AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-10-25, 01:39   Link #17561
Nijiru

I still think there's something wrong with your master file.
Part 1: "If we could." Wendi laughed. "We've been trying to make stuff on our own, but everything we've been doing at home keeps reminding us of Ginga."[/QUOTE] Never mind, got fixed while I read part two.
As for Mach Calibur, I thought it was because the magic style is New Belkan, as opposed to Ancient Belkan like the Wolkenritter.

Page Claim: For awesome stories!
Nijiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 02:12   Link #17562
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Hmm.

Crossposting from OCT for anyone that cares.

Spoiler for Goodbye:
Old 2009-10-25, 02:19   Link #17563
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
BWAHAHAHAHA

After a long Haitus. It returns! the Epic thriller of Jail's innocent and pure first love!

(Disclaimer: The following part does not actually include Jail)

Spoiler for Someone for Everyone part 12:

Spoiler for A/N:

Previously:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Part 8

Part 9

Part 10

Part 11
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 02:24   Link #17564
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
BWAHAHAHAHA

After a long Haitus. It returns! the Epic thriller of Jail's innocent and pure first love!

Spoiler for A/N:

Previously:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Part 8

Part 9

Part 10

Part 11
BAHAHA! Funny, funny! Nove and Wendi! Hooray! Sette getting development?! WHOO!

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 03:13   Link #17565
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
BTW, why is it that Subaru's magic style is Belkan but Mach Calibur speaks in English instead of German?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Because the Neo Belkan style that Subaru and Erio use has Mid magic mixed into it. Hayate, Carim, Verossa, and the Wolkenritter (and possibly Vivio and Einhart) are the only users of true Belkan magic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nijiru View Post
As for Mach Calibur, I thought it was because the magic style is New Belkan, as opposed to Ancient Belkan like the Wolkenritter.
I think it has less to do with the style and more to do with the Device. Mach Calibur is an Intelligent Device, which we've only ever seen speaking English, synced with another Device (Is Revolver Knuckle an Armed Device? If it is, its probably what gives her the Neo-Belken magic style, while retaining an Intelligent Device as her partner). Erio, on the other hand, is armed with an Armed Device, and not an Intelligent Device.

Also, tea is serious business.
Old 2009-10-25, 03:17   Link #17566
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
BWAHAHAHAHA

Spoiler for A/N:

Previously:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Part 8

Part 9

Part 10

Part 11
BAHAHAHA! Oh man, I missed this fic so much! XD

Sette gets some long overdo character development, and it's nice to see Cinque becoming the big sister she was supposed to be to her. And of course, Nove and Wendi continue to trip and stumble along through their odd relationship.

So totally worth the wait, Shiny. So totally worth it.
Old 2009-10-25, 03:36   Link #17567
Dr_Tom
Also Known As Tomchan

Location: SoCal!! It's pretty awesome...once you get used to the ridiculous cost of living...
Send a message via MSN to Dr_Tom
I think I may have to put a hold on reading Alternitives. All I've been thinking as I've read the last few parts is "this can't end well"
Dr_Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 04:59   Link #17568
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
This is a different story then my Crisis series, where I plan to go into some backstory on the Wolkenritter and the Tome of the Night Sky. Although it can be considered a bit of a sidestory to my Crisis story.

Currently a rough draft, looking for feedback:

Spoiler for Recollections of a Lost Age, Chapter 1: Memory Reinforcement:

Edit: Fixed up some grammar errors and made a few parts easier reading. I think that draft was a bit too rough... Oh, also would appreciate if people let me know if this section felt too long or too short. I'm trying to get a feel for a decent chapter size.
Huh, now there's an approach I hadn't thought of before. It makes sense though, a sleeper program. If Reinforce could do it, why not others as well?

Good call.

Quote:
Hayate: Well if you want my professional opinion it would be more incest than anything.
AlternativeS!Hayate: Twincest to be precise.
Hayates: *Gasp*
Hayates: *Hand Clasp* Sister!
Fate: Oh god there's two of them!
And that is why Hayate > all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Spoiler for Zafira PT II:

BTW, why is it that Subaru's magic style is Belkan but Mach Calibur speaks in English instead of German?
Somehow I don't think this is the last we'll see of Ginga's injury...
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 05:26   Link #17569
Nijiru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Hmm.

Spoiler for Goodbye:
Very nice. Touching. It also got a fic idea I've had in my head for a while unstuck, so thank you for that.
Nijiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 07:58   Link #17570
yuiseppe
Cute things, sharp teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Fate: *evil grin* Personally, I just call it "a whole lot of fun."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nijiru View Post
Incesterbation!!!
GAHAHAHHAHAHA!!

Quote:
Hayate: Well if you want my professional opinion it would be more incest than anything.
AlternativeS!Hayate: Twincest to be precise.
Hayates: *Gasp*
Hayates: *Hand Clasp* Sister!
Fate: Oh god there's two of them!
The more Hayate, the better, I say. I'm betting Hayate would call herself 'oneesama' just for the hell of it.

As for the fic itself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
AlternativeS Chapter 1 (AS rough draft)
Spoiler for Alternatives 2-1:
Spoiler for AlternativeS 2-2:
Spoiler for Alternatives 2-3:
Spoiler for AlternativeS 2-4:
Spoiler for AlternativeS 2-5:
*I* wanted to interrupt Fate from picking the worse from her Closet of Signum's Secrets (tm). Poor choice :P That's probably not something Fate should know even if she was close with Signum (I can't imagine Signum telling Fate any of that), so it only helps to paint Fate as a freaky omnipresent perv. Granted, you can argue that Fate wouldn't have had the chance to walk in on the 2 Wolkies unless she was close to them, but it's still probably not what you'd say to gain a good impression. Felt like fanservice was forced there.

Oh, and reocurring spelling mistake that cropped up in the previous 2 chapters: manner, not manor.

Quote:
BWAHAHAHAHA

Spoiler for A/N:

*throws tea at Shiny* Can't believe you had to google the tea making process!
I'm actually growing fond of Cinque - honestly I did not care for the Numbers at all during Strikers. It wasn't just because they were named after numbers (at least they managed to pinned that on Jail's lack of creativity/care), but rather it seemed like the Numbers were spawned just for the sake of covering every character cliche and fetish out there.

And lol @ Nove's act of desperation.
yuiseppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 09:12   Link #17571
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Hmm.

Spoiler for Goodbye:
Anyone that cares - oh, how you hurt me so.

A touching short of Noland revisiting a past long ended (like most of your emoshorts, the form is pretty fair)...

...And how can it be, that a knight of the Saint Kaiser still mourns for his lost family after so many years? O good knight...

For kings we mourn a summer,
For heroes grieve a year
But mourning left from kin bereft
Shall aught but disappear.

...But on from the brevous leaden weights...oh, ho, what have we there? I wonder, what was Kaon expecting from Noland, then, if not simply assent to dine?

Quote:
Spoiler for Extra?:
Somehow I was expecting this to happen...

...and the story goes on.

Quote:
BWAHAHAHAHA

Four Things To Do Before You Read What's In The Spoiler Tags:

1. Please check the spelling of the first few lines of your post
2. Note this: No Jail, No Problem, Will Travel!
3. I think you requested this before - I shall oblige: I HATE YOU.
4. And Welcome Back to the show.

Spoiler for nwcnebuchadnezzar:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
This is a different story then my Crisis series, where I plan to go into some backstory on the Wolkenritter and the Tome of the Night Sky. Although it can be considered a bit of a sidestory to my Crisis story.

Currently a rough draft, looking for feedback:

Spoiler for Recollections of a Lost Age, Chapter 1: Memory Reinforcement:
Oh, this is fine by me. I've seen chapters anywhere from 1000 to 16 000 words in length.

Interesting Mind Trip is Interesting. About writing bits of the history of the Tome of the Night Sky, though, asking a certain Nightengale might help you formulate 'em ideas.

First off...you're not making Reinforce...a TRAP, are you? For if you do...prepare to die, heretic.

Alright, I was kidding.

You want feedback?

Aye, Luigi, that's one Frickin' Freakily Fast n Furious Flummoxing Feedback - Fabolously Fun-Sized...(Though I'm hard up on time here, let's see what I can say.)

Spoiler for nwcavertingyoureyes:
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 09:45   Link #17572
TheShinySword
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post

Four Things To Do Before You Read What's In The Spoiler Tags:

1. Please check the spelling of the first few lines of your post
2. Note this: No Jail, No Problem, Will Travel!
3. I think you requested this before - I shall oblige: I HATE YOU.
4. And Welcome Back to the show.

Spoiler for nwcnebuchadnezzar:

1. When I write at 3 AM my grammar goes out the window (alas I write my best content at 3 AM. So I'm ignoring all grammar and structure problems as actual grammar and structure problems and just things to be fixed up.

Spoiler for Response:
Old 2009-10-25, 09:46   Link #17573
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Tom View Post
I think I may have to put a hold on reading Alternitives. All I've been thinking as I've read the last few parts is "this can't end well"
In a bad way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuiseppe View Post

*I* wanted to interrupt Fate from picking the worse from her Closet of Signum's Secrets (tm). Poor choice :P That's probably not something Fate should know even if she was close with Signum (I can't imagine Signum telling Fate any of that), so it only helps to paint Fate as a freaky omnipresent perv. Granted, you can argue that Fate wouldn't have had the chance to walk in on the 2 Wolkies unless she was close to them, but it's still probably not what you'd say to gain a good impression. Felt like fanservice was forced there.

Oh, and reocurring spelling mistake that cropped up in the previous 2 chapters: manner, not manor.
I couldn't think of anything else to put there Seems like others liked it so I'm not really concerened it took away from the story much. As for Fate knowing, she said she caught them a few times but never understood what was going on until she was older. Which means it was probably Signum and Shamal "babysitting" Fate when it happened. Besides, Signum asked for something that nobody else could know, and that generally implies the love life.

Manner, manor....... ugh. I hate that word.
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 12:29   Link #17574
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Well...I just uploaded Animal Instincts chapter 2 on ff.net if anyone is interested... :3

*sits back reading a newspaper while waiting patiently for Satashi's AlternativeS update*

Last edited by Alavon; 2009-10-25 at 13:52.
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 12:45   Link #17575
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
BWAHAHAHAHA

Spoiler for A/N:

Previously:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Part 8

Part 9

Part 10

Part 11
SHINY!

Short chapter but good! Sette's developing humanity could take a whole story all by itself; it's nice to see Cinque being a good sister and trying to help her expand her existence beyond combat training (which could be rather important. After all, if Jail is going to be retiring from the Evil Mad Scientist routine, he's not going to need combat cyborgs who don't know how to be useful around the house. Wendi and Nove can provide hours of entertainment as they stumble through their budding romance, but we don't want to have to trade Sette to JAIL for a minion to be named later.

The way you wrote the Nove/Wendi scene, it almost seemed as if Nove's budding affection for Wendi was a computer virus steadily affecting certain of her subsystems one by one...

MORE!!
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 14:39   Link #17576
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam

Well, this is awkward.

Okay, so... I've actually been thinking about this for quite awhile, but some things happened last night that, for me, confirmed that this is something I have to do, at least for the moment. Because if I don't do this, then I might do something I regret, and I don't want to do that.

Basically, I'm taking a little break from writing. I just... I can't do it, not right now. It's not a matter of time, my spark has just.... gone out. Died. For the first time, I don't want to write anything, not even little shorts. So, as of right now, BtBR, "Sisters", and my ViCia series are officially on hold until I can step back and figure out what the hell's going on with me.

As for "Day", well, that's something I have to discuss with Nanya, because it isn't fair to him for us to put the series on hiatus just because I'm going through a bit of a mental breakdown right now. I know you can't force writing, but at the same time, it isn't fair to him or to the people who like "Day" for me to just drop it because of personal issues, so... I'll talk to him about it and see what he has to say.

This is only temporary. I know I'll definitely write again. I just don't know when, because... my spark is gone, and nothing I've tried can get it lit again, not right now.

I'm really sorry about this. I know I'm letting a lot of people down...
Old 2009-10-25, 14:48   Link #17577
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post

Well, this is awkward.

Okay, so... I've actually been thinking about this for quite awhile, but some things happened last night that, for me, confirmed that this is something I have to do, at least for the moment. Because if I don't do this, then I might do something I regret, and I don't want to do that.

Basically, I'm taking a little break from writing. I just... I can't do it, not right now. It's not a matter of time, my spark has just.... gone out. Died. For the first time, I don't want to write anything, not even little shorts. So, as of right now, BtBR, "Sisters", and my ViCia series are officially on hold until I can step back and figure out what the hell's going on with me.

As for "Day", well, that's something I have to discuss with Nanya, because it isn't fair to him for us to put the series on hiatus just because I'm going through a bit of a mental breakdown right now. I know you can't force writing, but at the same time, it isn't fair to him or to the people who like "Day" for me to just drop it because of personal issues, so... I'll talk to him about it and see what he has to say.

This is only temporary. I know I'll definitely write again. I just don't know when, because... my spark is gone, and nothing I've tried can get it lit again, not right now.

I'm really sorry about this. I know I'm letting a lot of people down...
I know the feeling, as its happened to me before. I'm sure everyone respects your decision as well :3 I hope whatever is holding you back leaves soon. If I can help in any way, I'm just a PM away ^_^
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 14:51   Link #17578
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
You've burned yourself out from the sounds of things.
Looking at your project set, you have four differrent projects going on at the same time. Believe it or not, that's a LOT of thinking.

Mental exhaustion takes its toll.

So relax for a few weeks and let your mind sort itself out.
I do this on a regular basis really. I'll hit this roadblock where it's not a matter of inspiration, but a matter of motivation.
All you want to do is vegiate.

I've noticed that for me, it tends to synch with the lunar cycle. I get my most motivated in the days leading up to the full moon and then right after it I burn out and go down for a week or two. Sometimes I really burn out and go down for months.

No biggy. Creative work is not something that should be rushed.
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 14:52   Link #17579
TheShinySword
*Author

Psst don't worry about it. My spark comes and goes like a bipolar monkey. You just take your time gettin' your stuff together then write some more if ya feel like it. I'm here too if ya ever need to talk.
Old 2009-10-25, 14:59   Link #17580
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

We're only human, so we can't fault you for getting worn out. I think everyone in this thread's experienced such a thing.

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha