AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-17, 05:39   Link #25101
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Why not? If she can make level 5s out of level 0s, and the reverse, why not a level 6?
Because she simply can't handle something that's far beyond her ... eg : Kakine back in Battle Royale. Even as a level 5 I doubt she could handle something on the same scale as Angelerator.
Old 2013-04-17, 05:58   Link #25102
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Because she simply can't handle something that's far beyond her ... eg : Kakine back in Battle Royale. Even as a level 5 I doubt she could handle something on the same scale as Angelerator.
When you write "Angelerator", you mean the usual Accelerator or already awakened Accelerator?
Old 2013-04-17, 06:27   Link #25103
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
That's when she's a level 4.

Compared to them who are the birds in the sky, Level 5s are the stars in the milky way.

...As paraphrase from a certain side story
Old 2013-04-17, 06:49   Link #25104
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's when she's a level 4.

Compared to them who are the birds in the sky, Level 5s are the stars in the milky way.

...As paraphrase from a certain side story
It's not really a matter of level but a matter of gap in power. The gap between Accel/Whitekine and the other level 5s is far bigger that the one between Miko and Kongou-san. Case in point, as a level 4 she's strong enough to strip Mugino of her powers but can't do anything more than suggestions to Kakine even though both are Level 5s.
What I'm trying to say is that we don't know how strong a Lv.6 can be and how much above Lv.5s it is, if it's something that can burst the universe just by simple thought I doubt she's be able to emulate something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Vie Britania View Post
When you write "Angelerator", you mean the usual Accelerator or already awakened Accelerator?
White winged awakened Accel.
Old 2013-04-17, 06:51   Link #25105
erdii

can some tell me Takitsubo power in detail. ı don't want to read the novel again and ı don't remember anything about her making level 5 out of level 0 ???
Old 2013-04-17, 06:51   Link #25106
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

And level 6 is the galaxy itself. Being a level 6 means understanding the SYSTEM. One who reaches that stage is already on another plane of existence.

Level 6 is more than just a higher stage than level 5. It's no longer just a better control and utility of the power like the progress from 1 to 5. Its to go beyond that boundary where no esper has ever touched.
Old 2013-04-17, 06:55   Link #25107
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
It's not really a matter of level but a matter of gap in power. The gap between Accel/Whitekine and the other level 5s is far bigger that the one between Miko and Kongou-san. Case in point, as a level 4 she's strong enough to strip Mugino of her powers but can't do anything more than suggestions to Kakine even though both are Level 5s.
She would be able to give someone any power she wanted at any time she wanted and she would be able to rob someone of any power she wanted at any place she wanted. If she wanted to, she could increase the number of Level 5s or she could strip any opposing esper, even the Number One known as Accelerator, of their Personal Realities and then kill them while they were defenseless.

Quoted from the Light Novel itself.

She can even affect Accelerator.

Quote:
What I'm trying to say is that we don't know how strong a Lv.6 can be and how much above Lv.5s it is, if it's something that can burst the universe just by simple thought I doubt she's be able to emulate something like that.
Why not? It's not like she's giving them her juice to grow.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-04-17 at 07:10.
Old 2013-04-17, 07:08   Link #25108
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

Another factor to consider is the capacity of aim takitsubo can control. As seen, even accel's reflection has its maximum capacity. She manipulates personal reality through aim. Aim of a large magnitude like hazakiri and black wings might cause a backfire on her.
Old 2013-04-17, 07:13   Link #25109
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOVER View Post
Another factor to consider is the capacity of aim takitsubo can control. As seen, even accel's reflection has its maximum capacity. She manipulates personal reality through aim. Aim of a large magnitude like hazakiri and black wings might cause a backfire on her.
...Why? If there's a 'backfire' it would be more harmful to her target, not her.
Old 2013-04-17, 07:20   Link #25110
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

Backfire as in her being overwhelmed
heres an analogy: her power is a hand. The aim is the flow of water. If you try to redirect water that is flowing slowly, its fine. But if you try to control water from a fireman hose your fingers will break.
Old 2013-04-17, 07:32   Link #25111
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Why are you assuming that the hose would be aimed at her?

Her victims probably wouldn't even realized it until it's too late like Hollow Kakine.
Old 2013-04-17, 07:32   Link #25112
cleed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
While that is a possibility, I am more inclined to think that it's full tuning. It's also possible that full tuning is actually the "Will of the Misaka network" or vise versa.
FT is an individual the first clone. She has been taken off the network.
Old 2013-04-17, 07:40   Link #25113
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

To control aim her powers need to be in contact with it ( not physically) and when it breaks away from her control, she will be affected, no?

How can she control the water? Its going to keep flowing in a straight line. The fingers are the one that broke
Old 2013-04-17, 07:45   Link #25114
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOVER View Post
To control aim her powers need to be in contact with it ( not physically) and when it breaks away from her control, she will be affected, no?

Hollow Kakine has overwhelming power, yet she could affect him subconsciously- Control isn't an issue.

Granted it was a small change, but a series of small, unnoticeable until it's too late sounds more dangerous to me.
Old 2013-04-17, 07:52   Link #25115
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

Kakine is a special case since he overstrected his control. A little interference to his already shaky control caused a split. And he isn't defeated by any means. Just reformed.
Old 2013-04-17, 12:40   Link #25116
Birdway
Banned

Guys, the text from the novels is quite clear. It can even affect Level 5's.

Level 5's.

Once they go awaken mode it will be a different matter that will be hard to strip them of their AIM for Takitsubo.
Old 2013-04-17, 14:29   Link #25117
leukrota

What I wonder is, can Kakine copy Takitsubo's power?
Old 2013-04-17, 15:24   Link #25118
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
The gap between #1/#2 and #3 is bigger then the gap between #3 and a level 4? What volume was that stated in?

As for Level 6, I assume that it is essentially something similar to an Angel. The stronger an esper gets the more like an angel-like they appear, I doubt that's a coincidence. Especially since this is only true for espers, not magicians who follow a different "path to power".
Old 2013-04-17, 15:31   Link #25119
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
The gap between #1/#2 and #3 is bigger then the gap between #3 and a level 4? What volume was that stated in?

As for Level 6, I assume that it is essentially something similar to an Angel. The stronger an esper gets the more like an angel-like they appear, I doubt that's a coincidence. Especially since this is only true for espers, not magicians who follow a different "path to power".
I think it was on Volume 15.
Old 2013-04-17, 15:36   Link #25120
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
The gap between 1 & 2 or those two & the rest was stated a bunch of times (the fact that only those 2 could be of use "for the plan" speak for itself). The gap between Mugino & Mikoto was usually addressed by Mugino herself, I think that once is in the manga when she fights Mikoto, and the other one is... I think when she first chases after Shiage in their first fight.

In theory, Mugino's basic ability is no worse than Mikoto, in fact her "full" ability should be able to surpass very easily Mikoto's ability, but Mugino can't use her power beyond a certain point due to safety reasons. Of course, that's the theory.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen