AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-28, 01:34   Link #621
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

"You can't have him." I'm not sure that's the right translation. I'd think, "You can't take him," is closer to what Wakaba said, and has a different implication. Gives KouXAoba a clearer path, maybe.
Agent86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 01:42   Link #622
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Azuma Yuuhei, Azuma Yuuhei, Azuma Yuuhei, Azuma Yuuhei; and don't you forget it! Heck, he's just about the best character in the entire show, so how can you. (Okay, I lied, Yuuhei's name doesn't end in -moji after all .)
lol... humblest of apologies my dear sir. Such callous mistake due to poor retention capacity for short term memory won't ever be allowed again. Now that I have your forgiveness, I am so very happy to see you in this thread. I knew you would like this show when I mentioned it to you. Better than basquash-thing or whatever that is called, isn't it? Just kidding. Would never dare to question your taste.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 02:04   Link #623
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent86 View Post
"You can't have him." I'm not sure that's the right translation. I'd think, "You can't take him," is closer to what Wakaba said, and has a different implication. Gives KouXAoba a clearer path, maybe.
when Wakaba was alive it meant "you can't take him" but now that Wakaba is dead it means
"you can't have him" because she can't take him from her anymore as she is not around. the phrase changes from the point of view of Aoba. If you translate what Wakaba said, "don't take him away, ok" = "tosha dame kara ne".
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 02:53   Link #624
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by apropervillain View Post
LOL I literally started bursting out laughing when I saw the Nomo drawings. Does this make me a horrible person?
Drawing contests generally work out like that. They probably just take all the entries and then random draw, quality is rarely a determining factor in these sorts of things (unless Japan does things differently).

I'm interested in seeing how this next episode pans out. I assume that if the anime original character coming back, then there isn't enough manga to animate to get through a full episode without going into the next part of the story.

In other news, DVD 1 is out now for 5000 yen (Episodes 1-3), DVD 2 comes out next month with episodes 4-7 and will set you back 5800 yen. Still no sign of an OST though which is what I'm really waitting for.
Old 2009-07-28, 03:29   Link #625
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
Drawing contests generally work out like that. They probably just take all the entries and then random draw, quality is rarely a determining factor in these sorts of things (unless Japan does things differently).

I'm interested in seeing how this next episode pans out. I assume that if the anime original character coming back, then there isn't enough manga to animate to get through a full episode without going into the next part of the story.

In other news, DVD 1 is out now for 5000 yen (Episodes 1-3), DVD 2 comes out next month with episodes 4-7 and will set you back 5800 yen. Still no sign of an OST though which is what I'm really waitting for.
next episode is in the manga and they have plenty of material to go, actually I think the mangaka is taking a break so the manga and anime end together. I think Cross game is getting pretty close to the end, which is going to Koshien.
Old 2009-07-28, 03:59   Link #626
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
next episode is in the manga and they have plenty of material to go, actually I think the mangaka is taking a break so the manga and anime end together. I think Cross game is getting pretty close to the end, which is going to Koshien.
What I mean't that they're probably hitting a hard wall on where they can break the story without starting the next one. Given which chapters episode 19 will probably be about I'm thinking that they simply do not have enough material to fill a full episode without expanding what they do have to work with with a bit of anime original content mixed with the manga's storyline.
Old 2009-07-28, 09:40   Link #627
Westlo
Lets be reality

Haven't watched an episode since 5. but flicking through 17 to see how far it had progressed I ended up watching the entire thing lol. Unfortunately iirc an annoying character shows up soon.. liking the new ED as well, nice pics of Aoba throughout it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
Still no sign of an OST though which is what I'm really waitting for.
That's a shame, was looking forward to that, who knows how far off it is now
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 11:31   Link #628
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Fack. Too busy recently to watch the subs as soon as they came out.

Anyway, Yuhei and Kou bunking together is hilarious. Still after that, Kou staring at Aoba through the window for an extended amount of time.... hmm.... It's understandable now why all three have their own fans/harem.

Yuhei is still a bit of a snarky bastard but he isn't exactly being an asshole. I guess he just comes off as brutally frank, but I think he really does care about his teammates. Of course it was a bit brash of him to delve into the ever sensitive topic of Wakaba, but Kou just smiled when he asked if he loved her too, and to me... it tells me that he really did, in fact, love Wakaba.

I smell bromance in the works. Dundundun.

But you have to hand it to Yuhei, he's deeper than what a lot of people thought before.

Highlights of the episode:

Aoba going on a date with 5 idiots at once and outlasting them? Awesome.
Yuhei and his evil eye? Awesome.

"Who's at the center field? (cue Aoba blush)" "Who knows." Absolutely priceless.

Still in all honesty, despite the fact that Koshien doesn't allow female players to play... it wouldn't do the series justice if Kou and Aoba don't actually play together in a vital tournament game. It's probably too far fetched to hope that they get to play in Koshien together, but hey I'll keep my fingers crossed.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 12:06   Link #629
Kirarakim

I loved Yuhei's last line to Kou in episode 17. Of course I figured his reason for staying was along those lines but it was still nice to hear him say it.

I also loved Aoba's little date.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 12:18   Link #630
poko-kun

Let's face it... girls can't play in Koshien.
But, Kou'll find out how to fulfill Ao's dream of playing in Koshien (along with Waka's dream)
You know Kou will.
poko-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 16:46   Link #631
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I always thought Youhei was pretty deep, actually. You could tell from his approach to hitting that he was a thinker. And he had an ability to see through other people's BS that was apparent from the beginning. His complete lack of tact is his most obvious feature but it would have markedly less impact if he weren't so often right!
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 17:02   Link #632
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I always thought Youhei was pretty deep, actually. You could tell from his approach to hitting that he was a thinker. And he had an ability to see through other people's BS that was apparent from the beginning. His complete lack of tact is his most obvious feature but it would have markedly less impact if he weren't so often right!
he is very perceptive. Besides kou's two close friends in the team and Aoba's older sister he is the only one that has noticed the flirting relation between kou and Aoba. I think Youhei might be the only one that know why they are resisting they mutual attraction (wakaba) after this episode thus why he said "you guys have it tough".
Old 2009-07-29, 15:54   Link #633
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
lol... humblest of apologies my dear sir. Such callous mistake due to poor retention capacity for short term memory won't ever be allowed again. Now that I have your forgiveness, I am so very happy to see you in this thread. I knew you would like this show when I mentioned it to you.
To be honest, I generally only watch sports anime if they're recommended to me - unless of course, they're: 1. based on a board game, 2. it's made by J.C. Staff, or 3. it's directed by Kawamori. So it's your fault that I'm watching four sports titles right now .

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Better than basquash-thing or whatever that is called, isn't it? Just kidding. Would never dare to question your taste.
No way - the only way that Cross Game can be better than Basquash is for them to insert Kawamori cosplaying as Momoji! On second thought, please pretend that I never wrote that .

Quote:
Originally Posted by poko-kun View Post
Let's face it... girls can't play in Koshien.
But, Kou'll find out how to fulfill Ao's dream of playing in Koshien (along with Waka's dream)
You know Kou will.
Whether Aoba will play in any of the games leading up to Koshien is about the only mystery in Cross Game.

Quote:
he is very perceptive. Besides kou's two close friends in the team and Aoba's older sister he is the only one that has noticed the flirting relation between kou and Aoba. I think Youhei might be the only one that know why they are resisting they mutual attraction (wakaba) after this episode thus why he said "you guys have it tough".
Nah; everyone in the show knows about Kou and Aoba. In fact, they're the only two characters to be unaware of the attraction. This also happens to be one of the staples of this kind of show.
Old 2009-07-29, 16:09   Link #634
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
In fact, they're the only two characters to be unaware of the attraction. This also happens to be one of the staples of this kind of show.
I don't believe they are unaware of the attraction, but more like they are trying to ignore it like it is not there, each of them for their different reasons.
Old 2009-07-29, 16:57   Link #635
totalnet

It's funny that Youhei's older brother totally forget about finding a new place for Youhei. Of course he has an ulterior motive not to find new place. It allow him to drop by to see Ichiyo anytime he wants and use Youhei as an excuse.
totalnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 17:07   Link #636
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalnet View Post
It's funny that Youhei's older brother totally forget about finding a new place for Youhei. Of course he has an ulterior motive not to find new place. It allow him to drop by to see Ichiyo anytime he wants and use Youhei as an excuse.
nah, he didn't forget(he was just faking that he forgot). he is just trying to freeload. He was already visiting Ichiyo constantly before Youhei started living with Kou's family. Will you look for an apartment when you can live for free?
Old 2009-07-29, 17:34   Link #637
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Youhei's brother probably want him to live with other people, to keep his anti-social poker face from getting worst. Youhei may also have poor relationship with his parents if they still blame him for his brother's injury.
cf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 17:53   Link #638
4Tran

Quote:
I don't believe they are unaware of the attraction, but more like they are trying to ignore it like it is not there, each of them for their different reasons.
At this point, Kou thinks that he feels about Aoba and Wakaba in totally different ways. Since he knows that he was in love with Wakaba, it would stand to reason that he would think that he isn't in love with Aoba. Aoba, on the other hand, has never been in love, but she's so familiar with not liking Kou that there's no way for her to consciously think of him as an object of attraction. What also comes into play is that the two have known each other for so very long as non-lovers that actively changing that perception is a very tough row to hoe.

We should see the two go through a lot of difficulties before they realize that they're attracted to each other, and even more angst before they're willing to admit it to each other. That, after all, is pretty much the point of the Cross Game.
Old 2009-07-29, 20:15   Link #639
poko-kun

I think Kou acts like a child sometimes (or he's always been like this since he was a kid?); enjoy teasing a girl he likes.
poko-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 23:22   Link #640
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by poko-kun View Post
I think Kou acts like a child sometimes (or he's always been like this since he was a kid?); enjoy teasing a girl he likes.
it is his defense mechanism

Tags
baseball, drama, romance, school life, shounen, sports