AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon - 2006 - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 88 59.06%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 27.52%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 8.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.34%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-26, 08:53   Link #161
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

From left to right: fubar84, Ascaloth

"That's for not looking where you were voting!" *WHACK*

Old 2007-02-26, 09:24   Link #162
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
rewatch of ep 21 .... for some reason I find Nayuki's voice just kind of entrancing to listen to .... she's got those frequencies really hitting the neural wires. Its a little unfortunate they had her rather backgrounded after the few episode or two (or in scenes reacting to Ayu) but I suppose that had to do with the amount she's going to get focused on her now.

Next episode is undoubtedly going to be pretty painful as the revelations start piling up.
だよね?

We haven't heard Nayuki sounding this nice since the beginning of first episode, this being her "intimate" voice, and that was just a brief moment.

I'm hoping next episode brings us more of that, but I know that next episode isn't exactly going to be easy to watch.
Old 2007-02-26, 09:53   Link #163
fubar84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Just when everyone thought Kanon 2006 was finally gonna get an episode with a decent "clean-sheet" record of no gutter votes below 5 (when even our favourite serial gutter-voter voted a remarkably high 7), then comes fubar84 with his horrendously unforgivable mistake. lol

He must be reminded of this blunder for eternity by all Kanon 2006 fans in this board. While I pity the poor bastard, he kind of brought it upon himself.
Please spare me, kind ecchi's and hentai's!! I meant no wrong, and whilst I concur that my actions were poor, thy must remember Jesus said: "Let the children come to me, love thy neighbour, and forgive fubar84s silly voting!"

Otherwise, uguuuuuuu...
Old 2007-02-26, 10:43   Link #164
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by fubar84 View Post
Please spare me, kind ecchi's and hentai's!! I meant no wrong, and whilst I concur that my actions were poor, thy must remember Jesus said: "Let the children come to me, love thy neighbour, and forgive fubar84s silly voting!"

Otherwise, uguuuuuuu...
Too bad, I'm not Christian. PREPARE TO DIE! Be grateful I didn't give you any neg reps.

On the other hand, you may try to redeem yourself by pleading with the mods that you made a mistake, since it is you who've made that vote. Though I doubt the mods would heed your pleading, in which case, let it be a lesson to you to look and think carefully before you vote, less you end up voting for a politician you hate to power by accident when you grow up.
Old 2007-02-26, 11:14   Link #165
fubar84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Too bad, I'm not Christian. PREPARE TO DIE! Be grateful I didn't give you any neg reps.

On the other hand, you may try to redeem yourself by pleading with the mods that you made a mistake, since it is you who've made that vote. Though I doubt the mods would heed your pleading, in which case, let it be a lesson to you to look and think carefully before you vote, less you end up voting for a politician you hate to power by accident when you grow up.

That is indeed a scary thought.. I shall retreat and whip myself with a hankerchief untill I learn what's right and wrong.

If the mods want to retract my besmudged vote, they can *plead*
Old 2007-02-26, 12:17   Link #166
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Meh.... the polls are transitory pain.
Old 2007-02-26, 13:42   Link #167
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
im sorry i havent looked through the replies that have been made so far, im in a hurry today.
watched this episode. this is absolutely a 10. the only problem is that they left me in anticipation of the following events. it's really hard to wait till friday.
Speaking of U1. So it turns out he was mean and he forgot about it. He's not hopeless as we can see but it still think there's smth of a lunatic in him. Also he's extremely lucky that Nayuki is such a kind person. Were she like Kaede he'd surely be dead or disabled by this time.
Old 2007-02-26, 14:05   Link #168
p33gles

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well, I don't think that chibi Nayuki was trying to comfort chibi Yuichi. She hadn't a clue about what was happening and was trying to confess to him. When he didn't respond, it dawned on her finally that something was wrong and the rest is history.

Talk about clueless. Sorry, no sympathy from me for that scene. That was the worst case of poor timing I've seen.
The kid is sitting there crying I can't believe someone wouldn't think that was strange and ask what was wrong in the first place. Nevermind Nayuki... Blood is thicker than water...

Certainly one of the more dramatic episode endings... I was anticipating that something like that was going to happen, but to actually see it (they didn't show it happening in 2k2 did they?)...

I'm sure Akkiko-san will pull through... She's the all knowing person even though she doesn't say anything.

I know it's a bit beside the point, but how come no one tells Yuuichi what happened 7yrs ago? Akkiko-san did hint at the big tree being cut down, as did Nayuki about Ayu... But I suppose if they told him what happen there wouldn't be much of a story...

Yuuichi is suffering from post-traumatic stress coupled by amnesia which is a self-preservation mechanism. He associates everything to what happened 7yrs ago.

Last edited by p33gles; 2007-02-26 at 14:09. Reason: Reply to nikorai
Old 2007-02-26, 14:39   Link #169
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
speaking of the above, i guess a viewer is supposed to have an idea of what could happen 7 years ago, there had been some hints. personally it's mostly interesting for me as im one of a few people here who didnt play the game
Old 2007-02-26, 18:55   Link #170
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Well, I don't think that chibi Nayuki was trying to comfort chibi Yuichi. She hadn't a clue about what was happening and was trying to confess to him. When he didn't respond, it dawned on her finally that something was wrong and the rest is history.

Talk about clueless. Sorry, no sympathy from me for that scene. That was the worst case of poor timing I've seen.

Spoiler:

In reality, a lot worse would have been said by some kids.

It's like modern day Nayuki. It finally dawned on her in the coffee shop that he loved Ayu. She's not tuned into Yuichi's feelings as much as Ayu was imo.
that is harsh T_T i wont blame nayuki for what she did...yea shes clueless but its cuase she is innocent and naive ~ cant hold a grudge to that face *melts*

she knew that yuuichi was going to leave for quite some time so decided to tell him her feelings before he leaves to get him to notice her...i gotta say yuuichi likes using nayuki for her own needs...*thinks back to him borrowing money to catch taht doll for ayu* but she didnt mind at all...

gah nayuki was just unlucky she caught him at a rather bad timing >.< but being clueless is part of her personality ~ so it would be more out of character for her to notice yuuichi crying

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-02-26, 19:02   Link #171
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
God Damnit! That accident scene was scary! If there were blood there then the impact on the viewers would be greater!
Disagree with that actually. What made that scene so shocking was that it all happened in an instant. I think the subtle symbolism of the spilled cake was actually far more chilling than any blood spilling on the ground... which is actually something that's turned into a bit of a cliche in anime. I don't think KyoAni could have handled that scene better. They were aiming to be shocking, but by showing a bit of restraint they managed to make it more shocking than if they were completely explicit with everything, IMO (which, I'd argue, would have ruined the atmosphere had they gone too over-the-top).
Old 2007-02-26, 19:15   Link #172
Bloody Nightingale
Banzai~! Banzai~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
that is harsh T_T i wont blame nayuki for what she did...yea shes clueless but its cuase she is innocent and naive ~ cant hold a grudge to that face *melts*

she knew that yuuichi was going to leave for quite some time so decided to tell him her feelings before he leaves to get him to notice her...i gotta say yuuichi likes using nayuki for her own needs...*thinks back to him borrowing money to catch taht doll for ayu* but she didnt mind at all...

gah nayuki was just unlucky she caught him at a rather bad timing >.< but being clueless is part of her personality ~ so it would be more out of character for her to notice yuuichi crying

Well, to be honest no one is really at fault, that's why its a tragedy. We cant blame U1 for he was already in a dangerously unstable condition after (*censored for spoiler*), and Nayuki was simply clueless of what's going on and tried to comfort U1 by telling him that she will always be by his side. When grief and care comes in contact at the wrong timing, tragedy arise.
Old 2007-02-26, 20:33   Link #173
New/Old
Old to the New

Heh heh. Yes, yes. That is indeed correct, Nightingale.

Hmm-hmm. One can only wonder what is to be done from this point on. What will happen next and in what sequence? It is a viewing time for me. To see what is to be done, but I cannot help but feel excited. The ride has been most pleasant and the ending stretch lies before. It is the wrap up that shall have me thinking upon and the winding stretch of events that won't feel as such until the very end.
Old 2007-02-26, 20:38   Link #174
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

I concur as well.

It seems KyoAni is fairly consistant with high quality episodes as their shows come to a conclusion. Pulled off well, and it'll ensure Kanon 2006 a spot on my favorite anime list.

I can't really blame any character at this point. They all seem to be victims of circumstance.
Old 2007-02-26, 22:53   Link #175
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

But you guys are assigning mature thoughts in the head of a 10 yo. It doesn't happen that way. She was doing the basic "I love (have a crush) you." without noting that the kid is crying his eyes out on a bench. It dawned on her after a while to ask why. If she truly cared about him and not more about confessing and giving him the snow bunny she would have asked up front without the time delay.

