AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-06-11, 16:43   Link #461
harmonious

I just don't like love polygons, they are overly dramatic and cheesy.
harmonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 17:17   Link #462
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Just like real life, I'd say...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 15:29   Link #463
totalnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonious View Post
I just don't like love polygons, they are overly dramatic and cheesy.
This is just really the beginning of this series. Won't know what develops in the romance department for this ~51 episodes series.
totalnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 16:32   Link #464
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Well, I'll just say this: the anime is keeping up nicely with the manga. So, the romance part should come around nicely, as well.

Old 2009-06-14, 02:07   Link #465
poko-kun

Can't believe 1st part of the next episode is going to be a filler. (ep.12)
And the girl(?) in the preview looks ...like cross dressing .
poko-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 05:07   Link #466
Bambi

Huh, who is that baseball girl from preview? Looks like anime-original character.
Old 2009-06-14, 19:08   Link #467
Kirarakim

I really liked this episode. I think they did a good job of making Kou talented but not perfect. Although he accomplished something significant in this game, the ending result shows he still has a lot to learn.

Now I am disappointed to hear that they are adding an anime only character next week. I was under the impression that the series has enough manga material to work with?
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 19:19   Link #468
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Now I am disappointed to hear that they are adding an anime only character next week. I was under the impression that the series has enough manga material to work with?
they might be trying to spice things for the manga readers.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 19:23   Link #469
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
they might be trying to spice things for the manga readers.
Well I am not a manga reader of this series but I am of other series and I hate when things are changed. Usually I just want to see a perfect adaption animated even if I know what is going to happen. I guess others might feel differently though.
Old 2009-06-14, 22:30   Link #470
golthin

Quote:
Well I am not a manga reader of this series but I am of other series and I hate when things are changed. Usually I just want to see a perfect adaption animated even if I know what is going to happen. I guess others might feel differently though.
i am the same way, that is why i am loving the new full metal alchemist anime. was disappointed by the first anime.
Old 2009-06-15, 01:38   Link #471
ZODDGUTS

Doesn't look like I'll be entirely filler though with what's her name having Koh on a leash for one day...
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 03:25   Link #472
chinaboat

Quote:
Yeah, that would be me. - To me there's no compelling reason to watch an edited visual version of a critically acclaimed manga I've already read but if, through the addition of new characters, situations, subplots,etc, the anime is reported to be markedly better than the mediocre manga it was based on that's an excellent reason to give the series a try. Another reason for characters, subplots and what not that didn't appear in the manga to be inserted into anime is the creator had some new ideas since the manga was published and adding them to the anime is less expensive then creating an OAV to fit into the space between two chapters of the manga.

There's also a reverse situation that's happened to me several times. If a anime I really appreciate is based on a well received manga I'll probably read the manga to pickup the bits that were edited out of the anime - I definitely plan on reading "Cross Game" but not until the anime is at least halfway through the series.

On another topic - Since there are definite artistic similarities between Cross Game and Touch, is the character design common to most of Mitsuru Adachi's work?
chinaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 04:03   Link #473
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaboat View Post

On another topic - Since there are definite artistic similarities between Cross Game and Touch, is the character design common to most of Mitsuru Adachi's work?
yep, i don't think there has been an Adachi work that was adapted into anime that didn't use Adachi's character design. it is pretty much the same with works from clamp and rumiko takahashi
Old 2009-06-20, 01:13   Link #474
Theowne
耳をすませば

Just started watching this. With Maison Ikkoku being one of my top 5 anime, I wondered if I would ever find another series with that restrained, warm / touching quality to it, but I think I just have. I'm not reading these posts for fear of spoilers (Im still on ep 4) but god I hope that this series lives up to my expectation, because it's just what I need.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..

Last edited by Theowne; 2009-06-20 at 02:30.
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 08:15   Link #475
FuzzyWuzzy

I don't really care whether the anime is a perfect adaptation, semi-perfect, good, bad or even butchered the characters and story when compared to the manga. As long as the anime tells a good story, I have no problems at all.

The next couple of lines are not directed at anyone but I have to say it.

My only gripe or gripes are manga readers that keeps biatchin and moanin about every single thing that is different. So what if it's different? Does the whole world need to hear your screams of your opinions about how the whole story is so ruined just because the story is progressing too fast or too slow according to you and you didn't get to see one scene that is very insignificant and yet because they didn't include "THE" scene, everything is now ruined.

Geeze keep it to yourself and let other people enjoy the story. The negativity and spoilers are certainly not welcomed.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 08:58   Link #476
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

And you see this behavior on display here exactly where, if I may be so bold as to ask? I find the manga readers here actually fairly tame, in comparison to other threads around these parts...

Old 2009-06-20, 11:12   Link #477
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
And you see this behavior on display here exactly where, if I may be so bold as to ask? I find the manga readers here actually fairly tame, in comparison to other threads around these parts...
because so far the anime has been very accurate to the manga. Adachi takes a lot of pride to his works so he is very opposed to changes to his manga. When you get pretty long running and popular manga like the one he make, he can be demanding about how they are presented in the anime. I think this is the first time he allows an original character in an anime adaptation.
Old 2009-06-20, 11:17   Link #478
Ottocycle

I haven't watched a single episode of this show, but I'd like to know whether does one need to be knowledgeable of the rules of baseball in order to enjoy it?
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 11:53   Link #479
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
I haven't watched a single episode of this show, but I'd like to know whether does one need to be knowledgeable of the rules of baseball in order to enjoy it?
I would say definitely not, although not being a sports fan myself I think the rules of baseball are pretty easy to pick up.

However Cross Game is much more than just a baseball series.
Old 2009-06-20, 12:26   Link #480
Ottocycle

Quote:
I would say definitely not, although not being a sports fan myself I think the rules of baseball are pretty easy to pick up.

However Cross Game is much more than just a baseball series.
Thanks for the reply. this series was piquing my interests a little.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, drama, romance, school life, shounen, sports