AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka LN - Steeplechase Chapter (Volume 13) Rating
Perfect 10 13 20.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 20.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 26.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 17.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.17%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.59%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-04-30, 13:46   Link #1541
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mPervy View Post
i came here looking for the spoiler, but the sheer amount of the prediction and stuff made me lost the courage to stream all 77 page. no wonder the old threat got locked. kinda remind me of the old DxD forum.
there are plenty of spoiler if you look around, we are just having some civilized conversations around the spoilers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
The heir to the Saegusa family is Mayumi's older brother who has yet to appear in the series. He hasn't even been named yet.
On the topic of Kochi while I do want to see his magic I am a lot more interested in his goals and plans. He doesn't strike as one to really rely on force. He comes off more as a Lex Luthor type character to me.
i agree with ya, koichi is more a strategist then an actual fighter. As for his motivation of trying to undermine the yotsuba this is just speculation.
The saegusa clan is the leader clan in the 10MC with the yotsuba after them, now that the yotsuba have grown more powerful and more influential i think he fears the saegusa will lose their place as the 10MC leading clan. We know from the vol 12 from Shippou that the Ten Master Clans Selection is coming in the beginning of the next year , story time.
I think he just saw an opportunity in kudou plan for him to undermine yotsuba power in order to secure the saegusa clan place as the leading clan in the next 10MC selection.
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 15:28   Link #1542
niffum

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
The heir to the Saegusa family is Mayumi's older brother who has yet to appear in the series. He hasn't even been named yet.
On the topic of Kochi while I do want to see his magic I am a lot more interested in his goals and plans. He doesn't strike as one to really rely on force. He comes off more as a Lex Luthor type character to me.
Hmm, but the Ten Master clans are chosen on the basis of their power and the Saegusa stand at the very top, tied with the Yotsuba. While I suppose the head doesn't have to be the strongest member of the clan, they're probably far from being the weakest. Plus Kouichi fought what was apparently a tough battle with those Dahan kidnappers. And didn't Maki's investigations into his past show that he was considered very talented even when young? I really wouldn't write Kouichi off in the power department. That said, yes, it would be great to learn more his goals and plans.
niffum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 16:18   Link #1543
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

All this talk of Maya's (presumably stolen) eggs got me thinking. Have we ever been told just how old Zhou is? Did we get a flashback of him remembering stuff from Dahan before its (Yotsuba-inflicted) fall? Was he maybe conceived in 2062?
Old 2014-04-30, 16:21   Link #1544
kazakiri
Nobody Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
The saegusa clan is the leader clan in the 10MC with the yotsuba after them, now that the yotsuba have grown more powerful and more influential i think he fears the saegusa will lose their place as the 10MC leading clan. We know from the vol 12 from Shippou that the Ten Master Clans Selection is coming in the beginning of the next year , story time.
I think he just saw an opportunity in kudou plan for him to undermine yotsuba power in order to secure the saegusa clan place as the leading clan in the next 10MC selection.
Kudou's opinion in volume 4 chapter 12 that:

Spoiler for Yotsuba Progression:

Here's Koichi's view from Volume 12:

Spoiler for Yotsuba Standing:

• The Yotsuba are already above the 'Ten Master Clans'
  • The Saegusa are 'officially' equal in standing (that's what the populace thinks)
  • The Saegusa are not in danger of losing their standing. (The other clans are wary enough not to give more power to the Yotsuba)
  • Volume 3 - "The Saegusa Family did not have a system that they did not excel at, so they were ironically referred to as 'Omnipotent'."

Oh and since we're speaking of Heads Koichi probably lost Juumonji clan's support because of his media ventures...

If he really was thinking about the clan he shouldn't be stupid enough to take Zhou on his word. Following spoiler makes Koichi's possible motivations sound much more personal too.

Spoiler for Parasites:
kazakiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 16:46   Link #1545
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazakiri View Post
Kudou's opinion in volume 4 chapter 12 that:

Spoiler for Yotsuba Progression:
i already knew about yotsuba being more powerful in terms of magic than everyone else.

Also kudou made a mistake, if miyuki becomes yotsuba miyuki tatsuya will no longer be a guardian, that's pretty much obvious most likely he will be yotsuba tatsuya.(he made that reference about the siblings without knowing miyuki's goals so we can`t blame him)
Old 2014-04-30, 17:00   Link #1546
fujin of shadows

Mahouka's full ending, it's a very beautiful song...

http://www.jpopasia.com/celebrity/el...io::41498.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge04Hd879u8

Spoiler for English lyrics of the song:
fujin of shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 17:27   Link #1547
Chimurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
i already knew about yotsuba being more powerful in terms of magic than everyone else.

Also kudou made a mistake, if miyuki becomes yotsuba miyuki tatsuya will no longer be a guardian, that's pretty much obvious most likely he will be yotsuba tatsuya.(he made that reference about the siblings without knowing miyuki's goals so we can`t blame him)
This LN show 2 sides: 1 by everyone or popular knowledge and 2 Inside story, need Vol 13 to confirm but I think the only ones supporting 7th House is 5th Clan, 4th Clan release inside facts of 9th House fooling around and maybe conspirational against Japan Military power will be a hard hit to 10 Master Clans itself as ORG, Maya knowns the back story of Saeki and Kazama, as We read several times 101st is the joint of rejected or Magicians against 10 MC, maybe and just my POV: Vol 14 mentioned title in the afterword implies a purge inside JSDF, so far, We know: 1st Division being part of Kuduo faction and 3rd Division affiliated with 7th Clan, adding Koichi efforts to add Schools principals, Scholars and Jet Set people to his lobby group, mithical Maheshavara being 101st member will spook everyone, inside JSDF the power relation will be affected greatly and many top officers will do anything to oppose or diminish, all this off course its just one of many scenarios affected, take reminder Itsuwa Clan is inside 10 MC just cuz Mio SC magic, Yotsuba ready overpowering all them, without need add Tats to the ecuation.

BTW: I just curious imagining Ericka face when Mikihiko gossip about Kurobas and maybe Shiba siblings next to Him.....
Chimurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 17:37   Link #1548
Hokoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post
BTW: I just curious imagining Ericka face when Mikihiko gossip about Kurobas and maybe Shiba siblings next to Him.....
The thought of it makes me laugh
Was she there when Miki started gossip about Kurobas?
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 18:14   Link #1549
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
All this talk of Maya's (presumably stolen) eggs got me thinking. Have we ever been told just how old Zhou is? Did we get a flashback of him remembering stuff from Dahan before its (Yotsuba-inflicted) fall? Was he maybe conceived in 2062?
You're not alone in thinking he may have some Yotsuba genes. It crossed my mind too.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 20:16   Link #1550
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
You're not alone in thinking he may have some Yotsuba genes. It crossed my mind too.
And he's in his 30's...I say that puts him in the right age.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 20:23   Link #1551
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Uhggg I feel like an Idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
And he's in his 30's...I say that puts him in the right age.
A really huge idiot.

Uhggg. I'm ashamed

Quote:
A small group of people came out led by a young man with an aristocratic air about him who was five to six years older than Masaki.
They were bringing the bound invaders with them.
"My name is Zhou Gongjin[4]."
The young man announced his name.
"...Zhou Gongjin?"
"That's my real name."
Young Zhou was used to this sort of reaction. Seeing Masaki tilt his head, the young man laughed pleasantly.
"My apologies. I am Ichijou Masaki."
Ichijou Masaki actually met Zhou, for some reason I completely overlooked this fact.

Also:

Quote:
He definitely couldn't lower his guard.

This was the impression Masaki had of Zhou.
That being said, Masaki did not have the authority to comprehensively investigate any random individual.
In addition, on the surface, their assistance would put an end to the conflict in this sector.
Masaki expressed his thanks to Zhou and cooperated with the other volunteers to take possession of the bound enemy soldiers.
However, Masaki did not notice that this action would remove him from the front lines.
In retrospect, I'm lead to believe that Masaki being removed from the front lines was Zhou's intention.

Anyway, since Zhou is described as being "5 or 6" years older than Masaki, Zhou could be estimated to be 23 years old.

Not in his 30's
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 21:29   Link #1552
NutShell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post
The thought of it makes me laugh
Was she there when Miki started gossip about Kurobas?
Erika probably think ! Owh crap you suspect other people who pose awesome magic talent are Yotsuba, but you didnt suspect your lovers (tatsuya) being Yotsuba ? love clearly make people blind
NutShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 00:01   Link #1553
Chris38

More spoilers from @OnyxObsidian and @tenjouten:

Spoiler for info vol. 13:
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 00:17   Link #1554
millie10468

@OnyxObsidian and @tenjouten Thanks so much for the spoilers
@ Chris38 Thanks so much for posting it here. Seriously, waiting for translations would have been extra unbearable without you guys

I knew there was a reason I liked Miyuki If she doesn't act like that towards Tatsuya, that emotionless guy would probably overuse his powers and die. Plus, I think she was right. It's not even his fight, so why would he use up all his energy for something that isn't related to her.

But seriously, shit's getting real. Pretty soon, we'll be begging for their nice and quiet everyday lives that we took for granted
I can see now how the Ancient Magic faction will lead an insurrection in the next volume. If they're the scapegoats here, they're probably not that happy. I wonder what's going on in Kudou's head. I can't seem to make up my mind if he or Koichi is more troublesome. At least with Koichi, we know he's up to no good. Kudou acts like he's thinking about the future of magicians but, cjust like the rest of the elite families, he's out for his own gain. Unless I'm mistaken...

But it might hit an iceberg...
millie10468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 00:39   Link #1555
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

@ Chris38
Man many many thanks for the spoilers.

And hell yeah shit is getting serious, i wonder what will happen to tatsuya's identity now that pretty much anyone including the public has heard about him, about the mysterious strategic class magician.
I wonder if his secret as a yotsuba will come out soon, with the clan taking more of a front position this time, and more people from the clan getting dragged into the mess the traditionalist have created.
I'm dieing for the translation here, hope some thing will come out soon
Old 2014-05-01, 00:47   Link #1556
nacer666

‏‎90 and talking about future just like a lot of nowdays politicians.He is gonna die in some ugly way for sure.‎
nacer666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 00:55   Link #1557
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacer666 View Post
‏‎90 and talking about future just like a lot of nowdays politicians.He is gonna die in some ugly way for sure.‎
That will be very sad. Actually Kudou is a good grandpa.
hakazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 01:07   Link #1558
Verisimilitude

So, next vol will probably be Zhou's faction vs Kudou, I guess.
Verisimilitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 01:08   Link #1559
NutShell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
More spoilers from @OnyxObsidian and @tenjouten:

Spoiler for info vol. 13:
Thx for the spoiler, I always think Tatsuya who will start the rebel but look like other people who did that
i dont understand why Miyuki didnt let Tatsuya go ? she always believe her brother is the strongest magician ever . . so Minami is fight with the paradoll too . .so as expected of Miyuki win the Steeplechase

Tatsuya being sensitive LOL in a certain degree Eimi friends was right
NutShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 01:11   Link #1560
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
...Continuing on from chapter 6 translated part...
Geh. I can't read this yet. An overall, basic synopsis of the book is one thing, but I can't get into detailed spoilers starting halfway in... Maybe once BT gets up to chapter 6, I'll come back to this...

Not discounting the work done in getting those spoilers out, though. That is much appreciated.