Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-27, 06:48   Link #1061
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Would using an M16 assault rifle do?

As for the cooking... mayonaise? Really? That stuff is disgusting. How about marinara sauce instead?!

Watching Eps. 8 -- I cannot help but feel as if I had missed something regarding Mitsuhide. As in, where the hell did her attitude come from?
Historically, her real-life persona betrayed Nobunaga and led to his death. I don't know what happens in the light novels though.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 08:00   Link #1062
Xaturas

Btw do they have chicken farms in old japan?
I just wonder where they got the eggs for mayo, not to mention points for Saru for knowing the right recipe for mayo.
Considering that they have tube'd egg sausages in jpn or china or somewhere in asia ^^.
Old 2012-08-27, 08:07   Link #1063
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Btw do they have chicken farms in old japan?
I just wonder where they got the eggs for mayo, not to mention points for Saru for knowing the right recipe for mayo.
Considering that they have tube'd egg sausages in jpn or china or somewhere in asia ^^.
Wow.......I am actually astonish, Japan is very creative. How on Earth did they do that.

Back to topic, pretty sure they still have chickens in the Sengoku era already or Nobuna brought some from European traders.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 08:53   Link #1064
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
For me, a heavy shielded samurai phalanx with guns as support and light lancer cavalry for all out pursuit will make Saru an unbeatable tactician and strategist..!!!

What am I saying Saru (aka. Hideyoshi) has already made himself stand with the great militarist geniuses of the world.

Samurai phalanx with guns. That's basically what Nobunaga did in real life. I was talking more about a badass personal weapon. Assuming below is not available:

Quote:
Would using an M16 assault rifle do?

Yeah, if I was planning to time travel, I'd bring one of those

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I had this weird feeling when Sagara told Louise that the future he's from is peaceful with no wars Maybe he's just referring to Japan but still...
When you said Louise, at first I thought you meant Nobuna, referring to how Sagara's situation is kinda similar to Saito's in Zero No Tsukaima- teleported into another world with a lower tech level (minus the magic power to use any weapon).
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 09:06   Link #1065
Xaturas

Unless you people would bring hundreds of ammo.
I don't see you making casings and even reusing the used ones would be a problem. First of all you would need make lead bullet in proper shape (gl with that) then you would need to have proper gun powder amount/mixture and primer to fire the bullet.
Basically any gun newer than typical black powder guns would be useless. Only thing you could do is make a threaded blackpowder gun modification.

Any modern weapon without required supply would utterly fail in that times. And we don't have handheld fusion laser guns or handheld railguns yet do we ?

All he could take would be middle ages full plate armor, so he would be immune against katan slashes and most of piercing weapons.
Old 2012-08-27, 10:06   Link #1066
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post

When you said Louise, at first I thought you meant Nobuna, referring to how Sagara's situation is kinda similar to Saito's in Zero No Tsukaima- teleported into another world with a lower tech level (minus the magic power to use any weapon).
I had to go back to be previous episode to check but yeah that's her name.

First thing Nobuna needs to give her is a pair of bra.

Quote:

All he could take would be middle ages full plate armor, so he would be immune against katan slashes and most of piercing weapons.
I highly doubt he has the stamina to run around in it.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 11:04   Link #1067
Scout_Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
Samurai phalanx with guns. That's basically what Nobunaga did in real life. I was talking more about a badass personal weapon. Assuming below is not available:

how's about making a carbine version of the Tanegashima and bring in the Samurai Dragoon Troop ?
Scout_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 12:01   Link #1068
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I can't really hate Mitsuhide on what she did. I don't think she realize she was a part of Tsuda's plan to gain a share in the takoyaki market. Also she comes from traditional mindset of what loyal samurais do which she think Nobuna also shares when in truth, Nobuna's beliefs are very different from her.

Of course, will the distrusts between the two lead to the infamous temple incident?
Old 2012-08-27, 12:13   Link #1069
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Any modern weapon without required supply would utterly fail in that times. And we don't have handheld fusion laser guns or handheld railguns yet do we ?
I was thinking for defense in a short term time travel mission, unlike the scenario in the anime, i.e. to rescue a stranded time traveler or something. And yes, bring plenty of ammo. Although really, to avoid changing history, that would be a last resort, better off to use a flashbang, tear gas, a taser or something non-lethal, but would disable and or scare the crap out of them.

That's why I said in Saru's situation, his best bet would be an upgraded (bayonet, double barrel, rifling, perhaps even a crude pepperbox revolver-style mechanism) tanegashima.

Last edited by SPARTAN 119; 2012-08-27 at 12:29.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 13:02   Link #1070
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

He should get with Nobuna's weaponsmiths and see if they can make working shell casings.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 13:30   Link #1071
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
He should get with Nobuna's weaponsmiths and see if they can make working shell casings.
You're joking right ^^?
Give them few hundreds years and maybe they will get close to it at best.

Imo he should have taken some encyclopedia and blueprints, at least if he knew he would go back in time. Or some type of electronic device, with sunlight battery, with electronic encyclopedias on hdd.

Anyway was it even explained how he got there in the first place? Can be even novel spoiler. Because frankly noone even cares how he went back in time, they just go "uhuh ok whatever man" and go back to their usual daily chit chat.
I would expect at least someone would think about it how he got there. Unless its just one big acid trip from MC, or other type of daydreaming.
Old 2012-08-27, 14:02   Link #1072
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Why? What's so hard about it?
Old 2012-08-27, 14:18   Link #1073
YF19EX

Not counting the type of precision that goes into modern ammo production, the powder technology is way behind the curve. In order to drive even a semiautomatic you need the power modern smokeless powder can create. Black powder just doesn't have it. It's dirty, corrosive and fouls firearms fast. You need a industrial revolution in technology to probably make basic paper based metallic cartridges.
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 14:44   Link #1074
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
An even more important concept:

Spoiler:

Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 14:50   Link #1075
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:

Spoiler:

Didn't really need that for spoilers, but I agree. That in itself needs to be there first before anything can be mass produce. Sagara can do many things with innovation to counteract what Japan can currently produce. Small concepts such as battle formations and techniques are also important. Even construction techniques can give you plenty of advantage, agriculture farming styles grow food more quickly and yield, and many other things. I am pretty sure they didn't know how to purify water from salt water back in the Sengoku age, that will be big for Nobuna's army.
Old 2012-08-27, 14:54   Link #1076
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YF19EX View Post
Not counting the type of precision that goes into modern ammo production, the powder technology is way behind the curve. In order to drive even a semiautomatic you need the power modern smokeless powder can create. Black powder just doesn't have it. It's dirty, corrosive and fouls firearms fast. You need a industrial revolution in technology to probably make basic paper based metallic cartridges.
I didn't say anything about semi-automatic weapons. I said "shell casings". It doesn't have to be as good as what we have now, or what we had a century ago. It just has to be better than what they have. (I'm thinking about the reloading speed.)
Old 2012-08-27, 15:25   Link #1077
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
I didn't say anything about semi-automatic weapons. I said "shell casings". It doesn't have to be as good as what we have now, or what we had a century ago. It just has to be better than what they have. (I'm thinking about the reloading speed.)
True, if Sagara can somehow make the matchlock more effective by increasing reload speed then it is a huge advantage. Usually matchlock rifles is a death trap if an enemy gets up to 5 meters of you, with better reloading the chances of that happening decrease. Though first they need to have the concept of it and find a different firing mechanism than lighting a fuse. With a fuse, you are waiting to fire so you are working at the weapons capabilities than yourself.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2012-08-27 at 15:37.
Old 2012-08-27, 16:49   Link #1078
Xaturas

Quote:
The best he could do is making that auto prepared Black Powder Rifle bags. I watched or read about it somewhere long ago. Basically it was previously prepared bag with black powder and stuff, that reduced reload time of the guns, compared to filling the powder yourself and doing rest of the stuff required.
But thats it, maybe also some low level rifling at best.

However for anything modern Sagara is to dumb, and they don't have even tools required to make it. You can't make a bullet casings in a Blacksmith barn, its to hi-tec.
Old 2012-08-27, 16:57   Link #1079
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:

Spoiler:

It existed. Furthermore, if we're talking about Fordism, there isn't the population for it.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 17:02   Link #1080
Cyprene

Sagara's a high school student in a country with no private firearms ownership. His big hobby is playing video games.
The odds of him knowing enough about weapons technology to do anything are slim to none.
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, historical, romance, shounen