AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

View Poll Results: Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 3 6.12%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 8.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 34.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 18.37%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 14.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 10.20%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 4.08%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.04%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.04%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-04, 23:23   Link #21
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

I was rather surprised at how much they covered in the first episode, it's practically the entire volumes 1-7 of the manga, and technically the first season of the anime rolled into one episode, minus the filler sequences of course.
Based on how this episode was structured, the series should slow down from here on.
As for comparison between the old and the new, they both have their strong points, so I can't say that one is superior to the other, at least as of now.
But I definitely enjoyed it.
Old 2013-07-04, 23:29   Link #22
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I will say they had the pedal down for this episode . Makes sense since they want to get people up to speed more or less without having to spend several episodes getting there. It was going to feel a bit crazy of course just covering all of that so I can't say how much new people will be able to make sense of it.

But will say Suigintou looked awesome . The wings just look too damn cool.

Man life as Hina sucked hard. Left alone a lot and then boom...got body-jacked.

Since it will slow down going forward I'm fine with it. They had to choose some kind of approach. And in an age where you can't get a lot of episodes easily I'm not surprised they didn't just restart the whole thing and go slowly from there.

Regardless they are back and I'm more than happy about that .
Old 2013-07-04, 23:33   Link #23
QueenNori

Kirakishou's voice creeps me the fuck out. Good.
Old 2013-07-05, 00:23   Link #24
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Good god that went fast and wild. It'll make sense for most who have seen the animated series before but I doubt it'll make a whole lot a of sense for everybody else. Heck I can't even remember half of what I was watching.

And the ironic thing is that this time, I find Suiseiseki more bearable than Hina. It was the other way around in season 1 and Traumend.
Old 2013-07-05, 00:23   Link #25
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

They finally back! Even though that recap was quite messy.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Old 2013-07-05, 00:29   Link #26
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

the recap is for There are people who, although have already seen the first season we forget some thing is just to remind us of the event
Old 2013-07-05, 00:31   Link #27
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
And the ironic thing is that this time, I find Suiseiseki more bearable than Hina. It was the other way around in season 1 and Traumend.
^This. Although Hina's design is ridiculously adorable in this version, I just wanted her to shut up for a majority of her lines in this episode. -_-;
Old 2013-07-05, 00:56   Link #28
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
^This. Although Hina's design is ridiculously adorable in this version, I just wanted her to shut up for a majority of her lines in this episode. -_-;
I have to agree with this even though I still like Hina.
Old 2013-07-05, 00:57   Link #29
mac_pack

Location: On top of Mount Slecka in the valley of Raccon Don O.
Well that re-cap was all kinds of fucked up, but it doesn't matter. After 7 years, 7 long years, my queen hath returned!

Spoiler for All hail the regal glory that is Suiseiseki:

DESU, motherfuckers
Old 2013-07-05, 01:11   Link #30
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Desu indeed sir.
Old 2013-07-05, 02:12   Link #31
jedinat

It's been years and years since I saw the original anime... didn't realize this was supposed to be a recap until I came to this thread. I'll still complain: This episode was crap, an absolute mess of a plot dump... Going in I was thinking it was going to be a reboot, which I thought might be nice. I wasn't a huge fan of the original show and thought maybe they could do better this time around. Oh well. I probably won't bother with this season.
Old 2013-07-05, 02:23   Link #32
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

That was absolutely horrible. I assume they recapped the previous seasons or something of that sort, but everything went by SOSOSO fast, even I started getting lost. But well, I'm glad this anime kind of spoke directly to the audience:
"If you never watched this anime before/kept up with the manga, don't even think about starting now"
Kind of like with the recent Hayate, but damn, that sure makes it easy to decide on whether to continue watching or not.

But the animation itself was fluid and AliPro did the OP as usual. Not that I could enjoy the animation when this... thing (@episode content) was making me ( ̄д ̄)エー
Oh, and I'm sure it has already been said, but why animate this old series now?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2013-07-05, 02:37   Link #33
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Oh, and I'm sure it has already been said, but why animate this old series now?
The same question could be asked for a lot of other anime that get reboots/re-imaginings/late continuations. The recent Evangelion movies are a good example. "Why do this now?" Everyone has different reasons (the most common ones probably being funding and interest levels). For RM, perhaps someone really wanted to see this done, but couldn't get the legal and/or financial issues worked out until recently? Who knows.
Old 2013-07-05, 03:09   Link #34
Bern-san

I know this has been said, but they didn't recap the previous 2 seasons, they made a super condensed version of the 8 volumes of the first manga series. Forget everything about Traumend.

Loved the OP, like the new designs and looking forward to the start of the second manga series next episode.
Old 2013-07-05, 03:14   Link #35
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
It's my first time seeing the series and my head hurts;.... but since they're cute (and creepy) I'll bare with it....
Old 2013-07-05, 04:00   Link #36
Mubyoshi

Hooray for the return of Rozen Maiden! And I still feel incredibly sorry for Hinaichigo, honestly didn't want to see her get "eaten" again.
Old 2013-07-05, 04:45   Link #37
StainGlass

What an awful way to start the anime. Maybe give some proper set-up first with some decent characterization, plot points and a bit of interest, then take a step back and recap the previous events? If this was the first time I was introduced to the series, I would not be back!

I've read the manga but even I was getting thrown off, brain does not compute that fast.

As for the animation, it was ok. I still prefer the stronger style of the Nomad anime, but I was pleasantly surprised the detail of these drawings held together for the most part, except for Suiseiseki? Why do her drawings and dress in particular look so formless?

One thing I'm disappointed with so far (the train-wreck recap storytelling aside) was the music. I wasn't expecting it to be that different, and nothing made much of an impact on me.

Going to put the series on hold for a few weeks so I can get through some proper story in bulk. Found the beginning of the Tales manga a bit dull to be honest.
Old 2013-07-05, 04:49   Link #38
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well that was very messy , definitely this is for manga readers.
New people should watch 1st season & more in the manga until the current event.
You can also watch season 2 for the lulz.
Old 2013-07-05, 04:50   Link #39
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Wow, they like jammed like the whole first season of Rozen of Maiden and more into that one episode. Not good!

It was just hard to watch or know what the hell was going, luckily I already watch the first and kind of knew what was going on, but for new comers they probably where like wtf is going on here.

Oh man is Shinbo animated this?! I'm not a big fan of his way of animating anime.
Old 2013-07-05, 05:10   Link #40
Horse

I read the manga regularly and (?unfortunately?) like the first anime series. This episode was a very cheap way to get to the 2nd manga series. The writing and direction lack confidence or style. Kirakishou's introduction should've probably been the biggest part of this episode and yet I went just "meh" on her scene. It had absolutely no impact, just like the other dolls' rushed entrances/exits.

Yes, I realize this is "just" a recap for the first manga (I am probably bitter about them ignoring the first anime series) and the next episode will be the real test but this was just teh snore.

The photoshopped background photos annoyed the shit out of me as well. And those single comedy panels... UGH.

The most surprising thing though, as stated above, was the understated music. To be honest they shouldn't have gotten ALI PROJECT, myu or Shinkichi back for this one because it is obviously not the same show anymore.

Ep1: Blargh as expected.
Closed Thread