AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-01-27, 08:19   Link #101
Alchemist007
*Author

The pace seems to have slowed (as it does during conflicts, especially of a 'war' magnitude), so I wouldn't be surprised. I just hope there's no goading Kishi into prolonging the series more than he sees fit. I hate creative interference.
Old 2012-01-27, 10:24   Link #102
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Stroking his snake while plotting his revenge in a dark cave somewhere no doubt
You know, I actually thought you'd give posts like this a rest after a while, but I guess not. At times, some comments are indeed suggestive, or can allude to certain situations, but the one you're replying to does neither. I guess you just found it absolutely necessary to think one up yourself, so you can post more of your nonsense. Are you really 29 years old?

Perhaps the discussion became too boring for you, as we did indeed start having some thoughtful posts about the evolution of the story and Naruto's character. Good thing you were here to liven up the discussion with your clever jokes.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 10:29   Link #103
HasuMasu
*Artist

I think he meant an actual snake summon, not that kind of snake...

...then again he can't summon snakes anymore, so maybe...
Old 2012-01-27, 11:08   Link #104
Akashin

I was torn between seeing some sort of Voldemort imagery in what he said, and what Captain Commando pointed out.

But yeah, odd choice of words if he didn't mean anything suggestive.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 11:14   Link #105
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Stroking his snake while plotting his revenge in a dark cave somewhere no doubt
-I see what you did there .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
You know, I actually thought you'd give posts like this a rest after a while, but I guess not. At times, some comments are indeed suggestive, or can allude to certain situations, but the one you're replying to does neither. I guess you just found it absolutely necessary to think one up yourself, so you can post more of your nonsense. Are you really 29 years old?
-You're never too old to laugh at a crude joke that is timed just right. A simple fart joke can get a good chuckle out of even a grown adult man/woman, provided the person saying the joke delivers it in the right way.
Old 2012-01-27, 11:14   Link #106
Jehuty

Quote:

Perhaps the discussion became too boring for you, as we did indeed start having some thoughtful posts about the evolution of the story and Naruto's character. Good thing you were here to liven up the discussion with your clever jokes.
First of all, you really need to get over yourself. Questioning his age for attempting to add humor to a discussion doesnt put you in any type of moral high ground. This is a discussion about a manga, not philosophy, ethics, etc.

Second, you clearly misunderstood the nature of his joke. Chances are, as mentioned above, that he meant an actual snake summon. You know, the typical villain stroking his cat while plotting his nemesis' demise? Also, need i remind you that the manga already used the pen0r joke? And more than once?

No matter how you look at it, you need to learn to lighten up.
Old 2012-01-27, 13:24   Link #107
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

DBZ Kamehameha anyone?
Old 2012-01-27, 17:53   Link #108
Tettsuo
Yeah, I said that!

I wonder if Kurama will go back into his cage when this is all over?
Tettsuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 20:03   Link #109
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:

Apparently you missed it completely. It's an innuendo, cause he really do have snakes. Maybe it's you that have the dirty mind, eh? But that's ok, I forgive *ruffles Captain's hair*
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 20:09   Link #110
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
but i liked seeing sasuke win that VotE fight. i think it was much more interesting than if naruto had won and bff'd sasuke. it put sasuke on a much higher level of opponent as naruto's previous rivals: kiba, neji, gaara since there was no possibility of naruto winning mentally either.
In retrospective i also prefer him vinning at VotE, because Naruto was too selfish or just stupid there, he didn't really think about Sasuke's situation and what is driving him forward to even give up his life and forget about his friends and peaceful life. That is also the reason that even if Naruto won the fight he would have lost Sasuke as a friend anyway, since Sasuke would have hated him even if he saved his life from Orochimaru.

Quote:
cause he really do have snakes.
I don't remember anyone else being able to summon multiple kinds of animals. The exception is the rinnegan, which might be a sign of what is Sasuke's future upgrade...
However we have never seen Sasuke summoning a snake after the moment he cried and awakened the MS eyes and a hawk was flying there. As if his soul changing from the clever revenge seeking guy who is making plans to kill people like Orochimaru and Itachi to a mad guy who is obsessed with revenge resulted in him losing his affinity to one kind of animal and gaining affinity to another. Here i'm assuming that someone's summon animal reflects his character. But then the hawk is not the symbol of madness but it might be the symbol of the ruthlessness of a predator, and Sasuke is now behaving as a predator who wants to kill people.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2012-01-27 at 20:24.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 20:59   Link #111
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

I always wondered where he got that hawk summons from! Maybe we'll find out soon! The snakes definitely wouldn't let Sasuke summon them again; last time he summoned the snake boss, the snake ended up dying So we can add cruelty to animals to Sasuke's long list of crimes.

Some part of me always wished that Sasuke would summon cats. Remember the Paw Encyclopedia filler (that is like, literally one of my fav fillers of all time). It seems like the Uchiha are closely affiliated with cats (there's even a canon episode, if I'm remembering correctly, where Sasuke buys ninja tools from the nin cats just before his death date with Itachi).

Is there a rule that a ninja can't summon more than one animal?
Old 2012-01-27, 21:42   Link #112
GusGus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
And here I was, watching the chuunin preliminaries, when a ninja who could turn into a snake appeared...oh yeah and he had a huge snake around too.
Yeah that's the same, how could you compare summons and Orochimaru's knowledge about morphing jutsus with this godzilla war.

And of course I like fantasy in this story, that's not the problem, the problem is that kishimoto couldn't find a way to keep the fights interesting, so he went the easy way and simply made them about the bigger kame ha.
GusGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 23:15   Link #113
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by octaviahawk View Post
I always wondered where he got that hawk summons from! Maybe we'll find out soon!
I hope so too. that summoning never sat well with me since it was so random and used by one of the 2 main characters no less.

Quote:
Is there a rule that a ninja can't summon more than one animal?
I don't think so. as ero-senn1n pointed out, pain summoned a bunch of different beasts. I also don't think sasuke would just lose his ability to summon snakes. its not like mondo had a chance to report back to his fellow snakes that sasuke used him. of course they must have noticed he was dead and that apparently nobody came to tell them what happened, but using the sharingan or rinnegan (like when controlling bijou) is all about forcing the beasts to your will. it doesn't matter if the snakes like sasuke or not, he can still summon them and manipulate them with the sharingan assuming the blood contract is still in existence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus View Post
Yeah that's the same, how could you compare summons and Orochimaru's knowledge about morphing jutsus with this godzilla war.
how could you not? they're just more powerful giant beasts than those summonings from part 1. we've seen all sorts of giant beasts throughout the series including these bijou from time to time. its nothing new really, we just finally get to see these particular beasts go all out on each other.

edit: on a side note, just as some of us suspect that son goku may be from the same monkey tribe as enma, does anyone else wonder if katsuyu (tsunade's slug summon) is from the same slug tribe as the 6 tails?

Last edited by itachi-san314; 2012-01-28 at 00:01.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 00:32   Link #114
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
DBZ Kamehameha anyone?
More like Big Bang since it's a ball.
Old 2012-01-28, 01:21   Link #115
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
edit: on a side note, just as some of us suspect that son goku may be from the same monkey tribe as enma, does anyone else wonder if katsuyu (tsunade's slug summon) is from the same slug tribe as the 6 tails?
If Bijuus are related to actual animals, then where does 8-tails come from? I don't think there's any other Ox-topus in Narutoverse.
Old 2012-01-28, 07:30   Link #116
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
I don't think so. as ero-senn1n pointed out, pain summoned a bunch of different beasts.
I wanted to mention the rinnegan user as an exception. The rinnegan gives him that power, those who don't have it cannot do such things as using all 5 elements. But using the elemental analogy, we see how Kakashi can use 4 elements because he is so good, so if it is so with summons too then there's no reason to think that one cannot have a blood contract with more than one kind of animal. In the anime it is explained when Jiraiya asks the 3rd hokage that there is some kind of affinity to one animal species in each ninja, then Jiraiya performs a summon jutsu while he doesn't have any blood contract and he randomly finds out that his animal type is the frog. On the other hand there's the blood contract thing, apparently that is needed, so in theory one could have blood contract with a dozen animal species and be able to summon them. In that case having only 1 summon animal species is a soft limitation, similarily to jounins having 2 elemental affinities learned, which means they can in theory learn any number of elements and have any number of blood contracts with species, it depends only on their talent and hard working.
If there is a definitive answer to this then it is probably in the data book, so you should ask someone like Hunter, who knows everything about these data books and manga chapters

Quote:
I also don't think sasuke would just lose his ability to summon snakes. its not like mondo had a chance to report back to his fellow snakes that sasuke used him. of course they must have noticed he was dead and that apparently nobody came to tell them what happened, but using the sharingan or rinnegan (like when controlling bijou) is all about forcing the beasts to your will. it doesn't matter if the snakes like sasuke or not, he can still summon them and manipulate them with the sharingan assuming the blood contract is still in existence.
Taking the kyuubi as an example, it seems Sasuke should be able to summon any snake he wants and force it to do whatever he wants. Even Tobi could force the kyuubi to do whatever he wanted, using his regularly looking sharingan.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 15:12   Link #117
Kafriel
Senior Guest

What strikes me as weird is that Sasuke started with snakes, then we learned that his clan is affiliated with foxes (or were they cats?), and then boom, he summons a hawk
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 15:14   Link #118
Jouten

Quote:
What strikes me as weird is that Sasuke started with snakes, then we learned that his clan is affiliated with foxes (or were they cats?), and then boom, he summons a hawk
fuck logic
Old 2012-01-28, 19:45   Link #119
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post

However we have never seen Sasuke summoning a snake after the moment he cried and awakened the MS eyes and a hawk was flying there. As if his soul changing from the clever revenge seeking guy who is making plans to kill people like Orochimaru and Itachi to a mad guy who is obsessed with revenge resulted in him losing his affinity to one kind of animal and gaining affinity to another.
I think when Sasuke lost his Cursed Seal and with it his last link to Oro, he lost most of Oro's abilities. Definitely he lost the regeneration. He probably lost summoning snakes too. I'm guessing the CS may have doubled as his contract with the snakes but that was never made clear one way or the other.

Quote:
Here i'm assuming that someone's summon animal reflects his character. But then the hawk is not the symbol of madness but it might be the symbol of the ruthlessness of a predator, and Sasuke is now behaving as a predator who wants to kill people.
Gai summons turtles, which are animals with qualities the exact opposite of his personality...but that's probably an intentional joke. In Sasuke's case, yes. His summons do seem to kind of represent his inner self. Hawks are a natural predator of snakes, so him summoning both animals would be kind of a conflict there.

Quote:
Sasuke could summon hawks since day one man.

Spoiler:

jk. Yeah, it came out of nowhere.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 20:35   Link #120
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post

Sasuke could summon hawks since day one man.

Spoiler:

jk. Yeah, it came out of nowhere.

LMAO Sweet.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, weekly chapter thread, weekly spoiler discussion