AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-05-14, 14:58   Link #2461
kamehameha

does this show have any aspect or emphasis on romance, with all the fighting..?
Old 2012-05-14, 22:54   Link #2462
sayde

Yes. There's definitely *some* (minor) aspects & emphases on romance scattered throughout this series. Though such a theme is not this franchises focal point by any means. And its rarely ever used as someones motivating factor to drive the plot forward. (A couple instances come to mind, but that's about it).

Honestly, if you need to have some well written romance in your shonen, I couldn't in all good consciousness recommend Bleach.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 16:52   Link #2463
DemonicRapture
Cthulhu

Lightbulb Here's One!!!

This might be a stupid question but here we go, Since Ichigo lost his hollow powers. When will he get them back/If he gets them back that is?
Old 2012-07-15, 00:23   Link #2464
sayde

The situation with his hollow powers isn't really so clear. Ever since we learned he can use fullbring, we knew he still had hollow powers even before he got his shinigami powers back. But then Ginjou stole Ichigo's fullbring and from that moment on, things got screwy. Fans seemed divided over whether Ichigo can still use fullbring (and hollow powers for that matter) or not. The most popular reason I see fans use to support the position that he still has hollow powers lies with the fact that his new shinigami appearance features traits from his previous fullbring transformation. But while that is definitely the case, I don't necessarily consider that definite proof of anything.

Especially since another fact we can't ignore is that Ichigo clearly hasn't used hollow based powers at all ever since gaining his shinigami powers back. Even now as he finds himself stuck inside Kirge's cage, he still isn't tapping into hollow powers for any extra strength.

So to sum it up, we'll just have to wait and see. Because despite what anyone may tell you, there honestly isn't any way to prove things one way or the other at this point. Maybe Ichigo still has hollow powers or maybe he doesn't. Hell, maybe he was right about to bring out the mask once again before last weeks chapter ended. Or maybe he still does have hollow powers but doesn't realize it (for whatever reason).
Old 2012-08-30, 22:00   Link #2465
DragonHeartKid
"Plot"

THIS may also sound like a stupid question,but does anyone know if Grimmjow IS coming back as a friend? I heard it somewhere and I would like to know.
Old 2012-08-30, 22:35   Link #2466
sayde

Quote:
Translation by Estella May from BleachAsylum
Kubo-sensei confesses! The Arrancar are also in his plans!!
Tite Interview
Q: In the new arc, the shinigami will of course be represented, but will other characters from the past also appear?
Kubo: Yes, if the arrancar appear, I think they will stand with the shinigami.
Q: Will there be characters that appear in the role of a friend?
Kubo: Ulquiorra has already turned into ash. Grimmjow might become a friend. Also, what about Harribel, who is still alive? But, I wonder how I’d bring them out of Hueco Mundo. I think Harribel would not leave Hueco Mundo.
Q: Was the idea of arrancars becoming friends in your plans before this break? Or was it just a feeling that they might return?
Kubo: “They might appear.” Or it could be that “they might not appear.” (laughs) Even if they did appear, it wouldn’t be individually, but as a group.
Q: What about Nel?
Kubo: I think I will let Nel appear.
Q: I’d really like to see her interactions with Kon.
Kubo: Kon did not appear in the Lost Agent arc. But to tell the truth, he has rarely appeared since the end of the Soul Society arc, roughly five years ago. (laugh) People who only recently started reading might not know that he exists. (laugh)
Q: It can’t be that you’ve forgotten him?
Kubo: (laugh)
Nothing is official yet. But it's likely what will happen.
Old 2012-09-03, 01:09   Link #2467
Aurizen

Guys anyone know as to why Uryū didnt go to Hueco mundo with ichigo? Ichigo know he cant but why?
Aurizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 13:33   Link #2468
sayde

That answer wasn't revealed yet. Its an intended mystery you're more than welcome to develop your own theories on for the time being.
Old 2012-12-06, 23:18   Link #2469
Maro

(Hope this is the right place to post this question) ><

I've never watched an episode of Bleach before but it's evidently a very popular anime. Just hoping someone could tell me whether this anime is strictly just an 'entertaining and fun' watch or if it also has some deep values.

I loved animes like 'Fullmetal Alchemist' and 'Naruto' because as well as being 'entertaining and fun' I was still able to enjoy a very thought provoking, mature and meaningful storyline.

Any help guys?

Edit: Examples are welcome. As long as it's not a huge spoiler.
Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 13:44   Link #2470
Langus
Optimus Prime

Strongly in the "entertaining and sometimes fun to watch" category. There are no deeper story lines or life lessons learned in Bleach.
Old 2012-12-07, 14:08   Link #2471
itachi-san314

yea, bleach is about intensity, badass characters and fights, random funny moments and hot anime chicks. there's barely a story and the plot that does exist makes little to no sense, but it's mostly forgivable if you don't expect a thoughtful story to begin with. i'm a big fan of bleach as well as fma and naruto, but i'm not into bleach for the story as i am with the other two series
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 04:05   Link #2472
Maro

Thanks Langus and Itachi-san314! I guess as long as there's other entertaining elements to the story it should be a good enough watch.

Figured I'd ask the question as I was similarly skeptical about Naruto when I first decided to watch it, but was pleasantly surprised to see such a meaningful storyline unfold.

Ah well, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.
Old 2013-01-01, 01:49   Link #2473
Maro

So I just finished watching the 3rd Season of Bleach and I'm really confused about the world. I would really appreciate it if someone could answer some of these questions.

1) A Ryoka had mentioned when a human dies they remain the same age when they pass over into the Soul Society. If this is the case then why is it during flashbacks we see Soul Reapers "growing up"?

2) I also don't understand why all the Soul Reapers even have "Childhoods" in the Soul Society. Wouldn't their ages vary depending on when each individual Soul Reaper had died in the human world and transferred into the Soul Society? I guess it would make sense if some people are "born" in the Soul Society but this wasn't really explained.

3) Some of the characters have friends and relatives who have died in the Soul Society. Example: Rukia and Renji's childhood friends died. But how is that even possible? They're already dead, it's not like they could die from fatigue or starvation. :S

Sorry about all the questions. Thank you to anyone who answers.
Old 2013-01-01, 01:59   Link #2474
itachi-san314

I'm not an expert on the bleach story (mainly because it often contradicts itself) but i think these are answerable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maro View Post
1) A Ryoka had mentioned when a human dies they remain the same age when they pass over into the Soul Society. If this is the case then why is it during flashbacks we see Soul Reapers "growing up"?
when a person dies and goes to SS they are the same age as when they died. meaning characters like rukia and renji were kids when they died. once in SS their souls age and so do their spirit bodies. also, further in the story than you may be, we have seen characters in the real world die, go to SS, and be the exact same age as when they died

Quote:
2) I also don't understand why all the Soul Reapers even have "Childhoods" in the Soul Society. Wouldn't their ages vary depending on when each individual Soul Reaper had died in the human world and transferred into the Soul Society? I guess it would make sense if some people are "born" in the Soul Society but this wasn't really explained.
it does vary. for instance we never saw a young zaraki so he may have been an adult when he died. i dont think there are births in SS

Quote:
3) Some of the characters have friends and relatives who have died in the Soul Society. Example: Rukia and Renji's childhood friends died. But how is that even possible? They're already dead, it's not like they could die from fatigue or starvation. :S
the same way a soul reaper dies i would assume. i think they go to heaven or hell if they die in SS but im not quite clear on that
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 17:09   Link #2475
kagato3

Quote:
So I just finished watching the 3rd Season of Bleach and I'm really confused about the world. I would really appreciate it if someone could answer some of these questions.

Souls do age but at a much slower rate the humans. many of those we see flash backs of die very young. Also there is some evedence that some of those in SS were born in SS and never were human.

Quote:
A sad but true fact is that children tend to have a high mortality rate in eras before the current one. Pretty much all the shinigami we have run into are over 50years old, with Rukia being one of the younger ones at 150. Children are also less likely to become hollows since they have less things that would chain them to this world or end up in hell so a large number of those that come to ss would be childern
Quote:
it is implied that those that die in SS are reborn into the human world. this is why what the Quncies were doing was so bad as they were destroying souls. Death by hollow is a little less clear as it seems the souls it eats become part of it it's not clear if those souls are relased when the hollow dies or if the basicly just fuse together for good. we also don't know if hollows that die via zanpakuto end up in ss or are reborn as humans
All plusses are said to need water and those that have powers do get hungry when Gin met Rangiku she was starving.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 19:55   Link #2476
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:

Sorry about all the questions. Thank you to anyone who answers.
For 1= souls get to grow old physically because these souls and learn to use the reiatsu used

For 2= souls who find themselves among affinity if there can create and become a new family in the world real even though they had no real link families ... if after have seen the case of Rukia and her older sister I imagined she could have died at the same time and is landing in the same place all the Rukongai ...

For 3 = this is true but it does not really die he become spiritual particles
Old 2013-01-11, 03:26   Link #2477
Maro

Thank you everyone who replied! (Apologies for being late to thank you guys)

All your answers certainly cleared up some confusion I had with the show. I still find the whole concept of dying in the 'World of the living' and being transferred to the 'Soul Society' odd as the living conditions in the Soul Society (in some cases) certainly aren't pleasant. So it's hard to perceive the SS as some form of heaven, so I guess the SS is more like a 2nd stage of living.

@Kagato3: Thank you for explaining the concept of dying in the Soul Society. I think I do remember an earlier episode where they were showing an hourglass to symbolize the balance between both worlds.

If it's not to much trouble I do have one more question.
I was wondering how the 'Noble Homes' in the SS were established. Were they Noble families that died in the human world and were then established in the SS? or perhaps, if there are births in the SS, a Noble home could have been established through reproductive means.
Exactly how do you distinguish between a poor soul and one that comes from 'nobility'?

Thanks again guys for taking the time to respond. It's greatly appreciated.
Old 2013-01-11, 06:56   Link #2478
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
All your answers certainly cleared up some confusion I had with the show. I still find the whole concept of dying in the 'World of the living' and being transferred to the 'Soul Society' odd as the living conditions in the Soul Society (in some cases) certainly aren't pleasant. So it's hard to perceive the SS as some form of heaven, so I guess the SS is more like a 2nd stage of living.
Many cultures don't have a heaven-like afterlife concept and personally I prefer these ideas... life sucks, dying sucks, and so should the afterlife In Bleach it somewhat resembles Hades(Rukongai), Mount Olympus(King's realm), Elysian Fields(Seireitei) and Tartaros(Hueco Mundo) from greek mythology.

Quote:
If it's not to much trouble I do have one more question.
I was wondering how the 'Noble Homes' in the SS were established. Were they Noble families that died in the human world and were then established in the SS? or perhaps, if there are births in the SS, a Noble home could have been established through reproductive means.
Exactly how do you distinguish between a poor soul and one that comes from 'nobility'?
we know from the House of Kuchiki and the former noble House of Shiba that they are real families who give birth to the next generation

Rukia's adoption for instance was against the rules and considered a scandal
Old 2013-01-11, 19:56   Link #2479
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

so im guessing births in the soul society are rare then

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Chiisai Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 09:05   Link #2480
Maro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
Many cultures don't have a heaven-like afterlife concept and personally I prefer these ideas... life sucks, dying sucks, and so should the afterlife In Bleach it somewhat resembles Hades(Rukongai), Mount Olympus(King's realm), Elysian Fields(Seireitei) and Tartaros(Hueco Mundo) from greek mythology.
This is quite informative. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
we know from the House of Kuchiki and the former noble House of Shiba that they are real families who give birth to the next generation

Rukia's adoption for instance was against the rules and considered a scandal
I was aware the Noble Homes must have been blood related . I was just curious to know how the Noble homes were established. The SS seems to be divided by souls that are from Nobility and those that are poor (example: in earlier episodes Renji and Rukia are ridiculed in school for not coming from nobility).

If ALL souls that die in the human world wind up in the SS then what exactly distinguishes between souls that are condemned to an impoverished life and those that aren't?

It's not a big deal if this is never explained in the show. I was just curious if it was.

@ Chiisai Kuma: I would also like to know if SS births are possible also.

Tags
q&a