Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-27, 23:44   Link #1681
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by snsninja View Post
I got some of what they were saying but not the part we need
You mean the part where they mention Seasons 3, 4, 5, 6, and 100, and something about "Panty and Stocking IN SPACE" and whatnot?

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 23:53   Link #1682
snsninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
You mean the part where they mention Seasons 3, 4, 5, 6, and 100, and something about "Panty and Stocking IN SPACE" and whatnot?
Pretty much
I thought it said Panty IN SPACE though
snsninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 00:00   Link #1683
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

They aren't confirming it, Panty basically just says there will be a second season and Stocking says it's not confirmed yet, and they go on joking, etc. I'm guessing it just depends on BD+DVD numbers, and, going by pre-order numbers, while the sales look to be on what would be the break even point for most series, considering how low cost PSG production looks, I'm guessing the sales are within profit range.
Old 2010-12-28, 00:06   Link #1684
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
They aren't confirming it, Panty basically just says there will be a second season and Stocking says it's not confirmed yet, and they go on joking, etc. I'm guessing it just depends on BD+DVD numbers, and, going by pre-order numbers, while the sales look to be on what would be the break even point for most series, considering how low cost PSG production looks, I'm guessing the sales are within profit range.
So wait, how exactly are the sales looking right now? Good or bad?

Old 2010-12-28, 00:13   Link #1685
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Well, for it, good I suppose. I'm just talking about BD pre-order numbers I saw though, without DVD numbers. We'll get the total sales (DVD+BD) numbers in a week or two, and the DVD numbers should be out tomorrow/today.
Old 2010-12-28, 00:31   Link #1686
7Th
Mixtape

It sounded like a "confirmation" to me...

Panty: Look forward to Panty & Stocking season 2!
Stocking: Wa-wait, Panty! It's not certain yet! I would love it if it happened, though...

Gainax made it clear in their Twitter for P&S that fans HAD to listen to the OST to the very ending:

http://twitter.com/PaSwG/status/19615443589267458

They also said that they're announcing something important in today's live commentary:

http://twitter.com/PaSwG/status/19617088574328832

I'm pretty sure a second season is coming.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 00:44   Link #1687
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
This was in no way a cheap production. It might have looked cheap at times, but that was intentional.

I hope that someone from Gainax is reading these forums, or at least similar responses in other forums, so that they know their last minute troll was successful. I myself am thoroughly enjoying the butthurt about how it ruined "the storyline". Like there was ever an actual storyline... That was so obviously a "hey, we're pulling as many unlikely plot twists out of our ass as possible to end this series" joke, that it's actually not as funny as the SRS BSNS response to it from the fandom is... Not that it wasn't still frickin' hilarious...

TL;DR: The last part after the credits was quite possibly the most successful example ever of a studio telling the fans "Hey, look over there", then shoving a lit firecracker up their collective ass...
Old 2010-12-28, 00:44   Link #1688
cohen

*Watches the end of episode 13*

Wow, you guys actually watched this whole thing?

Eh, it is their version of South Park I guess. But if only it could be as funny.
Old 2010-12-28, 00:47   Link #1689
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohen View Post
*Watches the end of episode 13*

Wow, you guys actually watched this whole thing?
Wait, why wouldn't we watch the whole thing? Did you?

No offense, just a question.

Old 2010-12-28, 00:48   Link #1690
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
This was in no way a cheap production. It might have looked cheap at times, but that was intentional.

I hope that someone from Gainax is reading these forums, or at least similar responses in other forums, so that they know their last minute troll was successful. I myself am thoroughly enjoying the butthurt about how it ruined "the storyline". Like there was ever an actual storyline... That was so obviously a "hey, we're pulling as many unlikely plot twists out of our ass as possible to end this series" joke, that it's actually not as funny as the SRS BSNS response to it from the fandom is... Not that it wasn't still frickin' hilarious...

TL;DR: The last part after the credits was quite possibly the most successful example ever of a studio telling the fans "Hey, look over there", then shoving a lit firecracker up their collective ass...
I'm pretty sure it was somewhat cheap because everything by Gainax is very budget conscious to a degree. Gurren-Lagann was relatively cheap and it had a higher budget than PanSto.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 00:49   Link #1691
cohen

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Wait, why wouldn't we watch the whole thing? Did you?

No offense, just a question.
No, I just watched the last scene out of curiosity, and it seemed very off seeing live action combined with anime.
Old 2010-12-28, 01:03   Link #1692
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
I'm pretty sure it was somewhat cheap because everything by Gainax is very budget conscious to a degree. Gurren-Lagann was relatively cheap and it had a higher budget than PanSto.
You know the exact cost of the production? I'd be interested in a site that listed the cost of specific anime productions lol.
Old 2010-12-28, 01:21   Link #1693
immblueversion

Quote:
No, I just watched the last scene out of curiosity, and it seemed very off seeing live action combined with anime.
Well, if you want funny, at least try watching episode 4A, "The Diet Syndrome." It's about as funny as this show can get, even if it does take jabs at fat people.

Old 2010-12-28, 01:30   Link #1694
immblueversion

Quote:
Eh, it is their version of South Park I guess.

Also, while we're talking about South Park:

Spoiler for Just for the heck of it:

Old 2010-12-28, 01:43   Link #1695
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
It's I think the only part of the show that has live action footage so it's not like the whole show is like that,that's the thing with PSG , it's all over the place with some episodes being competely different from each other (episode 5B has nothing to do with episode 9B that has nothing to do with episode 11B that has nothing to do with episode 6) so one episode can't give you a full overview of the show.
Old 2010-12-28, 02:21   Link #1696
immblueversion

I guess that largely depends on whether you think it's off-putting for an American cartoon to use live action elements. This series uses the aesthetic of having the design of an American cartoon, and I believe some live action footage actually compliments that.

Also, there's a recurring gag throughout the series in which the death sequences of monsters Panty and Stocking fight are shot as live action paper-mâché models of the monsters which are then blown up. I have no doubts that you picked up on said sequences in the episode you saw.

Old 2010-12-28, 06:00   Link #1697
Kallen4life

yeah, this series was awesome .. gave it a 10 on MAL

bring season 2 !!!!!
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 08:43   Link #1698
snsninja

If someone can translate japanese text someone on MAL posted what they were saying
Spoiler for Secret OST track:
snsninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 10:43   Link #1699
Fran~
floating away...

Gainax doesn't know the word "budget"...

Look at Gainax's history for more info about Wings of Honneamise, financial fraud in the 90s... so...Gainax is probably an unique studio because its history is almost an anime for itself... from Daicon to PSG.
Old 2010-12-28, 11:40   Link #1700
Toffeerollx
TsuruyaxMikuru Glomp~
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Toffeerollx
Quote:
Originally Posted by snsninja View Post
If someone can translate japanese text someone on MAL posted what they were saying
Spoiler for Secret OST track:

What Google Translate gave me. ; u ;

14:27
P: Hey hey, stockings. They appeared in my cartoon, "Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt", the smash hit apparently decided Shitarashii'm making a sequel!
S: What? It's who decided that?
P: I say a sequel, "R" or "Z" or "Generation"? One or ー, I put them in the wind "Seaso n 2"! Incidentally, adding this one I wonder, "Trilogy" of What I do?
S: Hey?
P: No no no no, again, go that far, "Season 4" · "5" · "6" Wait, better yet "Season 100" What are you going to? And why even a movie in Hollywood 夢Ji Yanaittsu ー? ー Gottsu or rather inevitable? Become a matter of time before an international star player? The world, I do not think so, and you alone I say the world kana!
S: Hey, panties!
P: What do ー, Heck, Heck, Why do not you think about, talk about this planet I Ettsu Man Osamu ー? I Narya this space, space! "Panty in the Space!" In short, the translation it much more distant galaxy! I worked for them is to be handed down forever, gonna be endless saga!
S: Chii!
P: Phew, man, the popular'm hot. But it is my destiny! Accept fate! OK! OK! And I do not!
S: Huh ...
P: in? When did I do?
S: I'll 知Nnai! Feces vomit this bitch rot drive!
P: next time, "Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Season 2"!
S: う, Yochochochocho immediately! Therefore, "not decided" I said I would! But in practice, supervision upon the stone now maybe?

Of course, this is a very rough translation.

Tags
comedy, gainax, seinen