AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-24, 10:46   Link #181
Fjoergyn

Both boys are on the same path, from his heart between two people. I say if the princess plays that role, I think nobody will be happy here
Old 2013-06-24, 11:03   Link #182
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I'm getting that feeling as well. I'm seeing the ending to Code Geass. One male lead dead, the other in a form of exile. Saki has plot armor and I think Shoko will survive.
Old 2013-06-24, 18:48   Link #183
alluka

Shoko almost broke in this episode, and I think it's good that she learns that not anything can be resolved so easily and that she has to harden herself and work hard to protect her country.
Spoiler for space:

Someone translated the text in Shoko's shirt:

目玉焼き (めだまやき). "Sunny-side-up" fried eggs (Oh sunrise your subtle teasing is killing me)

She also may have a weird sense of fashion, but her clothing choice holds some meaning. Like this one that indicates her positiveness that attracts others like a sun.
Old 2013-06-24, 23:56   Link #184
BadtheGuy

Dat Egg reference. What the hell.
Old 2013-06-25, 04:34   Link #185
Destined_Fate

Maybe it's a call back to L-Elf's egg comment? We also know Shoko loves eating meat and her first shirt in the anime had meat products over it.

So Shoko is the Eggs and Ham and L-Elf knows better than to try and share that but does Haruto?
Old 2013-06-25, 09:37   Link #186
Fjoergyn

L-elf is possessive so you'll have to face haruto to keep the love of shoko, maybe Saki gets in the middle to damage that relationship and see haruto happy with the woman he truly loves.

Then at the end Saki x L-elf two lonely souls united by grief
Old 2013-06-25, 09:51   Link #187
mayumi

L-Elf still has his princess. Saki forever alone with VVV-chan.
Old 2013-06-25, 10:02   Link #188
Destined_Fate

Saki doesn't trust L-Elf though and has rarely interacted with him. This seems to be going the route of Macross where former crushes drift away due to circumstances and find someone else.

L-Elf's relationship with the Princess doesn't seem to be romantic. Especially when he gloated early on in the series about one upping her/proving her wrong and thus winning. Wonder what happened to damage their relationship.
Old 2013-06-28, 09:16   Link #189
Destined_Fate

Remember all Roads lead to Rome? Well in Valrave all Roads lead to Shoko.

She's the reason two of the pilots are in Valvrave's, became Prime Minister, and has forced L-Elf to adapt and change somewhat. Though to be fair Haruto kinda blackmailed L-Elf as well to push him a long.
Old 2013-06-28, 10:38   Link #190
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

The thing that I dislike about this is that SHE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT SHE REALLY DOES NOT KNOW. Anyone gets me? It's the opposite of "the one who knows what he doesn't is the one who really knows". She's still not aware of the existence of magius and the real deal 'bout Valvrave though, she's a prime minister.
Old 2013-06-28, 14:26   Link #191
Irenesharda

That's true. I wonder how long they are going to keep Shoko in the dark about the true nature of the curse they bear. And will Haruto's choice to keep his status as a Magius, a secret from Shoko, come back to haunt him?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-28, 15:36   Link #192
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
That's true. I wonder how long they are going to keep Shoko in the dark about the true nature of the curse they bear. And will Haruto's choice to keep his status as a Magius, a secret from Shoko, come back to haunt him?
Going by Shoko's character, she'll accept him. Now, if Haruto takes a darker turn that's where things will probably go wrong. And sprawling of secrets, how long will it be until Haruto finds out he killed her father?
Old 2013-06-28, 15:42   Link #193
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Haruto next season: joining a new organization, human experiment, ending the "curse" and as well as founding a new nation. Haruto is walking down a whole new path different from Shoko's, I want to see her reaction after learning all the thing that happened. I'm curious what she will do now if she still remained as a human.
Old 2013-06-28, 15:42   Link #194
erhyka

Yeah I agree, when Shoko finds out hes an immortal vampire lol, she's not going to reject him, but it would be an interesting turn if Shoko is the one who ends up killing him instead of Saki.
Old 2013-06-28, 16:25   Link #195
~BC~

I'm actually wondering where this whole Magius reveal will take her role. Since the idea seems to be that they position themselves in leadership positions to manipulate humanity does that mean her father was a Magius also? Or was he a human who caught on to their existence and started the Valvrave project in an attempt to free humanity. This will probably have an impact on where they'll take Shoko's development.
Old 2013-06-28, 16:31   Link #196
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
I'm actually wondering where this whole Magius reveal will take her role. Since the idea seems to be that they position themselves in leadership positions to manipulate humanity does that mean her father was a Magius also? Or was he a human who caught on to their existence and started the Valvrave project in an attempt to free humanity. This will probably have an impact on where they'll take Shoko's development.
I'm hoping it's the latter. Granted he could still be a Magius but doesn't like the way the Magius do things and was thus rebelling.
Old 2013-06-28, 16:38   Link #197
~BC~

Yup, that's another possibility. Though I'm hoping if they go there that he's of a generation of Magius that doesn't have immortality (even though that has it's own mind-screw potential).
Old 2013-06-28, 17:03   Link #198
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
Yup, that's another possibility. Though I'm hoping if they go there that he's of a generation of Magius that doesn't have immortality (even though that has it's own mind-screw potential).
Agree, if they pull a Shouko with her dad, I'm gonna call BS.
Old 2013-06-28, 17:04   Link #199
Irenesharda

I think it's more likely he was human. If he was a Magius Dorssia wouldn't have tried to execute him with machine guns. And they wouldn't have gone into that sham trial of him creating WMDs.

Now, with VVV, anything is possible, but I think he was more than likely human.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-28, 18:27   Link #200
~BC~

That's assuming knowledge of the Magius goes that far in the ranks. Seeing as they held the trial on the ship knowledge of what happened wouldn't reach the higher ups until later.

But yeah, I'm sticking with human unless the show says otherwise.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters