AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 10 14.49%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 39.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 31.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 11.59%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-06, 01:49   Link #1
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Higurashi Episode 10 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Higurashi no Naku Koroni, Episode 10.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Game or Manga out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Game / Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:

ADDITIONAL RULES FOR Higurashi no Naku Koroni
  • Make sure you read the English wikipedia article for Higurashi no Naku Koroni before you ask questions!!!
  • Feel free to share your theories and speculations. In fact, I encourage you to do so as this is what makes this series interesting.
  • I am designating Sushi-Y and Freakman to lead the discussion in the correct path without spoilers as they have played the game in advance. I put confidence in them that they will recognize a member has spilled the beans too far if any other members has begun to play the game.
  • SPOILERS FAR ADVANCED THAN THE CURRENT AIRED ANIME EPISODE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. THIS INCLUDES THOSE IN SPOILER TAGS!!!. People tend to peek at spoiler tags; especially when they do not know such tag is meant for the episode, only to find it spilling the beans too far advanced in the game storyline.
Old 2006-06-06, 19:30   Link #2
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Spoiler for complaint from a gamer's point of view:

Anyway, with this episode, the stage is finally set. As a quick summary:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-06-07 at 04:28.
Old 2006-06-07, 02:56   Link #3
Rasuberi
Give me things to draw!!!

Send a message via AIM to Rasuberi
I'm feeling slightly depressed now~ And wishing I could buy all of Higurashi's sound novel's sometime soon. (Don't have the money to buy anything from Japan right now... )

Spoiler:

Old 2006-06-07, 04:12   Link #4
paTKany
Aasu Ⅷ

Send a message via MSN to paTKany
Quite informative episode about Satoko&Satoshi's past. (7/10)

I hate Oishi for being impolite with the little girls. Do not scare the lolis dammit!
Old 2006-06-07, 08:23   Link #5
MarmoO

Anime reduced tension of Satoko’s breakdown by 90% of what was in manga, I prefer not to ask how much was it reduced in comparison to a game. It would have been better if five episodes were given for this arc, because it all seemed way too rushed. 6/10 Before I watched it, I was sure this one will get at least 9/10, but too much was lacking here.
Old 2006-06-07, 14:12   Link #6
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Wa...episode 10 is out...and I still can't watch episode 9...
Old 2006-06-07, 14:12   Link #7
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Really? I may have to disagree with the rest here.

Granted it did leave out many points from the game, but overall I think the staff did a great job in this episode. The pacing was quite right as well. Obviously when one had played the game in advance, you may feel that it is quite rushed. On the other hand, I see it that the staff did an excellent job in cutting out points that can drag on and on. To the viewers, they got right to point that Satoko is being abused.

Anyhow, I am interesting in seeing how things will be portrayed in the next episode....
Old 2006-06-07, 14:34   Link #8
Tenson
"Hakuna Matata" Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Tenson Send a message via AIM to Tenson Send a message via Yahoo to Tenson
Wow... as a person who went in without playing the game... I think this ep is quite incredible! True that the final scene did delivered as well as what Sushi said the game does but the sudden break down still caught me off guard... especially at such heartwarming moment...

My heart honestly ached when Keiichi went to Satoko's house and finds her with those big un-focused eyes...

I think I can understand why Keiichi was voted one of the fan's favourite character. Like Rika-chan said in ep 9, Keiichi's performance in this arc can be marked as 100.

Not having play the game, I think this is a great ep... LOL
Old 2006-06-07, 18:13   Link #9
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Shame that the following scene didn't get animated.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-08, 00:19   Link #10
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

Hm, reading the episode summary since poor ol' Alex is being a bit slow with the subs...

However.

Waitwaitwait wait wait.

Spoiler for Concerning where Sakoto lives:
Old 2006-06-08, 01:16   Link #11
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceDrake
Hm, reading the episode summary since poor ol' Alex is being a bit slow with the subs...

However.

Waitwaitwait wait wait.

Read the TIPS post #51. Then, re-examine the scene where the two kids tell Keiichi that Satoko's uncle came back. Put the two together, and you get it what you came up with.

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-06-12 at 18:46.
Old 2006-06-08, 01:53   Link #12
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2

Shame that the following scene didn't get animated.
Well, the first part did.

Like I said, they're really forsaking the sad, tear-jerking aspects of the story and focusing only on the "suspense".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceDrake
This was explained clearly in the game, so there's no need to guess this one. I'm not sure if the anime covered it yet or not (or if they just skipped explaining it all together), but since it's not that big of a deal, I'll answer your question:

Spoiler for where Satoko lives:
Old 2006-06-09, 17:17   Link #13
蜩の泣

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasuberi
I'm feeling slightly depressed now~ And wishing I could buy all of Higurashi's sound novel's sometime soon. (Don't have the money to buy anything from Japan right now... )
the sound novels only have like first two cases、鬼隠し編 and 綿流し編.
if u mean the drama cds.
Old 2006-06-09, 20:21   Link #14
Rasuberi
Give me things to draw!!!

Send a message via AIM to Rasuberi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 蜩の泣
the sound novels only have like first two cases、鬼隠し編 and 綿流し編.
if u mean the drama cds.
No, I mean the game. Not to say I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the drama CD's.

Old 2006-06-11, 03:36   Link #15
Pale Sqwish

EDIT *-88bhk;fd O_o i posted in the wrong post... oops -off to episoid 9 post D: --

Last edited by Pale Sqwish; 2006-06-11 at 16:15.
Old 2006-06-12, 15:45   Link #16
Deku Kirby

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarmoO
Anime reduced tension of Satoko’s breakdown by 90% of what was in manga, I prefer not to ask how much was it reduced in comparison to a game. It would have been better if five episodes were given for this arc, because it all seemed way too rushed. 6/10 Before I watched it, I was sure this one will get at least 9/10, but too much was lacking here.
Actually, according to Wikipedia, this arc IS going to be five episodes.
Old 2006-06-12, 18:36   Link #17
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
...ouch.

While I'd have to agree that urgency in the last scene wasn't there (my thoughts were more along the lines of "What's wrong with her? Why didn't it happen before? KEIICHI DON'T TOUCH HER!" it was still pretty powerful as a scene and conveyed the serious emotional strain she was under really well - I know I felt for her during it.

The scene with Mion was also pretty tense - most of the time I was expecting her to flip, especially when she cut off mid-sentence. It did a good job of showing how much he wanted to help Satoko, though it wouldn't be surprising for Mion to be somewhat offended considering how Keiichi treats information from relative strangers (I presume that's what Takano told him?) as fact in the face of a friend like her. Still, can't blame him for getting really worked up and wanting to try anything, especially considering he made it obvious how much he cared for her in the scene with Irie in the car. I still can't see him as being in the wrong, Seki Toshihiko or not...

Either way, I can see where the gameplayer's criticisms are coming from but with no prior knowledge beyond the anime this was still one really powerful episode that left me with that empty feeling at the end. Satoko's uncle better die before the end of the arc, that's all.
Old 2006-06-12, 19:21   Link #18
BakaOnna

I've been browsing around this forum for a while, reading the theories that people post, but I can't take it anymore. This is one of the only forums that actually has a serious discussion on this series, and after this episode, I finally decided to join.

Anyway, I've never played the game before, so I thought this was an excellent episode that revealed a lot about Sakoto. Even though, based on some of the gamers' comments, the episode didn't convey as much as the game, I thought the last scene and the scene when Keiichi went to Sakoto's house was very well done. The scene with Keiichi talking to Mion was also very tense, like Valdra said, I was expecting her to go into some sort of "demon" mode.

One thing I've found interesting; after two arcs, we finally find out something about Keiichi. It seems that he is the scion to an estate and his father is a well-known artist. And, based on what Takano said, he's pretty well-known in this village. Does this, in some sort of way, connect Keiichi with the village?
Old 2006-06-12, 19:31   Link #19
Akuryou
*cackle* *cackle*

Send a message via MSN to Akuryou
*only one who gave a 10* D:

I have very few to say. Just so you people know a tear almost slipped out of eyes.
This series automatically jumps to the first one of my 2006 list, beating even Suzumiya Haruhi. I hope it keeps this good until the end~
Old 2006-06-12, 19:49   Link #20
steelbound
Yuki-ism

Thought it was weird that Tomitake, the photographer, had to ask where the shrine was. In the previous arcs he was said to come a couple of times a year for the last several years to photograph the wildlife. You'd think if he's been there so often he'd know where the shrine was.