AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Old 2010-04-14, 13:19   Link #1
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Angel Beats! - Novel Discussion

Welcome to the Angel Beats! Novel Discussion thread.

Here's a quick blurb from Wikipedia about the Angel Beats! Novels:
Quote:
A series of seven illustrated short stories written by Jun Maeda and drawn by GotoP entitled Angel Beats! Track Zero were serialized between the November 2009 and May 2010 issues of ASCII Media Works's Dengeki G's Magazine.[10] The main character of the stories is Hinata, and is a prequel to Angel Beats!, which tells the story of how the SSS was formed. A special extra chapter focusing on Girls Dead Monster was published in the sixth volume of Dengeki G's Festival! Deluxe on March 29, 2010. The chapter titles for the stories are taken from song titles from various musical artists. The first chapter, "Two Person Rocket" (二人のロケット, Futari no Rocket?), was posed online with illustrations by ASCII Media Works.[11]
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 21:21   Link #2
descent87

And here is the link to Chapter one: http://subsmith.wordpress.com/2010/0...ocket-for-two/

Much thanks to subsmith, hopefully someone will do the rest. Its pretty funny, and I actually like Yuri and Hinata's interaction alot. Its great getting to know more about the guy. A very funny and yet intriguing first chapter a microcosm of the show itself in some ways.

Spoiler for Just more thoughts:
descent87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 06:39   Link #3
prnoct90

Someone is translating the rest of the chapters and posting them here. They have 2 and 3 so far.

http://www.mediafire.com/angelbeatstrackzero
prnoct90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 13:04   Link #4
descent87

These are awesome thank you! I will have to email him thanks as well.

Man these chapters keep getting better. The double translations makes certain passages a tad confusing but its interesting to see how it all started. Yuri is getting on my nerves more and more, Tenshi gets more interesting as a character, and I have a lot more respect for Hinata now, cool guy.
descent87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 03:11   Link #5
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Just finished reading all seven chapters (and will start on the Girls Dead Monster one next) - being trilingual has its advantages :P

Notes:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-05-03, 09:21   Link #6
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
Notes:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for speculation:
Old 2010-05-03, 09:57   Link #7
prnoct90

Quote:
Just finished reading all seven chapters (and will start on the Girls Dead Monster one next) - being trilingual has its advantages :P

Notes:
Spoiler:
Wait, what Girl's Dead Monster one?
Old 2010-05-03, 10:35   Link #8
icyhandofcrap
crap translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by prnoct90 View Post
Wait, what Girl's Dead Monster one?
There's an extra Girls Dead Monster light novel chapter as well as the other 6 chapters of the prequel.
icyhandofcrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 10:48   Link #9
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
Spoiler for speculation:
Didn't read pass ch 4 yet.

But if your speculation is right, the future Tenshi(s) would be awesome then. Just image how the order would then be kept in this school with that pair
Old 2010-05-03, 12:59   Link #10
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Oh yes, and

Spoiler:

I only skimmed the Girl Dead Monster chapter, I think it was mostly fluff with little relevance to the main plot.
Old 2010-05-03, 22:44   Link #11
Key Board
Carbon

a few things I got from reading the novels

Spoiler:
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 01:57   Link #12
prnoct90

Quote:
Originally Posted by icyhandofcrap View Post
There's an extra Girls Dead Monster light novel chapter as well as the other 6 chapters of the prequel.
Okay, but which magazine, and what volume? I've been collecting all the Denki G's with the novel in it. But, I've never heard anything about the Girls Dead Monster chapter.
Old 2010-05-04, 03:01   Link #13
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Oh, thanks for the links for the translated novel chapters. Looking forward to the rest of Track Zero.

http://angelbeats.wikia.com
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 16:54   Link #14
TadloS

Oh, so novel is being translated. Gonna definitely read it sometime soon.
TadloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 09:55   Link #15
Leo Keichi

I've read the first four chapters. Hm, as time goes by, I'm starting to sympathize with Tenshi more and more.

Quote:
Oh, the envy. But I'll get there someday as well, I hope.
Leo Keichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 12:50   Link #16
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Just caught up with the latest translated chapter (4). So Chaa is actually a high schooler too, I thought he was way older than the others

It's interesting to see how the SSS was founded. These chapters certainly didn't change my mind about Yuri, she acts too much like a bitch for my tastes. Though I can see she's got some good sides to her. She and Hinata sure jumped to conclusions fast about Kanade, but it's good to see they actually tried to communicate with her at first, I'm curious to see how that discussion in her room will turn out. I wish I could sniff Tenshi's pajamas... What am I saying? That part was a bit weird.
Old 2010-05-07, 03:08   Link #17
dark998

I want to see Kanade in her pajamas...
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 22:15   Link #18
maplehurry

Couldn't get to there for some reason.. :s
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 04:33   Link #19
Knightrunner

Same here, I read all the chapters and she definetly sounds almost like haruhi. In the anime though I get a different vibe from her though like she became nicer or something. She still carrry that same resentment but I didn't think she was that extreme before.
Old 2010-05-10, 05:27   Link #20
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The most logical conclusion to this is that Yuri was still boiling down after what happened before she died.
Being all alone for years most likely jaded her before dying, then hanging around with "comrades" warmed her up.

The evident part is that her resentment is vastly toned down, like in the novel, she is quite angry like half of the time when a touchy subject is brought to the table. The fact she wasn't really fancying random stuff in the novel indicates clearly she was quite obsessed in finding a lead and beating "something to pulp".

I wouldn't be surprised if her development in the novel will lead by the end of it, her current state of mind in the anime. (Fun fact is that, if the whole "Tenshi is human" popped right in the novel, she would definitely go panzer, unlike in her anime period).

Tags
seinen