Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-05, 06:08   Link #1041
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelotus
Spoiler:
This is so...manichaen No offense, of course.
Anyway, Diva has the power of motherhood now! She could crush Saya while changing diapers .
Old 2006-09-05, 06:24   Link #1042
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Man why aren't there any spoiler for the alst few eps I hate being in the dark even though it is more enjoyable to watch if you don't know what'll happen.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 13:22   Link #1043
kauldron26
Med Student

im sick and tired about people bitching for the longest time about how weak Saya is. Everyone is expecting a Goku/Ichigo/Naruto type character. Personally i love that fact that saya struggles, and doesnt just get super strong from nowhere and for no reason, (unlike the characters above), her character shows a vulnerability that is complex yet relatable. One doesnt always have to be stronger than their opponent to make a great character. Great characters are achieved not by their strength but by their choices. Ichigo, Goku and Naruto all have something in common, not only are they ridiculously simple and childish, they are also dumb as hell. Saya, has been around for centuries, and does not even understand her existence, and then when she learns about her existence, it turns out that she is inherently evil, but refuses to accept or indulge in her dark side. yet, people expect her to be supergirl who can defeat anything. Im glad her character is avoiding the overused and overdone cliche were the bad guy kicks the good guy's ass over and over, and then suddenly the good guy becomes invincible and invulnerable. ~sigh~

Damn, i love this show...
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 14:09   Link #1044
kari-no-sugata

I don't mind Saya being "weak" per se... What I dislike is that she rarely does much about it - she kinda comes across as over-confident as a result. This is despite being so set on wanting to end everything.

The end result of that is the feeling that she'll somehow fluke a victory in the end, which isn't so nice.
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 14:46   Link #1045
v1cious

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron26
im sick and tired about people bitching for the longest time about how weak Saya is. Everyone is expecting a Goku/Ichigo/Naruto type character. Personally i love that fact that saya struggles, and doesnt just get super strong from nowhere and for no reason, (unlike the characters above), her character shows a vulnerability that is complex yet relatable. One doesnt always have to be stronger than their opponent to make a great character. Great characters are achieved not by their strength but by their choices. Ichigo, Goku and Naruto all have something in common, not only are they ridiculously simple and childish, they are also dumb as hell. Saya, has been around for centuries, and does not even understand her existence, and then when she learns about her existence, it turns out that she is inherently evil, but refuses to accept or indulge in her dark side. yet, people expect her to be supergirl who can defeat anything. Im glad her character is avoiding the overused and overdone cliche were the bad guy kicks the good guy's ass over and over, and then suddenly the good guy becomes invincible and invulnerable. ~sigh~

Damn, i love this show...
i don't see your point. in the past we've seen her kill with no problem at all. dumbing it down? have you even seen movie? THAT WAS THE WHOLE APPEAL!. i know what your saying, but there's a fine line between Vampire killing machine, and just plain useless. i mean come on, i thought this crap ended with episode 32.

i'd say she needs to get out of this crybaby phase, but it's far too close to the end for redemption.
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 15:48   Link #1046
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

And she's not even 200 years old and she's been asleep fro the better part of her life so she hasn't been around all that long.

Old 2006-09-05, 20:08   Link #1047
rondo

Yeah, I get the whole idea that Saya is fighting against rivals who are bigger, stronger, and far greater than her but Saya is completely underqualified and does absolutely nothing about it.
Ex: James's armor. She can't put a dent on his skin with that puny sword yet that's the first and only thing she ever tries. And that's the only thing Saya can ever do. Swing some sword. There's nothing else Saya has. Smarts and Experience, none of that.
It doesn't even strike her that her incredible ability to doubt herself not only put her family in danger but also that Saya was just too weak to protect Riku. Then Saya because some emo-b!tch for a few episodes and still pretty much fights and acts the same afterwards.
Saya doesn't even take care of herself after episode 32. Didn't she learn anything from episode 24 about her biology??? Starving herself doesn't make things better.
Why does Hagi even let Saya starve herself anyway? The whole Hagi Slave-Chevalier & Eternal Enabler thing is so stupid.
I hate the direction the series took Saya.
rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 23:13   Link #1048
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

Quote:
Im glad her character is avoiding the overused and overdone cliche were the bad guy kicks the good guy's ass over and over, and then suddenly the good guy becomes invincible and invulnerable. ~sigh~
But, isn't it what is going to happen?
I mean, she almost lost all her "fights" against the real "bad guys" until then, still, she has to beat Diva, and it will probably come from a huge power-up.
Old 2006-09-06, 05:03   Link #1049
bluelotus
TuxRacer :D

Quote:
im sick and tired about people bitching for the longest time about how weak Saya is. Everyone is expecting a Goku/Ichigo/Naruto type character...... Im glad her character is avoiding the overused and overdone cliche were the bad guy kicks the good guy's ass over and over, and then suddenly the good guy becomes invincible and invulnerable. ~sigh~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurys
But, isn't it what is going to happen?
I mean, she almost lost all her "fights" against the real "bad guys" until then, still, she has to beat Diva, and it will probably come from a huge power-up.
@kauldron26
I don't know if you'd ment me with 'people bitching'. Well - I wasn't bitching about Saya. If you didn't noticed: she's my favourite character in that show - and that includes her weakness and her struggle with her existance. It makes her real and believable so I can identify with her. And unlike some other poster here I don't think the plot became lame because the lack of action and the amount of drama. I like drama - it's the reason why I love this show.
What I was doing was speculating how it would turn out in the end with only three episodes left. And since it's very unlikely that they simply let Saya fall asleep doing nothing I was thinking about how they'll do the power-up for Saya... and they must do a power-up so Saya can defeat Diva. I mean it's the driving plot point of the WHOLE series!
And yes - I would like SOME action. But more importantly I want to have an emotional and therefore dramatical anchor. How Eurys said: they're building up the 'phoenix-from-the-ashes' theme. That's good. It has to be. I only hope they don't screw it up.

AND I hope they had enough money left for a power-up animation-wise to make the finale look better than the previous few episodes. Because that was the weakest point of Blood+: the animation quality often wasn't exactly what I normally expect from Production I.G.
bluelotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-06, 14:16   Link #1050
lommm
l'homme de lommm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelotus
AND I hope they had enough money left for a power-up animation-wise to make the finale look better than the previous few episodes. Because that was the weakest point of Blood+: the animation quality often wasn't exactly what I normally expect from Production I.G.
I think all the best animators at IG have been busy with Chevalier D'Eon (which is ridiculously full of super high quality animation) and the GITS SAC SSS movie (which was also ridiculous...)
but I agree, I hope they get some money to make a super HQ ending battle...

my only fear with the upcoming ending is something like this: Amschel, Nathan, Diva and the babies all live... and then they plan on making movies, OVAs, or even another season sometime down the road... that would just piss me off beyond all belief... i wanna see some asskickin'! and i want to see saya doing it!

along with my actual Saya berserker theory, i believe that Haji and Nathan will fight a big fight, and Haji will probably kick Nathan's ass.
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-06, 14:32   Link #1051
mycen

It seems to me that the quality of animation and story telling is pretty much lacking towards the end of this series. The story-lines are becoming increasily one dimensional and the characters in this series hardly evolve, if any at all.
Perhaps IG production do not have much experience is creating longer anime series and by the middle of this series they have begun to loose focus. Perhaps, they are allocating more resouces to Chevailer D`on.
I am only watching to see how this series ends. It is kind of disappointing (for me) as this series had some potential early on ...
mycen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-06, 17:15   Link #1052
vikkineko

Didn't they say something about Studio/Production IG playing it by ear? Could that be why it's going in the direction it's going. Putting it in installments?
vikkineko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 00:39   Link #1053
Edetto

Well, about Saya's childishness, I tend to agree but when you consider how she was raised and how long she's actually had contact with human's and an actual family it's not very surprising.

-Grew up with an old man who wished to study her as a father for fifty years.
-First friend was a 12 year old boy at which point she had the maturity of a spoiled preteen girl.
-After her first hibernation has only had 6-12 years of activity travelling with Hagi and hunting Chiroptera.

All in all, that's not much time she's actually free to develop any real social or relationship skills. I think they've done fairly well showing her struggle. I mean, atleast the series doesn't dedicate hours upon hours upon hours of angst ridden teens emoting over the meaning of their existence. We can find that in any old anime. In any episode where she is struggling to cope with her emotions there is usually half a dozen other events taking place. It is really a very small part of the whole series when you consider how many characters they have been developing.

Quote:
It seems to me that the quality of animation and story telling is pretty much lacking towards the end of this series. The story-lines are becoming increasily one dimensional and the characters in this series hardly evolve, if any at all.
Perhaps IG production do not have much experience is creating longer anime series and by the middle of this series they have begun to loose focus. Perhaps, they are allocating more resouces to Chevailer D`on.
I am only watching to see how this series ends. It is kind of disappointing (for me) as this series had some potential early on ...
I agree here as well, it seems that the writing took a big hit during that one year jump. Since then things have become very predictable and linear. While I don't mind it, I enjoy the characters, I was really hoping for the plot twists and unpredictability the first 25-30 episodes brought.
Edetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 17:47   Link #1054
TEKO425

Spoiler for Ep 48 official screenshot:
TEKO425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 01:13   Link #1055
songus

whats gonna happen?

Got a question... what happened on the boat back in ep 32? did they ever told us? cause being saya as weak as she is, and hagi holding back his chiropteran powers how did they escape? how come none of them got killed? what happened in the whole year? dont remember seeing all that explained...

After all this emotional crap being trown at us since ep 33.. they better come up with a very good ass kickin in the last episodes!!!

Im really dissapointed, after ep 32 i was like... OMFG this is the best show ever... but then they failed to continue the good story, i bet for the saya bereker option for the ending, i like hagi's character but i think he needs to get killed so the story wont get untolerably corny, i also think the reporter might have a chance with Mao... they've been together for a long time after all.

Saya.... i think after all the fights and everything she doesn't deserve to win the battle herself, Diva needs to get beaten up but by some kind of weakness found in the last battle so they can "all together" kill her... come on she beated up solomon... whats saya chance????
songus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 08:53   Link #1056
Izzile

Spoiler for episode 48:
Izzile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 09:46   Link #1057
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzile
Spoiler for episode 48:
Yeah, the part with Nathan was funny. Blood+ ep. 48 summary and pics. Things are looking pretty dark for mankind....
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 12:17   Link #1058
ShellyKukai

Wouldn't it be awesome of Solomon swooped in to save the day...

This episode was exciting but it was just an intro. I suppose the real action is coming in episode 49. But what are we to expect? Saya is in no shape to take on Nathan and Diva, is she? It's likely she will just fall asleep on the spot. So in short, I don't know what to expect and I have no idea how so many lose ends will be wrapped up but this is going to be the longest week ever.
ShellyKukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 13:57   Link #1059
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

It's even worse for me cause i have my last exam for this year on Thursday and i must pass to get into the 3rd year at my uni. Then there's all the webcomics that have all got to be very interesting right now so i can't even study properly

Old 2006-09-09, 15:26   Link #1060
v1cious

FINALLY! things are actually starting to get good. at this point i see it as too little too late, but it was a great episode. i'm curious how they're gonna end this.
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, supernatural