AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2008-11-25, 14:19   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

To Aru Majutsu no Index - Character Discussion - Index

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Index related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all To Aru Majutsu no Index fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Last edited by NightWish; 2008-11-29 at 21:56.
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 20:30   Link #2
Kaiji

Anyone have any clue how old she is?? She acts so darn young and annoying at times, yet I thought there was reference to her being a grown up. Any thoughts?
Kaiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 20:31   Link #3
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiji View Post
Anyone have any clue how old she is?? She acts so darn young and annoying at times, yet I thought there was reference to her being a grown up. Any thoughts?
It's hasn't been told... not even in the novels, it seems...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 20:52   Link #4
Kaiji

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
It's hasn't been told... not even in the novels, it seems...
Ahhhh ok I thought they made some reference to her being like a few hundred years old...but that doesn't seem to fit the feel of the show. Cool ty.
Kaiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 10:18   Link #5
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Everytime I see her picture while surfing AS , I always hear he say "Touma" echoing in my head.It's cute and annoying at the same time.
Spring_sakura111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 09:53   Link #6
ken_FF
剱冑の理、ここに在り

Send a message via Yahoo to ken_FF
Bring back the glory to Index ...T_T
ken_FF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 10:36   Link #7
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken_FF View Post
Bring back the glory to Index ...T_T
Someone named Index existed...?!

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-12-18, 14:53   Link #8
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Index...who is that? I remember there was a heroine somehwere in the beginning but she was gone after that... Biri Biri all the way.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 15:54   Link #9
Used Can

I'd really like to see Index go ballistic at some point, and start blasting the hell out of everyone with the magic in those grimoires. It'd be fun to see the Daemon God that Stiyl talked about.

It's a bit sad, seriously. I think the 103000 grimoires deal could have been source of great development for the plot and some characters. I'll find it disappointing if the author just throws it all in one volume - which, at this point (16 volumes into the story), seems quite likely.
Old 2008-12-18, 18:17   Link #10
ken_FF
剱冑の理、ここに在り

Yeah, It's disappointing how Kamachi Kazuma exclude Index from the main parts of the past volumes T_T
Old 2008-12-18, 21:06   Link #11
typhonsentra

Wait, Index is permanently dropped from the main story from here on out? What the hell, why's her name in the title?
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 06:37   Link #12
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Wait, Index is permanently dropped from the main story from here on out? What the hell, why's her name in the title?
-Not "completely" dropped out, at least...
-Ask the author...

Old 2008-12-19, 08:21   Link #13
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
She is not dropped out completely... But her role is not important at all. You just forget about her. Its like Tenma from SR where she was main heroine but was soon outclassed by side characters and became side character herself.

As to why her name... Who knows? Probably author doesn't know that as well. Maybe because the series where named when the first volume took place and there index was heroine still.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 09:13   Link #14
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

can she use the spells after the unlocking of the memory incident thing?
kingsky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 17:43   Link #15
ken_FF
剱冑の理、ここに在り

As of now, not yet :/

Or, its a possibility that she is able to but she's not aware of it.

But she does use some jamming spells like "Spell intercept" and "Share all Fear".

Maybe in the future volumes...?
Old 2009-01-31, 20:15   Link #16
Index92

It's really dissipointing that she isn't much in the anime after the first couple eps. They should have just named it To Aru Majutsu No Touma xDD
Index92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 21:31   Link #17
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Index92 View Post
It's really dissipointing that she isn't much in the anime after the first couple eps. They should have just named it To Aru Majutsu No Touma xDD
Nay, if that happens then the whole serie's name won't have any meaning. Note the reason why the series is named "To Aru Majutsu no Index" is because when you transliterate that into English it becomes "A Certain Magical Index." Is there any reason to rename the series into... "A Certain Magical Touma?"

Back to Index, well, too bad the novel's nature of having its own plot per every few volumes kept the series from being too centered on Index and Touma. Index will somehow come to light back again in the later volumes I suppose. And the anime's current season, I think, won't let us have it...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 04:01   Link #18
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Index would be a more interesting character to me if she had more abilities to benefit Touma like Mikoto has. It's irritating to see her constantly protected by someone who barely can, then watch him hospitalized (THREE TIMES??) only to bite him up.

She's not a very religious nun, but I'd like to learn more about her past because she like the other magicians is quite mysterious. Touma himself prior to his brain damage was quite mysterious as well.
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 04:42   Link #19
ken_FF
剱冑の理、ここに在り

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
Index would be a more interesting character to me if she had more abilities to benefit Touma like Mikoto has. It's irritating to see her constantly protected by someone who barely can, then watch him hospitalized
Index HAVE supportive abilities in battle. It's just Touma who doesn't tell Index about the trouble he's in, mainly because he doesn't get a chance to tell her or he
tries to keep Index away from trouble.
Old 2009-02-02, 05:03   Link #20
Bordix

Considering her role on this series, They should really rename this to "A certain Unlucky Touma", although I don't think that his "that" unlucky.

Well, actually I kinda like her minor role, gives more space for other characters

Quote:
Index would be a more interesting character to me if she had more abilities to benefit Touma like Mikoto has. It's irritating to see her constantly protected by someone who barely can, then watch him hospitalized (THREE TIMES??) only to bite him up.

She's not a very religious nun, but I'd like to learn more about her past because she like the other magicians is quite mysterious. Touma himself prior to his brain damage was quite mysterious as well.
She should put her ability to good use.....wait, what was that ability of hers again?...oh yeah, that was perfect memorization. That ability would really help others, like she can ....ugh...uhhh....

Quote:
Index HAVE supportive abilities in battle. It's just Touma who doesn't tell Index about the trouble he's in, mainly because he doesn't get a chance to tell her or he
tries to keep Index away from trouble.
Touma should stop solo'ing all those bosses and let index help him. It should make his life easier and can lessen his hospital bills. I wish she would use that grimoire magic of hers again, I recalled there were so destructive

oh yeah, is she currently wearing the "walking church" or normal clothes? sorry can't tell the difference