AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-04, 23:12   Link #961
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Only 70? Wait until you've hit the 200 mark. It's just absurd.
Old 2013-06-04, 23:24   Link #962
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ ha ha ha haha...yeah. only @ 70 and it's already driving me nuts. 200 would probably
makes me explode a mountain....LOL. oh god, how this game just trolling people. :P

my little bro. and I ran a lot of LOT each days (20 MES a day...maybe) and only to
FAIL super hard as if we didn't made any profit by FAILING each and everyone of
those MES, but at least I gotten my abyss glove to +10.

well anyways, our effort today trying to masterwork that armor turns into a total FAILURE.
i'll come back again to masterwork this armor. I want to see how many more FAILS
before this armor decide to masterwork. also, my sanity is probably going to
falls apart as I continue down this dark path of MASTERWORKING (rng)! *cheers*

"the force (rng) is strong in this ONE!"

EDIT: also, if I go crazy, that's because Tera is destroying my brain cells. nya ha haa!

picture of my skimpy high elf berserker, Zyxenfryz. she's wearing plate armor...I think.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Xefi; 2013-06-05 at 00:29.
Xefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 13:56   Link #963
Sagitta Luminis
Yousoro~

Recently picked this game up and I enjoy it so far.
Old 2015-04-04, 15:56   Link #964
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

I picked it up again as well. Some of my guildmates from AA decided to transfer over so I thought I'd come back and see what's new.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 20:29   Link #965
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

I've been playing this game quite a long time...lol. mostly just casual farming stuffs
from dungeons. I don't like to deal with random people and mechanics, so I'm just running
around doing other stuffs to make money. been doing a lot of Kelsick (?) Nest (forgot how to spell his name)
for fashion coupons. I finally gotten my zerk & mystic their costumes. took me about a month.

i gotten like 11 characters to level 65 (max level). the most recent i gotten to 65 was my sorcerer,
another reaper, and slayer.
ha ha...i guess I've spent too much time in this game. seriously, 11 max out characters.
two of them are zerkers and 2 reapers and 3 accounts. 1 main account, 1 alternate for
DPS, and 1 for priest (for buffing and picking up weeds only).

I'm quite anti-social online, so i don't even do group dungeons and such. just running
around doing my dailies and solo stuffs. if possible i use 2 accounts to fight some BAMs.
don't even know why I'm still playing this game. MMO are suppose to be play with others.
but me? just doing stuffs solo. I'm on Tempest Reach NA server. if anyone wants to do some
causal shit, i can hang out and play around...i guess. i can't handle those mechanic
stuffs or dealing with random strangers. just finish grinding for those coupons, so I'm tire
and bore. I'm gonna go play some Dirt 3 and maybe get back to this game again for
the new Gunner class coming out Spring...so maybe in a month or 2. ha ha...gunner, right?
then that'll be my 12th max out character. oh boy. -____-;

Zyx - lv.65 Berserker
Images
Poison Pills - lv. 65 mystic
Images
Old 2015-04-05, 03:46   Link #966
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I've been half on half off playing this again. On my lvl 35 Mystic. Want to try a group, but I'd probably get everyone killed, lol.
Old 2015-04-07, 15:21   Link #967
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ good luck leveling the mystic. if you're soloing, then it'll take quite a long time to 60.
is mystic you're only class? i heard mystics are getting shafted and people not accepting them
in party in end game dungeons right now. Priest gets pick and mystic gets the dump. the only
thing my mystic is good for is doing Kelsik Nest. She can down Kelsik in less than 15 sec. with thrall of wrath. in which
my berserker can do in 2 min- 3 min. heck, even with a full party of 5, the mystic thrall of wrath is
still quicker than them combine...lol. they'll probably removed wrath soon from KN and then my mystic will be
completely useless for me except just running around like a bot aura little bitch.
-------------------------------------

i mostly main berserker & lancer class, but recently, i tried out my newly level 65 slayer. and
holy wow, i'm starting to like playing a slayer again.
she does so much crits even though she's still in her idoneal gears. that new added skill eviscerate totally
rocks and made the rotations even more awesome when glyph with more power for measure strike
and overhand strike. i'm loving the slayer class so much right now and their crazy crits.
i'm thinking of making my slayer my main now and try to get her some discovery gears later.

i'm having trouble trying to find a unique costume for my female human slayer. most of the
costumes look rather lame. i'm thinking of buying a race change voucher from the broker
to change her race in castanic. not high elf (got 3 of them), and not elin (gotten like 6 or 8 of them?)
i think castanic female have better looking costumes as a slayer. ^ ^
Old 2015-04-07, 20:41   Link #968
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

That makes me kinda sad, might explain why that guy was staring at me the other day while I was plodding away killing things. I have other characters buy they're only like level 4-6. I was half thinking of leveling it and just making one of those Reapers. But I could switch to a sorcerer or priest I guess.
Old 2015-04-07, 21:09   Link #969
Xacual

I actually tried the game out like a few months back and got up to 41? I think on an Elin Berserker. Had a lot of fun with it but I really wasn't sure what I was doing and I couldn't really find any groups it felt like so I was just soloing my way through quests and BAMs.

I think I stopped right after I saved up like 15k to buy a costume, what a waste but I wasn't really playing it that much and I needed the HD space back.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 22:26   Link #970
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ yeah, it does get very boring if you're leveling by yourself in this game. i'm not much
of a socializing person online in these type of game. so i don't fine myself finding group to
do stuffs. i usually play with my little bro. when we were leveling. it went by really quicker and less boring.
if you join a friendly guild, they can help you out on leveling. the end-game contents are decent.
some dungeons are hard and needed to look up video before attempting. it's still better
if you join a guild though. they can at least teach you how to do the dungeons. don't bother
with random people, they'll just fail the dungeon mostly and you'll find yourself in a foul
mood afterward...well if you ever pick this game up again and on Tempest Reach server, I can help out
if you needed to do some helping. i don't know...like leveling and stuff?
i'm probably going to start all over again when the gunner class comes out. start back at level one.
going to be leveling her up to 65 with little bro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
That makes me kinda sad, might explain why that guy was staring at me the other day while I was plodding away killing things. I have other characters buy they're only like level 4-6. I was half thinking of leveling it and just making one of those Reapers. But I could switch to a sorcerer or priest I guess.
i believe you'll need one character to 40 or something before you can make a reaper. Reaper
is pretty easy to play as. they are good at area damage and easy moving around fighting BAM.
i guess the good thing about Reaper is that you get to get to end game faster since you start @ level 50..lol. and Reaper
going to be buff even more later down the line. (as if they needed more buffs...holy).

i don't recommend Sorcerer. they're kind of weak and you'll need to be really good and quick
at your keyboard if you want to do decent damage with them. they die pretty quickly...i don't
know, i didn't like playing as Sorcerer much. you'll have to remember a lot of rotations
and good at dodging shit from bosses or you're toast. when the gunner class comes out later
in about a month or 2, it'll make Sorcerer and Archer a shitty classes....lol. i mean both archer
and sorcerer are still pretty meh even after the buffs. but if you like the challenge and have quick
reflexes, you might like Sorcerer...ha ha. but don't expect much damage from them. Berserker and Slayer
can do a mountain of damage and they're both pretty easy to play as. SLayer is more fun
since you can dodge and hit pretty hard with criticals often.

if you like party play, Priest is very good. but you know, they're only for healing & buffing.
if you solo as a priest to level up, you're going to be in a world of boredom. Priest are the
worst class to level up....lol. you might have to have someone come along with you.
someone like a slayer or berserker...lancer is fine too, but lancer not as strong. heck,
i think leveling a mystic is more fun than leveling a priest, it's just that bad leveling a priest...lol.
Sorcerer Vault of Seas
"good sorcerer player"
YouTube
65 slayer murdering Shandra Manaya
-she's use to be the hardest boss and now she's just another victim- XD
Images

Last edited by Xefi; 2015-04-07 at 23:03.
Old 2015-04-08, 00:38   Link #971
dragon1412

been along time since i last saw this name, i remember dropping when the new PVP content with Kuma came out and around that time i got stuck with Blade and soul Cn as well. To be honest, one of the thing i hate about Tera is it's enchanting system, everysingle things revolved around it, i remember burning around 50k gold just to get my warrior sword up to +9( the correction was around 9 %).

I don't know much about reaper since i stop before she came out, but back in the day, the most popular is Berserker and then following with Slayer + crit build, Sorc is heavily depend on player skill and is much more effective in PVP compare to PVE.

I'm thinking about going back, but anyone can tell me about the current status?? the last time before i drop, i remember the server were pretty empty.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-08, 01:12   Link #972
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ yeah, i remember those days of enchanting my regent gears. they were horrible to +12
and masterworked. enchanting system right now? it's a bit better, but RNG is still RNG, if your
luck suck, you'll be wasting a lot of gold and time again.

they also have the +15 awakened gears now. those are reserve for the RICH...seriously,
i'll just stick with +12ing the Discovery gears and i'm good to go. +15 is overkill and a waste
of time right now cause Vision Maker 5 is coming out soon (4-5months...around there).
VM 5 will be even better than the +15 VM 4 right now.

gears progression is as follow right now: Idoneal (you get these when you get to level 65), Ambit, Discovery, and Generation. You
can only awakened Generation & Renegade (pvp) to do the +15. and +15 cost a lot of feedstocks (use as fodders, no more enchanting with armors & weapons piece).
you can get feedstocks by doing the new area Vanguard missions. they reward you with tier 5 feedstock.
you can use that to convert to tier 6 feedstock (tier 6 is Discovery & Generation gears).
6 tier 5 feedstock convert into 1 tier 6 feedstock. you get the idea. and you'll be needing about 20k-40k tier 6 feedstocks depending on the RNG to +15 your gear...lol. have fun with that. -_-;
the going rate right now for 1 tier 6 is 24g x that with 20K+ and all you get is a huge amount of GOLD going down the drain. ha ha.

as for Kuma? i still see people complaining about it. Like how the Kuma are just forcing a draw so
that the Federation can't win. and recently i just heard them finding a new way to abuse
with the Priest's leash. where the Priest can pull over some DPS over from a cliff or something...lol.
so yeah, Kuma have lots of complaining and still haven't been fix. heard rumor that Ktera
will just removed Kuma altogether...

for the server, there's still some people at the end-game areas. they just hanging out doing
nothing, i guess. while the other doing Dead Spire (new dungeon just came out with 20 floors).
i think more people will return when the gunner class comes out to give it a try and even
more dungeons coming out. the communities are still assholes at end-game dungeons.
so it's best you join a guild and do with them instead. PUG will be asking something like
you have to have +12 discovery or they won't accept you. needing +12 discovery to do a dungeon that drop discovery? what the hell, man? *facepalm*

and to end this, Berserker and Slayer still the top dogs in DPS. Reaper will get more buff
later as well. so who knows, Reaper will probably join in with the Zerk and Slay. haven't
seen the gunner in action, so i can't really tell how they are like, but people are saying
the gunner will make archer and sorcerer useless. we'll see.
and i'm interested to play a gunner anyways. pew pew pew...

Code of the Siren
"cool & shiny +15 weapons"
YouTube
Old 2015-04-08, 07:14   Link #973
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^ Why I'm never playing this game again. XD
Old 2015-04-08, 11:46   Link #974
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

well yeah, the enchanting process still suck. even more suck if you wanna +15 them.
the best i'll get for the gears are just +12ing the Discovery gears on my zerkers and slayer and that's it.

i'm still having a blast with the combat system though. playing as a slayer is really fun. doing
the dungeons solo for challenge and duoing the 3 man dungeon (channel work, hoping for Discovery weapon to drop)
is also fun.

Butthole Studio (bluehole :P) made a lot of changes to the economy in Tera lately. and most
of them are not for the good, but whatever. Masterwork alkahest price have drop from 88 gold
down to 34 gold each now because you can get
them from Vanguard Daily by buying of their vendor for 200 credits, 16 master alkahest in one box.
also, Master Enigmatic Scroll have drop in prices like MAD. it was 300 gold each back then,
and now it's only a measly 35 gold...ha ha. what the fuck, man?! they invented the
new MES by giving you a 100% masterworked items. all you have to do is spend real money
or buy on broker for 10,000k gold. they also removed MES from drop, so you can't even get it anymore, bogus. >_>;

oh well, i'm still enjoying the game though. i don't really need the best gears in the game.
all you need is +12 discovery and you can pretty much do ANY dungeons in the game
if you join a guild. playing with random people will only result in failing and kicking.
with all that says and done, the game is free, so no lost in what so ever in playing but
wasting your time and life...lol. the combat system is still the best thing out there.
it's very satisfying to kick some Shandra's ass with my slayer or zerker. ^_____^

EDIT:
forgot to mention that you can buy the +15 gears on the broker from other players if you can't grind
for the gears or do the hardest dungeons in the game. i believe one of zerker weapon is on sales on
the broker for $650,000 gold...ha ha. have fun grinding for that amount to buy it off the broker.
i'm only making like 1k gold each day if i bother playing that day, so i don't have much gold to spend
on those gears. of course, why bother buying those
$650k +15 right now? they're coming out the better version of them later and much easier
to get as well (but still very hard to get for casual players).

Last edited by Xefi; 2015-04-08 at 12:00.
Old 2015-04-08, 14:08   Link #975
Thany
Unfair

The Elins are nice, but really what bothered me was that the game is very gear-based. Especially when bosses will auto-wipe you if you take too long to kill it.
Old 2015-04-09, 22:40   Link #976
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Sky Cruiser Hard Mode - 2 man run
"pretty bad ass warrior gameplay"
YouTube
comments: I haven't play a warrior before, and I kind of don't feel like leveling one
to 65...lol. maybe one of these days, i'll try out the warrior. I played all the other classes already
except gunner since she's not out yet in NA.
Old 2015-04-13, 00:54   Link #977
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

got bore, so I leveled up another reaper...ha ha. she's level 61 right now. leveling from 58-60
is a pain in the ass like always. from 61-65, is easy and fast. also, I'm just testing out to see
how much golds I make by leveling to 65 with reaper and then delete the character.

so much people complaining with the +15 awakened gears. some dood spent 400k gold and
still haven't +15...to insult him further the weapon went back to +12...lol. might as well just
buy it off the broker for 380k if it's still there. I gave up on enchanting or obtaining Discovery
gears. it just too expensive and time consuming. I sold off my 3100 something tier 6
feed stocks the other day for 75k, not bad at all. I guess i'll just do dailies and sell
the tier 6 feed stocks for profit or something and wait for Discovery gears and feed stock price to drop.

full set +12 discovery gears right now cause about 500k (+12 weapon, armor, glove and boot).
that's if I don't want to deal with enchanting and failing. I calculated that I can only make
around 89k-100k for a month if I cramp in my free time (not much either). so...5 months for the whole set
for only one character? shit! I might as well just stick with Idoneal gears forever. ha ha.

well anyways, I hope Butthole studio do something about the feed stock tier 6 price. it's
stupidly too expensive to enchant anything.
Spoiler:
Old 2015-04-14, 04:24   Link #978
dragon1412

depend, the RNG rate coming from the engine was calculated back in my day for item drop directly from the game coding (yes, there are people who do that) was only around 0.31% for the regent weapon back when she 1st came out, so i'd say 1% is a rather decent rate.

The entire game is revolved around gears, and to add insult to the pain, they have the item level to set the gear competition even heavier, and due to the requirement, i doubt any one actually care that much about crafting
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 11:05   Link #979
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ lol...they're going to release a new set of gears from KTera. they're like Idoneal 2, Ambit 2, and Discovery 2.
source: http://zephya.wix.com/update10#!other-gear/c1q0j

comments: so in other words, i don't even have to go for discovery at all and just save up some gold
until these sets hit NA..ha ha. they also mention these will be easier to obtain and stronger. also,
the site contains some nice end-game detail on how to do the dungeons and what drops from them.

--------------------------------------------------

so my reaper progress so far. gotten her to level 63. i'll probably get her to level 65 by
Wednesday hopefully. so far i'm making 10k gold just from the questing and
gold drops. i think i'll end up with about 4500 vanguard credit by the time i hit 65.
i'll spend those credit and buy some Crits Vysk (1200 gold on broker) and Niveot (800 gold) crystals.
i'm estimating that i'll be making about 30k (if i sold the crystals) by the time i hit 65.
if i don't sell the crystals, then 22k. that's not bad...or i can't just do those boring dailies for gold...

i don't mind leveling from 60-65. the reaper class is pretty strong to take on crowd of enemies easily and fun to play.
but from leveling 58-60, it's so boring that i fell asleep during the trip. i don't like leveling in Path Finder place or it's
questing. either way, when hit 60, i'm just rushing thru the story and hitting 65 really quick. ^ ^
Old 2015-04-15, 17:52   Link #980
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

It's a Double XP weekend in Tera
source: http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forum...eekend-in-TERA
Quote:
Starting Friday, April 17 at 12:01 a.m. PDT and continuing until 11:59 p.m. PDT on Monday, April 20, you will earn twice the experience points for all of your monster kills!

Better yet, this double XP stacks with your other XP boosts! During the event, you’ll receive double the base XP for each monster you kill—including monsters you kill in dungeons—plus additional XP from whatever XP boosts you have active!

There’s no time to waste! This double XP event will be over before you know it!
comments: if any of you guys have any lowbie characters, now is the best time to level
them up. if you have elite, the 100% xp bonus will stack as well. i'm thinking of leveling
a warrior now with this event coming this friday.