AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-08-08, 23:18   Link #41
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cox View Post
Did I mention that I am getting sick of the Rasengan. I mean I tune out the mass cloning but this is getting bad. Will Naruto ever learn anything new? ...
I do the exact same thing and feel precisely the same way.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 23:42   Link #42
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Did I mention that I am getting sick of the Rasengan. I mean I tune out the mass cloning but this is getting bad. Will Naruto ever learn anything new? ...
What is it with Shonen these days that shonen that the main character only has one or two techniques:

Ichigo: Getsuga Tenshou and Bankai

Naruto: KB and Rasengan

Goku: Kamehameha and Super Saiyan (at least Goku got more like Spirit bomb)
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 23:58   Link #43
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
What is it with Shonen these days that shonen that the main character only has one or two techniques:

How true. I never realized. I guess it's more obvious with Naruto because some of the poeple around him are adept and versatile.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 00:08   Link #44
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShinobi07 View Post
How true. I never realized. I guess it's more obvious with Naruto because some of the poeple around him are adept and versatile.
Key word is some. Besides Sasuke, almost no other character from Naruto's generation has more than two techniques that they use (then again, almost no older shinobi has more than 2 or 3 techniques that they use regularly). Shikimaru, Sai, Sakura (besides the specific unknown healing techniques she whips out at a moments notice), Ino, Shino, Kiba, Hinata, Neji, Tenten, Lee, and Naruto all know about 2 techniques, and a veriety of different uses for those two techniques. Sadly enough, Naruto doesn't really even have the level of versatility with his 2 techniques that everyone else has. Hopefully something will happen to eventually change this...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 00:24   Link #45
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
Key word is some. Besides Sasuke, almost no other character from Naruto's generation has more than two techniques that they use (then again, almost no older shinobi has more than 2 or 3 techniques that they use regularly). Shikimaru, Sai, Sakura (besides the specific unknown healing techniques she whips out at a moments notice), Ino, Shino, Kiba, Hinata, Neji, Tenten, Lee, and Naruto all know about 2 techniques, and a veriety of different uses for those two techniques. Sadly enough, Naruto doesn't really even have the level of versatility with his 2 techniques that everyone else has. Hopefully something will happen to eventually change this...
Oh so true, Shino uses his for tracking, recon and attack, Neji uses it both for offense and defense and others use theirs for different things. Naruto just uses KB to go head on then get flung away like they were flies, sometimes he uses them for good diversions or for them to attack while the real body gets hit but when it comes to Rasengan it is always the same and when it doesn't work the opponent thinks he won't use it again then gets hit.
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 00:54   Link #46
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

edit: I take that back...

it wasn't that horrible, guess some people would just rather have fight fight fight!

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2008-08-09 at 02:57.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 01:40   Link #47
magister

My comments

this episode kinda sucked...
i mean it takes boringness to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL!
naruto was saying "sora come back" for like... 10+ mins? (we all know that the rational thinking is gone while they are in the kyuubi mode) and while knowing the fact that the kyuubi is insanely strong, shikamaru and co. decided to take a go at sora... HENCE injuring themselves for no good reason. hope the other episodes will be better

Naruto Shippuden Episode 70 = EPIC FAIL!

Last edited by magister; 2008-08-09 at 01:46. Reason: forgot to add "EPIC FAIL!"
magister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 02:01   Link #48
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Naruto's learning disability aside, no, he won't ever learn anything new during a filler arc.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 04:41   Link #49
AceD
See You En' Tee

Quote:

goku can do loads of different attacks...there just 2 of his big finnishers

naruto doesnt really have any attacks, just clones, then rasengan to finnish
AceD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 05:09   Link #50
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:

Goku: Kamehameha (3 variations), Kaio-ken, Super Saiyan, Spirit Bomb (3 variations), Instantaneous Movement
there we go
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 07:08   Link #51
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voracious Hollow View Post
goku can do loads of different attacks...there just 2 of his big finnishers

naruto doesnt really have any attacks, just clones, then rasengan to finnish
Yes, and in addition, Goku has a perfect ki-control (same as chakra control) that makes him fly, use one finger as defense against a sword fighting an equally powerful enemy, hide his true powerlevel from others...
AuroraFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 07:29   Link #52
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Well.... I thought these "Sora" episodes were going to be used as an excuse to teach naruto how to control and use the Kyubi's power but he is only suppressing it and now he's going to take on a full fledge four tail mini-kyubi bare handed. ... literally! .... WTF!? .... are these writers telling us that Naruto is going to whine his way to victory against a 4 tail?!!!

Is whining supposed to be a new Naru-technique?

Naruto:
"Soraaaa COOMMEE BACKKK!!! .... Soraaa I understand uuuu"
Kyubi'S Chakra:
"Nooo I can't stand Narutos Whining!!!"
Naruto:
"Soraaaa I amm urrr FFFRRRRIIIEEEENNNDD!!!"

AFTER 5 episodes:

Naruto wins - Flawless Victory

LOL

P.S. Sorry ... had to vent!
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 07:34   Link #53
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
Well.... I thought these "Sora" episodes were going to be used as an excuse to teach naruto how to control and use the Kyubi's power but he is only suppressing it and now he's going to take on a full fledge four tail mini-kyubi bare handed. ... literally! .... WTF!? .... are these writers telling us that Naruto is going to whine his way to victory against a 4 tail?!!!
Yes, of course. All others are beaten to pulp, but Naruto just argues with a four-taled Jinchuuriki-fake like: "Hey, what are you doing here? Do you think that you're right with that? What you are doing here is not reasonable. Would you please stop it now? We can go eat an ice cream afterwards, okay?"

And Sora is like: "Okay, I am so sorry about what I've done to all of you. *cry* Can I have ice cream with strawberry taste, please?"
AuroraFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 07:53   Link #54
neshru

Quote:
well you know, he was training before the start of the filler arc, so chances are he will learn something new.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 12:58   Link #55
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
Yes, of course. All others are beaten to pulp, but Naruto just argues with a four-taled Jinchuuriki-fake like: "Hey, what are you doing here? Do you think that you're right with that? What you are doing here is not reasonable. Would you please stop it now? We can go eat an ice cream afterwards, okay?"

And Sora is like: "Okay, I am so sorry about what I've done to all of you. *cry* Can I have ice cream with strawberry taste, please?"
ROFLMAO!!!!!!

you just made me imagine a 4-tailed sora with a double-vanilla ice cream scoop in hand.
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 14:28   Link #56
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
Nah, there is another way. If Sora releases all the energy that has been sealed inside him, then he'll no longer be a Jinchuuriki-fake.
Remember: he is no source, he is just a ... let me explain it like that...

Naruto is the source and Sora is just like a glass of water.
Yeah I completely think Sora will be fine at the end of this. Will either use it all up or Naruto will somehow absorb it back to the source. Then they can ship Sora back to that temple or something so he can go on a Naruto struggle for acceptance. That or just hide him somewhere in Konoha where we never see him again.
Quote:
It really has gotten sad. Or its been pretty sad for some time now. All he has are clones, Rasengan, and Kyubi. But he's trying to cut the third one out which is going to leave a lot of repetition. Though whenever he gets that new technique thats being worked on will have something new to use constantly .
Old 2008-08-09, 15:52   Link #57
Yong

This episode shows how skillful Konoha's ninjas are...I mean look at them, such a good teamwork when they fought Sora. One after one...lmao

And I laughed my ass off when naruto's clones jumped all over Sora, then:
Shikamaru - "Did it work?"

...Has that EVER worked???
Yong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 17:02   Link #58
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!

Quote:

Ok, I can admit that! But atleast they can make it interesting. Naruto hops in there and clones/Rasengan. IT IS SOO BORING. You can guess the order of his attacks. Atleast with other characters they had interesting ways of getting to those attacks. Like Shikamaru has one technique but I do not get pissed when he does it.

Naruto is like "I'ma Clone pile hug you and then Rasengan the big pile." It is getting so old its not funny anymore. If he doesn't learn anything new in ten episodes I will quit watching it. Not joking
Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 17:26   Link #59
SkoolRumble4Ya

It's true that Naruto always uses the same technique over and over again. Oh well fillers about to be over soon and hopefully they don't screw it up like with Gaara.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 17:42   Link #60
Calth

For the technique discussion, if you remember before the filler arc started, Naruto was in the midst of making his own version of the rasengan, and making good progress.

Also,
Spoiler for Kinda off-topic:
Calth is offline   Reply With Quote