AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-18, 22:10   Link #41
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Bellamy ends up losing, well hope he plays a part later on. Barto's power is interesting. Wonder what the toy will tell Franky.
Old 2013-05-19, 15:12   Link #42
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Bellamy will appear later on as an enemy, Possibly against Sanji.
Old 2013-05-19, 15:15   Link #43
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
If the Strawhats really do get to take down DoFlamingo, then maybe. Arguably, Do-y already has enough subordinates to last the Strawhats quite some time, so instead of Sanji, let's give Binami to Nami (arguably the only person that would still have a grudge against Spring-kun).
Old 2013-05-19, 15:24   Link #44
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I don't think Bellamy is a worthy opponent for Sanji (there should be quite the disparity in strength between them). If by some miracle Vergo makes a re-emergence, I'd like to see a rematch between him and Sanji. If not Vergo, one of Doflamingo's elite subordinates should fight Sanji (perhaps Trevor).
Old 2013-05-19, 15:25   Link #45
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
^Is it the Man or the Fruit that makes the bounty?
His powers are best at repelling blows. But if someone grabs him like Bellamy did then he can't seem to stand up to them. The key is not to use physical force on him. It does not work on him. Grabbing him and squeezing him unconscious or destroying the ground he stands on is the only thing that will work. Without the devil fruit he seems just has weak has Ganbia The Missionary. The question is can Bartolomeo use is barrier for both defense and offense at the same time or can the barrier only be used for one thing at a time? What affects will it have on Luffy since he is immune to blunt force? Will Haki work on his barrier? For now grabbing him is the most affective solution. Smoker would be another excellent person against him.
Pretty much everyone with a fruit takes advantage of it.
He defeated a Vice Admiral without breaking a sweat,someone on that level should probably be a little more observing and take a note of his ability.

Also he revealed to everyone in this chapter what his ability was,so he will have to rely on more than his fruit in the following battles.
Old 2013-05-19, 15:41   Link #46
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Also he revealed to everyone in this chapter what his ability was,so he will have to rely on more than his fruit in the following battles.
Just saying what his fruit ability is isn't enough for the opposition to know how it works. Participants will have to learn the hard way how to exploit its weakness, and by that I mean getting damaged in the process of fighting him and figuring it out.
Old 2013-05-19, 16:50   Link #47
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post

Don't think so. It's been so heavily implied that Bellamy underwent a huge change in character during the skip that there wouldn't be much of a point in making him the Straw-Hat's enemy again. The mere fact that Luffy even cheered him on this chapter is already proof enough that he's on better terms with the dachshund than he was during Jaya. That's not to say that they're friends now per se, but I see no reason for them to return to an antagonistic relationship (aside from Doflamingo that is, but even then remember that Luffy's main purpose at the island is the factory, not Dofla himself).
Old 2013-05-19, 22:48   Link #48
danielevo

talking about power, i hope Franky has kairoseki in his punch, so he can land a blow to person who eat logia DF, it will be very epic, hahaha..
Old 2013-05-20, 00:25   Link #49
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Don't think so. It's been so heavily implied that Bellamy underwent a huge change in character during the skip that there wouldn't be much of a point in making him the Straw-Hat's enemy again. The mere fact that Luffy even cheered him on this chapter is already proof enough that he's on better terms with the dachshund than he was during Jaya. That's not to say that they're friends now per se, but I see no reason for them to return to an antagonistic relationship (aside from Doflamingo that is, but even then remember that Luffy's main purpose at the island is the factory, not Dofla himself).
Anagonistic relationship, not so much, but there IS plenty of reason to still fight. Luffy is helping Law take down Doflamingo and Bellamy is a HUGE Doflamingo fan. That fact allow gives him reason to fight Luffy and the strawhats
Old 2013-05-20, 11:45   Link #50
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielevo View Post
talking about power, i hope Franky has kairoseki in his punch, so he can land a blow to person who eat logia DF, it will be very epic, hahaha..
That would be a good idea if he was to have that. Don't see why he wouldn't.
Old 2013-05-20, 15:58   Link #51
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Anagonistic relationship, not so much, but there IS plenty of reason to still fight. Luffy is helping Law take down Doflamingo and Bellamy is a HUGE Doflamingo fan. That fact allow gives him reason to fight Luffy and the strawhats

THAT, I think would ultimately depend on the circumstances. Now, let me quote myself from the previous chapter thread:

Quote:
^This is more of a hunch than anything, but I think what's ultimately going to cement Dofla's status as Luffy's main foe this arc will be their conflicting ideologies. I had briefly brought this up in my earlier post about Sabo, but this applies more than ever here: Think of the Bellamy conflict in Jaya. Who was the one who planted those ideas of spitting on people's dreams in those people's heads in the first place? If it was Dofla, then that means he's the very root of the conflict in question.

In fact, this is very likely the reason why Oda reintroduced us to Bellamy in this arc in the first place: We can learn through him about what makes Dofla such an influential person in the first place. Why does Bellamy idolize this man to the point that he even went to the trouble of bringing him a gift from a sky island, apparently at the cost of his own crew? How does a guy who dabbles in underground slave trade and weapons manufacturing earn so much respect from so many people, even after abdicating his status as both a warlord AND king? If he was able to rise as high as he did by ridiculing and stomping on the dreams of others, well..... could you really see Luffy take that sitting down?

^To add upon this, what if it turns out that Dofla's underground weapon business actually goes against Bellamy's preconceptions of him? Or if Dofla betrays him in some other way at some point? Do you still see Bellamy being Luffy's enemy if his beliefs were shattered? That's pretty much what I'm getting at here. Right now I just can't see the new, improved Bellamy as the same stooge he was back in Jaya......
Old 2013-05-21, 05:56   Link #52
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Just saying what his fruit ability is isn't enough for the opposition to know how it works. Participants will have to learn the hard way how to exploit its weakness, and by that I mean getting damaged in the process of fighting him and figuring it out.
Agreed.But people that are actually capable of putting up a fight,should take a note of that and be more careful.

But i wonder,how would Luffy have taken a King's punch....technically it was a physical attack.
Old 2013-05-21, 06:31   Link #53
kakakka

One Piece won't be out for two weeks

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...due-to-illness
Old 2013-05-21, 06:35   Link #54
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post

But i wonder,how would Luffy have taken a King's punch....technically it was a physical attack.
I doubt he would have been harmed, but he would have still be thrown around by the sheer force of the blow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post

Spring fevers and allergies always get me this time of year, and I guess they get Oda as well sometimes....Hope Oda is feeling better soon.
Old 2013-05-21, 12:14   Link #55
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post

I always feel sad for cases like this. If Oda were to be part of his own story, I hope chopper would make him feel better whenever Oda has an illness.
Old 2013-05-21, 12:42   Link #56
marvelB

Whoa, this sure came out of nowhere. Well naturally, I wish for Oda to make a full recovery. However, I daresay that he deserves longer than two weeks off, considering the insane amount of time he puts into his work. I mean, the Magi author is currently in the middle of a full month's break and she isn't sick or anything, so why can't Oda get the same treatment? It might be a bit painful, but I otherwise wouldn't mind the wait, personally.
Old 2013-05-21, 18:58   Link #57
shalala

Quote:
Whoa, this sure came out of nowhere. Well naturally, I wish for Oda to make a full recovery. However, I daresay that he deserves longer than two weeks off, considering the insane amount of time he puts into his work. I mean, the Magi author is currently in the middle of a full month's break and she isn't sick or anything, so why can't Oda get the same treatment? It might be a bit painful, but I otherwise wouldn't mind the wait, personally.
He should take the year off tbh the amount of work he does and puts into his manga is good. I read that he works from 5am to 2 am. If that is the case then he really should take a year off.
Old 2013-05-21, 20:36   Link #58
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Better yet he should have a proper work schedule (you know, one that's actually healthy). It's okay to put in extra hours every now and then, but to do what he's doing on a daily basis is very bad for one's health. It also doesn't help that he smokes a lot.
Old 2013-05-21, 22:02   Link #59
Kakashi_Yamato_Iruka

Hope Oda recovers.
Old 2013-05-22, 10:25   Link #60
janipani

Oh no Sounds bad.

Let's hope he will return stronger than ever before... if you can say that about mangaka. heh

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Closed Thread