AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 33 30.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 34.55%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 21.82%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 10.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.91%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.91%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.82%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-01-06, 13:13   Link #61
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Besides, who wants to be that Lockon was sitting in the Dynames way out of sight, ready to snipe anyone who pursued the Exia?
Nope. He's sitting watching tv together with Ryumin and her butler
Old 2008-01-06, 21:20   Link #62
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Shinsen came out with the sub today. It's the first thing to come out too, which puts me behind in my summaries an episode. Oh well, I'll be caught up by Wednesday still.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 21:22   Link #63
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Oh. My bad.

Maybe he'll walk outdoors, fire a few shots into the air, and then wait for them to land on the people on-screen.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 21:27   Link #64
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

http://newunbalance.wordpress.com/20...uit-gundam-00/

We need to set up an online survey to see how many people want Wang's hair to stay straight. Everyone would (should) vote yes!
Old 2008-01-06, 22:32   Link #65
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Spoiler:

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 22:35   Link #66
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
Spoiler:
It's not like 'Setsuna' is his real REAL name in the first place anyway. He can just get himself a new Alias and be done with it.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 22:40   Link #67
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

this is my favorite 00 episode yet, the fight was pretty amazing and the episode plot was well done
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 22:42   Link #68
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Spoiler:

Also, I LOL'd at the TV speech of Marina, if anyone cared to look at the lower right side of the TV screen.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 23:03   Link #69
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Okay....I don't see anything on the guidelines so....is Shinsen-Subs better or is Nyoro~n subs better?
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 23:08   Link #70
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

letting marina know who setsuna is, is the writer trying to imply some special relationship between those two....beside the fact that they are both from the sane waring states
Old 2008-01-06, 23:16   Link #71
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoFreak1 View Post
Okay....I don't see anything on the guidelines so....is Shinsen-Subs better or is Nyoro~n subs better?
I prefer Shinsen-Subs. Nyoro~n seems a bit prone towards hyperbolizing character dialogue and I've found in some situations their translation can change the tone of entire conversations and thus the whole point.
Old 2008-01-06, 23:18   Link #72
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Watched the Conclave-Mendoi sub of Ep13.

So, the Exia-Enact Ali Custom was pretty well done, and the episode in general wasn't too bad, but I could really have done without Mr. Green Hornet. I mean, WTF? I like kung-fu flicks where the martial artists dodges bullets just fine, but doing it in a "realistic" Gundam show is just a bit much.

Otherwise, not too bad. 8/10, but I am really, REALLY wishing that they'll stop with these 2/3 episode arcs and get on with the main story at this point.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 23:34   Link #73
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post

So, the Exia-Enact Ali Custom was pretty well done, and the episode in general wasn't too bad, but I could really have done without Mr. Green Hornet. I mean, WTF? I like kung-fu flicks where the martial artists dodges bullets just fine, but doing it in a "realistic" Gundam show is just a bit much.

Otherwise, not too bad. 8/10, but I am really, REALLY wishing that they'll stop with these 2/3 episode arcs and get on with the main story at this point.
lol @ the Green Hornet reference.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 23:36   Link #74
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:

Obviously you've never seen G Gundam have you? Gundam 00 seems to have been in an homage mode for the past 3-4 or so episodes. I've spotted:

- The Zeon Insignia on a building,
- Kyrios' Zeta style transformation,
- Lockon's Haro collection that is similar to Lacus'
- Dynames pulling a Heavyarms by having hidden missile hatches in its stomach and chest
- The HRL attack formation being like the Zaku formation in the Battle of Loum scene at the beginning of each original Mobile Suit Gundam episode
- Allelujah mimicking Char's Zaku Kick

and even references to non-Gundam series by Sunrise like:

- The HRL transport in episode 10 looking exactly like the Idaho from Dragonar
- Soma doing Dunbine's flying drop kick on the Virtue's beam cannon.

- Hell there's even a reference to a non Sunrise series in the way Lockon destroying the HRL ship looks the same as what happen in Macross with the Daedelus attack.

I can't help but feel that Hong Long is supposed to be our Domon Kashuu or Sai Saici.

Also, again people, the character you are all thinking of was named Kato and was played by Bruce Lee. The Green Hornet was just a guy that used a stun gun and the odd sucker punch to take down his adversaries and happened to be Kato's master. Kato was the martial arts master, and also wears a black mask much like Hong Long, whereas Britt Reid donned a green mask to become the Green Hornet.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2008-01-06 at 23:46.
Old 2008-01-06, 23:39   Link #75
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I prefer Shinsen-Subs. Nyoro~n seems a bit prone towards hyperbolizing character dialogue and I've found in some situations their translation can change the tone of entire conversations and thus the whole point.
Crap lol. I downloaded episodes 4-12 by Nyoro~n
Old 2008-01-06, 23:44   Link #76
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Quote:

'realistic gundam'.......... kungfu in a mecha...must be the next big thing
Old 2008-01-06, 23:50   Link #77
Chase

Quote:
Crap lol. I downloaded episodes 4-12 by Nyoro~n
lol yeah Nyoro is not the way to go, ive never downloaded any of their Gundam 00 subs, its been all Conclave-Mendoi for me cuz their the very best of the bunch. Shinsen-Subs are good tho.
Old 2008-01-06, 23:54   Link #78
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
lol yeah Nyoro is not the way to go, ive never downloaded any of their Gundam 00 subs, its been all Conclave-Mendoi for me cuz their the very best of the bunch. Shinsen-Subs are good tho.
Wth are you serious lol? Well thanks. I'll dl from them then. Hey what's the difference between Xvid version and h264 version?
Old 2008-01-07, 00:20   Link #79
Chase

Quote:
Wth are you serious lol? Well thanks. I'll dl from them then. Hey what's the difference between Xvid version and h264 version?
not much of a difference to me but you do see a little drop off in quality on certain shows but you really have to look hard some times to notice(i dont notice it in Gundam 00). Nothing tho that would stop me from using MKV(h264) cuz the file size is usually lower. you'll notice that they have the SD versions and a HD version in mkv for Gundam 00. The HD MKV one is broadcast in 1080x720 which looks outstanding for Gundam 00. The SD ones are 704x400 but still look great itself. Conclave-Mendoi outclasses Shinsen-Subs and Nyoro in quality when it comes to these options to choose from. Most people still download the Xvid from them the most tho. Apparently theirs still not enough people that can either play the HD one well or just decide they dont need the HD one cuz the SD looks very good itself and its file size is low.
Old 2008-01-07, 00:30   Link #80
Chase

Keep in mind that my opinion has no weight on a technical aspect, just what i see. h264 i believe was designed to have a better compression ratio than xvid but equal in quality to xvid. Thus meaning smaller size file for the same quality, i just dont believe thats the case for every show/movie when it comes to encoding them.