ryuuya

i hope that he will make his own volt weapon and volt texture
ryuuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-23, 07:16   Link #3422
Hk1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuuya View Post
i hope that he will make his own volt weapon and volt texture
Volt weapons are Pandora abilities. Kazuya isn't one. His power is something else entirely.
Hk1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-23, 11:23   Link #3423
ryuuya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hk1117 View Post
Volt weapons are Pandora abilities. Kazuya isn't one. His power is something else entirely.

well since he has a stigmata body might as well make a miracle
ryuuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-24, 06:53   Link #3424
Hk1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuuya View Post
well since he has a stigmata body might as well make a miracle
having a stigmatic body only means the one with said body is biologically closer to Nova than humans. It is of little consequence to the person's ability since that is still restricted to gender.
Old 2015-10-24, 07:59   Link #3425
Twi

Well, I just got back into this after dropping off after the E-Pandora arc a few years ago....

Remember when it used to be simple?
Old 2015-10-24, 08:02   Link #3426
Hk1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Well, I just got back into this after dropping off after the E-Pandora arc a few years ago....

Remember when it used to be simple?
it was never that simple.
Old 2015-10-24, 13:11   Link #3427
Alhazad2003

So finally Kazuya has stepped to the forefront, and not a moment too soon. Though after what he's seen, I can imagine how it'll go between him and Gengo after this. I bet he's only doing it to protect his friends, not to become the supreme ruler of the Earth, as Gengo wants him to be. Much like Chaz in Phantasy Star IV, fighting against the ultimate evil to protect his friends, not serve the "Great Light." Makes me wonder if LDY is a Phantasy Star fan. Anyway, can't wait for the next chapter, the last in Volume 28. Until then...
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-24, 13:36   Link #3428
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Well, hopefully he'll become the ruler of Earth if that's really his destiny. But you're right in that he should currently just focus on protecting his friends.

And yeah, I'm happy to have finally read this chapter in English. It's good to know what Kazuha said to Kazuya and what he also said afterwards. Plus, it's amazing how he just told Stella that he loves her. Granted that it was while telling her that he'll power her up enough to fight the Transcendental Beings next, while apologizing to her. But either way, wasn't that the first time he ever confessed his feelings to her? Man, seriously, what kind of a way is that to tell a girl that you love her?

I can hardly wait to read the rest of the RAW chapters that have been released after they've been translated in English.
Old 2015-10-24, 15:48   Link #3429
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hk1117 View Post
it was never that simple.
Girls were implanted with stigmata to fight extra-dimensional beings with a sub-plot of thawing ice queen by boy with unique ability. That's simple as far as manga plots go, which is saying a lot.

Then they started making it confusing, throwing in Legendary Pandora, basically ramping up the threat level to the point their newest power-up stopped being effective, and then there's this tragic backstory.
Old 2015-10-24, 16:00   Link #3430
Kurohane

I agree with Twi. The author stopped going for any kind of consistency after the E Pandora arc. The last couple of battles have been so desperate, so hopeless that they all gone into the Only the Author can save them now territory. This conflict is no different. Freezing seems to get another new power as the plot demands it to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazad2003 View Post
So finally Kazuya has stepped to the forefront, and not a moment too soon. Though after what he's seen, I can imagine how it'll go between him and Gengo after this. I bet he's only doing it to protect his friends, not to become the supreme ruler of the Earth, as Gengo wants him to be. Much like Chaz in Phantasy Star IV, fighting against the ultimate evil to protect his friends, not serve the "Great Light." Makes me wonder if LDY is a Phantasy Star fan. Anyway, can't wait for the next chapter, the last in Volume 28. Until then...
But there in lies a contradiction in that in order to protect his friends, Kazuya has to use them. Furthermore, I'd be surprised if someone did not call him out on it. Sure, he hates doing it, and there aren't any other options, but that doesn't make it the right thing either.
Old 2015-10-24, 18:06   Link #3431
Twi

Good point. That goes on the YMMV.
Old 2015-10-24, 18:40   Link #3432
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Kurogane: The very first bunch of Pandora he used it on did call him out on it. Some of them were understanding of it and some weren't. So it's already started happening.

There's the chance that Kazuya and the Pandora will find some sort of valid excuse. Valid enough to kind of justify it hopefully. Even though it's still a bit unfair as a power.
Old 2015-10-24, 18:54   Link #3433
Twi

It's not meant to be fair. Gengo said it himself, the Enrinbar in their neurons will drive them to seek out the strongest stigmatic body. With Kazuha and Ryuuchi dead, that's him. And with Pandoras now strong enough to offset most military powers, he has a freaking "I win" button against just about anything else in the series barring his grandmother, his father if someone steals his body and brings it back, and whatever is lurking near the end. He's meant to drag humanity kicking and screaming into the future, and Gengo won't care what sort of validation he needs since he's basically calling all the shots now, which is why they wanted him assassinated.

Why they thought to use psychopaths who have no problem killing the already lower number of Pandoras I have no clue, but....
Old 2015-10-24, 19:41   Link #3434
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Actually, correction: Kazuya's Stigmatic Ratio is greater than Kazuha's. Or to put in another way, Kazuya's body is more Stigmatic than hers. You'll see it if you look at the percentage numbers. Ryuuichi's was probably greater than Kazuha's, too, but we don't know if it was greater than even Kazuya's.

I agree with you about using psychopaths to try to carry out the assassination attempt, though. And plus, using those psychopaths was also a big mistake on their part because of the Legendary Pandora being there. I don't really remember, but something happened that made the Legendary Pandora go berserk, and IIRC, it had something to do with the ones you called psychopaths.
Old 2015-10-24, 23:23   Link #3435
Hk1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Actually, correction: Kazuya's Stigmatic Ratio is greater than Kazuha's. Or to put in another way, Kazuya's body is more Stigmatic than hers. You'll see it if you look at the percentage numbers. Ryuuichi's was probably greater than Kazuha's, too, but we don't know if it was greater than even Kazuya's.

I agree with you about using psychopaths to try to carry out the assassination attempt, though. And plus, using those psychopaths was also a big mistake on their part because of the Legendary Pandora being there. I don't really remember, but something happened that made the Legendary Pandora go berserk, and IIRC, it had something to do with the ones you called psychopaths.
Kazuya has been repeatedly stated to have the highest stigmatic cell percentage in the whole series, IIRC.
Old 2015-10-25, 01:04   Link #3436
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
So its seems like we're finally getting to the part that I stated 20 or so pages ago...

Kazuya, if allowed to use him abilities to the fullest, is the most OP character in the series, and hence why he's been nerfed this whole time. He should literally be able to make all battles one-sided with how strong his Freezing abilities should be.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-25, 04:53   Link #3437
Alhazad2003

Quote:

I'd say his father had a purer Stigma Body, he simply never sought to discern its secrets like Kazuha did. Though if he did he might've snubbed Orie one day, why mate with a lowly human, when you have three goddesses to fill the void, and a whole race to rule over. Let's all hope Kazuya doesn't let power go to his head, like his grandfather from the looks of it.

And if you mean the Busters, they used Anti-Freezing on the LP's, which made them succumb to the stigmatic urge to destroy everything. And that's how the 13th Nova Clash began. What will they do come the fourteenth? We'll just have to wait and see.
Old 2015-10-25, 05:35   Link #3438
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazad2003 View Post
I'd say his father had a purer Stigma Body, he simply never sought to discern its secrets like Kazuha did. Though if he did he might've snubbed Orie one day, why mate with a lowly human, when you have three goddesses to fill the void, and a whole race to rule over. Let's all hope Kazuya doesn't let power go to his head, like his grandfather from the looks of it.
If he'd snubbed her from day one, he'd likely be as bad as Kazuha pre-patricide, unable to connect with other people and eventually falling into his instincts. His suicide, with him being one of the few people she gave any care about until later, was the second turning point with her mother's spirit being the first. That bled over to her brother growing up and made him more appreciative of life.

His grandfather doesn't even even see himself likely to fall into that category, but he's pretty much decided humanity can't manage themselves given some of his talk. I'm starting to wonder how much of Maria's influence has been good for him... or how he managed to conceive a son with her....
Old 2015-10-25, 11:14   Link #3439
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, it probably wouldn't have been good for Ryuuichi to go for the Legendary Pandora from the get-go and drown in the power. And I don't know if Maria's influence was good for Gengo or not, but it does seem like she at least was serious about saving mankind. That's why she lent them her power.

And I agree with you guys about Kazuya hopefully not drowning in the power, either.

@Alzahad: Yeah, I meant the Busters. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 2015-10-25, 14:36   Link #3440
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Yeah, it probably wouldn't have been good for Ryuuichi to go for the Legendary Pandora from the get-go and drown in the power. And I don't know if Maria's influence was good for Gengo or not, but it does seem like she at least was serious about saving mankind. That's why she lent them her power.

And I agree with you guys about Kazuya hopefully not drowning in the power, either.

@Alzahad: Yeah, I meant the Busters. Thanks for the reminder.
Perhaps, or maybe transforming mankind was Maria's intent from the very start, and Gengo's been helping her for over fifty years. There's a theory on another forum that Maria may be the real villain in all this, and if it's true it would make Gengo look like the biggest fool in history, for he'd essentially delivered mankind's fate to her on a silver platter. Gengo did say her original purpose was to destroy mankind, maybe she's been doing it in a more subtle manner than anyone realizes, especially Gengo.

As for the last chapter, I'd say we now have a better idea of what transcendence entails, basically transcending humanity itself, since the Aois and the Novas are referred to as transcendent beings. So I wouldn't be surprised if Satellizer, Rana, and Ticy now have partial Stigma Bodies. All part of Gengo's diabolical plan. Or is it all Maria's plan, we'll just have to wait and see.

Tags
action, author loves incest, female fighters, futuristic setting, harem, seinen