AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-06-30, 08:30   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Manga] Chapter 454 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant part of the chapters. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 08:51   Link #2
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Well well aren't we all excited... you seem a bit earlier then usual mister Hunter
Old 2009-06-30, 09:03   Link #3
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
I read one that says Kabuto is an Iwa-nin and Iwa wants to get revenge on Konoha. The rest ist about discussions concerning a new team and it seems Sasuke is a little pissed off that Naruto bate Pain and wants to kill Naruto.

All in all, a lot of it seemed pretty fake, especially the Sasuke wanting to kill Naruto part. I don't remember where Kabuto was found, but I remember it was said he was a sole survivor on a battlefield, a young kid that was taken to Konoha or whatever. Then again, he's always been a tripple agent, hasn't he? For Sasori against Orochimaru, for Orochimaru against Sasori and Orochimaru against Konoha. However... some of it sounded reasonable as Danzou and Samui finish talking and Naruto plans to join her team but needs Danzou's to agree.
Old 2009-06-30, 09:07   Link #4
Kiiroi Senko
Banned

Description of the various Kages:
wait for another translation, not up for it now.

Naruto tries to get Omoi and friends to change their revenge plans and offers himself as a punching bag so they can vent their anger.

Danzo-
Root member- we have 2 watching Anko, shall we do it? (Off her?)
Danzo- Now is a tenuous time, if we did it now it would cause trouble, more importantly, hurry up and find Kabuto, he knows about me and Orochimaru maybe, he has all of the medical data on Oro's experiments, finding that is the priority. It may have something on making my eye and hand work again.
Old 2009-06-30, 10:37   Link #5
SMASHERJACKSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiroi Senko View Post
Description of the various Kages:
wait for another translation, not up for it now.

Naruto tries to get Omoi and friends to change their revenge plans and offers himself as a punching bag so they can vent their anger.

Danzo-
Root member- we have 2 watching Anko, shall we do it? (Off her?)
Danzo- Now is a tenuous time, if we did it now it would cause trouble, more importantly, hurry up and find Kabuto, he knows about me and Orochimaru maybe, he has all of the medical data on Oro's experiments, finding that is the priority. It may have something on making my eye and hand work again.
Old 2009-06-30, 10:40   Link #6
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMASHERJACKSON View Post
i still get the feeling danzo is madara, this makes me feel more certain
No, it's totally fake...
Old 2009-06-30, 10:50   Link #7
SMASHERJACKSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
No, it's totally fake...
ah ok

SMASHERJACKSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 11:13   Link #8
Gamma_Sennin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
No, it's totally fake...
I think its legit..

Spoiler for Spoiler 454:

looks like we are going to be introduced to some interesting characters.. I wonder how relevant they are going to be... will they be a major part of the storyline, or fodder with a unique character design? .. I hope rock/mist are evil, so we can have some nins for side characters to face.. I mean Naruto can't fight everyone can he? be nice to see Neji, Lee, Gai, Anko etc in action..

As for killing Anko.. leave the poor woman alone, she has been absent for almost 300 chapters, comes back for one panel... and now is in jeopardy of being given the chop..
Old 2009-06-30, 11:24   Link #9
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Sennin View Post
I think its legit..

Spoiler for Spoiler 454:

looks like we are going to be introduced to some interesting characters.. I wonder how relevant they are going to be... will they be a major part of the storyline, or fodder with a unique character design? .. I hope rock/mist are evil, so we can have some nins for side characters to face.. I mean Naruto can't fight everyone can he? be nice to see Neji, Lee, Gai, Anko etc in action..

As for killing Anko.. leave the poor woman alone, she has been absent for almost 300 chapters, comes back for one panel... and now is in jeopardy of being given the chop..
Anko is getting killed? O_o
Old 2009-06-30, 11:39   Link #10
desert punk
pimp of the seas

Send a message via MSN to desert punk
so wait since this young woman is mizukage does this mean that zabuza didn't try to kill madara when he attempted to kill the mizukage? or is she just really recent? because i liked the concept of zabuza v. madara.
desert punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 11:39   Link #11
james0246

A More complete spoiler:

Spoiler for possible spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert punk View Post
so wait since this young woman is mizukage does this mean that zabuza didn't try to kill madara when he attempted to kill the mizukage? or is she just really recent? because i liked the concept of zabuza v. madara.
We've known for awhile now that Madara is not the current Mizukage. Additionaly, do you really think that Zabuza would have been even close to having the strength to potentially rebel against Madara?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 11:41   Link #12
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Geez, Naruto grows up to be a Jesus
Old 2009-06-30, 12:29   Link #13
Giggi

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
We've known for awhile now that Madara is not the current Mizukage.

So he's NOT Mizukage?
Because every time I say this in another forum they keep saying that "no, he's mizukage, Kisame said so".
Giggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 12:32   Link #14
Crimson Reaper

Quote:
If you kill Sasuke - our village will retaliate and the endless chain of hate will perpetuate.

.............Huh? What in the Blue Hell is he talking about? Does he actually expect a war to break out just because a traitor would get killed who attacked another village? If he means himself alone retaliating then fine but the whole village? Christ Tsunade you spoiled him by not declaring Sasuke a nuke-nin.
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 12:40   Link #15
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggi View Post
So he's NOT Mizukage?
Because every time I say this in another forum they keep saying that "no, he's mizukage, Kisame said so".
You are not reading the good forums then ...
When the chapter with Kisame's line was released in volume format, Kishi changed Kisame's line, making him say "former Mizukage".
So it was official ever since the release of the volume last november.

Back on topic, Naruto is really getting on my nerves ...

Last edited by Rahan; 2009-06-30 at 12:54.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 13:02   Link #16
Fran~
floating away...

Naruto preach the word!!!
Old 2009-06-30, 13:18   Link #17
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Back on topic, Naruto is really getting on my nerves ...
On one hand, I like Naruto telling the 2 (or will it be 3?) to take their frustrations out on him (I hope he doesn't just stand their looking like a buffon, but actually spars with them, though I fear he will simply defend himself and let them wear themselves out). "Venting" (which is what the Kumo-nin appear to be doing) is an approach that a parent or friend would use, so I think it is kind of cool that Naruto would use this approach to help the Kumo-nin work through their anger (it also helps set-up further Karui x Naruto speculations ). On the other hand, though, since this is a very personal approach, Naruto does come across as if he is preaching and if he actually expects such tactics to work on a global level, then he is still as hopelessly naive as he was before the Pain/Nagato battle.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 13:26   Link #18
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
On one hand, I like Naruto telling the 2 (or will it be 3?) to take their frustrations out on him (I hope he doesn't just stand their looking like a buffon, but actually spars with them, though I fear he will simply defend himself and let them wear themselves out). "Venting" (which is what the Kumo-nin appear to be doing) is an approach that a parent or friend would use, so I think it is kind of cool that Naruto would use this approach to help the Kumo-nin work through their anger (it also helps set-up further Karui x Naruto speculations ). On the other hand, though, since this is a very personal approach, Naruto does come across as if he is preaching and if he actually expects such tactics to work on a global level, then he is still as hopelessly naive as he was before the Pain/Nagato battle.
I think you wanted to say Samui x Naruto speculations
Old 2009-06-30, 13:39   Link #19
JustRob

Quote:
Well, I don't think he thinks that. He wanted to kill Nagato. I think he lets them beat him to shit so they won't go after Sasuke. What else is this but proof of Naruto's ever-loyal friendship to Sasuke? He just doesn't want Sasuke to get hurt.

I can't say too much though because I don't have too much faith in these spoilers, I'll leave the rest until the actual translation is released.
JustRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 13:41   Link #20
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

The rest of the Kage seem to be a quirky bunch, much like the Raikage is. Probably Gaara and Danzou are the only "serious" ones.

Quote:
Ne (Root-anbu): Anko has two monitoring her - shall we go forward?
Danzou: Right now is an important time - we can't afford to do that now.
More importantly, we need to find Kabuto (He may know my connection with Orochimaru).
We need the medical data and experimental information from Orochimaru's work - that should be our priority.
Since he may have information that may be useful to my right eye and right hand...
Looks like Danzou could be seeking to regenerate his injured body parts, and possibly even completely rejuvenate himself. We may see exactly why Danzou was worthy to be the rival of Hiruzen afterall...

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote