AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-11-30, 16:56   Link #4541
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Well, i think we won't see that part of him for a while, until the stakes are against the heroes(be by the Huckebein or by the true villains of the story).

EDIT: Page claimed for Signum. The woman i hope manage to shut my mouth in the following chapters T-T

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 16:59   Link #4542
LostSome

Are we getting a full chapter this month ?

I`ll wait to see how human Lily is... Besides I like Isis better.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 17:06   Link #4543
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
Are we getting a full chapter this month ?

I`ll wait to see how human Lily is... Besides I like Isis better.
Apparently yes, we're get a full chapter.

I started to open more to Lily as she's progressively become a more active and assertive character without losing her gently and feminine traits. She's a more classic heroine in comparission with the group of amazoness we're accustomed to see. Her strenght comes not from her body but from her willpower. I also like Isis but i think i'll wait a bit more to see how her character develop.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-30, 17:17   Link #4544
LostSome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Apparently yes, we're get a full chapter.

I started to open more to Lily as she's progressively become a more active and assertive character without losing her gently and feminine traits. She's a more classic heroine in comparission with the group of amazoness we're accustomed to see. Her strenght comes not from her body but from her willpower. I also like Isis but i think i'll wait a bit more to see how her character develop.
Yeah !

Well... What happen to her the last chapters almost put her in the "comic" character.
Can`t say I`m a fan of that.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 17:27   Link #4545
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
Yeah !

Well... What happen to her the last chapters almost put her in the "comic" character.
Can`t say I`m a fan of that.
Normally i would enjoy the comedy but Force have a severe case of Mood Whiplash, they think a goofy face or a little moment of sillinyess will be enough to make us forget about all the sadistic ordeal our heroes are suffering. Normally that's not a bad idea but force usually do that without any segway or set up whatsoever so at least i'm mostly unable to enjoy the "joke" of the moment.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-30, 19:10   Link #4546
Justin_Brett

Quote:
Well, i think we won't see that part of him for a while, until the stakes are against the heroes(be by the Huckebein or by the true villains of the story).
I hope it happens sooner. Stuff a character did once or twice becoming their whole personality is always a danger with fans. Especially in this series.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 19:17   Link #4547
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Well, one possibility is that Curren starts teasing him in order to lure him to the Dark Side, after all, Curren reasures her family that Tohma will definetly be one of them. I guess there will be a moment in the season when Tohma temporary be part of the Hucks.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-01, 02:47   Link #4548
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Yup, but we see developement with most of the other cast when they're joined the heroes. Everyone loved Fate after a long introduction period aided by Nanoha. The Wolkenritter first clashed weapons with the girls before bonding with them, Hayate bonds with Suzuka first and then meets with Nanoha and Fate but only became best friends AFTER the Book of Darkness incident. The forwards get a somewhat free pass for being kids and the old cast being caring mentors to them(and even then they only bond with Nanoha and Fate at first, their relationship with other memeber of the cast is more military professional until latter chapters). Not all the numbers were instantly liked by the heroes and they go rehab before bonding with most of them(the first being Ginga).

I accept Tsuzuki attempted to give some background-ish flashbacks about Subaru and Tohma bu that didn't cover up for the fact that when he finally meet with the good guys everyone is like "hey, it's Tohma! Remeber Tohma? He's our best friend in the world! let's hug him!", compared with the other more developed relationships this feels kinds like out nowhere. It's not terribly jarring, i still think Tohma is an ok character, but is still a bit unsettling.
That's why in de facto, he was accepted by Nanoha and friends, even the author and illustrator themselves. But in de jure or fandom, he's labeled with "Persona Non Grata" status, including the Huckebeins.
Old 2011-12-01, 08:15   Link #4549
malekith

about thoma being accepted so easily in the franchise/family from what i remember subaru found thoma 2 years b4 force around the vivid time period so theres a possibilty he might make an appearance later in that manga and tsuzuki is having vivio appear in force as an excuse to let that happen without to much backlash from the fans well it might not happen but it did come to mind

Last edited by malekith; 2011-12-01 at 08:20. Reason: wrote strikers accidently instead of force
malekith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 09:16   Link #4550
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
Received easily by Nanoha and co, it's easy. However, to get recognition by fandom, it's hard. Given the label of "Persona Non Grata" has been glued to him. Acquainted with Nanoha and the others never been done, especially invited to sharing painful backstory together with returning characters, like Subaru.

And indeed, in Chapter 17, he was talking about Vivio. And indeed, in Chapter 17, he was talking about Vivio. How could he possibly know Nanoha and friends, whereas he himself had never met before.
Old 2011-12-01, 09:34   Link #4551
Kuze

The thing is, it's been seven years since Touma and Subaru met.

Subaru. She's not Scott Summers about people who she considers to be family. People end up learning who they are.

And besides, who has been doing any kind of real bonding with Touma? The rehab numbers, the Nakajimas, Teana, Erio, Caro, the woman from the orphanage and the kids there, Lily and Isis.

