AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-09-18, 02:21   Link #501
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Thanks for linking that. If I change language to Japanese on the site by removing eng from the address, I can grab the japanese names and use them on Amazon. Like I said, I wish to buy my stuff from there. And as it would seem, Amazon has all of those in stock .. yay.

Now I just need to find this Miyama Zero book, this one. As you can see, it is out of stock on Amazon
Old 2010-09-18, 11:12   Link #502
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Thanks for linking that. If I change language to Japanese on the site by removing eng from the address, I can grab the japanese names and use them on Amazon. Like I said, I wish to buy my stuff from there. And as it would seem, Amazon has all of those in stock .. yay.

Now I just need to find this Miyama Zero book, this one. As you can see, it is out of stock on Amazon
On import sites, I could only find this newer Miyama Zero artbook:

http://benippon.com/en/zero-miyama-c...oeoh-selection
http://www.yesasia.com/us/kasutamu-m...0-en/info.html

If you really wanted that particular artbook, what I'd recommend doing is braving the "used sellers" on Amazon. There are quite a few, they're selling it for cheap, and it shouldn't be too hard with a little bit of auto-translation software and low-level Japanese knowledge: http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/offer-lis...condition=used
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 01:57   Link #503
Dist

Yup. The only problem is, they don't ship to outside of Japan :/. Atleast usually... I think I've only seen one seller that shipped once overseas but even then it was so expensive that I didn't buy it.

And I have the newer one like I said, just missing that one

Although now that I think about it, is that book even Zero's ? Looking closer to the cover, the art style seems different. What I like about Zero's works is his/her? particular style so if that book isn't even his then I don't want it :P

Just that, the book name also says MOEOH like the other one so I thought it would be his but .. now i'm confused.
Old 2010-09-19, 13:13   Link #504
einhorn303

Quote:
Just that, the book name also says MOEOH like the other one so I thought it would be his but .. now i'm confused.
Well, Dengeki Moeoh is a magazine dedicated to illustration and bishoujo. So I'd imagine it's some sort of imprint related to the magazine.
Old 2010-09-24, 19:29   Link #505
Tealeafy
✿Higurashi+Umineko Fan✿

I was wondering where people have been getting these Elfen Lied figurines?
Spoiler for Lucy & Nana:

Are they discontinued, only available in Japan, or just really rare?
Tealeafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 08:19   Link #506
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
My guess would be that they've gone OOP but there might be a chance that you'll find them at some event (I managed to get a Fuko Ibuki figure at a event last year and even that wasn't available anywhere else I looked).
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 05:41   Link #507
Aaerul

I am thinking of importing some Anime on Bluray or on DVDs from Japan. Wondering if they will have an option to enable Japanese subtitles? Anyone know. thanks
Aaerul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 20:46   Link #508
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

does anyone know of a good place to purchase 3D mouse pads from the internet? mouse pads as in the ecchi ones.

I found some on AmiAmi, hlj, hobby search, ebay. but they dont seem to carry the series i want. I am looking for the mouse pads from the series called "Omamori Himari" and "Sora no Otoshimono". Ebay has Sora no Otoshimono however but not Omamori Himari
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 06:42   Link #509
demonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaerul View Post
I am thinking of importing some Anime on Bluray or on DVDs from Japan. Wondering if they will have an option to enable Japanese subtitles? Anyone know. thanks
I've never known any Japanese DVDs that have Japanese subtitles so I'm guessing that blurays will be the same.
Old 2010-10-10, 16:39   Link #510
Kudryavka

Anyone know of any stores that sell Japanese magazines in the US? I know about the online stores that ship to here, but they only ever offer hobby mags and seinen mags like Hobby Japan and the Dengeki spectrum. These stores are cool, but they're severely limited in demographic, since their selections mainly cater to adult men. The magazines I want are Dengeki G's Magazine, for the manga serializations, and some other mags that focus exclusively on manga, namely Nakayoshi, Ribon, and Bessatsu Friend.

I also know of Kinokuniya, but I can't find a listing of what mags they sell anywhere. I'm leaning towards Asahiya, because they offer subscriptions of every mag I want, but their site is completely in Japanese, despite being located in the US, which kinda makes me think they're one of those stores that only cater to Japanese (or at the very least, Japanese speakers). Any other stores?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 16:59   Link #511
Dist

Amazon.co.jp

Yeah I know it's not in the US but atleast you can change the site partially to english, and they ship worldwide. And since the prices are well.. normal, not 30 bucks per magazine, if you order more than 1 it's same price as it would from picking up few from the local store ... atleast that's the way it seems to me.

... I'm not sure if there is actually any stores in the US that would sell those that you're looking for. I've tried to find alternatives to Amazon for a long time now, but no luck really.
Old 2010-10-10, 17:08   Link #512
Kudryavka

Quote:
Amazon.co.jp

Yeah I know it's not in the US but atleast you can change the site partially to english, and they ship worldwide. And since the prices are well.. normal, not 30 bucks per magazine, if you order more than 1 it's same price as it would from picking up few from the local store ... atleast that's the way it seems to me.

... I'm not sure if there is actually any stores in the US that would sell those that you're looking for. I've tried to find alternatives to Amazon for a long time now, but no luck really.
Amazon's shipping is okay right?

At Asahiya, Bessatsu Friend is $8 ($6 per issue with a year subscription), and Dengeki is $12 ($10 with a subscription). Are Amazon's prices + shipping still better?

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2010-10-10 at 17:22.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 04:52   Link #513
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Guys I'm trying to find the Full Metal Panic novels here in the EU (the english translations by TokyoPOP) but I've yet to find them anywere reliable (even less anything remotely cheap).
Well just wanted to drop by to say my problem sorted itself out apparently: BookDepository.co.uk now has the first 2 volumes in stock for cheap and I've already placed my order, now to see if they can get the 3rd and I'll be set.
Old 2010-10-19, 10:52   Link #514
Dist

Slow reply .. Ahem, not sure Komari. Amazon has very expensive shipping actually, and it's only worth of it if you order several magazines at once. I think the shipping starts from 3000 yen, and then is 300 yen per each additional item.

As for magazine prices, they vary from 700 to 900 yen each. You do the math. But it's probably not worth of it if you can find shop inside US .. Maybe that Asahiya ? Even if their website is in japanese, shouldn't be too hard to figure out how to order.
Old 2010-10-20, 01:36   Link #515
demonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
No really I need costumes
That last post was directed at someone else NOT you.
Old 2010-10-20, 12:07   Link #516
Aaerul

accessories

I'm looking for a piece of accessory that is like the racoon tail on Inaba Yui, pictured below (Not the figure but the racoon tail that is hanging off her dress). I am also looking for cute accessories in general as well as umbrellas from Japan. Any help appreciated
Spoiler for size:

edit: nevermind the racoon tail, i managed to find something sort of similar from Ebay.com

Last edited by Aaerul; 2010-10-21 at 06:06. Reason: ebay
Aaerul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 12:03   Link #517
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

So, I am thinking of buying some BD/DVDs but I really want to read a review on it. Does anyone know of a website that gives a genuine review of the BD/DVD. For example, not ANN.
Old 2010-10-24, 09:57   Link #518
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

I have been searching for Hakusensha's Melody magazine June 2009 issue for a long time now. I tried my luck with eBay,Amazon,cdjapan,kinokuniya,etc,etc but to no avail. Can anyone help with this?
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 12:46   Link #519
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
So, I am thinking of buying some BD/DVDs but I really want to read a review on it. Does anyone know of a website that gives a genuine review of the BD/DVD. For example, not ANN.
I usually prefer the reviews of AnimeOnDVD (now subsumed by Mania):

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/forumdisplay.php?f=67
http://www.mania.com/all_reviews.php?category=146

For DVD/BD, they actually give individual sections to Audio, Video, Packaging, Menu, Extras, and Content. And they're much less judgmental about different kinds of shows. And they review hentai too, which ANN outright refuses to.

I think this review for the Eden of the East BD gives a good idea of their thoroughness and style: http://www.mania.com/eden-east-compl...le_123226.html
Old 2010-11-01, 11:16   Link #520
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Great! This is what a review should be like. ANN pales in so many ways.

Thanks.

Tags
anime dvd suggestions, anime movies, help finding an anime, manga, purchase, streaming anime