I'd describe her as clueless and slightly selfish. She was more "Wow, I can confess before he leaves" and not "Hey, what's wrong." She dug her own grave imo.
Old 2007-02-26, 23:04   Link #176
Raniie

She wasn't focusing much on Yuuichi when she was trying to confess to him. You might want to rewatch the scene again to understand why she wasn't aware of it right away.

Remember, she just finished making that snow bunny. It did took a lot of effort for her, just look at her fingers, they're all red. The pain and effort was still running thru her mind to notice what was wrong with Yuuichi. She was still a fair distance away from him, too. It's not until she got closer to notice something was wrong with him. From her distance point of view, he probably was just looking down, but from our view, we obviously know there is something wrong with him.
Old 2007-02-26, 23:16   Link #177
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
But you guys are assigning mature thoughts in the head of a 10 yo. It doesn't happen that way. She was doing the basic "I love (have a crush) you." without noting that the kid is crying his eyes out on a bench. It dawned on her after a while to ask why. If she truly cared about him and not more about confessing and giving him the snow bunny she would have asked up front without the time delay.

I'd describe her as clueless and slightly selfish. She was more "Wow, I can confess before he leaves" and not "Hey, what's wrong." She dug her own grave imo.
*Nods*
Whether or not she intended to come across that way doesn't really matter, because that's how Yuuichi perceived it. Ayu would have forgotten all about confessing, dropped the snow bunny, and run up to him and immediately asked what was wrong. Nayuki, however, was too absorbed in what was going on with her to notice that something much more serious was going on with Yuuichi.

Clearly, this brings the Ayu vs. Nayuki battle to a satisfactory conclusion that Ayu > Nayuki.
[/sarcasm]
Old 2007-02-27, 00:32   Link #178
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

When I rewatched ep 21 with the a.f.k. sub, I had a strange thought: during the homework scene, Nayuki did the sleep on the floor bit on purpose! I think that she (for whatever reason) wanted to make sure what Yuuichi thought of her (in a romantic sense, of course). Well, we know what answer she got...

Old 2007-02-27, 03:24   Link #179
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
rewatch of ep 21 .... for some reason I find Nayuki's voice just kind of entrancing to listen to .... she's got those frequencies really hitting the neural wires.
I very agree on this matter. In one of my previous post I stated as my admiration/liking for Nayuki is consistently grown in the last episodes (admiration coming just from this version, since there wasn't in 2002), and I'd say that 50% of the merit goes to the seiyuu (Kouda Mariko) for the wonderful performance. I'd seriously be in a pinch if I had to choose the best voice actor for this series, I'd rather compile a list of those who imho couldn't absolutely be replaced, and Nayuki's will probably be on the top there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Can someone make me a gif of the scene where Yuuichi whacked Makoto one over the head with a newspaper?

Once that's done, I'm posting it up here just for fubar84. Makoto=fubar84, Yuuichi=me.
There was also an avatar sized gif of that scene that I made after episode 6 aired.

Auuu... just in case
Old 2007-02-27, 04:24   Link #180
Aatsuke

Send a message via AIM to Aatsuke
Well, I finally got around to watching this episode. Had to put it off until today due to a busy weekend. Although, with a cliffhanger ending like that, I'm almost happy I didn't watch it on day one.

Quite a good episode.

This has been one of my personal favorite episodes so far. KyoAni handled the revelations about the past quite well. I haven't been this engrossed in an episode of Kanon since back in the Mai arc (Don't get me wrong, the Shiori arc was great, it just didn't have as much of an impact on me as Mai's story did.)

My god, Nayuki is just too cute this entire episode. I especially liked the scene where she and Yuuichi were studying together. Too bad Nayuki had such terrible timing when she was little! It would have been interesting to see how Yuuichi would have responded in any other situation. I gotta hand it to her seiyuu, very well done. On the whole, I've liked her voice since episode one, but ep 21 really sealed the deal for me.

And the ending... Where should I start?

O_o

Very surprising, I felt the episode building up to something big but I didn't expect it to be that. I actually ended up choking on some ramen I was eating while watching it. One hell of a cliffhanger, going to be a very long week waiting for ep 22.
Closed Thread