Notices

Old 2013-02-06, 14:13   Link #181
GDB

Better at what? Need specifics. =P
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 14:21   Link #182
Iron Maw
Banned

I mean better as a overall fighting unit (combat, stats, etc).
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 14:34   Link #183
GDB

Well, the most it'd change is:

Weapon availability (adds spears, but so would promoting to Great Lord)
Skill additions (every reclass has them)
Better growth (5% higher chance for an HP increase, otherwise same growths)
+2 Movement

That's all. The only benefit would be the +2 movement, but you'd get +1 from promoting ti Great Lord anyway. Plus, as Great Lord, you'd eventually get Aether and Royal Weapon, which are amazing skills.

As for end-game, well, you'd have to clarify Paladin or Great Knight or Bow Knight. For that, I suggest checking Serenes Forest.
Old 2013-02-06, 14:43   Link #184
Iron Maw
Banned

So, you really can't go wrong either way huh? Nice! Guess I'll stick with Lord then.

Thanks for the info.
Old 2013-02-06, 14:47   Link #185
GDB

Only way to go wrong would be to change him into an Archer early in the game. And that's mostly a financial thing, since having an unlimited use Falchion is amazing.
Old 2013-02-06, 15:59   Link #186
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I don't plan on playin someone elses 3DS XL when I got my own. :P
An account system is infinitely better. If you lose your current 3DS, everything you downloaded goes with it. If you had an account (with proper recovery safeguards), you can log in from another one and still have everything. If that were the case, I could consider downloaded titles, though I'd still be hesitant considering it'd be taking up physical SD space, and that fact that they currently cost the same as the boxed retail version.

I'm ok with Steam because I almost always get things cheaper than the retail version, the security is good, and installing a game takes up physical space regardless of digital or retail.

Also, this block system is retarded, they should've kept it in bytes like everything else in existence.
Old 2013-02-06, 16:16   Link #187
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Also, this block system is retarded, they should've kept it in bytes like everything else in existence.
Blocks are easier numbers than bytes and their ilk, and they're a better representation of storage space as the file size in bytes doesn't correspond to how much space it actually takes on the storage media.
Old 2013-02-06, 16:44   Link #188
Alchemist007
*Author

Numbers are numbers. Making a new system here is only frustrating. I might care more but the system doesn't even say what the download transfer rate is. But seeing shit downloaded in blocks per second would've flipped my shit. I'm just glad I'm only downloading demos that are (as per converted means), only a couple hundred mB in size. So I guess to some extent my dislike of the block system and downloading full games works out.
Old 2013-02-06, 18:59   Link #189
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Class change to Cavalier instead of upgrading to Great Lord? No way Jose. Cavalier gets pretty meh skills. Weapon Exp isn't as limiting as it is in other FE games; heck I've maxed Sword/Tome for Chrom/Avatar by chapter 6/5. Outdoor fighter is also meh, as it's only good when you ahve it on a high SPD character (which Chrom is just meh in growths in).

Upgrading to Great Lord gives you Aether though, which I can't say no to free healing. Support Block is VERY nice though in Lunatic, so if you really want Chrom to be mounted, I suggest going promote Great Lord --> get lvl 15 for Rightful King, THEN use your Second Seal to class change to Great Knight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
You get a magician in Chapter 3 or 4, Miriel.
But who do you pair her up with to improve that MAG stat? Liz who's your main healer? XD

You can't really wait till Chapter 5 in lunatic (the time you get a second mage), because that's one of the hardest Lunatic fights in the game (if not THE hardest) due to the hordes of Wyvern Riders that's hard to defend your squishies against.

Quote:
You likely won't end up using everyone anyway, so having a couple of stragglers (I've already decided Brady's likely getting benched harder than Kellam) isn't that big of a deal.
There's like max of 15 units in some maps IIRC, and children characters are better powergaming wise if you can train them due to inheritance. Like for example, Support Boost/Support Block/Heal Touch/Renewal/Pavise ultimate support healer. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 20:15   Link #190
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
But who do you pair her up with to improve that MAG stat? Liz who's your main healer? XD
You don't need to pair her up for magic. Most enemies at that point have like, 1 resistance max. Give her someone with speed or defense and she's gold (I paired her with Kellam early on).

Quote:
There's like max of 15 units in some maps IIRC, and children characters are better powergaming wise if you can train them due to inheritance. Like for example, Support Boost/Support Block/Heal Touch/Renewal/Pavise ultimate support healer. XD
Pavise... wtf is that haha. Oh, it's the General super block skill. Yeah, pretty nice set up. The real question is... what class? I'm aiming for Bride at the moment, but that won't be for a while, obviously.
Old 2013-02-07, 01:02   Link #191
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Miriel = BBA = Never use

Quote:
You people...

I could never buy a digital version of something for this system the way it's set up. Especially FOR THE SAME PRICE! There is no account system for this you know, your download is limited to your system only. They should really adopt an account system like Steam and Steam Guard. But the way it's set up, I'm already hesitant to buy the digital only games.
I buy the DL version if I can and have room. Saves the import money. Recently bought the DL version of Rune Factory 4.
Plus, the recent JP Yen to US Dollar ratio has improved, so converting my money doesn't cost so much now.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 09:43   Link #192
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Miriel = BBA
What does this even mean?

Quote:
I buy the DL version if I can and have room. Saves the import money. Recently bought the DL version of Rune Factory 4.
Plus, the recent JP Yen to US Dollar ratio has improved, so converting my money doesn't cost so much now.
Didn't the Japanese DL version just come out a couple of weeks back, despite the physical copy coming out a year or two ago?
Old 2013-02-07, 10:10   Link #193
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Numbers are numbers. Making a new system here is only frustrating.
It's not new. It's been around since the GameCube days.
Old 2013-02-07, 17:36   Link #194
Alchemist007
*Author

I guess you're right about that. I've never noticed since I never downloaded anything for it and my gamecube actually lasted only 6 months, and this was close to when it came out.
Old 2013-02-07, 19:02   Link #195
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen

does fire emblem awakening have new game plus. because i am half way through and i put it on normal and its way to easy. and i do not know if i should start over or not

- Guy Incognito 2014
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 19:17   Link #196
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I paired up my character with corelia she reminds me of hilde from sc4 and is easily the most beautiful female. Not to mention i like her and players cemestry in the conversations.
Old 2013-02-07, 20:15   Link #197
Simonsy

Quote:
You people...

I could never buy a digital version of something for this system the way it's set up. Especially FOR THE SAME PRICE! There is no account system for this you know, your download is limited to your system only. They should really adopt an account system like Steam and Steam Guard. But the way it's set up, I'm already hesitant to buy the digital only games.
When I bought a 3DSXL I was able to transfer my account from my original 3DS to that.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 20:19   Link #198
Simonsy

Btw have a question in regards to leveling.

I level up to 20, then promote, then level up to 20 again with master class.

Can I then use the second class thing and start over by leveling up again and thus be able to get MAX stats?

Cause looking at my current stats and max stats, I dont' see how its possilbe to get max stats unless you get near perfect levels every time.

I always thought max level is 40. But can I go for chrom example.
Lord (20)
great lord (20) thus (40)
reclass back lord, but stats stay
Lord (20) total (60)
great Lord (20) total (80)

and so on as long as I like?
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 21:19   Link #199
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovahkyon View Post
does fire emblem awakening have new game plus. because i am half way through and i put it on normal and its way to easy. and i do not know if i should start over or not

Nope, which I'm honestly really surprised about at this point. 14 games and this feature is still not included?
Old 2013-02-07, 21:48   Link #200
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Nope, which I'm honestly really surprised about at this point. 14 games and this feature is still not included?
It wouldn't work because of how FE game mechanics are structured. You are given a set amount of characters and are expected to accumulate stats and gear in a limited amount of time (i.e. the story Chapters; FE normally does not have random battles for grinding like Sacred Stones and this game do).

The enemies are also designed to have stats and growth that mirror the general (expected) level of your overall party because of the limited number of chapters and therefore limited amount of EXP for levels. If you carry over stuff like unique or Silver weapons with high MT or stats, you would overpower everything.

What post-first playthrough unlockables FE games DO have however is higher difficulty (Hard for older games, Lunatic+ for the New Mystery of the Emblem remake and this game), CG viewer, sound test, and for this game specifically, Fame carryover, Support conversation viewer, and Avatar and bonus characters for hire with gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovahkyon View Post
because i am half way through and i put it on normal and its way to easy.
You're playing on Normal. You expect a challenge on the lowest difficulty?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, fire emblem