AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka LN - Steeplechase Chapter (Volume 13) Rating
Perfect 10 13 20.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 20.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 26.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 17.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.17%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.59%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-04-25, 13:23   Link #1081
Diocar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
By the way, judging how late in the volume it is when Tatsuya saves Mitsui, we aren't going to see much of his reaction to his arrival. With my very limited Japanese, all I can tell is Fuyima is with him.
So fumyia sees tats batle with the 4 dudes and him using regrowth and knows it is tats or thinks it is a misterious masked man?
Diocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 14:36   Link #1082
black_cat1

I remember the spoiler said that Tatsuya goes with the Kuroba siblings to the China Town so Fumiya definitely knows.

Just talk about Tatsuya's abilities, I just realize that if he can convert matters to energy with his Material Burst, then can he reverse the process and convert energy to matters? That's a very interesting idea cause if he can do it, then he has the same ability with God, creating anything he wants or controlling energy.
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 15:35   Link #1083
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_cat1 View Post
I remember the spoiler said that Tatsuya goes with the Kuroba siblings to the China Town so Fumiya definitely knows.

Just talk about Tatsuya's abilities, I just realize that if he can convert matters to energy with his Material Burst, then can he reverse the process and convert energy to matters? That's a very interesting idea cause if he can do it, then he has the same ability with God, creating anything he wants or controlling energy.
His power is decomposing, not converting. Converting is a side effect of his power.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 16:19   Link #1084
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
chapter 0 is out and i assume the rest are still in the works.
That's for BT right? Because I'm sure the Chinese version isn't out yet. There's even a notice saying the Chinese TLer who did the last few volumes have exams over the next few months and don't have the time to do Vol13
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 16:28   Link #1085
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_cat1 View Post

In theory, he could restore the flag he decomposed into energy, but it wouldn't undo the destruction he caused.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 16:37   Link #1086
Chimurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
In theory, he could restore the flag he decomposed into energy, but it wouldn't undo the destruction he caused.
Thats good question: still this author not get along with "Deux Ex Machina" circumstances even we talk about fiction, but he do his outmost to give a feasible back support, my thoughts are:

1.Tats could converse to energy but not inverse.
2.Tats could keep information structures data and could "build" anything, lets say he could "see" his car and keep it, if among 24 hrs frame time he could construct anywhere need it or duplicate items and bodies any quantity required.
Far I known the only requirement Tats have is something ready exist and without important modifications, but on Vol 8, when he took the bullets, disable and assemble again I not sure what happened.
Chimurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 16:48   Link #1087
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post
Thats good question: still this author not get along with "Deux Ex Machina" circumstances even we talk about fiction, but he do his outmost to give a feasible back support, my thoughts are:

2.Tats could keep information structures data and could "build" anything, lets say he could "see" his car and keep it, if among 24 hrs frame time he could construct anywhere need it or duplicate items and bodies any quantity required.
Far I known the only requirement Tats have is something ready exist and without important modifications, but on Vol 8, when he took the bullets, disable and assemble again I not sure what happened.
1. He can convert to energy because it's just decomposition taken to the extremes. Breaking down matter at the atomic level.

2. He can't "build" anything. Restoration allows him to apply the Information Body of something to ITSELF. If he applies it to nothing or something else, it will naturally resist the change and undo itself. Like how regular magical healing works.
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 16:50   Link #1088
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post

Tatsuya can't convert squat. He can only decompose and restore information bodies. It shouldn't matter how destroyed an object is. By restoring the flag's information, reality will obey and the flag will be restored. As for those bullets, he simply decomposed them into dust and restored them.
Old 2014-04-25, 17:55   Link #1089
NutShell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
That's for BT right? Because I'm sure the Chinese version isn't out yet. There's even a notice saying the Chinese TLer who did the last few volumes have exams over the next few months and don't have the time to do Vol13
quite bad news, cheering Sashiko-sama
hope another translator pick this series
NutShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 19:45   Link #1090
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutShell View Post
quite bad news, cheering Sashiko-sama
hope another translator pick this series
IF they have raw material that is.
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 19:59   Link #1091
CatRules
Shipper

I have one. They probably have theirs too.
Old 2014-04-25, 20:22   Link #1092
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Tatsuya can't convert squat. He can only decompose and restore information bodies. It shouldn't matter how destroyed an object is. By restoring the flag's information, reality will obey and the flag will be restored. As for those bullets, he simply decomposed them into dust and restored them.

I got a question here... I don't know if this was asked before but was there any restriction for the distance and location the decomposed object can be restored? Does the amount of time of restoration has anything to do of where the decomposed materials are located? I mean like destroying something in one location and then reconstructing it somewhere else that you need to haul the original materials to the new place to be reconstructed or any of the same materials will suffice for the reconstruction? Does the restoration time dependent on the size of the object to be restored or is it at a fixed time?

I was just thinking that Tats can be a one-man movers company. His slogan will be like, "No matter the size as long as it's not alive then I will personally move it for you within 24 hours."
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 22:09   Link #1093
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajis View Post
I got a question here... I don't know if this was asked before but was there any restriction for the distance and location the decomposed object can be restored? Does the amount of time of restoration has anything to do of where the decomposed materials are located? I mean like destroying something in one location and then reconstructing it somewhere else that you need to haul the original materials to the new place to be reconstructed or any of the same materials will suffice for the reconstruction? Does the restoration time dependent on the size of the object to be restored or is it at a fixed time?

I was just thinking that Tats can be a one-man movers company. His slogan will be like, "No matter the size as long as it's not alive then I will personally move it for you within 24 hours."
Well, Tatsuya has been shown capable of restoring objects in a different location. During his fight with Lina, he restored Trident, which was on the ground, in his hand.
Old 2014-04-25, 22:13   Link #1094
Guest2

I believe he restored Trident when it had been completely vaporized with his arm first, then later he picked it up and restored the partial damage after it had gotten damaged again.

Spoilers on 1st page Updated.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 22:23   Link #1095
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2 View Post
I believe he restored Trident when it had been completely vaporized with his arm first, then later he picked it up and restored the partial damage after it had gotten damaged again.

That's odd.

Quote:
After picking up the Trident, Tatsuya invoked ‘Restoration’.
He reconstructed the relative coordinate information using the data on CAD construction and his own body as reference points, and the Trident returned to his hand in repaired condition.
Old 2014-04-25, 22:25   Link #1096
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2 View Post

What happen here ?

- Not much elaboration oon the Rosen plot but interestingly enough, Kent relays to Tats and Miki he saw the Rosen President or whatever chatting up Leo.

I wonder if Leo and the president are talking about Tatsuya.
hakazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 22:26   Link #1097
BW95
Banned

So the Prime 4 were robots?! Which means the guy in the suit must be Tatsuya?! Interesting.
Old 2014-04-25, 22:29   Link #1098
Diocar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
What happen here ?

- Not much elaboration oon the Rosen plot but interestingly enough, Kent relays to Tats and Miki he saw the Rosen President or whatever chatting up Leo.

I wonder if Leo and the president are talking about Tatsuya.
nah he must be trying to give erica to leo LOOOL

now seriously it might be related to leo cad
he had a really old one that uses a dif sistem, maybe the rosens are trying to make a modern version of his cad

did tauros silver lose in releasing new magic technology???
Diocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 22:31   Link #1099
IceHism

Does Fumiya and Ayako ever talk to Tatsuya and Miyuki at the 9 school competition in a friendly manner? I wonder what the whole friend group thinks about them.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 22:36   Link #1100
Galacticichi

The parasites Retsu is manufacturing are bad news! Nothing good ever comes out of developments like these and it they will definitely go out of control. Tatsuya will once again be roped into taking care of things, unless Miyuki is harmed which will incite his full attention. I feel like this volume will be notably different/fresh with all these new characters and conspirators. Very glad the 9SC is taking a back seat since as soon as Retsu mentioned it I thought how unnecessary a whole volume or 2 about 9SC would be.

People need to stop snooping around the Yotsuba because surely nothing good will come out of it .
Galacticichi is offline   Reply With Quote