AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-22, 19:17   Link #27141
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Sure, because we don't wear tin foil hats and think the government is trying to consolidate power for the few elitists.
If you don't think governments try to consolidate power for the elite, okay... you might not have a tin foil hat, but an oversized wool one being pulled over your eyes. Government isn't inherently *evil* and against the average person, but it's pretty much an intrinsic facet of human government to lean towards keeping the powerful, well... powerful. See all of human history as your case study.
Old 2013-03-22, 19:19   Link #27142
Sumeragi
Banned

Or, maybe I am an elitist and trying to act ignorant.

Old 2013-03-22, 19:20   Link #27143
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:

Well, then that's understandable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post

Israel ??? APOLOGIZING ????!
At least someone is still being swoon over by Obama's rhetoric. From what I've heard he did make a pretty skillful speech; keeping the Israelis happy while slowly pressing on the Palestinian issue.
Old 2013-03-22, 19:33   Link #27144
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
At least someone is still being swoon over by Obama's rhetoric. From what I've heard he did make a pretty skillful speech; keeping the Israelis happy while slowly pressing on the Palestinian issue.
Do you still think politicians have that thing humans call feelings? To me it is clear that Obama had to bent the PM arm into unnatural angles to get him to apologize to turkey and he will need to get creative with the arm bending strategy to get a real, long lasting peace in that part of the world that has only known violence for centuries.
Old 2013-03-22, 19:35   Link #27145
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
Do you still think politicians have that thing humans call feelings? To me it is clear that Obama had to bent the PM arm into unnatural angles to get him to apologize to turkey and he will need to get creative with the arm bending strategy to get a real, long lasting peace in that part of the world that has only known violence for centuries.
Well, I have my cynical days where I think they're all sociopaths, but it's hard from my vantage point to tell. I'm sure there was some arm-bending involved nonetheless.
Old 2013-03-22, 20:19   Link #27146
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Well, at least Obama is certainly working to earn his Nobel Peace Prize retroactively.

Old 2013-03-22, 20:21   Link #27147
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Well, I have my cynical days where I think they're all sociopaths, but it's hard from my vantage point to tell. I'm sure there was some arm-bending involved nonetheless.
I'll stop buying guns from you and I'll develop my own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Well, at least Obama is certainly working to earn his Nobel Peace Prize retroactively.

The first President you mean.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-03-22, 20:29   Link #27148
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...ch-conference/

The woman who manage to piss off the entire internet.

TLR

Two guys were making jokes at a conference about a "big dongle" (security card) but also as a penis innuendo. PR lady took offense.

PR lady snap picture of two guys, post it on a 10,000 people twitter account. Called herself Joan of Arc for taking on sexism.

One guy, with 3 kids, got fired.

Next thing you know, entire internet, including 4Chan and Anon start hacking the PR lady's firm until they were forced to fire her.
Old 2013-03-22, 20:39   Link #27149
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post

TLR

Two guys were making jokes at a conference about a "big dongle" (security card) but also as a penis innuendo. PR lady took offense.

PR lady snap picture of two guys, post it on a 10,000 people twitter account. Called herself Joan of Arc for taking on sexism.

Next thing you know, entire internet, including 4Chan and Anon start hacking the PR lady's firm until they were forced to fire her.
Well done Internet. Hope she can't find a job for the rest of this year as a small lesson on non-issues.

Cmon it is a design issue. I once met a 19 year old girl who worked with me who once commented that a dongle is probably designed by a woman who is so bitchy that her husband didn't want her.

And it turned out to be true at the end of our contract....it was the old department in-charge, a grumpy, single 40+ year old lady.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2013-03-22 at 20:50.
Old 2013-03-22, 20:50   Link #27150
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Well done Internet. Hopes she can't find a job for the rest of this year as a small lesson on non-issues.
It is even more interesting, if you dig more into her. She made similar jokes on her twitter as well, about recommending a guy wear a "BIG SOCK" to a TSA Pat down. She is also anti-white, claiming Blacks can't be racist to white and Men who complain are "manplaining"

And other female dev also made comment the woman is someone who like to "bomb toss" (including one example of accusing someone for using the term "money shot")

http://amandablumwords.wordpress.com/

So this lady, who claim herself to be Joan of Arc trying to save future young techie girl away from evil "male culture" finally set off a bomb she couldn't control...

Edit: Yes, she literally called her self Joan of Arc, saying she saw some pitiful young tech girl who would be crushed by male sexism in a tech world.
Old 2013-03-22, 20:57   Link #27151
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Ah yes...The Internet. Fighting the small fights that may or may not be of any real importance. Possibly because they find it funny.
Old 2013-03-22, 22:00   Link #27152
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Old 2013-03-22, 22:51   Link #27153
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

FAA to close 149 control towers to meet budget cuts
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...92L11J20130322
That one might turn out deadly.
Old 2013-03-22, 23:24   Link #27154
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
It is even more interesting, if you dig more into her. She made similar jokes on her twitter as well, about recommending a guy wear a "BIG SOCK" to a TSA Pat down. She is also anti-white, claiming Blacks can't be racist to white and Men who complain are "manplaining"

And other female dev also made comment the woman is someone who like to "bomb toss" (including one example of accusing someone for using the term "money shot")

http://amandablumwords.wordpress.com/

So this lady, who claim herself to be Joan of Arc trying to save future young techie girl away from evil "male culture" finally set off a bomb she couldn't control...

Edit: Yes, she literally called her self Joan of Arc, saying she saw some pitiful young tech girl who would be crushed by male sexism in a tech world.
I liked this picture on it..

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Not only was the joke not directed at her, she didn't even understand the joke they were making was also referencing a legitimate programming method (along with the inuendo). Really, she should have just told em to shut up and left it at that but, ahh well, this is kharma i guess.
Old 2013-03-22, 23:30   Link #27155
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

spoiler that image dude lol
Old 2013-03-23, 00:13   Link #27156
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Huh? It's classifying civilian hackers under the service of a government as "legitimate targets".

That's considering them government agents, which I used the word "soldier" for.
Certainly not the word you used, which is "criminals".

If anything that quote supports what I'm saying, not yours.
It is worded so vaguely one could argue that "refresh monkeys" are legitimate targets. Obviously this idea needs to be worded better at the least.
Old 2013-03-23, 00:15   Link #27157
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
spoiler that image dude lol
Eh? It's already behind the image tags. Whats wrong with it? I mean sure I missed a / in the second tag initially, but that was for all of about 10 seconds.
Old 2013-03-23, 02:23   Link #27158
Ridwan

Quote:

99% of the world don't receive political education from their parents, and it's well within our rights to look down on them
Old 2013-03-23, 05:34   Link #27159
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

High birth defects and cancer rates in Iraq:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2917701.html

(Warning: A pretty disturbing image at the beginning)
Old 2013-03-23, 06:05   Link #27160
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:

TLR

I don't feel sorry for her but i do feel sorry for the two guys who got fired.

She felt all high and mighty thinking she caught some sexists without confronting the men and explaining what they actually meant with "Dongle". She thought by tweeting it, she was a Hero but instead it just expose her for what a hypocrite and a Smug she is.

In the end, i hope the two guys who were fired are rehired or get new jobs.
As for her......... she better act more appropriate next time if she gets a new job.

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international