AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

Old 2012-02-07, 16:11   Link #1001
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Spoiler for Another Fatality Scoreboard:

- Removed Takabayashi off the list.

- Merged Layers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 8 into one called 'Background' and locked that layer.

- Renamed folders for easier navigation, and moved some layers around a bit.

Oh hells yeah. Totes rooting for them!
Well done

Hope that to a positive flag doesn't correspond some negative one.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 01:28   Link #1002
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Thinking it over, I find it sad, the way the curse is said to have originated. Another plays on something that is possibly unique to Japanese: their deep-seated fear of ostracism. Given a culture where one's identity and self-worth is so intricately linked with one's peer group, it must feel horrible to be deliberately ignored by supposed friends and colleagues, to experience what is, in effect, social death. Judging by the events of Ep5, it's clear that not everyone in the class is comfortable with the idea of ostracising Sakakibara. Some clearly feel that they have no choice but to do a little evil for the sake of the greater good.

It seems particularly cruel, therefore, that Class 3-3 of 1972 did something that ought to have been especially exemplary: the students endeavoured to keep alive the memory of a dear friend, believing that "to forget" Misaki would be as good as condemning that person to a second death.

For that apparent act of kindness, everyone got afflicted with a frightening curse. It just doesn't seem fair, does it? Someone mentioned in the Ep5 thread that Another may possibly fare better in the West than in Japan. On the contrary, I feel there is something very pertinently Japanese about Another that only someone familiar with their group culture would fully appreciate.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 05:37   Link #1003
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

To the people who're doing the fatality chart, from now on please just post an updated version after each episode (possibly in a "clean" post, you can put technical informations in a separate place), and the chart will be copied in the sticky Events Summary thread.

For completeness' sake, if you also want to provide polished charts for episodes 1,2,3 I'll make sure to include them.
Old 2012-02-08, 15:39   Link #1004
Arya

Ok. So I redid 1,2,3 and again I hope the succession of the "events" are right.

Spoiler for Fatality Scoreboard - episode 01 and 02:

Spoiler for Fatality Scoreboard - episode 03:

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-02-08, 15:53   Link #1005
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post

Spoiler for Fatality Scoreboard - episode 01 and 02:

Spoiler for Fatality Scoreboard - episode 03:
Nice one. And yep, everything seems to be correct.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 16:41   Link #1006
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Ok, thread updated and ordered. Ready to go with the new updates from episode 6 onwards!
Old 2012-02-08, 17:09   Link #1007
traittrait

Fatality Scoreboard

Quote:
Nice one. And yep, everything seems to be correct.
Um-m... What about Fujioka Misaki? She's already dead at the very beginning.
traittrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 17:12   Link #1008
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by traittrait View Post
Um-m... What about Fujioka Misaki? She's already dead at the very beginning.
She is, yes. But isn't it only revealed that she's Mei's cousin in episode 3? It could just be that I'm not remembering things correctly, though.
Old 2012-02-08, 17:23   Link #1009
traittrait

Quote:
She is, yes. But isn't it only revealed that she's Mei's cousin in episode 3? It could just be that I'm not remembering things correctly, though.
Well, yes, only in ep03. Ah, nevermind. I just thought that you marks deathes in chronological order, and not *when* M.C. learns about this deathes.)
traittrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 19:00   Link #1010
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by traittrait View Post
Well, yes, only in ep03. Ah, nevermind. I just thought that you marks deathes in chronological order, and not *when* M.C. learns about this deathes.)
It's more *when* we learn about casualties. So even if someone decide to peek to the first ep. scoreboard after watching the first episode he won't be spoiled.

Old 2012-02-09, 05:49   Link #1011
PzIVf3

Spoiler for Another fanservice:
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 06:01   Link #1012
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The Chibi Mei on the official site if freaking adorable, to the point I almost forgot I even visited it in the first place. I found it a bit suspicious that the maiden name of Kouichi's mother (and therefore the name of Reiko) is still unknown to us, so I wanted to check if it wasn't on the official site by any chance, and no, it wasn't.

At the same time I realized that most of the characters only have either their first or last name listed but rarely both, so this may not be important at all after all. By the way, Mei's mother is as cute as her daughter (you can definitely see the resemblance).
Old 2012-02-09, 12:22   Link #1013
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Spoiler for Another fanservice:
Gah, Akazawa is hot. Poor Sakakibara-kun, he's hanging out with the wrong girl. Or perhaps he prefers petanko, so no loss.

What's with the swimsuits anyway? People are dropping dead and amid this, Class 3-3 decides it's a good idea to head to the beach to relieve their stress!?

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
At the same time I realized that most of the characters only have either their first or last name listed but rarely both, so this may not be important at all after all.
Oho, you might be on to something here. We'll soon see if the pattern persists. (Take a look at the names of those who've died so far...)

Last edited by TinyRedLeaf; 2012-02-09 at 12:51.
Old 2012-02-12, 03:48   Link #1014
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Since I don't know where to post that :

Chapter 11 (manga) :
Spoiler for Chapter 11:

Am I the only one who think the character design is better in the manga than in the anime ? (especially the aunt :3 )
Old 2012-02-12, 04:27   Link #1015
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Am I the only one who think the character design is better in the manga than in the anime ? (especially the aunt :3 )
I have mixed views regarding the different character designs. Akazawa was sexier in the manga, I'd grant you, but I find Misaki and Sakakibara's designs in the anime cuter. (Yes, perhaps they shouldn't be cute, not in a "horror" show, but a little bit of eye candy never hurts.)
Old 2012-02-12, 17:09   Link #1016
Extremesonic101

Not sure were else to mention this but I was browsing things regarding ToyFair and came across this image amongst a bunch of ToyFair images and I was wondering is this a possible hint at Another merchendise? or just a poster advertising the anime?

http://blog-imgs-43.fc2.com/y/a/r/ya...9014585887.jpg
Extremesonic101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 13:52   Link #1017
Ray
Garnet

Spoiler for Fatality Scoreboard - episode 06:

Spoiler for Episode 06 question:
Old 2012-02-13, 19:59   Link #1018
Byakou

Funnily the thing that creeps me the most about this anime is the little parrot bird.
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 20:17   Link #1019
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler for Episode 06 question:
No prob on that, as we want to put in valuable brief information as much as possible. And for the student roster I think we should add the cause of death for a particular student (in small letters).
Old 2012-02-13, 20:34   Link #1020
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
No prob on that, as we want to put in valuable brief information as much as possible. And for the student roster I think we should add the cause of death for a particular student (in small letters).
Okay, I'll work on that. As for the student roster, let's take Yukari for example, which of the following would be better: 'impalement', or 'death by impalement'? The former won't make much sense, but the latter would make the roster appear to be covered in text. Do you think we should the same for their relatives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakou View Post
Funnily the thing that creeps me the most about this anime is the little parrot bird.
I know what you mean. I hate that damn birdbrain. >_>

Tags
horror, seinen