AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-23, 07:16   Link #81
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Erg...is this going to be made into an episode, and why is it that some people in the previous posts are saying there will be no such release or such thing as a Tomoya After. Unless I am missing something. I thought one of the Clannad OVA's involved a relationship between Tomoya and Tomoyo? Are they releasing a new episode, and wikipedia kinda states that the game has already been released via DVD on pc. Now that post just confused me even more? Care to fill me on the details?
Who knows if there is a Tomoya After. I don't completely doubt it's existence, but I don't know of any. If there is such a thing, it must be some really obscure fanfiction.

The Clannad OVA covered the Tomoyo story in Clannad. Tomoyo After is the sequel to that story.

People expect the game that has been long released on PC to be adapted into an animation. I don't know how long the anime will be, it could be a TV series, an OVA series or a movie. There is no confirmation yet though.
Old 2009-03-23, 14:05   Link #82
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

*Thinks about playing Planetarian, in a planetarium, with a nice, big, drop-down projector screen*

*Mind explodes*
Old 2009-03-31, 00:04   Link #83
therationalpi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenemis View Post
*Thinks about playing Planetarian, in a planetarium, with a nice, big, drop-down projector screen*

*Mind explodes*
Everytime I pass the planetarium at my university I wish I could go in there and find a cute robot girl. Someday I will make that dream a reality, no idea how though. :/
Old 2009-04-08, 16:06   Link #84
Justin Kim
*Artist

Ok so if I am right, Planetarian is a visual game, so this thread is based off of 2 speculated releases? Tomoyo After the Movie, and a Planetarian Movie? Does Planetarian have an anime adaptation as well?
Old 2009-04-08, 18:30   Link #85
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Planetarian is a kinetic novel (no arcs or paths) by Key that from my understanding takes about 4 hours to play. It can probably be done in a single movie though there are some additional short stories based on Planetarian that add to the story.

Tomoyo After is another Visual Novel with several arcs based partly on Tomoyo's route in Clannad. It is basically the length of Clannad's "After Story" section, though this story has none of the magical elements of Clannad. It could be told in a series of OVAs or a short anime TV series. A movie seems too short to cover the material and the various arcs involved.
Old 2009-04-11, 13:56   Link #86
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Can somebody tell me about "Clannad - Tomoyo Dearest" manga?
According to what i read at TV Tropes, it not a Tomoyo After re-interpretation but is set after "Clannad - After Story".

Here's a pic.

Any info about this manga will be helpful. Thanks.
Old 2009-04-11, 14:05   Link #87
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Can somebody tell me about "Clannad - Tomoyo Dearest" manga?
According to what i read at TV Tropes, it not a Tomoyo After re-interpretation but is set after "Clannad - After Story".

Here's a pic.

Any info about this manga will be helpful. Thanks.
This is a manga where it picks up the story from the Tomoyo arc in Clannad and before Tomoyo After featuring, well, Tomoyo. Its a story about how Tomoyo achieved the goal of being school council president, and her meeting with the school delinquent, Tomoya, which changed her destiny. This only lasted 1 issue.

This is from the same author who illustrated the Tomoyo After manga.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-04-11, 15:10   Link #88
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
This is a manga where it picks up the story from the Tomoyo arc in Clannad and before Tomoyo After featuring, well, Tomoyo. Its a story about how Tomoyo achieved the goal of being school council president, and her meeting with the school delinquent, Tomoya, which changed her destiny. This only lasted 1 issue.

This is from the same author who illustrated the Tomoyo After manga.

- Tak
That's the story? I thought it was about Tomoyo helping Tomoya him deal with death of Nagisa in After Story and gradually fall in love with each other, helps him reconnect with his daughter, becoming a mother figure to her, finally getting married with Tomoya and start a new life together.
Old 2009-04-11, 16:47   Link #89
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
That's the story? I thought it was about Tomoyo helping Tomoya him deal with death of Nagisa in After Story and gradually fall in love with each other, helps him reconnect with his daughter, becoming a mother figure to her, finally getting married with Tomoya and start a new life together.
Zuh!?

You are expecting way too much

Besides, there is a reason why we have Kyou After

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-04-11, 18:18   Link #90
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Sounds more like wishful thinking to me.
Old 2009-05-09, 19:54   Link #91
Anime Daisuki

Any news on the Tomoyo After?
Old 2009-05-09, 22:44   Link #92
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Nothing so far Kyoani really likes to keep things under wrap. We probably won't know anything until K-ON is over, October or C76. Maybe at the special screening of the Kyou special even.
Old 2009-05-24, 00:26   Link #93
Seitsuki
Onee!

Sure Tomoyo After is only the length of Afterstory? (Havn't gone through afterstory yet but it doesn't seem THAT long.) Cos there is a crapload of Tomoyo After left to translate. Not as long as Clannad of course but still alot.
On another note seeing as there's no new status on Haruhi either I agree it's probably be a while before we hear more.
Old 2009-05-24, 00:33   Link #94
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikita View Post
On another note seeing as there's no new status on Haruhi either I agree it's probably be a while before we hear more.
Wha? Did you miss the fact that there's new Haruhi episodes?
Old 2009-05-24, 04:02   Link #95
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well it isn't as if they announced Haruhi's return on CNN or something.
Old 2009-05-24, 19:45   Link #96
Seitsuki
Onee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Wha? Did you miss the fact that there's new Haruhi episodes?
*#$%^#$^& you're kidding!!!!
xD no I havn't been checking recently (sorry I lost all hope.) but...
no release date right? S2 was *declared* ages ago. We all know its coming, just not when.
Old 2009-05-24, 19:55   Link #97
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikita View Post
*#$%^#$^& you're kidding!!!!
xD no I havn't been checking recently (sorry I lost all hope.) but...
no release date right? S2 was *declared* ages ago. We all know its coming, just not when.
There's already a new episode that aired...you really should go check the Haruhi sub-forums >_>

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-05-25, 17:58   Link #98
Seitsuki
Onee!

I fail.
Forgive me Haruhi sama
*commits seppuku*
Old 2009-06-29, 17:07   Link #99
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

after only watching a few episodes with Tomoyo screen time, I feel in love with her I really can't wait for this to come out (If it does)
Old 2009-07-03, 21:14   Link #100
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
after only watching a few episodes with Tomoyo screen time, I feel in love with her I really can't wait for this to come out (If it does)
This, this, and this. I just watched the Tomoyo OVA and need more.
Closed Thread