AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-01-29, 06:25   Link #21
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

I can't help wondering why Yuuno and Arf aren't made playable. Are they despised that much by the makers? I mean, Yuuno maybe defensive but they could make him counter-centric a la ExDeath.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 12:58   Link #22
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I cannot see Yuuno doing anything but binding his enemies and do some..melee ? Maybe he could team up with Arf to balance between range attack and melee attack...?

Well, it's not like he's that weak or something...it's just..from what I've seen in the anime, what he's done mostly in combat is basically binding the enemies to give Nanoha some time to do her attack (?). CMIIW

I can't imagine Yuuno to be someone like Exdeath....it's kinda...scary o.o; Especially to make a counter-based character in this game.

I had just played this game a couple of minutes ago. It's quite fun, eventhough I don't understand it at first (had a couple of try to do some melee combat and just spamming Divine Buster to my enemy). And, is it just me or do they make Nanoha too strong in this game ?

Also, Material-S is cute >w< (Dark nanoha / starlight destroyer(?) )

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 13:37   Link #23
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by goombas View Post
Thanks for the combo list.

I see what you mean by Dark Piece Hayate. I meant material-D at first, lol.

With close range Shamal, you cna't do it. Spam maybe two tornados with square, then go in close and EX Attack or just continue with square spam.
I'm tempted to try and translate some of the stuff on that wiki. Mostly the story related stuff since translating the game itself seems a bit difficult....
Spoiler for Someone was kind enough to translate the custom skills at least.:
Ick, Material-D is insane. I don't remember her actual talking at all because I was light headed from the lack of blood because deep voice Ueda Kana is hot, but Dark Piece Hayate is so cute.

Whenever I get around to Shamal in Arcade Mode, I'll try stuff. >__>;
Quote:
Originally Posted by uraguyduck2
has anyone tried downloading the DLmagazine Digital Nanoha from the PS Store yet?
Didn't get the Lyrical Box [might ask a friend to grab it if it's still stocked to see if I can get *cough* Fate oppai mouse pad], so can't help.

Hmm, the few Nanoha blogs I've seen haven't talked about it in detail.... Odd. Sorry. D:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
I can't help wondering why Yuuno and Arf aren't made playable. Are they despised that much by the makers? I mean, Yuuno maybe defensive but they could make him counter-centric a la ExDeath.
The Book of Darkness doesn't care about Yuuno and Arf, so no Dark Pieces of them. (/ω\)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
And, is it just me or do they make Nanoha too strong in this game ?

Also, Material-S is cute >w< (Dark nanoha / starlight destroyer(?) )
Nanoha is crazy, yeah. Signum in the hands of a player is scarier. So glad the computer isn't really smart with Signum. <_>;

There's already a Dark Piece Nanoha, plz don't confuse me using that term for Material-S. I like saying Material-S 'cause Nanoha is S anyway Starlight Destroyer is fine!

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 21:29   Link #24
uragayduck2

well, after one day of owning the game, i've gone through 4 characters stories already (Fate, Nanoha, Hayate, Vita, and currently on Signum), and i must say despite all the negativity of the game.....i really like it. sure it's not in depth or technical like Blazblue or as combo crazy, but darn it there's nothing like dishing out Divine Busters at point blank range. anyways, i felt like giving small thoughts of the game that i liked via list style:

-Vita's story was enjoyable out of everyone's so far (lol'd @ the post event of Zafira's battle)

-3rd round song for Fate's battles is the best battle song....EVER

-Fate's Material counterpart (can't remember the letter) is one of the coolest characters designed. didn't realize she had black tips on her hair, and the way she speaks is vastly different from Fate (Nazeeee?!.......so adorable). you so rock Mizuki Nana!
uragayduck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 23:36   Link #25
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
I cannot see Yuuno doing anything but binding his enemies and do some..melee ? Maybe he could team up with Arf to balance between range attack and melee attack...?

Well, it's not like he's that weak or something...it's just..from what I've seen in the anime, what he's done mostly in combat is basically binding the enemies to give Nanoha some time to do her attack (?). CMIIW

I can't imagine Yuuno to be someone like Exdeath....it's kinda...scary o.o; Especially to make a counter-based character in this game.
Well, I believe the TVTropers have discussed that, well, you can choke a *itch</meme> with chains, put a barrier in the right place for someone to dash headfirst into, etc. You could have Yuuno casting that barrier at three separate ranges like with the Shadow Fiend's Shadowraze from DotA. Of course, his fighting style would necessarily be quite different, but I suppose you could make a Lethal Joke Character from such a conceit.

