Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-21, 12:42   Link #21
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amray
I was almost in a fit when Suzumi voice recorded Aoi screaming and kept playing it through earphones. That was seriously hilarious!! XD
LOL. I almost forgot about that XD
Old 2008-06-21, 13:21   Link #22
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlaw View Post
I never thought i would get into this anime from the start, and although it started really slow, i gradually fell in love with it, until

Spoiler for SP Ending:
If I was to point at one reason that I didn't like SP! (and really, there were more than one) that would be it.
Spoiler for Didn't like:
Old 2008-06-22, 22:26   Link #23
Phlaw
Romance Anime Demi-God

Send a message via AIM to Phlaw
ya i think i felt more like you did, mdauben. I prefer the kind of love where one person will do whatever it takes to make the other happy. That is a true love. When
Spoiler for SP:
what better love is there then that?

as opposed to
Spoiler for sp:

the true Love that should have happened was defiantly
Spoiler for sp:
Old 2008-06-22, 23:43   Link #24
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

is it me or does the series gives me the impression that "everyone who goes to school becomes a lesbian"

i mean come on there is probably some "straight" girls, but gosh darn it at least show a poster with a guy on it.

if i have a daughter, i will not sent her to all girl school (just kidding )
Old 2008-06-23, 04:29   Link #25
Autumn Demon
~

Same-sex schools have been in huge decline in North America over the last couple decades. I wonder what their situation is in Japan...
Old 2008-06-23, 09:02   Link #26
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
is it me or does the series gives me the impression that "everyone who goes to school becomes a lesbian"

i mean come on there is probably some "straight" girls, but gosh darn it at least show a poster with a guy on it.

if i have a daughter, i will not sent her to all girl school (just kidding )
and another thing why do lesbians only pop up in all girl schools, can't i get a pairing at a regular school for once, or do all girls flock to the most masculine figures in anime and only in an all girls school will it be to another girl? come on! what bs
Old 2008-06-23, 16:22   Link #27
Phlaw
Romance Anime Demi-God

thanks qtip for the candy boy reference. although im stuck at only one episode and cursing daily that another one has not yet been subbed, this looks like a PERFECT anime of what i was looking for. Yet, its only one episode, and similar to a book, you cannot judge an anime by its first episode.
Old 2008-06-23, 17:36   Link #28
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlaw View Post
thanks qtip for the candy boy reference. although im stuck at only one episode and cursing daily that another one has not yet been subbed, this looks like a PERFECT anime of what i was looking for. Yet, its only one episode, and similar to a book, you cannot judge an anime by its first episode.
There are actually two episodes... there was a single episode... and then the series started with episode 01... so I guess the first episode could be considered a prequel... except it may as well be episode 01 and the first episode may as well be 02, but people like to complicate things so the real first episode wasn't gifted a number. I hope I complicated that to your satisfaction. Anyways, it's too bad that it seems you watched the first episode before the prequel, because they were rather chronological.
Old 2008-06-23, 17:46   Link #29
Kushi

Mmmm well... have you tried Otome Wa Boku Ni Koi Shiteru? When I watched this, I was thinking this was exactly the same as Strawberry Panic...

However there's a little twist, the main character is actually a guy pretending to be a girl because of a grandfather's dying wish. If you're able to ignore this fact, (or if you actually like this kind of genre, that's even better) it's actually very similiar to Strawberry panic.... just not as "girly" I suppose.
Old 2008-06-23, 20:46   Link #30
Phlaw
Romance Anime Demi-God

thanks kushi i'll take a look at that one too.

oh and jedinat

Quote:
There are actually two episodes... there was a single episode... and then the series started with episode 01...
I did watch the prequel and episode one, so i saw both, at first i was confused as to what the prequel was, but 2 mins into episode 1, i understood. thanks
Old 2008-06-27, 01:52   Link #31
Phlaw
Romance Anime Demi-God

Which anime should i start next

Need a romance Anime that i haven't seen yet. I have the following three on me, but i don't which one to watch next. I just finished Chobits, and I am kind of rewatching Nodame Cantabile. So (i know they are very different) something that would kind of flow in those two would be awesome. I won't get to start the series till sunday (tons of work) so any input between now and then would be awesome. oh and if you have a reason for voting for a certain one, by all means let me know

Arigato
Old 2008-06-27, 02:11   Link #32
james0246

Well either I, My, Me Strawberry Eggs or Koi Kaze would flow from Nodame Cantabile quite well (or at least better than Da Capo II). That being said, Koi Kaze is the better show of the three, with I, Me, My... a close second (and Da Capo II a distant third)...but, Koi Kaze is significantly more mature than any of the aforementioned animated romaces. So, in the end, while I recommend Koi Kaze, I must warn that it is not a true comedy show and the fact that it is more mature may "harsh your buzz", so to say.
Old 2008-06-30, 02:42   Link #33
Phlaw
Romance Anime Demi-God

Koi kaze

Just finished it, and need another anime to start. but lets make this a little harder. I want an anime that is a little bit lighter then Koi Kaze. It was a good anime (not the best, but not forgettable either) but maybe this time with a little more humor, or where the couple the anime are together for a bit longer. Here is the last Catch. My hard drive is full till i buy my new terabyte one next week. (IRS is slow) SO i have a list of anime that i have, but have yet to watch. your help is appreciated

Da Capo II (I'm really scared to watch this one. the first one was one of the best i ever saw, it made me laugh, cry (literally) and angry. it was soooo brilliant. the second season solidified my case on it, so as far as part II goes, and part II Second season, I'm kind of afraid to be let down.. lol)
Clannad
Kimi_Ga_Nozomu_Eien
Musume Heart
Gift ~eternal.rainbow~
Ef - a tale of memories
REC_01-09
Myself Yourself
Old 2008-06-30, 08:36   Link #34
neqael
World Destruction Commit.

Try some of those then:

Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou