Old 2010-02-21, 13:16   Link #21
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Oh thanks, then I don't have that

Well I will remember that for the light
Old 2010-02-21, 13:16   Link #22
Irkalla
I asked for this

My beauty advice is that a lot of keyboard mashing and typing causes repetitive strain injuries and rheumatoid arthritis. That is also the reason why my post is so short, I will need my fingers in the future.
Old 2010-02-21, 13:22   Link #23
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
I did? Totally forgot O_O

The thing about sleep is that the person isn't having any of those problems, and it's not because of work but the person has always been like that . In any case where would you suggest getting those elements from? Supplements?
You definitely did

Phytotherapy = Plants. So every names I give about "phytotherapy" are not supplement, but name of plants. You can find a few those plant in form of capsules at the supermarket for some, but surely you'll find them all at the drugstore (pharmacy) for most. You can also get them as herbs to make herbal teas. For that, you need to order those plants as herbal tea at the drugstores/pharmacy. And be sure to ask to the people there how much you can drink of it if you take it as herbal tea. If it's as capsule, just follow the instructions on the boxes.

I am not familiar with UK names products, so I can't give you names of laboratories that actually sell those plants. But if you want French names, you can ask

For Trace elements (which is Trace Elements Therapy) , you'll find that more surely at the drugstores (pharmacy), even if a few of them can be found at place like supermarket such as Magnesium, because it's a popular Trace elements. But for things like Lithium, you'll have to rely on the pharmacy.

Again, I don't know the names of UK laboratories, but feel free to ask for french ones that sell trace elements.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 13:24   Link #24
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyannew View Post
If I recall, having the lights on (and sleeping during the day etc) affects the melatonin production in the body. Using something like heavy curtains, an eye mask, etc to "fool" the body into thinking it's night can sometimes help. You could also take a melatonin supplement, but IMO those're iffy, unless a Dr tells you the exact proper dosage.
The best is to sleep at night that's for sure
Old 2010-02-21, 13:29   Link #25
Liwyn

Send a message via MSN to Liwyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
My beauty advice is that a lot of keyboard mashing and typing causes repetitive strain injuries and rheumatoid arthritis. That is also the reason why my post is so short, I will need my fingers in the future.
I genuinely concur. This component, namely "keyboard mashing" as it has so rougly been refered to, is a severe and serious type of beauty corruption. We need to conclude this operation by putting a halt to all computer business. Mister Bill Gates himself should be sued and put behind bars for having brought this harmful and very addictive product on the marked. Some people say it's a step forward for technology, I say it's a step backwards for beauty.
Old 2010-02-21, 13:35   Link #26
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
The best is to sleep at night that's for sure
Gotta hate nightshift work xD
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 13:49   Link #27
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liwyn View Post
I genuinely concur. This component, namely "keyboard mashing" as it has so rougly been refered to, is a severe and serious type of beauty corruption. We need to conclude this operation by putting a halt to all computer business. Mister Bill Gates himself should be sued and put behind bars for having brought this harmful and very addictive product on the marked. Some people say it's a step forward for technology, I say it's a step backwards for beauty.
Let's not start on all the monitor starring, no matter if you have a lcd or not, you will still take significant damage to your eyes over the time. And if your eyes are damaged, how will you manage to admire all the beauty you have preserved with various methods over the years? With glasses or lenses you say.
Old 2010-02-21, 13:59   Link #28
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Let's not start on all the monitor starring, no matter if you have a lcd or not, you will still take significant damage to your eyes over the time. And if your eyes are damaged, how will you manage to admire all the beauty you have preserved with various methods over the years? With glasses or lenses you say.
Did not a lot of eyes problems can now be treated using laser? (not all of course, but a good bunch)
Old 2010-02-21, 14:04   Link #29
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Did not a lot of eyes problems can now be treated using laser? (not all of course, but a good bunch)
Yes they can. Varicose veins can also be removed surgically, you can get botox, dermabrasion and laser treatments for aging skin too. But then what would be the purpose of this thread to begin with? Wasn't it preventive?
Old 2010-02-21, 14:12   Link #30
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Yes they can. Varicose veins can also be removed surgically, you can get botox, dermabrasion and laser treatments for aging skin too. But then what would be the purpose of this thread to begin with? Wasn't it preventive?
Oh, I see... I think I see what you did there.

Sorry for not being mean enough to have spotted your sarcasms at first sight.

I'll then avoid to reply seriously to you from now on then
Old 2010-02-21, 14:31   Link #31
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Now now, let's not start a flame war in here. I'm sure you don't want to lose this thread cuz of that Narona. And Zas, laser treatment is good for removing certain problems but this thread is for people to share tips on how to prevent those problems in the first place. Not everyone can afford laser surgery either. That's why this thread was made after all.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 09:40   Link #32
Gin
*Artist

Does anyone have any good advice on how to get really pale? I want to dress up as a vampire for Halloween this year so I need to start getting really pale. The only problem is that I am outside in the sun a lot so I get kind of tan. Please donīt tell me to use bleach or something lol. I know a girl who tried that and she her skin just got really blotchy, she didnīt look like a vampire at all.
Quote:
the reason why my post is so short, I will need my fingers in the future.

Quote:
Are you being serious? I have never heard of people shooting lasers into their own eyes. That seems like it would be kind of counter productive. Also, if we have laser guns, then why do most armies still use regular guns? Are laser guns outlawed by the Geneva Convention or something? Sorry for being so off topic here, the thought of lasers just has me really confused right now.
Old 2010-02-22, 09:58   Link #33
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Laser technology is used from printers to cutting-edge medical tools...so yeah, it's used for the treatment of nonrefractive conditions, e.g. sealing a retinal tear, but can't cure myopia, which calls for refractive surgery.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 10:04   Link #34
Gin
*Artist

So lasers are pretty common? Thats kind of scary knowing that my printer has a laser gun, what if it becomes sentinent? I think I am going to unplug my printer when ever Iīm not using it from now on. Also, why arenīt there laser guns in the army? Or is it just that the American army canīt afford them? I always thought that we had a pretty well equipped army but if other countries have laser guns then thats kind of scary.

Do you think I could use lasers to make my skin paler? I could try and take apart my printer to find its laser gun but I have a feeling that lasers would just burn me or make me more tan. I need to start getting pale now so I can have the best Halloween costume.
Old 2010-02-22, 10:32   Link #35
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

This feels like entering the Twilight Zone let me downgrade a bit .

Laser Surgery has been used since 70s-80s medically, Cosmetically since 80s .

Speaking of Cosmetic Lasers Surgery

Quote:
LASIK : Eye Power Correction i.e. No spectacles

Resurfacing : Removes Scars Wrinkles Pimples Aberrations Beauty Spots
And speaking of cost, Lasik costs less than 1000 Euros and is a permanent solution . PhotoRejuvenations differs from clinic to clinic .

And unlike Augmentation Botox or Rhinoplasty, Resurfacing/Lasik is a required evil .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
So lasers are pretty common?
Types of Laser and now you know : D

Old 2010-02-22, 10:40   Link #36
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post
Types of Laser and now you know : D
Ok thanks, which one of those should I use to make myself more pale? Iīm guessing since UV rays make you tan (UV rays are what the sun shoots out fyi) maybe I should try the īMid-Infraredīones? Its on the other side of the spectrum so it seems like the most logical choice, but maybe they get you tanner the further you get to the right. If that s thecase, maybe I should just stay away from lasers in general since Iīm trying to get really pale so I can have the best Halloween costume this year. Last year some guy dressed up like a vampire and everyone agreed that he had the coolest costume.
Old 2010-02-22, 10:50   Link #37
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Ok thanks, which one of those should I use to make myself more pale? Iīm guessing since UV rays make you tan (UV rays are what the sun shoots out fyi) maybe I should try the īMid-Infraredīones? Its on the other side of the spectrum so it seems like the most logical choice, but maybe they get you tanner the further you get to the right. If that s thecase, maybe I should just stay away from lasers in general since Iīm trying to get really pale so I can have the best Halloween costume this year. Last year some guy dressed up like a vampire and everyone agreed that he had the coolest costume.
Please don't operate on yourself O.O

Goto to a clinic and your from Cali, the Home of Plastic Surgery . Chemical Peel you dont even need laser surgery for that . Laser Chemical peel is for extensive damage .

Here are the clinics which do Chemical Peel :

http://www.chemicalpeel.org/california.aspx
Old 2010-02-22, 10:56   Link #38
Gin
*Artist

Chemical peels sound kind of dangerous, isnīt pretty much just throwing acid onto your face? Iīm not sure where I could get the necesary chemicals. Plus then I would have skin flaps hanging off my face for a couple of weeks. My friend gets sunburned a lot and sometimes he has skin flakes on his face and it looks really gross. Plus when it peels he is still tan so I think Chemical peels might not actually help. Thanks for the advice though. Hopefully someone else has a more usefull/less dangerous way because if I donīt get really pale, then my vampire costume will look silly. Everyone knows that vampires canīt go out in the sun so a tan vampire just wouldnīt be convincing.
Old 2010-02-22, 11:04   Link #39
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Chemical peels sound kind of dangerous, isnīt pretty much just throwing acid onto your face?
Yes and No all acids and bases aren't corrosive .

Depends on there strength & type of Acid/Base . And its done extensively, there are no side-effects like scarring/irritation . Plus you will be sedated if skin correction is extensive .

Before & After Images :

Old 2010-02-22, 11:13   Link #40
Gin
*Artist

That guy still looks pretty tan though. And that girls skin is all greasy, do you know if thats a common side-effect of throwing acid on your face? My skin is pretty smooth right now so I wouldnīt want to burn my self with acid to get paler, only to create another problem. Vampires usually donīt have oily skin so I need to stay away from that as well if Iīm going to have the best Halloween costume this year. Last year I was a pirate, but nobody thought it was that good of a costume so I was really embarassed and now I have to have the best costume this year so I can redeem myself.

Tags
beauty, health, style