Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-26, 16:44   Link #221
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larsith View Post
The translation on the ainex subs is Japanese->Chinese->English, or so it seems. There's some really weird phrasing of some lines and sometimes they're just wrong, but they are generally pretty fast to release.

I've been watching the EIGS releases and they've been good, as long as you don't mind not having any karaoke at all.
I noticed that about Aniex after I watched it, some of the subs don't stay true to what the characters actually said.. Quality is pretty good though. Perhaps I'll give EIGS a try.

Now regarding episode 4:

Spoiler for Episode 4:

Last edited by Haruyasha; 2008-01-26 at 18:43.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 23:29   Link #222
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

I'm pleasantly surprised! I think the series is finally starting to come into its own. Granted, I don't understand most of Episode 4 yet, but from what little I could understand, I like it very much.

Spoiler for Episode 4:

All-in-all, a great episode. Much as I would like to know what happened to the original cast, I would very much prefer to watch an original story set in the same continuity instead. Hope it continues that way.

Spoiler for androgyny:
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 05:06   Link #223
sb075

Spoiler:
sb075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 08:39   Link #224
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Full summary for episode 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf
Spoiler for Episode 4:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb075 View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Xcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 10:29   Link #225
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

^ Actually, this was the first image that came to my mind when I saw the title, "Feathers of a Whale":

Spoiler:

It's the cover of Flight Volume Four: 4

But that's neither here nor there, nor is it related to Persona in any way. The "whale" in Trinity Soul may well be what you've suggested.
Old 2008-01-27, 10:46   Link #226
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

That flight cover looks beautiful *_*

I haven't seen the 4th episode yet but I saw the screenshots and . . .

Spoiler for the brothers in episode 4:
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 12:00   Link #227
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
The trap needs to turn into a real girl pronto!

ep 4
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 01:49   Link #228
Ash Falls Town

Spoiler for Episode 4:

All things considered I think when the series finishes I'll understand it.
Ash Falls Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 02:30   Link #229
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
The trap needs to turn into a real girl pronto!

ep 4
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Speculation:
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 11:35   Link #230
molitar

Ugg.. so who has the best release? This one is such poor quality for Shinsen Subs I can't barely stand to watch it. The fonts are so horribly done and rendered that they take away from the episodes itself. Why they use such a horrible looking font I just don't know. So anyways I definitely can't watch SS release of this with it's quality of font. So who has been the best so far?

Right now I would rather watch Ainex even if it has some weird phrases and bad translations because the font does not DETRACT from the show at all and is much easier to read than SS release. I just have to wonder why SS would release without their usual Quality and TLC they usually put in their releases.

Last edited by molitar; 2008-01-28 at 11:58.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 15:03   Link #231
cmanimevids3000
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to cmanimevids3000 Send a message via AIM to cmanimevids3000 Send a message via MSN to cmanimevids3000 Send a message via Yahoo to cmanimevids3000
Quote:
Oi has a decent release and now Moetaku/Sekai and AnimeYoshi are releasing but behind. Orange-Side is my group and we are releasing but I won't promote ours because truthfully its all up to opinion which one people download. Ours should be out late tonight I am hoping. As well as episode 3, we kinda had some sign issues with that episode lol.
I just saw Anime Yoshi's release and they has the Main characters Family name translated as Kazato, but it is Kanzato so I would not reccomend that one... Um... Like I said above, Oi is good and Moetaku/Sekai are good. As well as our release ^_^ so try checking those out.
cmanimevids3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 16:14   Link #232
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Ep4 is decent. I'm kinda disappointed with the lack of action which should be obligatory to this kind of series. It also feels like a filler with how it's mostly about the brothers' relationship instead of about persona, which is the title of the show. I hope the focus switch back to its premise next ep.
plzd0ntkeelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 19:38   Link #233
Arm
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmanimevids3000 View Post
I just saw Anime Yoshi's release and they has the Main characters Family name translated as Kazato, but it is Kanzato so I would not reccomend that one... Um... Like I said above, Oi is good and Moetaku/Sekai are good. As well as our release ^_^ so try checking those out.
It was actually translated correctly when the older brother introduced himself, but was typesetted wrong on the sign of the house.

That aside, AniYoshi easily has the best quality out of the groups, but they're a bit slow.
Arm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 22:01   Link #234
molitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmanimevids3000 View Post
Well I will take a look at yours.. Even tho Ainex has issues it's still the one I ended up watching because the FONT type is so clean and easy on the eyes to read. The others are so bleh or ugly that it detracts from the episode.
Old 2008-01-28, 22:08   Link #235
LKK

I'd like to hear some opinions on what the animal heads during the ED might signify. I haven't got a clue as to what they might mean.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 22:15   Link #236
XiaNaphryz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
All-in-all, a great episode. Much as I would like to know what happened to the original cast, I would very much prefer to watch an original story set in the same continuity instead. Hope it continues that way.
I have a strong feeling that we'll be seeing the original cast towards the latter half of the season, ala ROD TV. There has to be some sort of connection with the original game story and what's going on now, considering how the end of the game went and all.
XiaNaphryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 00:42   Link #237
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK
I'd like to hear some opinions on what the animal heads during the ED might signify. I haven't got a clue as to what they might mean.
The animal heads probably reflect the students' "true" personalities. The way they are presented on-screen suggests that they are running towards flight — the last student literally flies away. Couple that with the lyrics ED, "Suicides Love Story", perhaps it's a sublimal message about attaining freedom through suicide? That would echo the suicide motif from Persona 3.
Old 2008-01-29, 01:36   Link #238
molitar

Well I just grabbed the episode 3 from Orange to see how it is. The font type is nice and clean and quality is not bad for Xvid. Now to see how fast they keep up with the rest of the series once they get episode 4 out.
Old 2008-01-29, 02:12   Link #239
cmanimevids3000
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to cmanimevids3000 Send a message via AIM to cmanimevids3000 Send a message via MSN to cmanimevids3000 Send a message via Yahoo to cmanimevids3000
We should have Episode 4 out tomorrow. Edit 2 going on now, Typesetting is done and then we just haveta QC for Final Encode and Release ^_^ Nice to hear you liked it!

Last edited by cmanimevids3000; 2008-01-30 at 06:57.
cmanimevids3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 05:41   Link #240
kamikazex

wow she was a girl?!!!!
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, supernatural