Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-05-17, 18:42   Link #101
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
A good number of Pokemon, sure. A number of good Pokemon, definitely not. Kabutops, while relatively strong, is frail and not that fast. Sandslash is a horrible Pokemon. Your only real choices are Kabutops (frail, weak to Rotom), Blastoise (sturdy, but not too strong, weak to Rotom), and Starmie (frail, super weak to Rotom).
Sandslash isn't horrible. Of course, if you compare it to stuff like Garchomp and other pseudo-legendaries, maybe, but he isn't Marcargo.
Scarf-Sandslash can be a surprise and can take down opponents with low defenses (100 isn't low, after all), and if you focus on HP and Def, he can act as a very good physical wall. You can Stealth Rock your opponent and use Super Fang to lower their health.

Kabutops is frail and not too fast, but he has Swift Swim, meaning he does wonders in a RainDance team... I mean, Kyogre team. (After all, who doesn't use Kyogre these days in those WCS battles... *mumble* *mumble* Thanks to Nintendo allowing legendaries, no one can use their favorite Pokemon and try to win and have to use those pokemon...).
Plus, Kabutops is one of the few physical swift swim Pokemon.
Rotom? Swift Swim + Night Slash is good enough to take it out.

Yes, yes, Starmie and Blastoise are both weak to Rotom (and so is a majority of the water pokemon)... Though they are both fine Pokemon on their own, especially Starmie. Nothing to give up just because they are weak to one Pokemon.

Quote:
Using and using effectively/efficiently are different.
Have you watched any of the videos before saying that? Because if they were really bad and not using Gravity right, I wouldn't suggest those videos in the first place.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 19:11   Link #102
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Sandslash isn't horrible. Of course, if you compare it to stuff like Garchomp and other pseudo-legendaries, maybe, but he isn't Marcargo.
Scarf-Sandslash can be a surprise and can take down opponents with low defenses (100 isn't low, after all), and if you focus on HP and Def, he can act as a very good physical wall. You can Stealth Rock your opponent and use Super Fang to lower their health.
I compare Sandslash not to Garchomp, but to say... Gliscor? Hippowdon? Mamoswine? Swampert? The highly used ground Pokemon. While a Choice Scarf gives him enough speed to be about equal to or just above a Sceptile, what's he doing to do once he's there? Sure, he's not as bad as Magcargo, but he's still not good.

A completely defensive Sandslash can't even take a standard lead Swampert's Waterfall. It's 2HKO'd every time, taking 54.2% - 64.4% damage per Waterfall. Granted a standard lead Swampert doesn't run Waterfall, but that's with no attack boosting nature and only 4 Attack EVs.

Quote:
Kabutops is frail and not too fast, but he has Swift Swim, meaning he does wonders in a RainDance team... I mean, Kyogre team. (After all, who doesn't use Kyogre these days in those WCS battles... *mumble* *mumble* Thanks to Nintendo allowing legendaries, no one can use their favorite Pokemon and try to win and have to use those pokemon...).
Plus, Kabutops is one of the few physical swift swim Pokemon.
While I agree those new rules are bollocks, no one uses Stealth Rock in doubles. Not 4v4 doubles, at least.

Quote:
Depends on the builds. A pure offensive, Choice Banded Kabutops cannot 2HKO a pure defensive Rotom-A with Leftovers.

Quote:
Yes, yes, Starmie and Blastoise are both weak to Rotom (and so is a majority of the water pokemon)... Though they are both fine Pokemon on their own, especially Starmie. Nothing to give up just because they are weak to one Pokemon.
If your purpose in using them is to Rapid Spin, then yes you should give up on them because they're weak to the primary ghost Pokemon (just barely edging out Gengar). Though if you plan on using them anyway, and figure you'll throw Rapid Spin on them since they're there, then sure.

Quote:
Have you watched any of the videos before saying that? Because if they were really bad and not using Gravity right, I wouldn't suggest those videos in the first place.
I don't have a NicoDouga account, so can't see their videos. I just don't see much use in Gravity, even if you do want to sweep with Earthquake. Most users of that get access to Rock Slide or Stone Edge, which would take out most flying types anyway.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 19:22   Link #103
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
I compare Sandslash not to Garchomp, but to say... Gliscor? Hippowdon? Mamoswine? Swampert? The highly used ground Pokemon. While a Choice Scarf gives him enough speed to be about equal to or just above a Sceptile, what's he doing to do once he's there? Sure, he's not as bad as Magcargo, but he's still not good.
Well, you can compare them, but all of them are completely different Pokemon and have completely different movesets, so you can't say they are a better version of Sandslash. Sure, there are stronger ground Pokemon, but I'm not one to use a Pokemon just because it is strong.

What's he going to do once he's there? Attack, what else. Not sure what the question means. Attack, damage or take out the opponent, retreat, etc.

Whatīs going on...(question mark
My keyboard... : is becoming Ņ and stuff... (question mark

Quote:
While I agree those new rules are bollocks, no one uses Stealth Rock in doubles. Not 4v4 doubles, at least.
True

Quote:
I don't have a NicoDouga account, so can't see their videos. I just don't see much use in Gravity, even if you do want to sweep with Earthquake. Most users of that get access to Rock Slide or Stone Edge, which would take out most flying types anyway.
Romance, romance! Just because they want to! Thatīs why they use Gravity

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2010-05-18, 05:43   Link #104
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Of course, Rotom-A is the go-to Ghost at the moment for spin blocking. But it's still insanely hard for any current spinners to threaten Dusknoir, so even if he can't threaten much they can't do anything to him either.
Point I was getting at was with how hyper offensive the game is do you really want to run another Dark weakness? In the end you'll probably want to pick only one of the 3, not saying hes useless mind you. Dusknoir is still very much used and quite useful, though I tend to play him as a Sub Puncher. Unfortunately Dynamic Punch is only available to 3rd Gen bred Dusclops.

Quote:
Like mentioned half the problem is Rotom forms are too bulky to easily kill and aren't slow or weak as bollocks like Dusknoir. Seriously all Dusknoir gets for STAB is Shadow Sneak, even Sucker Punch is stronger. (Shadow Punch isn't even worth mentioning)

Quote:
Most users of that get access to Rock Slide or Stone Edge, which would take out most flying types anyway.
Some interesting applications if you humour me for a second.

Gravity sets up a Donphan to utterly annihilate any spin blocker not named Dusknoir. Lets not forget Donphan still packs one of the strongest EQ's in the game, it makes Rotom/Gengar think twice about switching in. Half the reason Donphan has lost usuage is he is normally completely walled by Rotom and Assurance at best is a very cruddy coverage attack.

The other big use off the top of my head is allowing Dugtrio to trap anything in the game. That alone is a huge bonus in my opinion.

Or if you play a Gengar he does lose Levitate but that doesn't stop him being useful. In exchange he can absorb Toxic Spikes and gets 100% accurate Hypnosis and Focus Blast. Don't know about you but that could quite easily cripple 2 Pokemon instantly. 1 hit the initial and usually expected Dark type revenge killer then sleep the next switch in.
Old 2010-05-22, 18:35   Link #105
kco143

Quote:
*points to Battle Revolution*

Have you ever used Battle Revolution? It's horrible! The people you battle are complete noobs. I get maybe 1 or 2 decent ones. Plus you can't exactly take the wii anywhere. . .
Old 2010-05-22, 19:31   Link #106
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

ack, I just saw the new starter pokemon for Black and White..... I am a big fan of pokemon and I am going to say "do not want" to them <.< the design is horrible, seriously, I don't mind if they use the old starter pokemon like charmander or mudkip for Black and White.....
I can see this is going to be a bad year for gaming seeing how Blizzard is butt ramping SC2 with a sand paper condom and now this shit.......
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 19:37   Link #107
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by kco143 View Post
Have you ever used Battle Revolution? It's horrible! The people you battle are complete noobs. I get maybe 1 or 2 decent ones. Plus you can't exactly take the wii anywhere. . .
I used it over 200+ hours though? It's great.
You obviously didn't use it long enough. Because the majority of my battles are against good people.
You hate facing off against those noobs? Battle at like... midnight or something. You'll find more Japanese people and 9/10 of them are not noobs.

Old 2010-05-22, 19:49   Link #108
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
I can see this is going to be a bad year for gaming seeing how Blizzard is butt ramping SC2 with a sand paper condom and now this shit.......
Yeah, cause the gaming industry is completely reliant on how well Pokemon and Star Craft are produced and sold.
Old 2010-05-23, 00:04   Link #109
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
ack, I just saw the new starter pokemon for Black and White..... I am a big fan of pokemon and I am going to say "do not want" to them <.< the design is horrible, seriously, I don't mind if they use the old starter pokemon like charmander or mudkip for Black and White.....
Wait for their final forms before making a judgment. Gen4's starters looked worse than these, imo, but their finals ended up being good or great.
Old 2010-05-23, 02:51   Link #110
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Wait for their final forms before making a judgment. Gen4's starters looked worse than these, imo, but their finals ended up being good or great.
I'd have agree on this, the chance to use Empoleon in battle consisted of exactly half of the reason why I purchased Diamond and Pearl. (And getting back into pokémon for the first time in 4 years. Not to mention buying my first DS.)
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 11:18   Link #111
kco143

Quote:
I used it over 200+ hours though? It's great.
You obviously didn't use it long enough. Because the majority of my battles are against good people.
You hate facing off against those noobs? Battle at like... midnight or something. You'll find more Japanese people and 9/10 of them are not noobs.
Well that's all fine and dandy. Perhaps I will try that. But I just can't fathom why Nintendo won't do something similar with their DS titles. I would have endless hours of fun if I didn't have to enter so many FC's to battle.
Old 2010-05-28, 13:28   Link #112
fer619

Send a message via AIM to fer619 Send a message via MSN to fer619
http://www.pokemon.com/blackwhite/en/

watch the end of the flash animation

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2010-05-28, 13:42   Link #113
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

^ Yup, Reshiram and Zekrom

Spoiler for Black and White Cover Legendaries:

Funnily enough, Reshiram (the angelic sky-like one) will only be in Black Version and Zekrom (the demonic earth-like one) will only be in White Version.

This might cause a lot of people to re-think their version of choice. I know that's the case for me. D=

Also, the games are confirmed for a September 2010 release in Japan and a Spring 2011 release for North America.
Old 2010-05-28, 13:55   Link #114
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I like them Legends now they are cool, that alone I think is enough for me to fork out for new game.
Old 2010-05-28, 14:27   Link #115
leodamine
Divine Akuma

gotta get black for Reshiram now =D
Old 2010-05-28, 14:54   Link #116
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I guess Zekrom for me.

I wonder what are their types.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 15:29   Link #117
GDB

I swear, their names sound so familiar. Like they may be derived from Egyptian, Norse, or Babylonian gods or something.
Old 2010-05-28, 15:35   Link #118
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I wonder what are their types.
Zekrom definetly looks like a Dragon/Dark type.

Hard to say what Reshiram is though, Dragon/Flying?
Old 2010-05-28, 15:40   Link #119
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Heh, heh. Reshiram looks like it has a penis.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 16:07   Link #120
darkburst

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
Heh, heh. Reshiram looks like it has a penis.
HAHAHA I was thinking the exact same thing! Although I don't really like the new designs so far. >.<
darkburst is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nintendo, pokemon black and white, rpg