AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 10 Rating
Perfect 10 44 33.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 44.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 12.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 5.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-05-09, 07:17   Link #1741
DsCrystalEyes
DsCrystalEyes

I think Touma's in an angst state when he came across Mikoto, he tolds her because she actually listens, and so that came. To be honest, not even a fight. OT3 and NT3 all in one again.
DsCrystalEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 07:17   Link #1742
Stufu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
Mikoto doesn't even understand Touma that much. She just a random character show up in a street one day and challenge him to a fight. There are many characters who full understand him yet never written to fight him and broke him out of his angst. Hell, I don't mind if Pendex beat Touma while preaching consider how much she know and understand what he did for the world.
I'm not agree. I felt like she knew what he has been doing. Index just happened to live with him so she knew more about him. I'm not a shipper but, I that's what I believe
Stufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 07:17   Link #1743
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Mikoto doesn't even understand Touma that much. She just a random character show up in a street one day and challenge him to a fight. There are many characters who full understand him yet never written to fight him and broke him out of his angst. Hell, I don't mind if Pendex beat Touma while preaching consider how much she know and understand what he did for the world.
Actually, I would love to see Index showing up to help him/fight him.

Hell, the first reason Touma got involved with the Magic side was because of Index.

Also, Othinus should have been the one to snap him out of his funk. Out of everybody, she is the one that understand him the most when it comes to leaving a world behind.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 07:18   Link #1744
Birdway
Banned

So is this the "best" part you got talk that much?

Feels like fan service like her role on WW3.

Oh well, it seems this is a good volume if we take that part out, but I doubt it can beat WW3 anymore, and no, I don't expect to get better sales, good sales, yes, but no better than the previous volumes.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 07:19   Link #1745
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
That's not a good reason.

Kamijou's entire hero career is base of not really knowing random characters that well but still lecturing them.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 07:19   Link #1746
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yes lets judge before we know the context
Dude, even with context I doubt it could get better. I'll retract my statement if it does though.
Old 2014-05-09, 07:19   Link #1747
The One Above God
Kamijou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
... ... ... First, how the fuck does Mikoto even know about that?

Second, so all of Touma's resolution and determination got shafted JUST for Mikoto to have this scene.

God Fucking Damn it. You know what, Imma going on a Gekota murder spree, just to drink and feast on Mikoto's tears..
yes, yes... only the doctor will be spared

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 07:20   Link #1748
DsCrystalEyes
DsCrystalEyes

I, for one, still ask what's going to happen to Othinus.
Old 2014-05-09, 07:21   Link #1749
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stufu View Post
Hmm tough question, let's say as cool as one of the suppose-to-be-the-leading character. hahaha (She is one of the main characters, right?)
No, she's not. How much does she even involve in all the shit the 3 protags gone through?
She just stuck in her little pond called Academy City and what ? fight against local Darkness( low level ones) and petty criminals. Everytime she is involved in something like Kihara or Aleister related, she always have to be bailed out of there by Touma. I think the only time she even shine is during the Hawaii arc cleaning fodder soldier with a clone and buying time against a holding-back Saint. And being Touma sidekick during NT8
3 protagonists have go to war, fight against terrorist organizations, nigh-omnipotent God, true Darkness or Kihara,...
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 07:21   Link #1750
The One Above God
Kamijou

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsCrystalEyes View Post
I, for one, still ask what's going to happen to Othinus.
looks like your future fanfics will have some major change

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 07:23   Link #1751
DsCrystalEyes
DsCrystalEyes

Quote:
No, she's not. How much does she even involve in all the shit the 3 protags gone through?
She just stuck in her little pond called Academy City and what ? fight against local Darkness( low level ones) and petty criminals. Everytime she is involved in something like Kihara or Aleister related, she always have to be bailed out of there by Touma. I think the only time she even shine is during the Hawaii arc cleaning fodder soldier with a clone and buying time against a holding-back Saint. And being Touma sidekick during NT8
3 protagonists have go to war, fight against terrorist organizations, nigh-omnipotent God, true Darkness or Kihara,...
Calm it down. She is a main character, and base on points of view, her action differs. Annoying, slightly. But still a main character and a heroine.
Old 2014-05-09, 07:23   Link #1752
Stufu

.. Why many people feel so angst about her having a scene?
Stufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 07:23   Link #1753
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Dude, even with context I doubt it could get better. I'll retract my statement if it does though.
Your entire statement base around how Mikoto knows something and the assumption and illusion that somehow Kamijou was nerf specifically for her.

With context, you would know what happened before it, therefore solving your 'concerns'.

Objectively making it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stufu View Post
.. Why many people feel so angst about her having a scene?
Pettiness that's why.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 07:24   Link #1754
tsunade666

wel..... this is a surprised?

TouMan turn ANGST mode again because of Mikoto?

what happen to the talk with Will-tan?

what happen to his resolve on following it through and apologizing to them after everything is over?

what happen to his continues fight against Othinus?

what happen for all the development in NT 9 so he can turn angst again in front of someone who barely knew him?

if its index I can accept because in the first part of NT 10. She is already contemplating on what happen but Mikoto?

okay maybe, the girls brainstorm with each other and find the answer or maybe Will-tan provide the answer.

BUT WHY TURN TOUMA INTO ANGST MODE ?

WHAT BROKE THE GUY THAT WINS AGAINST THE MAGIC GOD!!?

darn, that is so unbelievable if I look back at his state in NT 9.
Old 2014-05-09, 07:24   Link #1755
Karna
just some guy

So much Mikoto hate in here. I mean we don't even have context yet and some of you think this will effect the quality of the volume....

I mean come on guys. Extreme Mikoto haters are getting to be just as bad as the extreme Mikoto fans these days.
Karna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 07:25   Link #1756
DsCrystalEyes
DsCrystalEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Above God View Post
looks like your future fanfics will have some major change
I stopped that series already. Waiting for NT10 to write a new, but this can't happen! A fairy, fine, it would be hard and rule bending, but I can do that! But dying!? That just angst to deal with...and soon, soon, a new arc would begin and all this OTP hype is lost simply because of character death.
Old 2014-05-09, 07:25   Link #1757
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
now that's some quite a high expectation considering her abilities
Old 2014-05-09, 07:25   Link #1758
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I thought that scene was badass and excellent not bad at all. Why the heck that could ever be bad in context seems stupid to me. That's an extremely awesome scene. Nice move by her. That scene shouldn't be taken out. Without it you're just goddamn hurting her character. If you take out every good scene that a character has, then it is easier to insult her, but you guys really need to stop. That was the first time in a while she has been extremely understanding and compassionate towards Touma and now because she did the one thing you all criticize her for not doing, you're targeting it as a bad scene?

That is called insane troll logic, and it is only pursued by people who need better arguments. Also, in context I'm sure the situation was explained to her. These are fragmentary spoilers. The context would clearly make more sense. Why the fuck is our fan base so fan dumb sometimes before the books come out?

These spoilers don't show the whole picture. And this scene very much impressed me. I was slightly worried about this volume earlier, now because of recent information, I have a super good feeling about this volume.

And @Tsunade you are taking this scene out of context. We don't know if this is actually that angsty in the first place. Second of all, we don't know what happens right after that scene and clearly will-San is still in the picture as she was mentioned in the preview. Third of all, I know you want to look at the big character change, but there's nothing there. We saw five seconds of reactions. It literally tells us nothing.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 07:26   Link #1759
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Your entire statement base around how Mikoto knows something and the assumption and illusion that somehow Kamijou was nerf specifically for her.

With context, you would know what happened before it, therefore solving your 'concerns'.

Objectively making it better.
I just find it hard to believe. Hell, he was smiling and joking with Othinus before, so for him to just drop into angst mode is kinda jarring.
Old 2014-05-09, 07:27   Link #1760
Goldzero

so that was the whole fight or was there more to it?
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boss rush, denmark