AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 67 53.60%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 32.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 10.40%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 0.80%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.60%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.80%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.80%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-02-05, 10:07   Link #81
eiyuu99

Accelerator's over-dependency on his abilities may have affected his sex drive.

Imouto uprising is going to be interesting, for sure.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 10:17   Link #82
Lumir

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Didn't care for the audio in OP, the animation was great though.

Funny ep

Accelerator's reaction when opening the door was great.

Like how 19090 is on a diet compared to the others.

the ending was great with LO and sister, didn't expect her to whip out the gun.
Haha pretty much sums things up. Accelerator's reaction was epic. He looked disappointed lol and even more so upset that the door wasnt locked. And his care takers...
Old 2011-02-05, 10:47   Link #83
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Misaka 10032 declares a revolution! It's time put on your hats and guns. Time to chase that loli!
Old 2011-02-05, 10:48   Link #84
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Misaka 10032 declares a revolution! It's time put on your hats and guns. Time to chase that loli!
It was all the more hilarious when the evil music started going.

Last edited by Haak; 2011-02-05 at 11:15.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 13:05   Link #85
StaticLord
Non-toxic Mikoto lover.

Overall awesome episode, loved it etc. but .... lack of Accel\LO hospital scenes and Yoshikawa`s remark about LO vomiting in the taxi is dissapointing .

Why the hell they always have to cut such scenes.
StaticLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 13:07   Link #86
zaeraal

Oh, so slice of life episode and no Saten cameo, not even in the new OP.
Anyway gave it 9/10 for no plot or foreshadowing of next episodes (i don't count here the preview at the end).

The only thing that i don't understand is why they want to include railgun parts so much in this story. I mean this is index, they should just skip them and leave them for Railgun II or they don't want to make second season of Railgun at all? Or are they planing to skip them in Railgun and run out of material? (I think in Index even without so much Mikoto scenes, there should be plenty of other material)

Last edited by zaeraal; 2011-03-18 at 03:44.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 13:08   Link #87
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
Due to the brain damage he received in season one, he can no longer understand human speech without the assistance of the MISAKA network.
The collar has three modes.
Off, so the battery can recharge.
Low power, which provides enough calculation power for everyday needs, like talking/distinguishing sounds (lasts 48 hours I think).
High power, which lets him uses his abilities (lasts 15 minutes).
l.
Wait so originally he was suppose to slaughter the Misakas but now he's dependent on them for surviving everyday life? Talk about irony.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 13:20   Link #88
Aki-Furaba
Level 5 ESPer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Oh, so slice of life episode and no Saten cameo, not even in the new OP.
Anyway gave it 9/10 for no plot or foreshadowing of next episodes (i don't count here the preview at the end).

The only thing that i don't understand is why they want to include railgun parts so much in this story. I mean this is index, they should just skip them and leave them for Railgun II or they don't want to make second season of Railgun at all? Or are they planing to skip them in Railgun and run out of material? (I think in Index even without so much Mikoto scenes, there should be plenty of other material)
There's no Railgun part. everything is from the index novel. Uiharu is an original Index character that happens to be protagonized in Railgun, and the lack of Saten is because she is just a Railgun character (she appeared nowhere in the Index novel). They would not omit Saten away in the story if they're really trying to put in some Railgun plot in Index.

Check out my novel project: Musei Ansatsusha! A sci-fi action comedy with a rich universe you will not be disappointed in! Support my project and "like" the facebook page!!! Thanks!
Aki-Furaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 13:21   Link #89
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Wait so originally he was suppose to slaughter the Misakas but now he's dependent on them for surviving everyday life? Talk about irony.
Exactly

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 13:51   Link #90
D-Gold
Aurum

oh how I love slice of life episodes.

I enjoyed this whole episode except where touma didnt get to finish his penalty game.
as for the new op i like the first one better but I dont hate this one.
Old 2011-02-05, 14:07   Link #91
Primary Consult

10/10
+op = AMAZING. Love the visuals and the song. I had the same reaction to it that I had with Shana II's 2nd opening.
+Tokiwadai Winter Uniforms! After seeing a glimpse in Railgun ep 5, nice to see the outfit clearly
+Imouto envy
+Last Order
+Violin Scene (U-i-ha-ru!), I never knew she felt *that* way...
+Accelerator bath scene. 3 completely different body types (something for everyone) there, and no reaction whatsoever, a welcome change from Touma's fake modesty

And lol @ the complaints regarding Kuroko's continued interruptions from the Misaka x Touma crowd... her actions are more likely to have the exact opposite effect, its simply the nature of that sort of relationship. For example, by ruining the picture she creates the necessity for them to take another one . For every time she spoils the moment, Mikoto demands more things from Touma...

One thing I don't like is they still haven't gone into detail about Accel's limitations despite the novels having done so several times by now. Maybe next ep?
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 14:25   Link #92
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
10/10
+op = AMAZING. Love the visuals and the song. I had the same reaction to it that I had with Shana II's 2nd opening.
+Tokiwadai Winter Uniforms! After seeing a glimpse in Railgun ep 5, nice to see the outfit clearly
+Imouto envy
+Last Order
+Violin Scene (U-i-ha-ru!), I never knew she felt *that* way...
+Accelerator bath scene. 3 completely different body types (something for everyone) there, and no reaction whatsoever, a welcome change from Touma's fake modesty

And lol @ the complaints regarding Kuroko's continued interruptions from the Misaka x Touma crowd... her actions are more likely to have the exact opposite effect, its simply the nature of that sort of relationship. For example, by ruining the picture she creates the necessity for them to take another one . For every time she spoils the moment, Mikoto demands more things from Touma...

One thing I don't like is they still haven't gone into detail about Accel's limitations despite the novels having done so several times by now. Maybe next ep?
I guess cuz there hasn't been any real need. Though they said in ep 7 his powers are weaker i do agree they haven't gone much in detail. Maybe when the kihara fight comes.

EDIT: NV they say it in this ep, he says, "Idiots. Even though i can only fight 15 minutes max with this placed on me" Though i also guess it depends on how its translated also.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 14:41   Link #93
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:

Sadly for those who hopes it, that never will be because Touma isn't willing to get more having a lot of chiks around him and
Spoiler:

Quote:
Sure, maybe for the episode 18 or 19.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 15:28   Link #94
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticLord View Post
Overall awesome episode, loved it etc. but .... lack of Accel\LO hospital scenes and Yoshikawa`s remark about LO vomiting in the taxi is dissapointing .

Why the hell they always have to cut such scenes.
[rant]
I know, right?! They didn't even add Accel and Yomikawa's conversation about him dropping out of his school, and I kind of feel that it takes away some impact to what happens later on. And they didn't put in Accel's reaction to Yomikawa's rice cookers!

I know that the scenes with Mikoto did appear in the light novel, but I really feel that they're trying to include as much screentime of her as possible at the expense of Accel/LO's screentime. You can see Mikoto anytime (she has her own series for god's sake, and it's practically guaranteed a second season at this point) but these Accel/LO scenes are only in Index, and they cut them out to fit more Mikoto in! They were one of the reasons I was excited for season two in the first place!

They even gave Mikoto a better action scene in the opening than Accel when she's a side character in Index and this arc is Accel's debut as a science side main character!
[/rant]

Sorry, letting off a bit of steam here.
Old 2011-02-05, 15:47   Link #95
tsunade666

well the answer is obvious for Mikoto's bunch of screen time. With her lots of screen time many of her fans will watch it. For her sake the fans will watch and for more audience sake the studio will throw in more misaka scenes.
Old 2011-02-05, 15:47   Link #96
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

And.... I'm back.

I originally just wanted to check out the new OP. Since it was very nice, i watched the episode anyway, prepared for some more indexesque torture. Well, lets just say that i enjoyed this ep very much and i will watch the whole arc now.

How can this show turn from shit to awesome and back from arc to arc for me? I guess its the magic side. It was completely absent, and the whole episode turned into something very close to Railgun, ie slow paced character based slice of life comedy with hints of action. And i should also point out ep17's yuri content. Kuroko saved Misaka from becoming Haremette #421, Uiharu got a very private Violin lesson, and I couldnt overlook the vibe between Yomikawa Aiho and Yoshikawa Kikyou. My goggles never failed me before, so im gonna start collecting evidence now When Kuroko ruined Touma's day by kickjumping him, i knew this ep only deserved one score:

10/10
Old 2011-02-05, 15:54   Link #97
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
very close to Railgun
Behold of the 'new' addition to To Aru that shall be the epic Accelerator! Indexesque... Railgun~ish... Accelerator!
Old 2011-02-05, 15:58   Link #98
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
That's not irony,
Spoiler:

EDIT: yeah, on second thought, it did require a spoiler tag...

Last edited by giorno; 2011-02-05 at 17:16.
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 17:13   Link #99
Dark Wing

SPOILER TAGS!!!!

Anyway Loved this episode! Especially the parts with Accelerator and Last Order damn they need a spin off.

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2011-02-05 at 19:49.
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 17:13   Link #100
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Someone here really didnt like me pointing out the yuri in this episode. So guess what, im gonna point out the yaoi too! Because my unfair bias for yuri was really selfish! I shall amend my wrongdoing right now:

Spoiler for kinky stuff: