AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-09-27, 06:04   Link #281
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Some point.

- No QTE (Little disappoint, but I guess that's better for DmC games.)
- Capcom japan help in development. Hope that means 60 fps lol
- They'll try to make the actual gameplay not less cooler than cut-scenes (HELL YEAH !!! LOL, so pissed with this so many times in DmC games.)
- Fashion n culture update (so this meant emo n house music on everywhere ? meh)
- This is still on DmC actual universe (?)

Feel mixed with this.
Old 2010-09-27, 06:11   Link #282
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
- They'll try to make the actual gameplay not less cooler than cut-scenes (HELL YEAH !!! LOL, so pissed with this so many times in DmC games.)
Problem here is that Ninja Theory has been too in love with their animations in their games so far. Both Heavenly Sword and the Enslaved demo felt clunky and unresponsive because of this. Even then, there were animation issues present.

And I truely wonder what they mean with that. Hell, I'm surprised how many people still don't know Free Ride exists in DMC3 so they can perform one of the big moves of the opening cutscene.
Old 2010-09-27, 06:48   Link #283
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Devil View Post
Problem here is that Ninja Theory has been too in love with their animations in their games so far. Both Heavenly Sword and the Enslaved demo felt clunky and unresponsive because of this. Even then, there were animation issues present.
That's why I hope Capcom's the one who provide the engine, or well...
Quote:
And I truely wonder what they mean with that. Hell, I'm surprised how many people still don't know Free Ride exists in DMC3 so they can perform one of the big moves of the opening cutscene.
I can't ride the rocket or beat demon with motorcycle though.
Old 2010-09-27, 07:56   Link #284
Zekori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Uh being a Ninja Theory game means the gameplay is going to be a sub par God Of War and not even close to Bayonetta.
Quote:
Well who knows if they got help from Capcom for the developing engine or anything like that, NT problem is always is on their technical n final execution (poor FPS, Bad camera etc etc)
On creative power, I always like their concept (well at least the rough idea)
Same things I feel for this project, but knowing their reputation... We all know why we worried n raged.
So am I missing something that Ninja Theory did? To my knowledge they only did two other games besides the upcoming Enslaved; Heavenly Sword was pretty decent for a ps3 title for what it was (shooter was garbage, but that because I couldn't adjust to it and the conviently forced Siaxis progression points to Sony dickery), and given the fact that a majority of PS3 titles within that time frame were a pile of crap I can give them slack on that.

A lot of PS3 titles, suffered from bad FPS compared to 360 Counterparts (no I'm not trying to start that debate); and bad camera is guilty all across the board, Ninja Gaiden and DMC series are guilty of this, this would not be new to the series in the least bit. Capcom is the one of the worst offenders of fake difficulty in concerns to camera screws, the only Capcom game that off the top of my hat that's a realistic argument that didn't suffer from this was Lost Planet 1/2 but there was bull**** across the board for everything else in those games.

DMC1, DMC2 (lol), DMC3, DMC4 weren't really revolutionary int he least; DMC1 was primarily just a hack and slash combat game version of Resident Evil (which other titles have been incorporating less); many of you probably will try to argue DMC1 was I bet.

Also I don't expect anything to beat Bayonetta for at least a good two to three years or more in terms of game play, a Bayonetta 2 probably wouldn't beat Bayonetta; fans would down rate it with delusions of nostalgia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Though LOL they're getting help from Capcom Japan.
This actually happens more often than you think?
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 08:19   Link #285
Westlo
Lets be reality

Sony put alot of money in NT & HS for it to not end up being mediocre... it was suppose to be a system seller and it ended up mediocre.. the PS3/360 FPS thing isn't even an issue with HS.. exclusive Ps3 games don't have that issue and look better than 360 games anyway..

And the enslaved demo is out...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 08:45   Link #286
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Though LOL they're getting help from Capcom Japan.
Considering how everyone's down on this game so far, that'd probably be good news.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 09:25   Link #287
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
Considering how everyone's down on this game so far, that'd probably be good news.
That's why the last interview was decent. They said a few stupid things like the date and the fashionista again, but they we're aiming for the gameplay which Iam still curious about, though thinking again westernized they say, they why go to the east(Capcom Japan) for help? NT really....

EDIT:

New DmC Dante says FUCK YOU ..i..

http://www.thegamingvault.com/nggall...nger/image/767

Yep NT's western Dante is fucker.

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2010-09-27 at 09:44.
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 09:50   Link #288
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Sony put alot of money in NT & HS for it to not end up being mediocre... it was suppose to be a system seller and it ended up mediocre.. the PS3/360 FPS thing isn't even an issue with HS.. exclusive Ps3 games don't have that issue and look better than 360 games anyway..

And the enslaved demo is out...
Hmm... enslaved demo, funny the 360 controls are actually more responsive than the PS3. Visually not much of a difference, but performance wise UE3 games still has an edge on the 360, blame it on Epic and their wonderful "cross-platform" engine

I don't think DmC will hit 60fps, purely due to the fact it is using UE3. Even Blue Castle Games, soon to be Capcom Vancouver, used their own engine, instead of Capcom's MT Framework, for Dead Rising 2, might be wrong.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 18:21   Link #289
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
That's why the last interview was decent. They said a few stupid things like the date and the fashionista again, but they we're aiming for the gameplay which Iam still curious about, though thinking again westernized they say, they why go to the east(Capcom Japan) for help? NT really....
They said capcom japan help them developing game with usual element of DmC BUT they're given main order by capcom to give western touch on the game right ?

What wrong with that really...
Old 2010-09-28, 03:19   Link #290
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
- This is still on DmC actual universe (?)
Official word is reboot, re-telling Dante how he became to be the Dante we see now(the one with white hair). So reboot means everything is in a reset, DmC is a new storyline. The old storyline is gone this is a different Dante.

Quote:
This actually happens more often than you think?
Quote:
They said capcom japan help them developing game with usual element of DmC BUT they're given main order by capcom to give western touch on the game right ?

What wrong with that really...
Funny though if they're gonna westernized the game the should do it themselves, so no help from the east which is burning red.
Old 2010-09-28, 05:10   Link #291
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Official word is reboot, re-telling Dante how he became to be the Dante we see now(the one with white hair). So reboot means everything is in a reset, DmC is a new storyline. The old storyline is gone this is a different Dante.

I thought that means backstory about how dante became person we know NOW. So how that's means "reset" ?

Rather confusing I think.
Old 2010-09-28, 05:36   Link #292
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
I thought that means backstory about how dante became person we know NOW. So how that's means "reset" ?

Rather confusing I think.
That's the problem of the announcement and interviews, which made this entirely confusing. They say on one interview it's a reboot of the character, then it means a new storyline a new Dante, everything in the old DMC series is gone. Then another interview said re-telling his origin, means rewriting his origin story. Which confused alot of gamers and fans alike.

The latest interview the one I posted they just say reboot so there is no confusion. Means it's a restart of the DmC series, not the same world as the old series. Just think DC Universe infinite earths, where in the old school Dante is earth 103 and this DmC Dante is earth 105.
Old 2010-09-28, 15:51   Link #293
ZODDGUTS

DMC will use Unreal Engine 3.

http://www.ninjatheory.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=32

Are you guys ready for 30fps?
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 17:34   Link #294
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Ready to say "Screw this game" if that's how it goes.
Old 2010-09-28, 19:06   Link #295
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:

Unreal Engine...wtf!? ok good thing its not DmC 5, because something tells me NT wouldn't be touching it in the future.. 30fps for this kind of series, how is that justify?
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 19:19   Link #296
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

ROFL at anyone thinking this game has anything higher than a 5% chance of being good.

Considering Heavenly Sword blows, and Enslaved seems well on its way to following that lofty standard...yeah.

The lame ass Dante is just the icing on the cake.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 19:22   Link #297
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Quote:
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 20:57   Link #298
ZODDGUTS

Good luck at getting this game to even run well at 30fps for the PS3 version.
UE3 doesn't run well on the PS3 and doesn't use the SPU's that the PS3 has. Check out their Enslaved PS3 demo and you'll see it's sub 30fps with screen tearing.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 21:20   Link #299
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:

No, I'm ready for a DMC game that continues an already established story, with already established villains, allies, and characters.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 23:53   Link #300
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Here's the PS LifeStyle announcement

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010...ay-cry-reboot/

Take note REBOOT!!!