Nanoha? She wanted to save him. Well oh my gosh, that's what she does with everyone who needs it as a matter of fact, no one was complaining about how everybody was all of sudden loving Subaru at the airport.

Fate sat down, and asked him questions as a Enforcer, not as the motherly "I understand pain" figure that she was with Erio.

Hayate by all accounts hasn't even had any kind of casual conversation with him. It's questionable whether or not the rest of the Wolfram crew knows what's his vocal range.

I have no interest in starting up a confrontation over whether it's over reaching that Vivio knows Touma, or Touma knows Vivio.

Shamal hadn't met him. Signum hadn't met him. Zafira, Agito, Rein Zwei and Vita, likewise. In fact, a hell of a lot of people wouldn't know him or of him had he not met with Lily.

And in the end, this is the series where people tend to be very open about their close acquaintances. It's not the greatest writing ever, but it is in line with what goes on in series. The only real difference between him and Einhart is that the first meeting with Nanoha and Hayate and absolutely everybody else happened on screen. And frankly, most of those were pretty dull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Hurricane
How could he possibly know Nanoha and friends, whereas he himself had never met before.
End of chapter 4. He had met Nanoha before.
Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 10:29   Link #4552
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Yeah, pretty much that. He knows Subaru, and by extension her whole social network. Any he did not meet directy they would know he is "Subaru's little brother" and treat him nicely. Why wouldn't they?
Old 2011-12-01, 11:26   Link #4553
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuze View Post
Shamal hadn't met him. Signum hadn't met him. Zafira, Agito, Rein Zwei and Vita, likewise. In fact, a hell of a lot of people wouldn't know him or of him had he not met with Lily.
Uhmmm... he already meet Shamal and she was pretty nice to him, Signum and Agito also meet him but didn't have time to socialize with him beacouse of ummm... "some other reasons" that keeped them busy xDU. Hayate is already nice to him even when not faced him yet(talk with Teana and Wendy). Vita is so far the only one vocal about her distrust of the kid and i wonder if Signum will follow her opinion about Tohma which is doubtful since she trust the kid enough to put her life in his hands during a sparring match, so i think Signum already softened to him somewhat(understandable, he's the kid she failed to save after all. So i guess she feels the need of compensate him in some manner).

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2011-12-01 at 15:26.
Old 2011-12-01, 13:35   Link #4554
Justin_Brett

Vita's opinion basically got veto'd, so it probably won't matter either way.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 15:29   Link #4555
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
People are so forgiving of him, he did kill a bunch of the main characters for a second. Putting their science aside, one heart attack does raise the risk greatly for another in our science. :3

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 15:33   Link #4556
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
If your definition of death is cardiac death, then yeah But if you go by brain death he didn't kill anyone!
Old 2011-12-01, 15:47   Link #4557
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Vita's opinion basically got veto'd, so it probably won't matter either way.
Well, yeah, it's hard to argue against the White Devil...

Vita: I think we shoul be carefull with that kid, he looks suspicious added to the fact the we don't know how unstable his powers are.

Nanoha: But Tohma is a good kid, don't you think, Vita?

Vita: Well, yeah, but i still think we shoul-

Nanoha: But tohma is a "good kid", don't you think, Viiita?

Vita: *gulp* ehh... yeah, sure, he seems like a good kid

Nanoha: fine ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
People are so forgiving of him, he did kill a bunch of the main characters for a second. Putting their science aside, one heart attack does raise the risk greatly for another in our science. :3
Which is why i'm gratefull with Vita's healthy scepticism about the kid. It's amusing to see how a former hothead like her is now one of the more level-headed characters of the cast. How mature you have become Vita-chan xD!

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-01, 15:51   Link #4558
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The Nanoha cast is filled with people who nearly killed the entire planet before. The Wolkenritter actually have on countless occasions. What Thoma did is rather mild by comparison.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 15:59   Link #4559
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
The Nanoha cast is filled with people who nearly killed the entire planet before. The Wolkenritter actually have on countless occasions. What Thoma did is rather mild by comparison.
In comparission with the Wolkenritter exlcusively. If anything, they should be the ones more open to forgive and symphasize with him. Instead, Nanoha and her crew seems to be the forgiving ones with only Shamal, Hayate and Rein openly showing support for the kid while Vita is being cautious of him, Signum is reserving her opinion so far and Zafira is nowhere to be seen xDU.

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2011-12-01 at 16:31.
Old 2011-12-01, 16:01   Link #4560
Kuze

Tense, tense Aki! I said that she hadn't, not that she hasn't. As far as the Wolkenritter go, we have seen them actually meet Touma for the first time, on panel. Except for Zafira. Who is, I don't know, being walked by Hayate so that he can take his bathroom breaks? Out in public?

....in human form, oh god, why did I even read that doujin. I like your work Jouji Manabe, but you go crazy sometimes.

But in either case, Signum isn't going to know anything about Touma unless, you know, takes her chances. Which is how these things work.

I'm waiting to see if the new trio are actually being told they are sooooo amazing in training, and have been already certified combat ready, or not because no jumping overboard yet, and molehills, mountains, et cetera.
Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga, nanoha force