AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-07-21, 19:33   Link #721
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
The author doesn't put out novels in conventional one every 3 - 4 months pattern other LN authors do. He spends most of the year writing, and then the volume is released in parts about a month apart. First part of volume 5 comes out in a few months I think?
Next month actually. 5A is August release
Old 2012-07-21, 19:46   Link #722
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Do we know if it's going to be a two or three part novel yet?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 01:21   Link #723
Suiri Megami Alice
お兄ちゃんどいて! そいつ殺せない!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
That was earlier than I expected. With the anime adaptation and the blu-ray disk bonus novel, I thought it would take Kawakami a few more months to release the next volume.

Quote:
Do we know if it's going to be a two or three part novel yet?
It has 「上」 on it, meaning it is part 1.

If the next part is 「中」, then it'll be 3 parts. Otherwise, if 「下」, then it'll only have 2 parts.

From this numbering system, we can expect at least 2 parts, or 3 parts at most.
Old 2012-07-24, 16:44   Link #724
XxSleepyxX
Learner

Could someone tell me why Tenzou called Scarred master? I'm guessing shes important in part II?

Ah I just remembered something. Whatever happened to the other "knights" of musashi? Seems like nate is the only one mentioned.
Old 2012-07-24, 18:24   Link #725
sento

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSleepyxX View Post
Could someone tell me why Tenzou called Scarred master? I'm guessing shes important in part II?
Yeah, she's important.

But the whole Master Scarred is just a translation thing. Tenzou uses -dono with everyone (to sound ninja like), so he called her Kizuari-dono, and then her called him Tenzou-sama to be polite as well.
sento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 00:23   Link #726
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:

Ah I just remembered something. Whatever happened to the other "knights" of musashi? Seems like nate is the only one mentioned.
Nate is currently the only knight. And if she graduate there wouldn't be another for a while. Keep in mind that Musashi only has a token military.
(The teacher might have been a Knight once. There are likely many former knights in Musashi who simply haven't worked in years.)

And as for "master"... Think of it like calling everyone "Sir". Like if you are in a King Arthur movie. "Sir Lancelot", "Sir Percival ", etc. A ninja is suppose to be old-fashioned, so he speaks Ye Olde Japanese like he is in a renaissance fair.
Old 2012-07-27, 00:30   Link #727
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Nate is currently the only knight. And if she graduate there wouldn't be another for a while. Keep in mind that Musashi only has a token military.
(The teacher might have been a Knight once. There are likely many former knights in Musashi who simply haven't worked in years.)
If I remember the meeting Nate was at in S1, there was a few older ones, and a younger kid or two. But yeah Nate is probably the only knight that is at the age where she can take part in actual battle.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2012-07-28, 03:40   Link #728
Suiri Megami Alice
お兄ちゃんどいて! そいつ殺せない!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
If I remember the meeting Nate was at in S1, there was a few older ones, and a younger kid or two. But yeah Nate is probably the only knight that is at the age where she can take part in actual battle.
That seems to be the case. I remember the part where it was mentioned in the novel.

-----
"Adele, how many knights are in high school?"

"...Only Mitotsudaira-san."

Adele, making a troubled face,

"There are a total of 31 knights in Musashi but most of them are elderly, elementary or middle schoolers. Once we graduate, there will be a 4-year period of absence of knights. Compared to knights, we retainers are significant in number. There are like 6 retainers that are in high school."

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...e_1_Chapter_29
(or p249-250, v1B in the original book)
-----

Those old knights cannot participate because of the age restriction placed upon Far East.
About the middle schoolers, I've never seen them participate in the war (student contention) in the first season.
Perhaps they were put in reserve, or maybe it was part of the school rules that only high school students can participate. But right now I can't find the current listing of the rules.

Last edited by Suiri Megami Alice; 2012-07-28 at 04:02.
Suiri Megami Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 05:03   Link #729
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiri Megami Alice View Post
Those old knights cannot participate because of the age restriction placed upon Far East.
About the middle schoolers, I've never seen them participate in the war (student contention) in the first season.
Perhaps they were put in reserve, or maybe it was part of the school rules that only high school students can participate. But right now I can't find the current listing of the rules.
Frankly no one is cruel enough to actually demand middle-schoolers to fight on the front lines. I have no doubt that they are still in training and can't be relied on. The whole point of the 18 year restriction is that the soldiers don't get enough time to learn combat before they had to retire.

So far, Musashi isn't desperate.
Old 2012-07-29, 20:13   Link #730
black_cat1

I think we need not to worry about that because Toori will dominate the world (with his harem and friends ) and he will remove that age restriction for sure.
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 23:07   Link #731
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_cat1 View Post
I think we need not to worry about that because Toori will dominate the world (with his harem and friends ) and he will remove that age restriction for sure.
wasn't it mentioned that only Musashi has that age restriction?
Old 2012-07-29, 23:40   Link #732
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_cat1 View Post
So far, Musashi is still playing by the rules, mostly. They still have until the end of the year before they had to officially break the age restriction. They are still trying their best to obey Testament rules because they can use existing laws for political gain.
Old 2012-07-30, 04:18   Link #733
black_cat1

That mean the author will try to wrap up the story in one year, ie one year for Musashi to collect all Deadly Sin Armaments and became the superpower, then they will be the one to set rule for the whole world
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 12:57   Link #734
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
So far, Musashi is still playing by the rules, mostly. They still have until the end of the year before they had to officially break the age restriction. They are still trying their best to obey Testament rules because they can use existing laws for political gain.
just a guess but Musashi won't be the only ones who are trying to resolve this in one yr. If Musashi decide to break the age restriction after one yr, i will bet the other countries would feel a need to break it as well. Then the whole Testament would go out the window and everything becomes a free for all.
Old 2012-07-30, 15:51   Link #735
Dynellen

An anon at 4chan translated an episode 4 related infodump between Masazumi and Tomo during the bath.

