AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: My-Otome Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 37 25.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 32.65%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 33 22.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 12.24%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.36%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.04%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.68%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.68%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-15, 10:31   Link #1
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

[Mai Otome] Episode 23 Discussion/Poll

Welcome to this week's Episode of Mai-Otome.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep Manga spoilers out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.
Be aware that due to the very nature of these threads, current episode content will be discussed without the use of Spoiler tags. Also, since these threads go up early, unrestrained speculation about the upcoming episode will be knee-deep. If you haven't seen the Episode, I would advise you not to click into the thread prior to the Fan-sub release, or don't complain if you're spoiled.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=My Otome]The Mr. Burns reference is in homage to an American cartoon.[/spoiler]

....will get you this...
Spoiler for My Otome:

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-03-22 at 11:57.
Old 2006-03-15, 10:43   Link #2
Mirtual

Question

Doesen't Otohime air sometime tomorrow, or did I miss something??

I can't see/find the RAW of 23.

Anway, I am looking very forward to the episode. From the preview I would say that we get more storyline and less fighting this time, but with the appearance of Mai I hope to get some unaswered questions answered.

And how many Mikotos are there? There is the cat, the one that is with Mai, and the one that was defending the Harmonium... strange things happen here...
Just went through the Eps again. So:
-Mikoto that is guarding the Harmonium.
-Mikoto that is with Mai.
-Mikoto (cat) that is with Mashiro.
-Mikoto (cat) that appears before Miyu in Ep 22.
-Mikoto (cat) that lands on the car.
-And then there are those cat statues. I think one of them breaks after Nina deafeats (?) the guardian Mikoto.
Someone can explain to me what that is supposed to tell us?

EDIT:
Got that, thanks for the information, and there I was in panic searching thorugh all those pages and channels to find an episode that did not air yet. Well, that kind of explains why most of the other users asked me if I knew what day of the week it is XD

Last edited by Mirtual; 2006-03-15 at 11:00.
Old 2006-03-15, 10:48   Link #3
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirtual
Doesen't Otohime air sometime tomorrow, or did I miss something??
I start the threads early so people can jump in and speculate about the upcoming episode ... chat about what may or may not happen, what they expect to happen or who will die by Nina's sword, what they want from the next episode, and to throw off the total post count for the thread to make the show look more popular than it is. The episode isn't out yet, so don't bother looking for it.

Cheers.
Old 2006-03-15, 11:45   Link #4
Eclipze

Very simple expectation: Mai will cook superb ramen.

Though I wonder how she gets the ingrediants, being in some hidden vally and all.
Old 2006-03-15, 11:49   Link #5
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Very simple expectation: Mai will cook superb ramen.

Though I wonder how she gets the ingrediants, being in some hidden vally and all.
If a coral like Tomoe could generate a dinning table and full course meal out of thin air in the middle of a forest, a Meister-level Otome can certainly do better.
Old 2006-03-15, 12:09   Link #6
ranchan13

Episode 23 will be storyline movement, episode 24, Mai PWNS Nagi's entire army with her Ramen cooking skills, Episode 25 Nina kills Mai, Episode 26 Nina and Arika face off in the final Showdown, Sergei jumps in between as they both launch an attack and vaporizes into Green sparklies. Nina and Arika are so distraught that they team up and destroy the world.

Actually, dunno what'll happen, I am looking forward to Mai tohugh
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
Old 2006-03-15, 12:23   Link #7
philip72

I agree with Eclipze, hopefully we can look forward to some excellent food preparation in the next episode as our favorite chef is back. ("Ramen with Mai" could be a profitable OAV for Sunrise)

Also:
Natsuki and Fumi will be revealed to be the power behind Nagi, Miyu is Shizuru in excellent cosplay, Tomoe is the true princess and Sakomizu is Arika's mom.
Old 2006-03-15, 12:36   Link #8
Efreeta
Secret gardener

Hopes for this episode:
- To see which was the favour Chie asked Shiho before leaving for her mission;
- Some action in Garderobe;
- Sara/Sala and Maya, the two remaining Columns: when and where are they going to appear?
Old 2006-03-15, 13:03   Link #9
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13
Episode 23 will be storyline movement, episode 24, Mai PWNS Nagi's entire army with her Ramen cooking skills, Episode 25 Nina kills Mai, Episode 26 Nina and Arika face off in the final Showdown, Sergei jumps in between as they both launch an attack and vaporizes into Green sparklies. Nina and Arika are so distraught that they team up and destroy the world.

Actually, dunno what'll happen, I am looking forward to Mai tohugh

ermmm excuse me..? nina kills mai??!? everyone keeps banging the table for the arrival of mai, here's she gonna get her shot in this series at esp 23 ,after 3 esp she is pwns by nina?!?! lolz totally unacceptable situation.. and if anyone killed mai, i don care the person done for gd or bad...am just going to hate that person for my entire life..lolz..sry being too exaggerating
Old 2006-03-15, 13:52   Link #10
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
All I care about is 'Mai' showing up. Actually's it's funny and I wonder if anyone else noticed this. 'Mai' is the only one whose "meister" robe doesn't have a collar. Did anyone notice that? Almost all the "meister-otome" that have been asigned and not have neck collars, she doesn't. Maybe "ring-around-collar" but she's no one's property. Not really speculating but I just found that interesting as far as design goes. It's almost like she got transported to that world. Wonder if she's assigned to 'Mikoto'. I have to admit that shot is very odd. Cloaked in shadow wearing her meister robe, carrying a wok and a ladle. And as always that wonderful touch of her red scarf that is so out of place but only works on her. Hisayuki-san, what the hell were you thinking?

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."

Last edited by chrno; 2006-03-15 at 16:21.
Old 2006-03-15, 15:46   Link #11
Seska

/Rumours on

Mai will be Renas Sister and so Arikas aunt...

Dont forgett the nanomaschines keeps the owner young or at last slowing aging...

/Rumours off

Mfg,
Seska

Last edited by Seska; 2006-03-15 at 16:12.
Old 2006-03-15, 16:25   Link #12
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska
/Rumours on

Mai will be Renas Sister and so Arikas aunt...

Dont forgett the nanomaschines keeps the owner young or at last slowing aging...

/Rumours off

Mfg,
Seska
You know that's an interesting point you make. After all 'Midori's REM system pretty much has kept her alive all these years. But again she made it to 17. But I wonder if that's entirely true. But 'Miss Maria' is an old woman. If she's still has her nanomachines she would still be young as well.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
Old 2006-03-15, 16:39   Link #13
philip72

I forgot to say earlier;

Don't forget people, the preview promised us some delightful onsen action, which I for one am looking forward to.

I know twh didn't seem too happy over the prospect earlier, but I must refer him to the "Onsens in Anime Act" passed by the Diet in the fall session of 1999. After intense lobbying by the Japanese Onsen Association (NOA) and Ecchi Otaku's United (EOU), it was determined that all future anime series had to contain at least one onsen episode per season, with at least an inference of a "Grab from Behind Boob Check" (preferably Mai's).

One small loss for decent folk, one giant leap for fanservice (and me).
Old 2006-03-15, 16:57   Link #14
rale

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno
All I care about is 'Mai' showing up. Actually's it's funny and I wonder if anyone else noticed this. 'Mai' is the only one whose "meister" robe doesn't have a collar. Did anyone notice that? Almost all the "meister-otome" that have been asigned and not have neck collars, she doesn't. Maybe "ring-around-collar" but she's no one's property.
Have there actually been any shots of Mai with her robe activated and without her neck covered over with her red scarf? I can't remember seeing any.
Old 2006-03-15, 17:54   Link #15
Befgrek

So... How will Arika react to being visited by a God and a meister otome with cooking equipment?
  • "Who the **** are you!?
  • "Mai? What are you doing here?!"
  • GRANDMA???
  • Cook me some ramen!
Place your bets!
Old 2006-03-15, 17:59   Link #16
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Considering there was no specified years of how long Mai has been missing, the way Mai is playing with Mikoto in the previews, and that Sunrise loves to be cruel in teasing its audiences, for all we know:

1) Mai could be Mikoto's mother in this season.

and therefore

2) We won't get to see her in battle, dammit!!

Regardless, one of Mai's most appealing attributes in this franchise, battle abilities notwithstanding, is her warm-kind-and-loving maternal nature. Judging from the EP22 previews, 23 will be basically her "mothering" the injured warriors back to health.

But hey, this is not Mai Hime Destiny, so it will stay Arika-Chan's series. One whole episode with a dear old friend would be good enough anyway, I guess.

And Mai-Chan would make a terrific mother, would she not?
Old 2006-03-15, 18:08   Link #17
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Evidences of Arika-Chan's links to Mai-Chan

Thus far evidences supporting the possibility of:

1) Mai-Chan being Arika-Chan's Aunt and Mikoto's Mother.

or even

2) Mai-Chan being Arika-Chan's Mother.

Are

1)
Both Mai and Arika possess red hair.

2)
All people of this supposed line are warm, kind, caring, forgiving and loving.

3)
Both Mikoto and Arika are short, hyper-energetic, naive, cute, underdeveloped, kind hearted, and idealistic double braided girls at this age. Same (types of) mom(s) produce the same types of daughters, it seems.

Will try to procure more evidence as I accquire the ability to capture screens.
Old 2006-03-15, 18:16   Link #18
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Didn't Midori just speak metaphorically when she said she was 17?

Like when they say a dead person will remain the same age forever? In her mind, she "died" when she was 17, so 17 she remains, even if physically speaking, she still ages.
Old 2006-03-15, 18:23   Link #19
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila
And Mai-Chan would make a terrific mother, would she not?
Just getting to that point would be 87.4% of the fun, no?

I can see it now...Mai will become Arika's adopted mother...and with both Sergay and Mai having kids who will hiss at each other like feral alley cats if they come near each other, no hope of them getting together. And Natsuki will sigh with sympathy because of a certain Shizuru who latches on and hisses anytime Nao comes within range of Natsuki with a sharp implement in hand.
Old 2006-03-15, 18:25   Link #20
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35
Just getting to that point would be 87.4% of the fun, no?
Pray tell, sir, just what would be the other 12.6% of the fun be?
Closed Thread