may seem kind of silly and ridiculous to ask, but what the hell.

How reliable can a line spoken by the english dubs during a filler arc be? On the episode of Bleach I just watched tonight, it was just stated by a filler character (Ashido) during a filler arc that their are Vasto Lorde level hollows (as in plural) residing in Las Noches. Should I take this with a grain of salt? Or should I have some faith in the possibility that the localization team isn't allowed to let the voice overs say something that's not true (even if it is a filler)?

Because quite honestly, this is pretty huge IMO if what Ashido stated is indeed true. For the record, I don't remember if Ashido stated the same thing in the japanese dubs. And I'm feeling way too lazy to check.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 02:27   Link #1811
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Doesn't really mean anything, maybe there were some when he had arrived, but he's been there for ages...even if there are any now, there's little to nothing left for them to do.
Old 2009-09-13, 03:32   Link #1812
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post

How reliable can a line spoken by the english dubs during a filler arc be? On the episode of Bleach I just watched tonight, it was just stated by a filler character (Ashido) during a filler arc that their are Vasto Lorde level hollows (as in plural) residing in Las Noches. Should I take this with a grain of salt? Or should I have some faith in the possibility that the localization team isn't allowed to let the voice overs say something that's not true (even if it is a filler)?

Because quite honestly, this is pretty huge IMO if what Ashido stated is indeed true. For the record, I don't remember if Ashido stated the same thing in the japanese dubs. And I'm feeling way too lazy to check.
how you consider what a filler character says depends on your view of canon. although in this case ashido and the menos forest are things kubo said he wanted to put in the manga but didn't have time.

as for the line itself, he does say it in japanese as well.
in addition to Kafriel's comment, it could also be explained by him not knowing what an arrancar is and confusing the two. after all, most of the arrancars' unreleased forms would fit the given description of a vasto lorde.

on a side note, omg the english nel, pesche, and dondo chakka sound HORRIBLE!
Old 2009-09-13, 04:01   Link #1813
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Question:

Did Ikkaku beat Grimmjows fraccion before or after the power limit thingy was removed?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 04:46   Link #1814
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I think it was before that, I remember Renji,Matsumoto and Hitsugaya releasing...he's a 3rd seat anyway so he didn't have a limit in the first place.
Old 2009-09-13, 05:02   Link #1815
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Ah yes, thank you.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 06:45   Link #1816
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I think it was before that, I remember Renji,Matsumoto and Hitsugaya releasing...he's a 3rd seat anyway so he didn't have a limit in the first place.
Still makes me think that he is way too powerful in comparison to all others there.
Old 2009-09-13, 08:23   Link #1817
Ichiban Hayai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Question:

Did Ikkaku beat Grimmjows fraccion before or after the power limit thingy was removed?
The limit seal applies only to captains & lietenants entering the real world.
It is applied based on rank and not strictly power.
Other shinigami don't receive it even if they are of captain class power.

That is why Matsumoto & Renji had seals while Ikaku & Yumichika didn't, even though the later might be of equal or even greater power.
Ichiban Hayai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 09:31   Link #1818
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Just to clarify... Soifon didn't show any signs of hate toward Urahara in SS, right?(not a manga spoiler either way btw, she clearly hates him in the Bount arc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post

Dubs are usually pretty reliable. Plus, it don't matter at all if the episode is anime original or not. Just go back and watch the Japanese version just to make sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
how you consider what a filler character says depends on your view of canon.
But don't dis-continuity mean that you're simply ignoring official canon, not redefining it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
on a side note, omg the english nel, pesche, and dondo chakka sound HORRIBLE!
Now I gotta watch that...
Old 2009-09-13, 11:18   Link #1819
sayde

aww...and I kinda liked english dubbed Nel.
Anyways, thanks for the replies.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 12:03   Link #1820
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Just to clarify... Soifon didn't show any signs of hate toward Urahara in SS, right?(not a manga spoiler either way btw, she clearly hates him in the Bount arc)
it was more like she was jealous of the attention he was given because she only saw him as a lazy slob. then she found out that all of her evidence of him being lazy was actually him very discreetly doing his job. then we never see her again.

Quote:
But don't dis-continuity mean that you're simply ignoring official canon, not redefining it?
well if you ignore part of an official definition, you essentially are redefining it on a personal level. though i suppose people usually don't refer to it that way. /shrug

i suppose nel's voice isn't that bad, more about preference on that one, but pesche... poor, poor pesche..

Tags
q&a