AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka LN - Steeplechase Chapter (Volume 13) Rating
Perfect 10 13 20.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 20.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 26.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 17.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.17%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.59%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-04-26, 06:13   Link #1121
NutShell

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Just remeber what Mayumi was wearing....! Well you know from prince of tennis? The one that sucks the balls. "Samurai Zone"
well Mayumi outfit at 9sc what I was think first, quite simple but elegant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
I forgot what Mitsugu did in the remiscience arc.
i think that was reasonable to seek for status, He throwing a big party for his child, and we got bonus in manga she dance with miyuki

-edit-
and technically Tatsuya and Miyuki are side branch too i think, since the main family are now Maya alone
NutShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 08:49   Link #1122
@GEMC

so will there be someone planning a summary of vol. 13?
Old 2014-04-26, 08:49   Link #1123
Chirst

Got more info about novel vol 13
credited by OnyxObsidian
Spoiler for spoil of vol 13:
Chirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 09:00   Link #1124
real123

Who's General Saeki
and why is tatsuya determined to catch Zhou
real123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 09:01   Link #1125
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirst View Post
Got more info about novel vol 13
credited by OnyxObsidian
Spoiler for spoil of vol 13:
Shadow dogs? Some sort of advance shadow magic.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 09:04   Link #1126
guestuser

wait how is he unconscious if he just decided to chase zhou down so does his self restoration activate when he go unconscious or did it take time for him to be awake than decide to chase down zhou
guestuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 09:08   Link #1127
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestuser View Post
wait how is he unconscious if he just decided to chase zhou down so does his self restoration activate when he go unconscious or did it take time for him to be awake than decide to chase down zhou
He is talking about "Phantom Pain" ~

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 09:08   Link #1128
HypeDemolition

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestuser View Post
I think it means he was holding his arm without realizing it or something along those lines.
HypeDemolition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 09:11   Link #1129
Guest2

Quote:
Wow Erika in tennis club; does she have a samurai zone or something? Btw why did that come up now? Its already been what a year and the author just swush blurted it out like nothing.

Believe in Erika=believe in the hype!
Unfortunately, she's stated to be a ghost member and spends more time helping her now close friend Sayaka and the Kendo Club out. So it's the Kendo club Tatsuya went to find and recruit her to help train the shield down competitors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
he didn t destroy the dolls bodies to get to the parasites? and since when can he put spirits dormants?
Spoiler for spoiler:

i always thought that the kurobas didn t know about decomposition and regrowth... so the kuroba father is really a status maniac (because of the remiscience arc). sigh... had such high hopes for that branch familly...
He just learned how the night before and it involves copy and pasting a portion of the Kudo family's original doll binding spell.

And remember human-like robots like Pixie are already well known products used as maids as well as training/combat partners. They've already accustomed to the one hanging around Tats. The only difference with spirits is that they now have their own will and can independently use raw magic - innate super powers.

Daddy Kuroba is well funny, he likes to dress his twins up in cutesy costumes, dress up himself like a retro detective, and was spouting over-dramatic stereotypical final 'before I die' lines to Fumiya before Tats healed him.

Last edited by Guest2; 2014-04-26 at 10:04.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 09:20   Link #1130
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2 View Post
Unfortunately, she's stated to be a ghost member and spends more time helping her now close friend Sayaka and the Kendo Club out. So it's the Kendo club Tatsuya went to find and recruit her to help train the shield down competitors.

He just learned how the night before and it involves copy and pasting a portion of the Kudo family's original doll binding spell.

And remember human-like robots like Pixie are already well known products used maids as well as training/combat partners. They've already accustomed to the one hanging around Tats. The only difference with spirits is that they now have their own will and can independently use raw magic - innate super powers.

Daddy Kuroba is well funny, he likes to dress his twins up in cutesy costumes, dress up himself like a retro detective, and was spouting over-dramatic stereotypical final 'before I die' lines to Fumiya before Tats healed him.
Was he being serious with the "before I die" lines? I mean he just lost an arm and they could've just used magic to cauterize the wound and stop the bleeding.
Old 2014-04-26, 10:59   Link #1131
NutShell

Quote:
So that mean Tatsuya want Erika become Minami sparing partner ? (since I believe she is newcomer division representative)

and why Tatsuya didnt let Daddy Kuroba go after the cool line
Old 2014-04-26, 11:10   Link #1132
IceHism

so basically ayako destroys the saegusa twins + minami and fumiya destroys shippou?

Yotsuba are pretty hardcore
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 11:37   Link #1133
NutShell

^each participan can only take one even except for Steeplechase, so that argument didn't quite true

can some one post who take what
I only know Ayako take mirage bat (I doubt Minami and Seagusa take this one)
and Fumiya take Monolith Code (Fumiya probably trashing Shippou there)

and Steeplechase not for newcomer division
Old 2014-04-26, 11:40   Link #1134
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutShell View Post
^each participan can only take one even except for Steeplechase, so that argument didn't quite true

can some one post who take what
I only know Ayako take mirage bat (I doubt Minami and Seagusa take this one)
and Fumiya take Monolith Code (Fumiya probably trashing Shippou there)

and Steeplechase not for newcomer division
It was stated in a spoiler that Fumiya did indeed trash everyone at Monolith Code.

Last edited by BW95; 2014-04-26 at 12:38.
Old 2014-04-26, 12:05   Link #1135
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
I want to see that; Erika making/Trolling Tatsuya to finding her again; just to find her in the kendo club~

Well I dont see why Erika is pick to train the competitor of shield down rather than Leo? Or is it that Leo's Fortification magic is too high level that it wouldnt be a training....

Oh yeah I remember Leo sucks at holding back; So is he ruled out of being a trainer just because of that?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 12:36   Link #1136
Diocar

Quote:

And remember human-like robots like Pixie are already well known products used as maids as well as training/combat partners. They've already accustomed to the one hanging around Tats. The only difference with spirits is that they now have their own will and can independently use raw magic - innate super powers.

So he was already preparing since the night before... Just for curiosity why was he fighting 16 parasite dolls? And alone? If things went wild shouldn t retsu have his own team to clean up the mess before things went bad or more 101 ppl be there helping him? It appears like something complex was happening behind the scenes...
My bet is that retsu and general saeki (who is one of retsus's suporters) decide to take the dolls test too serious wich would put the participants life in danger (meaning miyuki) tats decides to destroy dolls against orders and in the end zhou appears in the lab to steal the parasite doll technology, wich he suceeds thanks to tats delay and is the reason the kuroba decides to go there earlier.

Hoping they decide to stop the parasite project *fingers crossed*
Diocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 15:03   Link #1137
Guest2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
so basically ayako destroys the saegusa twins + minami and fumiya destroys shippou?

Yotsuba are pretty hardcore
Spoiler for V13:

Quote:
I want to see that; Erika making/Trolling Tatsuya to finding her again; just to find her in the kendo club~

Well I dont see why Erika is pick to train the competitor of shield down rather than Leo? Or is it that Leo's Fortification magic is too high level that it wouldnt be a training....

Oh yeah I remember Leo sucks at holding back; So is he ruled out of being a trainer just because of that?
Both are picked and do so well against their opponents that Hattori even requests(very reluctantly) why Tatsuya won't let them compete(their names were brought during the selection meeting and denied by Tats). Erika was beating down on a 3rd year girl named Asako or Asami, chosen for the solo event and Leo teamed up with Hagane against Kirihara and Sawaki, and was beating down on Kirihara.

Spoiler for V13:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
So he was already preparing since the night before... Just for curiosity why was he fighting 16 parasite dolls? And alone? If things went wild shouldn t retsu have his own team to clean up the mess before things went bad or more 101 ppl be there helping him? It appears like something complex was happening behind the scenes...
My bet is that retsu and general saeki (who is one of retsus's suporters) decide to take the dolls test too serious wich would put the participants life in danger (meaning miyuki) tats decides to destroy dolls against orders and in the end zhou appears in the lab to steal the parasite doll technology, wich he suceeds thanks to tats delay and is the reason the kuroba decides to go there earlier.

Hoping they decide to stop the parasite project *fingers crossed*
Don't want to to spoil any of the details since it involves a ridiculous number of conspiracies I don't fully understand yet involving, the JSDF, Kudo, Yakumo, some others and even Ichijou's parents.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 15:44   Link #1138
Rava

Quote:
[...]
Don't want to to spoil any of the details since it involves a ridiculous number of conspiracies I don't fully understand yet involving, the JSDF, Kudo, Yakumo, some others and even George's parents.
I can tell I'm going to love v13, spoiled or not.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 17:07   Link #1139
Diocar

So tats not only is in the 9sc as engineer but also was part of the comite that decided who participate in wich event for first high school... adding what he did during the spleetchase i think it was the first volume he actually manage to act behind the scenes and not atracting too much atention for himself while protecting miyuki and other things... What a evolution lol.
Quote:
Don't want to to spoil any of the details since it involves a ridiculous number of conspiracies I don't fully understand yet involving, the JSDF, Kudo, Yakumo, some others and even George's parents.
If it wasn t for the kurobas debut i don t think i would even be interested in the 9sc.
I would be satisfied with these many conspiracies and secret plots from so many ppl (yeah you have to at least add koichi, rosen and zhou and who knows how many more to your list) and with the prospect that with 16 enemies finally having a decent fight for tats wich for me hasn t happened for at least 2 or 3 vols (tomitsuka and lina's last fight were meh). I don t even care If he avoids some of his magic as long as he makes the fight interesting.
Diocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 17:49   Link #1140
NutShell

Quote:
well at first year in PMC that was His habit, stalking Erika there or just walk with Erika to there, so after kicked from SC there is nothing wrong with do the old habit,
I wonder who kicked Him if Miyuki who did that and know that habit later maybe She will in rage (but probably Azusa the prez who kicked Tatsuya)

Quote:
Spoiler for V13:

Spoiler for V13:

thx for the spoil
what? so instead not participate or do engineering now He is un-official strategy advisor/tactical, from shadow controlling other, that was like him I remember the talk about what His role in RPG, He still doing evil thing there, that was quite cheating He maybe know Ayako and Fumiya power, so He put the twins in other event with high chance of winning, but I still want to see Ayako trashed the twins