AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa Movie Rating
Perfect 10 40 42.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-15, 06:21   Link #2001
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Up to you. I'm not that interested in another "high on my horse" lecture, to be honest.
Then let me be as diplomatic about this as I can. When you see the movie, you'll understand why I said that they sure made it LOOK like he died.

Until that point, you can kindly refrain from telling me I'm wrong about a movie you haven't even seen.

There, I look like a dick now. Happy?
Old 2011-04-15, 06:26   Link #2002
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Then let me be as diplomatic about this as I can. When you see the movie, you'll understand why I said that they sure made it LOOK like he died.

Until that point, you can kindly refrain from telling me I'm wrong about a movie you haven't even seen.

Apathetic. I got to deal with much bigger problems in RL at the moment than a minor hissy fit on a messageboard.

And I was basing the comment on observations by Kawamori. Of course there is always the possibility that the final animation didn't show the scene in the way Kawamori wanted it to.
Old 2011-04-15, 09:02   Link #2003
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

You two really need a room, you know?

Old 2011-04-15, 09:27   Link #2004
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
You two really need a room, you know?
Thanks, I already have a room and a mountain of books to read through. >.<
Old 2011-04-15, 09:31   Link #2005
erfine
hugs@Ranka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post

I suggest he first take a few years' worth of Japanese language classes first, because even when Japanese -> English translations are made available, they will never trump your first-hand movie-going experience. However, if you re-llink that super-helpful radical chart that you mentioned last time, I'm sure that you can speed up the process by a few years. Time to go understand this movie, one kanji character at a time.

And tbh, you didn't just look that way "now". But glad to see you're catching on.
Old 2011-04-15, 09:47   Link #2006
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Wow, you're getting competition, Magnus!

Old 2011-04-15, 09:48   Link #2007
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
And I was basing the comment on observations by Kawamori. Of course there is always the possibility that the final animation didn't show the scene in the way Kawamori wanted it to.
To be fair, Maggy, the fact that there were even questions and worries about Alto's folding or KIA that Kawamori even have to answer in the interview, you have to admit that it's pretty hard to say that scene shows the folding clearly. Not to mention that most of the audience seems to be very affected by the intenseness of the final battle /and moments (according to what I gather).

'Sides, I thought Yottchin has admitted that Alto did (or was it might have) fold(ed) in his second viewing. On the other hand, whether his VF blow up first before the folding or not... *insert Kawa's ambiguous smile*

Beto-dear, you know that their UST is unrivaled by everything, I say that both Maggy and Yottchin are doing a pseudo-flirting to make me wring my hair in frustration on whether or not they will confess in the end of the century, in shortest. /half jk

Old 2011-04-15, 09:52   Link #2008
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
On the other hand, whether his VF blow up first before the folding or not... *insert Kawa's ambiguous smile*
But Nat, you can see Ranka placing flowers at the VF at the end ^^ (Alto was standing on the Queen's palm when they folded - IIRC, he'd ejected )

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2011-04-15, 09:53   Link #2009
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfine View Post
I suggest he first take a few years' worth of Japanese language classes first, because even when Japanese -> English translations are made available, they will never trump your first-hand movie-going experience. However, if you re-llink that super-helpful radical chart that you mentioned last time, I'm sure that you can speed up the process by a few years. Time to go understand this movie, one kanji character at a time.

And tbh, you didn't just look that way "now". But glad to see you're catching on.
OUCH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
To be fair, Maggy, the fact that there were even questions and worries about Alto's folding or KIA that Kawamori even have to answer in the interview, you have to admit that it's pretty hard to say that scene shows the folding clearly. Not to mention that most of the audience seems to be very affected by the intenseness of the final battle /and moments (according to what I gather).

'Sides, I thought Yottchin has admitted that Alto did (or was it might have) fold(ed) in his second viewing. On the other hand, whether his VF blow up first before the folding or not... *insert Kawa's ambiguous smile*
Yeah, I guess I got a bit lost between "But Kawamori said so..." and "Hey, maybe he had to clarify the actual visuals of the movie".
Old 2011-04-15, 09:55   Link #2010
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
But Nat, you can see Ranka placing flowers at the VF at the end ^^ (Alto was standing on the Queen's palm when they folded - IIRC, he'd ejected )
Ouch, Karice, you got me there in my attempt to flame up YottchinxMaggy Foe-Yay!

(Oooh, I love your new avvy! <3 And glad to see you still alive after the busy uni days, now I can spam your VM~!)

Old 2011-04-15, 11:48   Link #2011
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfine View Post
Look. It's really tough for me to say, "Unless you SEE the movie, you don't know what the hell you're talking about, so STFU, okay?" because, quite frankly, that seems like an unfair thing to say.

It's true, but it's unfair. So cut me some slack, okay? I haven't said it until now, which I think shows a lot of restraint on my part.
Old 2011-04-15, 13:57   Link #2012
Thess

Let's not fight! Thanks to Yot-Chan, we got a lot of confirmations and news, after all.

Quote:
Yeah, I guess I got a bit lost between "But Kawamori said so..." and "Hey, maybe he had to clarify the actual visuals of the movie".
Maybe Kawamori will make some less vague hint of his survival in the BluRay. It wasn't just Yot-Chan who believed he was caught in the explosion.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2011-04-15 at 14:16.
Old 2011-04-15, 14:17   Link #2013
Dash_Hunter

Well, since Kawamori needed to explain the scene it means that many people interpreted it the same way Yot-chan did, but now that Kawamori told us what really happened we can stop this discussion, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Let's not fight!
Maybe Kawamori will make some less vague hint of his survival in the BluRay. It wasn't just Yot-Chan who believed he was caught in the explosion.
I would like that but I doubt they will add something to the BluRay/DVD, but who knows maybe he will make all those hints that he talks about more obvious or maybe not.
Old 2011-04-15, 15:05   Link #2014
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post
I would like that but I doubt they will add something to the BluRay/DVD, but who knows maybe he will make all those hints that he talks about more obvious or maybe not.
He retconned the earrings into Macross Zero already to make the Mao-Sheryl connection more clear (after people keep arguing against it/discussing it). Maybe he'll add Alto disappearing BEFORE the explosion takes place and then Sheryl opening her eyes (not just the mouth twitching or animate the concert in the end *shot* I can dream!). I don't think he'll add a whole new scene...

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2011-04-15, 15:33   Link #2015
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
He retconned the earrings into Macross Zero already to make the Mao-Sheryl connection more clear (after people keep arguing against it/discussing it). Maybe he'll add Alto disappearing BEFORE the explosion takes place and then Sheryl opening her eyes (not just the mouth twitching or animate the concert in the end *shot* I can dream!). I don't think he'll add a whole new scene...
Well, he added a few more seconds to some episodes of Frontier, when it came out on DVD/BD. Like to the death of Raramia. So it isn't out of the question.
Old 2011-04-16, 16:43   Link #2016
marce_chany
Rikuo x Tsurara 4 ever!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
If that was the case, then his reaction to the knowledge that he'd be kissing Ranka in the underwater scene wouldn't have been such a big deal to him. I mean, I can understand Ranka, but freaking out and blushing both times... that kinda gave away that he did find her attractive but would never admit it. A common response, whilst Sheryl doesn't get that same response. With the exception of Ep15.

Well I see from the point to be told to kiss a friend I would put something red on it Because I never thought, but then Alto took the thing with calm, such as "is something I have to do" apart if he wanted admit something to Ranka he had done!! but well yes he admititid something to ranka when he he admitiid that he could not match their feelings or maybe you are right he feels some atraction for ranka after all ranka is beautiful intelligent and for me one of the best singers of the galaxy ... but the women that he loves is Sheryl like he says it's not something that I invent.... he himself said

I'm confused now Kawamori says something about the final of macross? I meant what happend with alto ?
Old 2011-04-18, 06:41   Link #2017
moncikoma

He's done for.....along with sheryl..

And kawamori make it looked like there is hope..

A fake hope, I guess
Old 2011-04-18, 06:44   Link #2018
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncikoma View Post
He's dead along with sheryl..

but kawamori make it looked like there is hope..

A fake hope

Kawamori already confirmed in an interview that Alto is alive and Sheryl will wake up.
Old 2011-04-18, 06:52   Link #2019
moncikoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post

Kawamori already confirmed in an interview that Alto is alive and Sheryl will wake up.
let's just hope he's not lying...for the sake of MF fan..

good to know...that is good news...! but still ... nobody knows what will happen after that...>.<... we need a sequel

Last edited by moncikoma; 2011-04-18 at 07:10.
Old 2011-04-18, 14:34   Link #2020
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncikoma View Post
good to know...that is good news...! but still ... nobody knows what will happen after that...>.<... we need a sequel
We "can imagine the rest" according to him.

Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, movie, romance, science fiction, song