T'was probably too much creativity and effort needed from the game-makers, though.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 23:39   Link #26
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uragayduck2 View Post
has anyone tried downloading the DLmagazine Digital Nanoha from the PS Store yet? i've tried inputting the code given with the game, but i'm getting nothing. upon further reading, i noticed the the date of Feb 2010. would it be available then or is it a special service they're having at that time for people who've downloaded this extra already? i'm hoping just having a JPN PSN account is sufficient enough to get this because it would be such a waste, especially since i saw a Nendo Fate and Hayate in the booklet.
I'm getting my Lyrical box tomorrow, can you tell me how you get access to Japan PSN?
goombas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 23:51   Link #27
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
Well, I believe the TVTropers have discussed that, well, you can choke a *itch</meme> with chains, put a barrier in the right place for someone to dash headfirst into, etc. You could have Yuuno casting that barrier at three separate ranges like with the Shadow Fiend's Shadowraze from DotA. Of course, his fighting style would necessarily be quite different, but I suppose you could make a Lethal Joke Character from such a conceit.

T'was probably too much creativity and effort needed from the game-makers, though.
I don't recall that being discussed on TVTropes as far as I can remember, but I do remember those exact tactics being mentioned on the Day in the Life fanfic. O.o
Old 2010-01-30, 00:51   Link #28
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

Just unlocked Material L! She talks like Touma from Minami-ke. lol
Old 2010-01-30, 01:18   Link #29
uragayduck2

Quote:
I'm getting my Lyrical box tomorrow, can you tell me how you get access to Japan PSN?
alright, i'll have to rack my brain a little to remember what i did (and i'll try and create a new one so i know what steps to explain). i'll go step by step for those who don't have one yet either and have literally no idea where to go.

*note before you start, have an email address you'd like to use for signing in for the future. and if you do have a PSN account already, you can't use the same email address for the Japanese one. one email account to one PSN account.

1) on the XMB, go to the Playstation Network section and choose Sign Up for PlayStation Network

2) choose Create a New Account (New Users), continue

3) under Country/Region of Residence, choose Japan. everything then changes into Japanese, so if you know a bit of Japanese things will be easier for you.

4) skip down to the section that says 生年月日 which is basically your birthday. that's right, lie to your hearts content because it's not like they'll check it out for real.

5) next choose the button that says 次へ to move on

6) next is the privacy policy. in other words, you're not going to read it at all especially in Japanese right? so while it's loading you may as well get the cursor ready and press down until the bottom buttons are highlighted or else you'll have to scroll down the whole policy. choose 同意する to move on.

7) hopefully you have an email address in this day and age because you'll need it now. the first section is the email address you'll use for being able to sign in so a real email will be needed. i created a new one specifically just for the PSN account so you don't have to really use it as a every day one. after you enter it, a notice will pop up so just choose OK.

8) the second section パスワード is the password you'll choose. you'll need at least 6 characters with one of them being a numerical number (ex nanofate2)

9) 3rd section is just a confirmation of the password from the previous step. the little check box below it is to remember the password.

10) 秘密の質問 = Secret Question . just for the sake of being easy, choose the top one which is "where were you born?". this time, you'll need to type in Japanese so good luck choosing one you'll remember if you don't know Japanese.

11) choose 次へ after you're done

12) if you did it right, you'll be taken to the next section which is choosing you're online ID. choose what you want, but keep these in mind (it's what the yellow text is sayin)
-has to be 3-16 characters. use hyphens ( - ) and underscores ( _ ) if you want to space
-don't use you're password as your ID.....i don't know who would but oh well
-don't share with anyone yadda yadda
-not sure the last bit, something about you can make the account only once and no changes will be allowed (don't take my exact wording for this though)

choose 次へ after you've got an available ID

13) it's time to make up stuff again. i think it's asking for your first and last name for the first two. the third one is what gender. choose 次へ when done.

14) next section is a doozy. only because it's asking for your address of where you live. but since we don't live in Japan, well.....time for make up your info time again. like i said before, they won't check and it doesn't matter. choose 次へ once you've had a blast believing you really live in Japan.

15) check the box confirming everything you've inputed. choose 次へ

16) it's reviewing everything you put in. not sure how to type the one you need to pick, but it's in the same place that you usually saw 次へ (the far right button at the bottom). and then.............

badabing. hopefully you got in because i was doing it at the same time as i was typing this. choose whatever was popped up, and then sign in (auto sign in if you know you're going to forget your ID and password).

so when you input the code whenever they make it available, go to the store, select the button that has 12 and a pencil next to it which is located at the top right of the screen. from there input the code that you find by scratching the area with the silvery stuff on the card that came with the game.

*phew* i think i've covered everything. hopefully this helps everyone. now let us all enjoy the Nanoha goody that awaits us......well, for those who can anyway

Last edited by uragayduck2; 2010-01-30 at 01:47.
uragayduck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 07:15   Link #30
Aaron008R

Hmm... Interesting... =3

I found these while browsing the Gamespot forums.
The translations are courtesy of Heavenwargod from the mentioned forums.

Spoiler for Nanoha's Skill Set:

Spoiler for Fate's Skill Set:

And what's this? Hayate's skills don't just include Norse Mythology?
Spoiler for Hayate's Skill Set:

I find it extremely ironic that most of Hayate's skills can be done WHILE moving when every bit of information about her skills given in StrikerS say, "Stand in one place and fire away."

Spoiler for Chrono's Skill Set:

Spoiler for Signum's Skill Set:

Only these are available so far. But it does make some more sense out of the game. :3

(Well, it's not like I have a PSP in the first place *mumblegrumble*)

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 22:32   Link #31
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Just unlocked Material L! She talks like Touma from Minami-ke. lol
YESSSSS. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Material-L. <23<3@<@<21@#<123<#33234 /dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
I find it extremely ironic that most of Hayate's skills can be done WHILE moving when every bit of information about her skills given in StrikerS say, "Stand in one place and fire away."
This made me so confused, but it's better than just hovering there firing away.

Or sucking people into the Book at cross range. ololol.
Quote:
Only these are available so far. But it does make some more sense out of the game. :3
I could try to translate the rest of the character profiles from here if you'd like. Though I'm no better than google translate, really.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2010-01-30, 22:58   Link #32
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

Just got my Lyrical Box today and found out two problems.

1) For some reason, my PSP is unable to read UMDs, Laser doesn't light up, spindle doesn't spin, need help to somehow fix this. T_T
2)
Spoiler:
Old 2010-01-30, 23:21   Link #33
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Would anyone like to explain basic plot? Why's Rein kicking around in this?
Old 2010-01-30, 23:51   Link #34
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

Plot takes place right after the end of A's, Reinforce survives, but the Book of Darkness is emitting dark fragments of the A's characters around and everyone is basically fighting to stop this.
Old 2010-01-31, 00:13   Link #35
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Oh. What're Rein and the fragments like? Character-wise?
Old 2010-01-31, 01:23   Link #36
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
Oh. What're Rein and the fragments like? Character-wise?
The real Reinforce is kind of emo from what I remember. She's always saying she's sorry for what's happening. iirc, you fight the real Reinforce with one of the characters in Story Mode because she's trying to finish the job herself. She's still cute, though. Oh gosh, every time she says "waga aruji", I lose a bit of blood.

Anyhoo, the dark versions vary. I kind of forget what some are like because my memory sucks, sorry. D:

Dark Piece Nanoha = .... is not much different from the real one from what I remember, lol.
Dark Piece Fate = Emo. srsly, she was going off about how she's always alone and stuff and I zzz'd. Buuut, Fate vs Dark Piece Fate is interesting because of that. When you Full Drive Burst against her, Fate even says "We're not alone." ;s
Dark Piece Hayate = Really friendly and thicker kansai-ben. It's so cute~
Dark Piece Chrono = Basically, what Chrono was like during A's as he was searching for info about The Book of Darkness.

The Wolkies are very different. They haven't met Hayate.

Dark Piece Reinforce = tbh, I don't remember much about her. I think she was a little sad because she didn't think she'd find a decent Master.
Dark Piece Vita = Think of berserk Vita from ep1 of A's. 200% Tsun.
Dark Piece Zafira = He's also insane like Vita. :s
Dark Piece Signum = I don't think she was much different from the real one.
Dark Piece Shamal = Er, she just seems sad. Don't remember much about her either. ~_~

iirc, Dark Piece Signum and Shamal realize that they're memory fragments in some characters' Story Mode. It's kind of sad because when you beat the Dark Wolkies, the character sometimes tells them how the future is bright because they have a kind master/go into slight detail about Hayate. Everyone tells the defeated Dark Pieces that they're just having a nightmare and it's time to sleep. Nanoha vs Dark Piece Hayate was sad, but cute....

Er, I'll just talk about this now since I'm sure you or someone else will ask about the Materials. The Materials are the defence program thing of The Book of Darkness. Made from the remains of The Book of Darkness, they're trying to bring the book back. They're very different from their counterparts.

Material-S = The Starlight Destroyer, she is Nanoha's counterpart. She represents Logic. Serious and polite.
Material-L = The Thunderblade Assailant, she is Fate's counterpart. She represents Power. Okay, so she's like Touma from Minami-ke when she speaks, lolol. She's very brash.
Material-D = The Ruler of Darkness, she's Hayate's counterpart. She represents "King" [being able to rule I guess?]. Not superior to the other two, so don't get confused. She's the polar opposite of Hayate minus kansai-ben iirc.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2010-01-31, 01:36   Link #37
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Alright, thanks both of you. I like the Wolkies and Rein a lot so I've really been dying to hear about the plot and characterization in the game.

Hopefully someone will do script translations eventually. Maybe on gamefaqs or something...
Old 2010-01-31, 02:04   Link #38
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
The real Reinforce is kind of emo from what I remember. She's always saying she's sorry for what's happening. iirc, you fight the real Reinforce with one of the characters in Story Mode because she's trying to finish the job herself. She's still cute, though. Oh gosh, every time she says "waga aruji", I lose a bit of blood.

Me too, arrg... You fight her with Signum at Stage before last. And with Hayate for practice in the first stage

Anyhoo, the dark versions vary. I kind of forget what some are like because my memory sucks, sorry. D:

Dark Piece Nanoha = .... is not much different from the real one from what I remember, lol.
Dark Piece Fate = Emo. srsly, she was going off about how she's always alone and stuff and I zzz'd. Buuut, Fate vs Dark Piece Fate is interesting because of that. When you Full Drive Burst against her, Fate even says "We're not alone." ;s
Dark Piece Hayate = Really friendly and thicker kansai-ben. It's so cute~
Dark Piece Chrono = Basically, what Chrono was like during A's as he was searching for info about The Book of Darkness.

The Wolkies are very different. They haven't met Hayate.

Dark Piece Reinforce = tbh, I don't remember much about her. I think she was a little sad because she didn't think she'd find a decent Master.
Dark Piece Vita = Think of berserk Vita from ep1 of A's. 200% Tsun.
Dark Piece Zafira = He's also insane like Vita. :s 200% GAR
Dark Piece Signum = I don't think she was much different from the real one.
Dark Piece Shamal = Er, she just seems sad. Don't remember much about her either. ~_~

iirc, Dark Piece Signum and Shamal realize that they're memory fragments in some characters' Story Mode. It's kind of sad because when you beat the Dark Wolkies, the character sometimes tells them how the future is bright because they have a kind master/go into slight detail about Hayate. Everyone tells the defeated Dark Pieces that they're just having a nightmare and it's time to sleep. Nanoha vs Dark Piece Hayate was sad, but cute....

Er, I'll just talk about this now since I'm sure you or someone else will ask about the Materials. The Materials are the defence program thing of The Book of Darkness. Made from the remains of The Book of Darkness, they're trying to bring the book back. They're very different from their counterparts.

Material-S = The Starlight Destroyer, she is Nanoha's counterpart. She represents Logic. Serious and polite.
Material-L = The Thunderblade Assailant, she is Fate's counterpart. She represents Power. Okay, so she's like Touma from Minami-ke when she speaks, lolol. She's very brash.
Material-D = The Ruler of Darkness, she's Hayate's counterpart. She represents "King" [being able to rule I guess?]. Not superior to the other two, so don't get confused. She's the polar opposite of Hayate minus kansai-ben iirc.

You forgot, EXCALIBURRRRRRRR
Responses in bold.
Old 2010-01-31, 02:45   Link #39
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Responses in bold.
Oi, practice thing doesn't count! zzz Chrono vs Fate. But I mean, Hayate vs Nanoha? I was wtf-ing the entire time, especially when Nanoha FDBs:

RH: Excelion Mode.
Nanoha: Hayate-chan, I won't lose! Starlight Breaker!
RH: Starlight Breaker.
Nanoha: Full burst!!

Yeah, dood, full burst SLB. Wtf. Just wtf. This isn't Nanoha vs Fate from S1. D:

And Dark Piece Vita hurt my ears. I can barely hear some of the other characters sometimes *COUGHSHAMALCOUGH* and then Vita has to be all.... loud. :|

So I guess Rin finally got Saber after all. Yeah, I don't really like Material-D. She scares me. Material-L ftw.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2010-02-01, 12:39   Link #40
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

So, it's February. Has anyone tried the download thing from Playstation Store yet?