AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-27, 10:11   Link #701
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Brera = Undercover Priest Cop. 'Nuff said.
Old 2010-10-27, 10:46   Link #702
Lancel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I hope i wasn't the only one that couldn't help but giggle to myself everytime he appeared on screen . I just couldn't take him and that attire seriously. Along with THAT SMILE he gave Alto at the end of the film.
You weren't. I giggled too every time I saw him show up in his new badass longcoat. He went from creepy stalker dude to comedy relief bodyguard.

Spoiler for Itsuwari no utahime - SMS and Sheryl:
Lancel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 11:06   Link #703
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet512 View Post
When is the next movie coming?
February 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet512 View Post
I loved how Sheryl took the initiative to hire the SMS
Well, if they decide to have Grace betray her, it'll certainly explain better why Sheryl is suddenly broke and homeless.
Old 2010-10-27, 11:49   Link #704
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
That's a nice way of putting it . I'm sure that wasn't the plan for his character though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Well, if they decide to have Grace betray her, it'll certainly explain better why Sheryl is suddenly broke and homeless.
So true.
Old 2010-10-27, 12:07   Link #705
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
No, no, no...you've got it all wrong. Undercover priest NINJA cop is more like it.
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 12:12   Link #706
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Only a Ninja would escape in the sewers. That scene was so .
Old 2010-10-27, 17:22   Link #707
Lancel

By the way, did anyone else notice Ai-kun running in abject terror at the sight of Sheryl's earring? It flashed back to Mao wearing that earring. That kinda makes me wonder. I mean my assumption until then was that Mao and Ranka's mother decided to let Ranka sing Aimo and see if the Vajra came. When they did, the misunderstanding happened, Ranka probably got confused, then scared (I mean seriously she was like 5). Vajra saw her, didn't understand her properly, but nonetheless identified her as "one of them". Cue them going after Ranka and a twitchy fingered Valkyrie pilot opening fire. But that doesn't leave any reason for why the earring would trigger the RUN LIKE HELL reaction in Ai-kun.

Of course, it's the movie, so it can be different. Still I have to wonder why, and what Mao had to do with it.
Old 2010-10-27, 17:50   Link #708
magnuskn

Huh, I hadn't noticed that at all. I'll look for it on my rewatch, as soon as the subbed version is finally DL'ed.

----

On another topic, what the hell was that with the holographs in Sheryls handy with Mao, Ranshe and Ranka? How could Sheryl not recognize Ranka immediately? That green hair and haircut alone should have been enough.
Old 2010-10-27, 18:04   Link #709
justavisitor

she tried to play innocent in front of Ranka??...it doesn't take too much time in the movie for Grace and co to lock onto their target (Ranka)..I think it means that Sheryl in the movie indeed knows much more than it appeared...maybe she was really the spy..
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 18:05   Link #710
Lancel

Quote:
Huh, I hadn't noticed that at all. I'll look for it on my rewatch, as soon as the subbed version is finally DL'ed.

----

On another topic, what the hell was that with the holographs in Sheryls handy with Mao, Ranshe and Ranka? How could Sheryl not recognize Ranka immediately? That green hair and haircut alone should have been enough.
Not a clue, but I did question that as well. I'd have to watch it again, she seemed kinda poker faced the whole time up until she found Alto's pic. She is very interested in Ranka knowing Aimo though. Perhaps she thinks Ranka is that green-haired girl but isn't certain. She might even be under the impression the green-haired girl should be dead, like Grace seemed to believe in the series, but yeah, I'd have to rewatch it and try to place the subtleties in that one, and if they even think Ranka is dead in this continuity.

Also you reminded me, Sheryl getting her dramatic moment interrupted by phone call and then her sudden fleeing was hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
she tried to play innocent in front of Ranka??...it doesn't take too much time in the movie for Grace and co to lock onto their target (Ranka)..I think it means that Sheryl in the movie indeed knows much more than it appeared...maybe she was really the spy..
She could be. I definitely think she knows more than she lets on, more than she's telling Ranka/Alto even, but she probably doesn't yet see any reason to tell them anything. It's spy-like behavior, but I'm not sure she knows as much as Grace does. Grace seems to be completely on the ball here (of course she would be, given she's probably still the ultimate Big Bad), while Sheryl... Sheryl seems like she's still figuring this stuff out herself. I really don't think Grace has told her everything either, and I don't think Sheryl told Grace this either. One is playing the other or they're just not working together on this.
Old 2010-10-27, 18:06   Link #711
moncikoma

Just watched the movie...

I am AMAZED! Tottaly blown by the animation.. From alto x sheryl action..Twice!!!

The animation is more supereb! The first fight and last fight is very cool!
the story Is more simple, logical and even more fit! Than before..

it feels like watching a new macross series, many interesting new scenes
Combined smoothly with the tv series...

The only thing I hate about the movie is just 1 song!
Yes... "Aimo"

Last edited by moncikoma; 2010-10-28 at 12:41.
moncikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 18:18   Link #712
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
she tried to play innocent in front of Ranka??...it doesn't take too much time in the movie for Grace and co to lock onto their target (Ranka)..I think it means that Sheryl in the movie indeed knows much more than it appeared...maybe she was really the spy.
All other evidence points to "no". We'll have to see in the second movie, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancel View Post
Not a clue, but I did question that as well. I'd have to watch it again, she seemed kinda poker faced the whole time up until she found Alto's pic. She is very interested in Ranka knowing Aimo though. Perhaps she thinks Ranka is that green-haired girl but isn't certain. She might even be under the impression the green-haired girl should be dead, like Grace seemed to believe in the series, but yeah, I'd have to rewatch it and try to place the subtleties in that one, and if they even think Ranka is dead in this continuity.
Later scenes, where she seems genuinely still unknowing of why Ranka knows Aimo ( which she shouldn't be, if she was cognizant of Rankas existance ) seem to indicate that she really doesn't recognize Ranka from the photos. Maybe we need to simply chalk this up to anime girls looking very alike for us but not for the people in the anime itself.
Old 2010-10-27, 18:25   Link #713
Lancel

Quote:
Later scenes, where she seems genuinely still unknowing of why Ranka knows Aimo ( which she shouldn't be, if she was cognizant of Rankas existance ) seem to indicate that she really doesn't recognize Ranka from the photos. Maybe we need to simply chalk this up to anime girls looking very alike for us but not for the people in the anime itself.
Might have to yeah. Age 6 to 16 is a pretty big change. I wonder if anyone has ever done a study on that kind of recognition.
Old 2010-10-27, 21:12   Link #714
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

Lots of good stuff in the movie.

+Great animation
+Sexy new super pack
+more great songs!
+Bigger "Sharon Apple" esqu concerts :3
+dropped a lot of dead weight
+Moar SEXY BOSS GRACE!
+Sheryl + SMS = AWESOME

Some not so great
-Kinda stupid Galaxy Versus Frontier Spy plot
-Not enough Klan/Michel
-Ranka still to clumsy for words :-/

Overall though it was freaking fantastic. Anything with MOAR Sheryl is not a bad thing =3
squaresphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 23:00   Link #715
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
No, no, no...you've got it all wrong. Undercover priest NINJA cop is more like it.
Oh yeah, that's right. I knew there was something missing.
Old 2010-10-28, 02:20   Link #716
ibby

I just got my copy on the DVD and really enjoyed the movie. I thought the universal bunny concert was the highlight of the movie. Also I though that the fanservice from Sheryl, Alto and Grace were good. I thought Ranka was more moe this time round, then compared to the TV series, as upon seeing Ranka in the Valkyrie outfit, made me want to make Valkyrie sounds! Anway can't wait for the second movie, though think that we won't get a DVD release of the second movie till next Christmas at best.
ibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 03:39   Link #717
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
-Not enough Klan/Michel
Very true, though the focus of the film was on the love triangle, and i'm pleased with that. Plus Michel wasn't killed at the end, so that's a huge bonus.
Old 2010-10-28, 09:04   Link #718
John117xCortana

Which subs are the most accurate ones ?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 09:19   Link #719
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Must watch 2nite
Old 2010-10-28, 12:41   Link #720
moncikoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
Lots of good stuff in the movie.

+Great animation
+Sexy new super pack
+more great songs!
+Bigger "Sharon Apple" esqu concerts :3
+dropped a lot of dead weight
+Moar SEXY BOSS GRACE!
+Sheryl + SMS = AWESOME

Some not so great
-Kinda stupid Galaxy Versus Frontier Spy plot
-Not enough Klan/Michel
-Ranka still to clumsy for words :-/

Overall though it was freaking fantastic. Anything with MOAR Sheryl is not a bad thing =3
dont forget these...

Spoiler:
moncikoma is offline   Reply With Quote