Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-29, 17:00   Link #28621
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
The fact that they're fishing in some others' country's sea? Anyway, it's still under investigation. It is now whether the coast guards shot the fisherman out of self defense or intentional (coz his to stubborn to listen) .

Look, they're fishing here again wanting to be shot and seek compensation,,,
another way of looking it is that Philippine Coast Guard went into another countries territorial Waters and Killed Unarmed Fisherman.

Wars has been started over less.
Old 2013-05-29, 17:10   Link #28622
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
another way of looking it is that Philippine Coast Guard went into another countries territorial Waters and Killed Unarmed Fisherman.

Funny they're not investigating regarding the location of the incident but the actual shooting itself...

Quote:
PRC will lift its claims in the Spratlys in exchange for helping to conquer Taiwan...
Old 2013-05-29, 17:16   Link #28623
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
PRC will lift its claims in the Spratlys in exchange for helping to conquer Taiwan...
Jokes aside, you DO realise if the deal go through, The Philippines troops would be used as meat shields right? Someone else's army = disposable.
Old 2013-05-29, 17:19   Link #28624
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

PRC doesn't need help to conquer Taiwan, just the US to step aside.
Old 2013-05-29, 17:20   Link #28625
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Jokes aside, you DO realise if the deal go through, The Philippines troops would be used as meat shields right? Someone else's army = disposable.
Lols.. Filipinos got pride, only politicians doesn't... Anyway, shame to the PRC 10 million army.... 50,000 Philippine army got the credit in history for winning the war with PRC assistance....
Old 2013-05-29, 18:06   Link #28626
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
PRC doesn't need help to conquer Taiwan, just the US to step aside.
There's a famous theory in VN that Taiwan has been in alliance with China secretly and they're just playing hostile to each other so that Taiwan can get more weapons from US which will belong to China in a near future ( when Taiwan return to China ) .

So if that's true which is highly unlikely, Philippine really got the short end of the stick
Old 2013-05-29, 18:12   Link #28627
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Lols.. Filipinos got pride, only politicians doesn't... Anyway, shame to the PRC 10 million army.... 50,000 Philippine army got the credit in history for winning the war with PRC assistance....
What is this magic 10 million army you speak of? You know PLA army is 2.25 give or take right? Which is only twice of the American ones.
Old 2013-05-29, 18:49   Link #28628
NoemiChan
Banned

I thought PRC has the biggest army, I heard or read it once....
Old 2013-05-29, 19:12   Link #28629
Seitsuki
Onee!

That's North Korea.
Old 2013-05-29, 19:30   Link #28630
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
That's North Korea.
Ok,... ehehehe... still shame...
Old 2013-05-29, 19:38   Link #28631
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
In China, US official promotes military ties
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...05-28-17-56-48
Seriously, is the National Security advisor on crack or what?

With all those cases of hacking and industrial espionage by China, that's just plain silly to say. The more it goes, the more I'm worried several members of the Obama administration (including the man himself) are burying their heads in the sand when it comes to foreign politics.
Old 2013-05-29, 19:40   Link #28632
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Seriously, is the National Security advisor on crack or what?

With all those cases of hacking and industrial espionage by China, that's just plain silly to say. The more it goes, the more I'm worried several members of the Obama administration (including the man himself) are burying their heads in the sand when it comes to foreign politics.
Economic stability/security vs. Nationalism/Patriotism

Politicians/Capitalist vs. Civilians/Soldiers
Old 2013-05-29, 19:48   Link #28633
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Well, that doesn't mean politicians can't work to get closer diplomatic/economic ties with all of x's country neighbors (excluding NK of course) in order to create that diplomatic spider web crippling the country x they don't like. That's where Otto van Bismarck was damn good when he isolated France for 20 years before he got fired by an impulsive megalomaniac jack.
Old 2013-05-29, 19:52   Link #28634
NoemiChan
Banned

Leaders nowadays are either too scared or too concern of what is happening....
Old 2013-05-29, 19:59   Link #28635
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
The fact that they're fishing in some others' country's sea?
For the umpteenth time, the location is within BOTH COUNTRY'S EEZ, it does NOT belong solely to the PHL.

Quote:
Look, they're fishing here again wanting to be shot and seek compensation,,,
The sheer callousness here speaks volumes about yourself.

Quote:
Funny they're not investigating regarding the location of the incident but the actual shooting itself...
What's there to investigate? the location is not in dispute, and has already been known for quite a while:

http://m.chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/201...-publishes.htm

The only thing that's in dispute is how each nation characterize said location.

Quote:
Truth be told, the PHL military is in no shape to be of value to anyone outside of PHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
There's a famous theory in VN that Taiwan has been in alliance with China secretly and they're just playing hostile to each other so that Taiwan can get more weapons from US which will belong to China in a near future ( when Taiwan return to China ) .

So if that's true which is highly unlikely, Philippine really got the short end of the stick
poor quality tinfoil. Besides, it'd be a lot quicker for China to just keep hacking away, instead of using a super roundabout and convoluted method just so they can get their hands on last generation hardware.
Old 2013-05-29, 20:03   Link #28636
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Truth be told, the PHL military is in no shape to be of value to anyone outside of PHL.
Same here... unless your soldiers step in our soil.. we don't give a damn.

It's our President that is the problem. Don't be proud by mere nukes super power got. Nuking a simply soldier without facing him in equal proves cowardice in terms of honor... unless it's not valued anymore by THE SUPER POWERS...

This really funny... brave when they're numerically superior.... but weaklings as individuals...
Old 2013-05-29, 20:30   Link #28637
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Analysis: Trickle, not flood, seen when overseas stocks open to Chinese
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...94S1CL20130529

Cops: Letters to NYC mayor test positive for ricin
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...05-29-21-24-23
Old 2013-05-29, 20:35   Link #28638
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
poor quality tinfoil. Besides, it'd be a lot quicker for China to just keep hacking away, instead of using a super roundabout and convoluted method just so they can get their hands on last generation hardware.
I was thinking that they are just letting Taiwan get all the new US hardware for the PRC spies within the Taiwanese ranks to siphon, like what they are doing in Singapore. Otherwise how did their new destroyers get Aegis-type battle management systems?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-05-29, 20:35   Link #28639
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
It's our President that is the problem. Don't be proud by mere nukes super power got. Nuking a simply soldier without facing him in equal proves cowardice in terms of honor... unless it's not valued anymore by THE SUPER POWERS...

This really funny... brave when they're numerically superior.... but weaklings as individuals...
I find it amusing that you're not even attempting to address my points, choosing instead to go on a tangent ranting about... something.

Quote:
Same here... unless your soldiers step in our soil.. we don't give a damn.
same what? I was merely commenting on the ridiculousness of saying the PHL can help anyone militarily with, well, anything, outside of its own territory. You guys have no air force, and no blue water navy (or much of a navy for that matter). With practically no ability to project your forces, your army is limited to your own soil, anyone who would seek help from the PHL military would literally have to come and pick them up themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I was thinking that they are just letting Taiwan get all the new US hardware for the PRC spies within the Taiwanese ranks to siphon, like what they are doing in Singapore. Otherwise how did their new Liaoning destroyers get Aegis-type battle management systems?
pretty sure Taiwan doesn't have any Aegis ships yet.
Old 2013-05-29, 20:42   Link #28640
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
I find it amusing that you're not even attempting to address my points, choosing instead to go on a tangent ranting about... something.

same what? I was merely commenting on the ridiculousness of saying the PHL can help anyone militarily with, well, anything, outside of its own territory. You guys have no air force, and no blue water navy (or much of a navy for that matter). With practically no ability to project your forces, your army is limited to your own soil, anyone who would seek help from the PHL military would literally have to come and pick them up themselves.
I just don't like people looking down on us just because we don't have this and that. We seek American for yes but if not its ok... The government's attitude doesn't reflect the true concern of the nation.

You say I ignore? Sorry I'm not that intelligent in debate but I have common sense I just could not express it the way you guys express it.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international