AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-07, 09:29   Link #421
satomianzaki

^i'm fine with that pairing...

alice is so adorable...a genius yet so naive...
satomianzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 13:01   Link #422
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Loved all the bromance. For a quiet high school dude who's going with the flow, Narumi sure is competent. Checking clubs out, creating a website, meeting people, getting random dudes out of a pinch, doing Alice's housework, getting her panties in a bunch like a pro, being generally useful. Alice chose her assistant wisely. Too bad he's not hers alone anymore. She's gotta compete with the 4th and Renji!

Ayaka who?

And by the way, if you interpret the preview for the next episode with sufficient BL goggles, you can totally tell it's going to be about the 4th and Renji fighting over Narumi! The 4th will be threatening Narumi not to get close to Renji like a violent tsundere while Renji will try to steal his heart like a shoujo manga bad boy! And there will be angst on Narumi's part as he finds out the two handsome men after him had a "history"!

Yeah totally!
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 17:50   Link #423
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Alice was getting kinda annoying this episode. It's like she started sinking down to the level of the many other midget female characters with horrid personalities that anime (jc staff incidentally being a notable offender) likes to shit out. Not that I'm one against comical violence, but come on, it's not even well thought out and is repetitious -_-;

On the other hand, I guess her resolving to not be so useless when it comes to basic skills of hygiene reflect her to be of some working mind.

This Renji guy is pretty much stealing the show with his badass personality; I thought he'd be like a modern day Lupin, but we'll see.

Also, Alice sparkling at the end almost makes up for stuff; that's more like how you'd do something like that. The last 2 scenes of the episode were pretty good.

This Narumi fellow is also doing very well, he just knows how to act, I guess.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 19:41   Link #424
SirusRiddler
Mari-nyan <3

Is it just me...or did anyone else hear that weird 99 Problems (by Jay-Z) homage/rip-off in the first half of the episode when Narumi is scouting clubs?

"Choose your own legacy, it's for you to decide." - Solid Snake
SirusRiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 19:59   Link #425
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirusRiddler View Post
Is it just me...or did anyone else hear that weird 99 Problems (by Jay-Z) homage/rip-off in the first half of the episode when Narumi is scouting clubs?
Lol, oh my god you're right !
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 20:07   Link #426
SirusRiddler
Mari-nyan <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lol, oh my god you're right !
Okay, good, I wasn't going crazy. xD It had this Persona 3 vibe to it then I heard some very familiar lyrics...

"Choose your own legacy, it's for you to decide." - Solid Snake
SirusRiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 20:08   Link #427
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Think the Ayaka and Narumi walking around part isn't being commented much on since it was so short and it was being covered by Narumi's monologue. Give them a couple minutes and conversations and you might get more of a reaction.

Though really think Alice's reactions (including nearly drowning in a washing machine) kind of stole the show so Ayaka's presence was blown away .
Old 2011-08-07, 20:20   Link #428
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirusRiddler View Post
Okay, good, I wasn't going crazy. xD It had this Persona 3 vibe to it then I heard some very familiar lyrics...
I got the Persona 3 vibe as well, but I wasn't paying attention to the song, and I only got the 99 problems part when I crank up the volume

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Think the Ayaka and Narumi walking around part isn't being commented much on since it was so short and it was being covered by Narumi's monologue. Give them a couple minutes and conversations and you might get more of a reaction.

Though really think Alice's reactions (including nearly drowning in a washing machine) kind of stole the show so Ayaka's presence was blown away .
Sigh, fair enough I guess...
Old 2011-08-07, 20:56   Link #429
marcosius
Anime Critic
*Author

Yu-gi-oh! arrives to KamiMemo XD

Old 2011-08-07, 23:28   Link #430
Shadow5YA

I just realized the font they used for the episode title is the same font used in Pikmin.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 12:56   Link #431
Miraluka
Banned

New episode has already aired...

Uh... this show is losing it, and I mean the solid premise from the beggining.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 13:00   Link #432
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post

It's JCStaff. Disappointing, but not surprising.
Old 2011-08-12, 14:49   Link #433
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post

The show already lost it when it decided to put generic character #16294 as the main. All kidding aside though, it's going to have to pull something big in order to make up for its descent into mediocrity.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 18:59   Link #434
taichi-kun

But this case is in the novels,right? so.. It's not all JCStaff's fault..
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 20:13   Link #435
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
But this case is in the novels,right? so.. It's not all JCStaff's fault..
Correct, thats what I mean, I just checked some resumes on a chinesse site and isn't that motivating. This time the studio doesn't have the usual guilt.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 21:43   Link #436
Shadow5YA

When you exclude certain details and change the overall tone of the story, you're still making changes to the story.

Narumi has issues with his passivity, but it's all but forgotten after the first episode. For example, when the Fourth asks Narumi why he's going so far in the Yakuza case to where Narumi replied because he is Alice's assistant, the Fourth never presses the issue any further to get a direct answer, and Narumi is never shown to feel bothered about his lack of a personal stance.
Alice may be a spoiled NEET girl, but she does seriously think about issues around the world to the point of having insomnia. The anime made a big effort of making her look like a spoiled hikikomori and a violent tsundere, but they never seemed to address her abnormal sleep schedule.

There were also some more than just verbal threats that the Yakuza made to make Meo's father seem harmed and in real danger. Mikawa didn't feel threatening at all in the anime and his lackeys appeared to be a bunch of brainless stooges.
Old 2011-08-13, 01:01   Link #437
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

J.C. Staff should consider choosing better light novels to adapt.
Hidan no Aria and Kamisama no Memochou (which is again published by Dengeki Bunko like Shana and Index) aren't that good as an anime series.

However, I'll try to watch this as a person who haven't touched up on the light novels.
It might nudge the disappointment factor a few notches down.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 01:35   Link #438
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
J.C. Staff should consider choosing better light novels to adapt.
Hidan no Aria and Kamisama no Memochou (which is again published by Dengeki Bunko like Shana and Index) aren't that good as an anime series.
Light hearted comedy novels seems to be ideal because people don't care if the studio leaves out plot material or character development or if it doesn't fit nicely, making it way easier to satisfy people.

When it comes to serious stories, everyone's a major critic- suddenly the atmosphere doesn't feel right, action doesn't make sense, character B isn't portrayed perfectly, they remove that important point, that fight scene was badly done, they spend too much time on exposition etc etc etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
However, I'll try to watch this as a person who haven't touched up on the light novels.
It might nudge the disappointment factor a few notches down.
I honestly don't get where all the negativity comes from, but I suppose I can chalk it down to 'not exactly what they thought it would be'.

The true mistake of this series is that it isn't lighthearted enough- giving people too many opportunities to point out stuff that a less serious show would have gotten away with.
Old 2011-08-13, 03:33   Link #439
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, I've began to doubt the capabilities of J.C. Staff when they failed to improve Hidan no Aria's story, making it as my first J.C. Staff series to drop. But well, they did say that Hidan no Aria's story is lackluster even in its original light novel format.

Anyway, let's get this discussion out of this thread. I don't want to ruin a series' discussion all because I don't like how J.C. is handling their adaptations for the meantime.

EDIT: I have watched Episode 03, the conclusion to the Yakuza Money Laundering Case and I don't think it's bad, actually. The first half has the mood of some moments of Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, while the second half is decent, although the scenes went too fast for me.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2011-08-13 at 04:01.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 08:04   Link #440
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

After watching episode 6... Yeah, I honestly don't get where all the negativity for this series is coming from- If it's about the difference in adaptation then I don't want to read the Light Novel as I'm doing just fine with the Anime, as Alice said- Knowing is dying... Or something like that.

So far nothing truly surprising happened, though I was expecting this to be a big misunderstanding between Renji and the Fourth or someone was trying to frame him, but it looks like Renji isn't even bothering to cover it. Which then leaves the mystery of what exactly happened between the two of them... As expected, when it comes to two guys it's always about a girl.

Alice had plenty of dere scenes in this week as well in no small part due to Narumi putting himself on the line for some moral obligation to this intangible thing called friendship and promises.

At the same time Narumi once again really know how to say some 'irresponsible' words to a girl, seriously he needs a medal And Alice had just learned about sniffing clothes... I wonder when she'll learn this thing called "Indirect Kiss"

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-08-13 at 08:15.

Tags
bromance, comedy, drama, slice of life