"I bet right about now my father is in some serious meeting or something like that."
"Your dad seems like a serious person, doesn't he?"
"Judge. Ever since the Mikawa incident, it seems like he's been making an effort to change the way he acts towards me. Though lately, I think maybe he's been going a bit overboard."
"Can I ask what?"
"Judge," Masazumi replied, trying to think of things that had happened before the supply ship had crashed. She let out a relieved sigh.
"Like, he gets all nervous and fidgety whenever I come home. And he's all, 'I got tickets for this new anime movie from Konishi, do you want to go see it together?' and stuff like that all the time. It's obvious he's trying to get closer to me, but he ends up going all 'Las Casas, Protector of the Indians' and treats me like a child."
"It must be hard for him too, trying to figure out a way to connect with you," quipped Asama, pouring more water over her. Although she repeated it many times, Hanami kept opening and manipulating more signframes around them.
"Oh, right now, she's temporarily cancelling the contracts that you made when you were in Mikawa. Although Nagoya Castle exploded and took the Mikawa Shrine with it, when the new temple was transfered to the Musashi, those old contracts and the influence of the original shrine still remain. So, we have to cancel those old contracts and transfer them to us on Musashi."
"Will I still have the contract with the god of the place I was born?"
"The Asama Shrine has a partnership with the guardian deity of Mikawa, so that contract can remain how it was. The god you're contracted with won't change, we can set it so we'll be the ones through whom you negotiate instead.
"Although when you moved to Mikawa you became a contracted parishioner of our shrine, the original contract that was formed when you were born, before you had your cell phone, was still there, even if the level of protection it offered was weak."
"That sounds pretty complicated..."
"It is," she replied with a hint of strained amusement.
"The free protection provided from your guardian deity provides life support to your entire body through the hardpoints on your neck, shoulders, and hips. Even though you changed your parishioner contract to the Asama Shrine on Musashi, it's been weakened because the output of that support system is increased while Musashi is in flight and, in your case, because of interference from Mikawa.
That's probably the reason you're always feeling like you're starving."
"Oh! Well then, I wonder if I'll stop passing out in the street after this."
Masazumi felt as if everyone's eyes were fixed on her, but decided she was just being paranoid.
"Although this is a big contract, let's start with this free bonus: Asama's proprietary sunburn and dry skin protection! Since you're position forces you to spend a lot of time facing others, this should help you avoid any unfortunate problems."
"I've never really worried about that, but okay, I guess. What's next?"
"Right, your guardian and your parish, or to put it another way, the gods of the places where you were born and where you live--although the gods of the land are just gods of nature who have no names--you have the contracts for their protection. Now, before your maus contract, you can choose to form a personal contract with the god whom you want to worship. What do you want to do about it?"
"Is there a reason I have to do that before forming the maus contract?"
"The god you are personally contracted with, powerful named deities, allow you to negotiate certai abilities through their shrones. Since those gods can have certain special mauses, it's recommended that you form the personal contract first. At any rate, the fundamentals of a maus's motif are based on their god, and they serve as that god's symbol. But, in the case of guardian and parishioner contracts, since those are just gods of the land with no names, they don't have any special mauses. Therefore, if possible you should choose a personal deity to contract with first, as they have fundamentally different mauses, and afterwards you can choose a maus that is specialized to suit that god's strengths.
"...So you're saying that, in addition to gods of the land, there are also named gods that I can form a contract with?"
"Right," Asama replied.
"In the Far East, the gods are considered part of nature, and inhabit the land. The gods of heaven and the gods of earth are part of the environments of they hold dominion over, and exist inside the land and the sky."
Due to the planet's environmetal decay, many of the gods were abandoned, and the ones that had any power remaining were able to stabilize the environment and become the gods of the land. But that "stabilization" caused some to go berserk and upset their balance, and when humans returned from the heavens, the Far East, whose gods of the land had remained unharmed, was the only place they could land. Later, the Harmonic World was formed, although humans then ended up causing the Harmonic Unification War.
"We and the gods continue to work hard to appease the gods of the environment, but in the end we're just borrowing the space from them."
"Since they've turned themselves into ley lines, you could say that they've already become one with the world. Instead of saying that they have no names, it might be more to correc to say that they've reached a point where names are insufficient."
"I see," Masazumi said, as Hanami showed her a signframe. Displayed on it was an index of gods, arranging them all by name, ability, sex and rank, ancestors, etc...
"Why is it that when you arrange them by type you get 'crossdressing,' 'peeled back foreskin,' 'older sisters are fine too!' 'aggressive,' 'spread legs,' 'instant submissive,' 'thoughtful servant,' and other things like that?"
"Well, there are gods like that too. When it comes to classification, Shinto is very deep."
Maybe broad-reaching and shallow would be better than deep, thought Masazumi.
I wonder which one I should pick...
Dynellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 17:26   Link #736
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
just a guess but Musashi won't be the only ones who are trying to resolve this in one yr. If Musashi decide to break the age restriction after one yr, i will bet the other countries would feel a need to break it as well. Then the whole Testament would go out the window and everything becomes a free for all.
No, Musashi is the only country that HAS an age restriction. This is a deliberate handicap to punish them for the divine states unification war.
Old 2012-07-30, 18:14   Link #737
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
No, Musashi is the only country that HAS an age restriction. This is a deliberate handicap to punish them for the divine states unification war.
sorry i wasn't clear. I know Musashi is the only one with age restriction. I thinking about how if Musashi broke the age restriction, other country might start breaking other testament rules as well.
Old 2012-07-30, 19:04   Link #738
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
sorry i wasn't clear. I know Musashi is the only one with age restriction. I thinking about how if Musashi broke the age restriction, other country might start breaking other testament rules as well.
That's already happened. ODA has rebelled. The thing is, the other countries, just like Musashi, are obeying the Testament rules because there are benefits in doing so. Much like how in real life a country would try to stay in the UN for the political benefits. The School Festival, for example, is one of those things permitted by the Testament.
Old 2012-07-31, 13:46   Link #739
Bombo
TSF Fans

I want to ask which volume in the anime S2?
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 15:57   Link #740
Xacual

Volume 2. Volume 1 was covered by Season 1.

Tags
boobs, harem, history, mecha, political negotiations, science fiction, shounen