AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2014-06-30, 23:25   Link #301
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

For the month of July, there's a coupon on Smashwords for a *free* copy of the ebook in whatever reader format you like for the first volume of the series. Special deal for Animesuki readers. Coupon is usable on July 1, 2014 - July 30, 2014.

It Really IS Rocket Science, Volume One - A Rock'n'Roll Fantasy

Your coupon code is NY48A (not case-sensitive) to get the 100% discount.

Promotional price: $0.00
Coupon Code: NY48A
Coupon Expires: July 30, 2014

Formats include nearly every format available (mobi, epub, pdf, rtf, online reader). Read the series in the polished form sold at retailers. Write me a review on Amazon, Goodreads, Smashwords, wherever. Good or bad.
Old 2014-07-03, 02:30   Link #302
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Once Volume 3 is on the shelves, I'll be having some contests to give away the 3 book series in paperback to a few people. More info on the event after I finish draining the swamp and stomping alligators. Likely 1st week of August.

caption: Glycerin blinks under the photo flashes of paparazzi

Glycerin is bashful during the Tokyo photo shoot in volume 3 or IRIRS.

For more silliness, if you're on Facebook you can watch the characters post on their own band page (https://www.facebook.com/itreallyisrocketscience).

For the month of July, there's a coupon on Smashwords for a *free* copy of the ebook in whatever reader format you like for the first volume of the series. Special deal for Animesuki readers. Coupon is usable on July 1, 2014 - July 30, 2014.

Formats include nearly every format available (mobi, epub, pdf, rtf, online reader). Read the series in the polished form sold at retailers. Write me a review on Amazon, Goodreads, Smashwords, wherever. Good or bad.

Last edited by Vexx; 2014-07-04 at 17:39.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 23:41   Link #303
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've seen a small pack of books sold AKA given away via Animesuki coupon. Thanks and I'd certainly appreciate any reviews given on Amazon, Goodreads, Smashwords, or even your own blog.

Volume 3 "Go Go Godzilla" (the Japan tour and aftermath) is submitted to the pub. for final approval. I might actually have a set of prototypes by the end of next week - hope.

I'm going to make several posters using the Glycerin and Tsika photo shoots. A couple of fan club posters and a few "rock tour" posters such as the band might actually produce. Those will be be given away in contests and likely be available for purchase otherwise. A fan club poster might look something like this:
Old 2014-07-22, 00:55   Link #304
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I now have the first three volumes of the Rocket Science series available in paperback at Amazon. The first two are Kindle-ized and working on the third. Other formats will come in August (Nook, Kobo, etc).
I won't *give* books 2 and 3 away to AS members but I will put out Smashword coupons of "enormous discount". Those two volumes are about 1.5x times the length of the first volume.

Again, what I'd really love are reviews on Amazon, Goodreads, Smashwords, B&N, etc.

For more silliness, if you're on Facebook you can watch the characters post on their own band page
(https://www.facebook.com/itreallyisrocketscience).

For the month of July, there's a coupon on Smashwords for a *FREE* copy of the ebook in whatever reader format you like for the FIRST VOLUME of the series. Special deal for Animesuki readers. Coupon is usable on July 1, 2014 - July 30, 2014.

Last edited by Vexx; 2014-07-22 at 01:11.
Old 2014-07-28, 13:38   Link #305
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Just finished being part of an author/book/publisher festival in Portland, Oregon on the very square where Blar first sees Tsika in Volume One.
I was fine with the results. I made more money than I spent (aka I sold books and each sale was someone buying all 3 books). I had several ebook folks take my cards for buying Kindle versions.
Lessons learned -
1) really need to run my own tent. My tent host (a children's book author) was very nice and we had a good time chatting but walking around informed me that having one's own stall helps focus the message.
2) I need ebook QR code cards for ebook sales. They could double as bookmarks.
3) Tune my pitch - the dark comedy with romance seems to be a winning angle.
4) Provide information boards with the pitch and genre in writing.

It was amusing to watch people react to the images. With very few exceptions, the guys stopped dead in their tracks, mesmerized by Mamiko and Elisanth modeling as Tsika and Glycerin on the book covers and the big poster. It was also amusing that the women they were with dragged them away. This is sad because the story I find appeals to women at least as much as men. Need to work on my sign verbage about genre.

The band has a FaceBook page (run by Kpau):
https://www.facebook.com/itreallyisrocketscience
however, given FB's Mafia style crush of NOT delivering posts to followers unless I pay money - I plan to implement the band their own website over the next couple of months. Doing the page is fun - it's like a collection of micro-stories with each band member posting about something or linking to something that gets their attention, like Kpau getting excited over the Portland Naked Bike Tour (yes, people drive around town on a route .. naked).

My part of a booth:

Me:

(photo by Daniel Larsen)

For the month of July, there's a coupon on Smashwords for a *FREE* copy of the ebook in whatever reader format you like for the FIRST VOLUME of the series. Special deal for Animesuki readers. Coupon is usable on July 1, 2014 - July 30, 2014.

Old 2014-07-29, 15:01   Link #306
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Just a heads up. For August, I'll put out Smashwords discount coupons for volume 2 and 3. I won't *give* it away but it'll be a Very Large Discount for Animesuki readers.

I'm kind of impressed with the number of people who have taken me up on the coupon for the first book. I'll ask that everyone please write reviews over on Amazon, Goodreads, Smashwords, or wherever you might like to put a review for a book.

Old 2014-07-30, 12:36   Link #307
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This is the last day of my 100% coupon for the first volume of the book series.
Visit Smashwords for a *FREE* copy of the ebook in whatever reader format you like for the FIRST VOLUME of the series. Special deal for Animesuki readers. Coupon is usable on July 1, 2014 - July 30, 2014.

I'm working on the Smashwords ebooks for volume 2 and 3. As I said yesterday, I'll deeply discount them for Animesuki readers when they're released. What I'm interested in getting from you guys are reviews on the various sites like Amazon, Goodreads, and such. Even just a single sentence - honest review, what you liked or didn't like.

Frankly, it's the buzz level that gets me more exposure to more eyeballs. Same goes for social channels. Connect and share. I'm on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Wordpress,Blogspot, even Diaspora and VK. Search for "BHBranham" and that will usually do it.

Old 2014-08-05, 08:25   Link #308
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Okay, I'm relatively impressed. Thirty people took me up on my Animesuki 100% off coupon. I'm working on the ebook releases of Volume 2 and 3 this week. When those appear on Smashwords, I'll have heavy discount coupons as well for AS members. I'd appreciate any reviews on Amazon, Goodreads, Facebook, B&N, Kobo,etc.
Old 2014-08-23, 20:58   Link #309
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Haven't posted a video in a while. Here's the band somewhere inside the upcoming Volume 4. Oh, if you have a Facebook account, I'm having a 3 book giveaway contest on my author page ( https://www.facebook.com/bhbranham ). To enter, simply like the post and SHARE the post on your page. I swear that is pretty basic to all FB contests and it seems to just be far too complicated for about a 1/3 of the audience. Hell, there's a European contest for a book running and they want the entrants to write an ENTIRE PARAGRAPH to enter about where they would read the book. And ... they're getting entries. At this point, I'm thinking about shifting my market focus to Europe where they still read books.
My sales are actually doing pretty well -- it is simply the case that I have to get them to open the book. I am thinking about making the first volume ebook perma-free since I have the other two on the shelf now.
Enough blathering - watch the video and see if you can spot what is different about the characters.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-09-05, 21:58   Link #310
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

As I've said, I've been restructuring my old outline for volume 4 to synchronize it with the way events actually transpired in volume 1-3.
Also been scribbling down snippets of meat to fill the lattice with. The first few chapters are in Hawaii. So yeah ... Hawaii. Some pics to follow later once I clip and snip.
Tee and Gee at the beach -- photo by Gee.

Tee's vodka Tonic

Heavy metal rock formation

More to come.
Old 2014-09-25, 17:51   Link #311
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

My Tsika model Mamiko took this pic and sent it to me. She said she thinks she drives better than Tsika does. I pointed out that a selfie while driving negated that assertion

Old 2014-10-08, 02:25   Link #312
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

So, of course while I'm trying to get the Kindle edition of volume 3 out, and start volume 4, and work on preproduction of a photo shoot with Mamiko ... I get these idea bubbles for short stories shorting my brain out.

Stupid brain.

I stayed up all night last night and wrote the first one in one go of it. It's a story about Kpau, in the years between her being orphaned and her leaving for California.

Still touching it up. I'll release it here ... eventually I think I'll collect the short stories and make them part of a volume, rather like you see in Japanese light novel series. Not really Omake but stuff that didn't fit into the main story.

Some random pics from FB for those who don't use it. Mamiko is teaching me Polish while I help her with English. I'm a much worse student than she is. Visit her Tumblr at http://mamikoyoko.tumblr.com/
Mamiko for a clothing photoshoot.

Testing circle amber contacts, for Tsika

We've agreed this should be part of the "volume 4" Tsika stage garb.

I'll post the short story tomorrow after a few more edits.

I call it "Duck! Rabbit! Duck! -- A Love Story"
Old 2014-10-08, 16:57   Link #313
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

A Short Story in IRIRS: "Duck! Rabbit! Duck! - A Love Story

Story spoilered (because I'm tired of trying to use the right tag and having it throw up on a diacritical mark).

Spoiler for Short Story: Duck! Rabbit! Duck! - A Love Story:

I have a little pile of short story synopses ... just stuff that doesn't fit in the main series. I may collect them and put them in as part of a future volume. For now, I'm using them as "free" writing examples, previews, backstories for fans, etc.
Old 2014-10-21, 09:15   Link #314
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Writing this week ... here's a "volume 4" video of the band doing an Offspring cover. Kpau looks hilarious in her "Princess Peach" hairstyle and aviator glasses.

YouTube
Old 2014-11-25, 01:55   Link #315
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've written three more short stories. Each covers a portion of the early days of Tsika and Glycerin.

The first one tells the story of when the two women first meet. It's really dark, far darker than one might think from the references to it made in the main series. It just made sense when I wrote it. I'll post it tomorrow. Violence and (implied) rape triggers.

The other story is much lighter, telling the tale of the two women getting their first tattoos.

The third story is a mix of humor, romance, and sadness. It covers Tsika's first romance. The "nice boy" she mentions to Blar in volume two.

I'll post the stories spaced out over Thanksgiving break.

Old 2014-11-25, 19:20   Link #316
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

A Short Story in IRIRS, Flashback: "Even Longer"

I'm going to release these drafts of the collection of short stories one every few days.

This first tale tells of the time Tsika first met Glycerin and how they became friends. It was a dark period for the two women but as readers know - it got better.
Trigger Warning: extreme violence, attempted rape (ambiguous), profanity.

Spoiler for "Even Longer" , A short story in the IRIRS Universe (a flashback):

Last edited by Vexx; 2014-11-26 at 00:52. Reason: formatting
Old 2014-12-14, 04:16   Link #317
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hi, I'm may just post the stories on my blog and link them from here. Reduces my work load in posting and gives me better format control. We'll see how that goes.

I have a total of four short stories now, one about Kpau, and 3 about Tsika and Glycerin. I am also well into the detail editing of Volume 4 chapter 1 and 2..

Have a Christmas tune from the Rocket Science band, covering Shine by Collective Soul. This video also provides a detailed preview of how the band starts appearing in Volume 4. Yes, Tsika's twin tails are missing - events in the story. Glycerin's hair is androgynous though she keeps her half-curtain for security blanket. Kpau adds a few tattoos.

You can keep up on Facebook at my author page or the band's Official FB Page.
My main author blog is at http://bhbranham.blogspot.com and I'm on nearly every social channel as "bhbranham".

YouTube
Old 2014-12-16, 01:00   Link #318
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Newest short story is now posted on my blog.

You can reach the short story directory page at this link ->
Flashback! Short Stories From The Teen Years

If you're caught up, the latest story is called "Spider's Gift", relaying the events around Tsika's first romance while still in boarding school with Glycerin.
Flashback! - Spider's Gift

The stories should be read in the order in which the page displays them.

Old 2014-12-23, 01:28   Link #319
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Newest short story is now posted on my blog. There are now four separate short stories available to read, one about Kpau and three about Tsika and Glycerin.

You can reach the short story directory page at this link ->
Flashback! Short Stories From The Teen Years

1) "Duck! Rabbit! Duck! - A Love Story"
2) "Even Longer" (how Tee and Gee first meet)
3) "Spiders and Snakes" (how Tee and Gee get their first tattoos)
4) "Spider's Gift" (the tale of Tsika's first romance, still in high school)

The stories should be read in the order in which the page displays them.

I am in very rough draft stage on the first 4 or 5 chapters of Volume 4. I've let the ebook version project of volume 3 drag out too long and need to finish and publish that pronto.

All in all, I'm not doing too badly -- I have over 2600 followers on Facebook and stopped worrying about Twitter or Google+ follower counts. I'm selling in spurts. If you've read the stories (free or purchased) and like them, tell your book-reading friends. I think the story should appeal to anyone who likes rom-coms in anime as it has a seinen/shoujo flair to it.

I'll be truthful - the "harem" set up is a trap. At its heart, the tale is about two life companions - Tsika and Glycerin. Starting from Blar's point-of-view was the best way to introduce them. Originally, I was going to tell the entire tale from Tsika's point-of-view but quickly found that far too limiting.
Old 2014-12-30, 01:53   Link #320
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Over on the FB page that the band "It Really IS Rocket Science" runs, the band members post on a daily basis. Here's a recent post by Glycerin:

https://www.facebook.com/itreallyisr...30490747230268
Glycerin lightly types late at night.
Our cake only looks like this if our meds are way bloody off.
Just joking, we don't hallucinate we just gets manic or depressed. Did I do the joke well? We have such trouble making funnies. Kpau and Blar always have me in the giggles, we try to serve some back but we thinks they chuckle more at our bad delivery than the joke. &^(

Tags
comedy, drama, light novel, music, romance