AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-04-08, 14:50   Link #21
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

waaaaat ? I'd almost call it heresy.
wait , so how does one read lost canvas without the Hades Saga knowledge from the original Saint Seiya ?
oh well. you're missing out on something great. I highly recommend you go read the original , only 28 tomes.
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 00:23   Link #22
Used Can

Am I the only one who's liking The Lost Canvas better than the original manga? I've liked the characters in this story much better, and I really like the relationship between Pegasus, Athena and Hades.

Even so, Tenma still needs to have a scene as grand as many of the ones Seiya had. Although, many of Seiya's scenes involved Deus ex Machina, and the bit with the God Cloth in chapter 77 did annoy me (although, Tenma would never have stood a chance against Morpheus otherwise).
Old 2009-04-09, 18:56   Link #23
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
waaaaat ? I'd almost call it heresy.
wait , so how does one read lost canvas without the Hades Saga knowledge from the original Saint Seiya ?
oh well. you're missing out on something great. I highly recommend you go read the original , only 28 tomes.
Sorry

I plan to
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 21:01   Link #24
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Am I the only one who's liking The Lost Canvas better than the original manga? I've liked the characters in this story much better, and I really like the relationship between Pegasus, Athena and Hades.

Even so, Tenma still needs to have a scene as grand as many of the ones Seiya had. Although, many of Seiya's scenes involved Deus ex Machina, and the bit with the God Cloth in chapter 77 did annoy me (although, Tenma would never have stood a chance against Morpheus otherwise).
Yeah I am in love with Saint Seiya, but lost canvas does have interesting plot to it. I too especially love the relationship with the last incarnations of the Pegasus saint, Athena, and Hades. For some reason I can't help but like Tenma more than Seiya.
Old 2009-04-09, 22:40   Link #25
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:

Well it depends on people I guess.
the original Saint Seiya is very dear to me as it was one of my first anime ( liek , back when I was 3 or something ). So I won't deny that I have an automatic bias and consider it to be one of the most sacred thing ever.
now , I do enjoy Lost canvas , but , I enjoy it probably not for the good reasons.
Spoiler for spoilers for original Saint-Seiya:

So there that wuz my 2cents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Sorry

I plan to
good , good. very good ,
Old 2009-04-09, 22:59   Link #26
justavisitor

well you don't really need to read the original seiya in order to read this manga..the original manga is popular enough..even if you never read/watch it before, you should know the story is about
Spoiler for "spoiler for the original seiya's story":

that info in above in my opinion is good enough for this manga anyway..

Back to the manga discussion I wonder about
Spoiler for spoiler for lost canvas:
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 23:41   Link #27
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Spoiler:
Old 2009-04-10, 04:57   Link #28
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Just sayin' , but hmm...
Spoiler for original mangoo:
Old 2009-04-10, 09:47   Link #29
justavisitor

just want to clear it up that I have no intention to attack the original story plot lol..I like Saint seiya..i read that manga first and then I am interested enough to read this lost Canvas

Just that I don't think those two mangas are too much related for the following reason

Spoiler for really light spoiler and perhaps a guide for ppl who want to read lost canvas without reading the original manga:

And the info in above is all you need to enjoy this manga..you don't really need to read the original manga lol..even if you don't read the info in the above, in my opinion you still won't get lost, except maybe for chapter 77, and ppl in above have already kindly explained it XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-04-10, 19:24   Link #30
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

two things though
Spoiler for Lost canvas/seiya:
Old 2009-04-10, 21:35   Link #31
justavisitor

@Samanosuke

Thanks for correcting my post..I guess I can't remember those things in detail..

Spoiler for for Lost canvas:
Old 2009-04-11, 20:27   Link #32
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Actually , it's a bit complicated .
Spoiler for Lost Canvas/Next Dimension/Original:

And now for the rest
Spoiler for Lost Canvas:
Old 2009-04-11, 20:43   Link #33
justavisitor

about god cloth:

Spoiler for god cloth:

And I never read Next Dimension lol...it backs me off because it released on irregular date (that's what I heard)?? Does it release normally now??
Old 2009-04-12, 01:32   Link #34
Used Can

Quote:
about god cloth:

Spoiler for god cloth:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-04-12, 04:11   Link #35
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

hum , I didn't think of the possibility Alone would have something to do with it. Would make sense.
Old 2009-04-15, 23:41   Link #36
solarknight123

Yeah I think Alone in his own way is somehow trying to help Tenma, hence why Pandora trapped him in that weird dimension, in the hopes that he awakens fully as Hades. The God Cloth kinda threw me off a bit in Lost Canvas seeing as how we don't see the Pegasus clot recieve a god's blood, but it's also established that the Pegasus saint was always the most formidable foe, always damaging Hades so maybe Tenma is a special case.

I seem to enjoy the Athena in Lost Cavas a bit more than the original since she's doing a bit more that simply being rescued. I mean I love the original but the 3 arcs all boiled down to the same premise which was,
Spoiler for original:
Old 2009-04-16, 09:49   Link #37
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarknight123 View Post
I seem to enjoy the Athena in Lost Cavas a bit more than the original since she's doing a bit more that simply being rescued. I mean I love the original but the 3 arcs all boiled down to the same premise which was,
Spoiler for original:
I actually used to not care about her until the final arc or Hades , and now the Next Dimension , where she actually does something , Plus she cut her hair , making her look better , but that's just me =D
Old 2009-04-16, 09:54   Link #38
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
I actually used to not care about her until the final arc or Hades , and now the Next Dimension , where she actually does something , Plus she cut her hair , making her look better , but that's just me =D
Yeah that little bit in next dimension sparked my intrest in her again. BTW I saw some pics of that but I'm not sure if it was her hair length all together or just her sides?
Old 2009-04-17, 20:54   Link #39
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Hum , I'd need to recheck , but i believe it was her hair length .
Old 2009-04-18, 18:30   Link #40
Used Can

Holy hell, I've just read the last chapter. I keep liking Sasha more and more.

Tags
shounen