AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-16, 10:49   Link #2141
Midonin
Last Engage

AKB0048 12 - Lost My Music

Well, that was intense. Nagisa and Chieri's interaction pretty much reached is apex here, but you really have to feel bad for her. Pours her heart and soul into this, and loses it all just as quickly. The somber ending credits gave the heart a chance to recollect, but, wow. Excellent choice on the part of the music director. Still not sure why the concert was canceled, but there's one more week to go. Until then, I've got plenty of time to think about what it could mean. Yuka and Mamoru's subplot was pretty nice, too. Yuka never really had much screentime until now, but when she got it, it hit hard. Almost everyone in the understudy group has had their moment in the limelight. Nagisa's role as backup is still important, but she can't even voice her objections. It's almost certain she'll get her voice back for the finale, but wow. Really good stuff this week.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 11:04   Link #2142
sa547
*Author

^
Again, the concert was cancelled as the LZ/venue was getting too hot for comfort, what with DGTO forces converging on in full force (and even the Flying Get's shield was being hammered too hard).
Old 2012-07-16, 11:05   Link #2143
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Oh yeah... now I'm a Yuuka fan. Too bad she's "taken". And how nice, someone named Mamoru is protecting her.
This guy will die if he exist in other stories. It reeks death flag that the only path for him is death but since this is not that type of show. He will probably get a good ending
Old 2012-07-16, 11:06   Link #2144
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
^
Again, the concert was cancelled as the LZ/venue was getting too hot for comfort, what with DGTO forces converging on in full force (and even the Flying Get's shield was being hammered too hard).
Thank you, noted.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 11:09   Link #2145
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Spoiler for Mmph:

At least she didn't get killed off by Kawamori.....
I was totally betting her to get kill off in this show because of Kawamori annoying habit to do so.

PLEASE ANNOUNCE ANOTHER SEASON!!!!!! ;A;
I can't have it hang in the air like this. The sales is good enough so why not. Even if Satelight depend on just AKB fans, they still get good enough BD sales already so why all this waiting...

Oh and what a waste of Nagisa no Cherry drama that they can't even sing the song..
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 13:09   Link #2146
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Got confirmation on a few things this episode:

Chieri now definitely is the best understudy girl.
Nagisa fails. AGAIN. This was expected but losing voice makes it even more retarded.
Nagisa's father is awesome. DAUGHTER, YOU NEED A REALITY CHECK!
Orine is now Nagisa tier useless. Maybe a bit less since she can pat Yuuka's shoulder.
Kawamori confirmed to be a dick for making Megumi not participate.

As for the episode:
THEY HAD A DIRECT ACCESS TO THE PRISON BUT IT TOOK THEM WHO KNOWS HOW LONG TO BREAK IN????
Jedi Chieri is awesome. Still can't take a mech head-on but that's just a matter of time :3
Laughed so hard at Yuuka's kirara design.
Some new concert scenes and nice songs~ Too bad it was so short.
Pew-pew!
DES FINALLY manages to semi-cancel out a concert.
The part with Yuuka crying while singing (right before we see her kirara). She seriously needs more major appearance time.
New ED is zzzzz.

Overall the first part made me facepalm really hard while it got better in the second half.

Last edited by Eisdrache; 2012-07-16 at 13:21.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 13:22   Link #2147
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
That whole episode was SAD but good! >___<

Quote:
Overall the first part made me facepalm really hard while it got better in the second half.
Yeah, same for me.

The whole losing your voice thing is SO cliche....nor is it that realistic. But MamoruxYuuka made up for it-and his whole "I can't love you as you" didn't fool me for ONE SECOND. XD Obvious shoujo trope was obvious.

Chieri was also really awesome in this episode.

I DON'T WANT TAKAMINA TO GRADUATE!! I like her!!!
Old 2012-07-16, 14:37   Link #2148
mochichan

I thought Mamoru was pulling a douche move but I think he lied to keep Yuka in AKB and to follow her dream :3
His memories at the end was of them together and the pic was from before Yuka joined AKB too....THAT'S SO FREAKING CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

Nagisa and Orine was useless..but then again these are like 14 yrs old. You really can't hold it against them :|
Old 2012-07-16, 16:11   Link #2149
sa547
*Author

As the trauma was too hard on her (and try to imagine yourself in her shoes), Nagisa got hit what is called dysphonia:
http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/bill...oice_Disorder_
http://www.healthline.com/galecontent/voice-disorders

BTW:
Old 2012-07-16, 16:33   Link #2150
mechdra

Well, maybe what happenened to Nagisa will lead her to be a Center Nova. I kind of starting to dislike Chieri a little, she may be good in many ways but she is now an opportunist who is trying to get all the spotlight. She reminds me now of Okabe Ai in AKB49. She will never shine.

So every Kirara design is based on the idol they are born from? I wonder whose kirara been following Chieri all this time. I see no one with ahoge in this series.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 16:46   Link #2151
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
Well, maybe what happenened to Nagisa will lead her to be a Center Nova. I kind of starting to dislike Chieri a little, she may be good in many ways but she is now an opportunist who is trying to get all the spotlight.
Opportunist? Nagisa couldn't sing. Why shouldn't Chieri ask to take her place if she knew the song and dance moves? It's not only for herself you know. If no one can perform the song they would have to change the line-up and all the time the other members put into practicing it would go to waste.

Besides Chieri was the only one who actually took the time to learn all the song and dance moves. She didn't know she would have a chance, but she still practiced everything. You gotta admire that kinda of dedication.

There's nothing wrong in seizing every chance that comes your way.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-07-16 at 17:24.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 16:57   Link #2152
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Well, maybe what happenened to Nagisa will lead her to be a Center Nova. I kind of starting to dislike Chieri a little, she may be good in many ways but she is now an opportunist who is trying to get all the spotlight. She reminds me now of Okabe Ai in AKB49. She will never shine.
She may have most, if not all, the technical knowledge needed to be a fighting idol, but like Okabe and without or little true passion or feelings, Chieri coldly sees it more of a business/science than art, as if her aim to becoming an idol is to singularly and systematically defeat her father's military-industrial complex (more so than Kanata).

Quote:
So every Kirara design is based on the idol they are born from? I wonder whose kirara been following Chieri all this time. I see no one with ahoge in this series.
The Kirara have their own mind, and ultimately would decide to whom it'll gravitate towards to.
Old 2012-07-16, 17:03   Link #2153
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Chieri coldly sees it more of a business/science than art, as if her aim to becoming an idol is to singularly and systematically defeat her father's military-industrial complex.
I disagree. Chieri never mentioned anything about her father in that respect, and she wanted to be part of AKB way before she realized her father was building the DES machines.

And no one without passion would practice as hard as she does. That's why she felt inspired by seeing Yuuko practicing so hard a song she wouldn't even get to perform. Chieri sees the unmatched passion in that, which reflects on her own.

I do think Chieri still doesn't know how to canalize those feelings in any other way that doing her best in her practices, but by no means she lacks passion.
Old 2012-07-16, 17:09   Link #2154
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Kind of funny to have all the drama about that song and really all they did was kind of get the first song underway. Pretty much a total disaster. Nagisa undergoing enough mental trauma to kill her voice, concert getting canned part way through one song, Megu going down and not even able to get on stage at all, Orine realizing what she'd been building all this time, etc.

At least things went somewhat alright for Yuuka. I mean as good as it could be all things considered. She can't actually get into a relationship with him while she's an idol anyways so the best that could be hoped for was a silent mutual acknowledgement. Now long as Mamoru doesn't go and get himself killed all should be well...probably. Regardless have to say good episode for Yuuka with everything that went on. Definitely brought her up in terms of characters I like in the series.

Chieri definitely had her badass moments there. Of course good thing she got some covered since even she would have had issues charging into a hail of bullets. Do wonder though at the end if it wasn't another case of Chieri's intentions not coming across well. Brought everything back down to a competition. As if she had to have Nagisa stay long enough to beat her, for Chieri's sake. Sounds remarkably selfish to say "you can't quit until I've beat you." Of course could hope her rational was more positive in just keeping Nagisa around and hoping that the possibility of losing her spot would push her to recover.

TakaMina coming back to the point of graduation. At least injury gives her more of a reasonable excuse to pull out. Can rationalize that she can't physically keep this up.

Weird way for the second last episode to end though. Concert goes down and lacking some things I thought might happen. Now have to see how many of the plot threads will be pulled together in the last episode (unless they do announce a season 2 sometime).
Old 2012-07-16, 19:35   Link #2155
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I love the designer eyewear they all use in the tunnel. I bet the officially-licensed models would sell like hotcakes to the WOTA.

I enjoyed the ED for this episode and liked the unusual organization of the material. I thought this was one of the best-directed episodes of the series. Can someone read the credits and tell us who the episode director and storyboarder were?

This looks to be one of Satelight's team-of-the-week collaborations, rather like Noein. There are already quite a few different episode directors and storyboarders in the list at ANN for a show with only a dozen released episodes.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 23:12   Link #2156
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Hmm, after seeing eps 12, i have a mixed feeling.
First, i think it is really being rushed by addressing 4-5 problems at once. There are Kanata-Takamina issue, Chieri-Nagisa issue, Megu-Sae issue, successor issue, and Rankastar issue. And none of them is being decisive at the moment. Some of them was being cut off early. Oh i really hate how Megu issue is being solved by, "Hey Megu get shot, so she cant perform with Youko. Good luck next time." Dont bother build up a tension if you dont even know how to end it.

Second, the good thing that coming from this episode is Mamoru-Yuuka relationship. Good thing they shifted the attention from Chieri-Nagisa to Mamoru-Yuuka at the concert. Their feeling is delivered successfully. Good job on this.

Third, i am pessimistic that they can solved all the issue in 1 eps. So hopefully there is a 2nd season announcement at the end of eps 13. *cross my finger
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 07:45   Link #2157
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
I thought Mamoru was pulling a douche move but I think he lied to keep Yuka in AKB and to follow her dream :3
Yep, that is EXACTLY what he was doing. >_<

Quote:
Nagisa and Orine was useless..but then again these are like 14 yrs old. You really can't hold it against them :|
Sometimes I think we expect too much out of these kids....same goes for the girls of Madoka. When my friend complained about them not asking QB details, I said, "True but how suspicious were YOU when you were 14?"

As for Chieri's actions, I think it's her wanting to keep up 00's reputation more than anything else. I don't think she's trying to get personal gain out of it. She's not that type of girl.
Old 2012-07-17, 08:33   Link #2158
mochichan

Quote:
She may have most, if not all, the technical knowledge needed to be a fighting idol, but like Okabe and without or little true passion or feelings, Chieri coldly sees it more of a business/science than art, as if her aim to becoming an idol is to singularly and systematically defeat her father's military-industrial complex (more so than Kanata).
Nah Chieri wanted to be an idol way before she found out about her father's business
She seem to care a lot about the group instead of just it being business or she wouldn't fangirls Yuko so much back then. She would think of beating the seniors if that was the case. She's just an awkward speaker that don't know how to put her feeling across.

And Kanata got over her issues with her dad already and she do like singing
Old 2012-07-17, 08:36   Link #2159
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

While AKB0048 has always been enjoyable, episode 12 was a particularly awesome one.

The animation seems to have improved a lot. The normal character animation was especially expressive and detailed this week, and the 3DCG for the concert actually looked good!

The drama in this episode was great. I expected Nagisa's father to not be pleased by his daughter's arrived, but his rejection was still painful. While I don't condone Mamoru for hiding his love for Yuuka by pretending to like someone else, it's understandable because he wants Yuuka to make the most out of her job in 00 with minimal distractions. Let's just hope she doesn't come back with a boyfriend after she graduates.

The instrumental for the ED was a gorgeously melancholic instrumental, and the slideshow of backgrounds was eyecandy. It really topped off the episode well.

This anime has been the perfect show to watch after Total Eclipse. Too bad it'll be ending next week. Let's hope for a second season!
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 08:45   Link #2160
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I don't think that Nagisa's father rejected her. He stood up for her against his superiors. He prob just made her think that way so she would just leave. Sooner or later he's going to realize that he can't resolve it via the system especially if he knows what really happened to his wife.

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime